Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantFamousChristmas 2019Treat 2019Promptober 2019
10-15-2016, 07:00 PM
OOC// athenas kids are also welcome to join if they want

It had been a a couple of weeks since Vereux had passed away. And now she finally decided to travel to Fiori to tell Athena and the other half of his family. She didn't know how close they were to each other, nor if his other kids cared too much, but either way she had to let them know. She had spent the better part of the time since his passing consoling Okami and silently grieving. And part of her felt bad that she had told him what she did that day. But what could she do? Pretend that those feelings were real? She couldn't lie to herself, and much less to him. And while she felt guilty, she also felt that it was the right choice. She wasn't one to lie without a good reason, and on top of it, she was much too honest with herself and others. She had done everything she could to protect him from those seeking to harm him, and in the end, he had paid for his crime towards another pack...and eventually paid for whatever crime life thought fit to punish him for. Sighing, she stood near the borders of Fiori and leaned her head back, a hollow call sounding in the air for Athena and whatever members of Vereux's family wished to come. She didn't know them very well, only just barely. She had met Athena and Amalia once or twice, but beyond that she didn't know much about them. She supposed it was better that way, to keep connections less complicated. On top of that, it was a bit...awkward, that Vereux and Athena had once been mated siblings. Though she wouldn’t admit to anyone how uncomfortable that made her feel. Regardless, she would be courteous and tell them. As they were his family once, it was their right to know.

"Avalon"||"Tanaraq"

Art||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Athena I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
10-17-2016, 12:01 AM

Athena's head turned toward the howl that reached her from the border with surprise and confusion in her expression. She didn't recognize the voice at first, after all she had only crossed paths with Avalon a time or two, but she could tell it was directed toward her. It wasn't till she was almost there that it occurred to her who it might be and moments later she saw Avalon's figure a short distance away. She glanced around to look for Vereux, assuming that her brother would have come with her if she was calling her herself and not Leo, but she didn't see him anywhere around. She stopped a couple of feet from the other woman and a dread slowly settled over her. The last words Vereux had said to her echoed in her head as she settled her two-toned gaze on the woman across from her. "He's gone... isn't he?" she said quietly, already knowing the answer as she spoke the question. She sank back on her haunches, but her gaze never left Avalon's face while she awaited confirmation of the news.

"Talk" "You" Think

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantFamousChristmas 2019Treat 2019Promptober 2019
10-17-2016, 12:31 AM

She waited in silence, the seconds feeling like the longest ones in her life. She dreaded having to tell Athena, not because of the relationship she once had with Vereux, but because she hated to be the bearer of bad news. Not only that, but she was still in disbelief herself about it. He had said that he had more time. A year or two at least, but...it had barely been a whole season since she had been told. Her heart pounded hard against her chest, her chest feeling hollow and empty. Amber gaze stared at the floor as she waited, ears pinned back. And as soon as she heard a voice that sounded somewhat familiar, she looked up to find Athena coming towards her, the silver warrior sitting upon the ground.

The Chief took in a deep breath, trying to calm her racing heart as she thought about how to tell her. But it seemed, she already knew. It seemed Vereux had come by at one point to tell her. Quietly, she would nod. "I'm afraid so..." Saddened eyes looked to the ground again for a moment, though she would look at Athena as she spoke. "He went quietly in his sleep. Okami found him, but by the time she did, there was nothing anyone could do to wake him up...I'm sorry..."

"Avalon"||"Tanaraq"

Art||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Athena I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
10-19-2016, 01:31 PM

So her fears were correct. But were they really fears? Vereux had been so certain that he was going to die and none of her protests when he had told her phased him. It was really a matter of when, not if. She sighed and her ruby and emerald gaze fell to the ground. Her and Vereux hadn't been reunited for very long and what time they had been back on speaking terms had them separated by distance. Honestly they had only spoken a few times in the last several years. But, still, he was her brother. He had been the last of her siblings that she had been in contact with. Now it seemed that she was the last of her siblings that were around- at least that she knew of. "Sorry for your loss," she replied quietly, bringing her gaze back up toward Avalon. "You knew that Vereux better than I had. He wasn't the same Vereux I knew. So... You have my condolences." She sighed and shifted her weight a bit. She wasn't sure what else to say, even though there was plenty more she wanted to say. "If you or the kids need anything... Let me know." Was that an appropriate thing to offer? Those pups were still her nieces and nephews. She had only met one of them but... family was family.

"Talk" "You" Think