Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
09-19-2016, 07:55 PM

The Spanish woman was heartbroken at having let Phoenix and Ashlynn go their own way. But she knew she had no rights to keep them, especially when she wasn’t their real mother. Carletta made herself a quiet promise to seek the little ones out one day soon. But for now, she thought, she had made Leo wait long enough. The femme wasn’t sure if he’d been busy with his “pack” or not… but she wanted to see him again. She hoped that her sister was somewhere close by too. It hadn’t been too long since they left the mountain, though Carletta had gone off on her own for a bit to do some thinking.

The femme found herself at the edge of the place that smelled like Leo, though she didn’t press further. Something deep within her warned her not to, and Carletta listened to that instinct. The femme paused, lifted her muzzle to the sky, and let loose a howl for Leo. She hoped that she was in the right place at least… and that Amaia would be along too.

"Talk" "You" Think

Carletta's current avatar is by Risketch on DeviantArt.

Leo

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Athena I
09-28-2016, 09:42 PM

Leo's ears perked when a howl reached him from the border and he immediately stood to go answer it since it was his duty to do so, but after a moment he realized he knew that voice. He picked up the pace a bit while he racked his brain for who it actually belonged to. The moment Carletta's spotted form came into view it all clicked back into place in his memories. "Carletta!" he called with a grin. His mood instantly went from the usual pleasantries he gave to all his visitors to excitedly trotting over to meet her. He had started to think that she and her family had decided not to come to Fiori after all or maybe they had trouble finding the pack, but she was here now! He didn't see any of her family around just yet, but maybe they were just behind her. Only time and conversation would tell. "It's so good to see you! I'm glad you finally made it." He stopped in front of her, offering her a friendly smile while his tail wagged lightly behind him. "How have you been?"

"Talk" "You" Think

Carletta

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
10-11-2016, 08:32 PM

Carletta was not left waiting long, though anxiety flittered about in her chest. Waiting was something the wolfess was normally used to, particularly since she tended to be on the lazy side of things, but for some reason waiting this time made her feel butterflies within. She didn’t know what she was expecting anymore, or what she was hoping. The fact that the little ones had gone off on their own still unsettled her. She was praying that both Ashe and Phoenix were okay... That they were together, wherever they were. A soft sigh escaped her lips, ears lowering to the sides as she waited for Leo to show up.

When she saw that familiar orange and white form, however, she felt a bit better, lifting her ears as a small, yet still sad smile crossed onto her face. Her tail gave a slow wag as she got a bit closer to Leo, giving a soft bark of greeting. “Glad... Found it.” Though as he asked how she had been the femme’s smile ran away for a moment. “Children... Gone. Left.” Her words were saddened, but she shook her head. “Was time... I...” She paused trying to think of the word. “Miss children.” She finally said after a moment.

“I stay... Leo?” She asked, hoping that his offer had not been forgotten or revoked. “Amaia stay?” She added, wanting to clarify her sister should be along too.

"Talk" "You" Think

Leo

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Athena I
10-21-2016, 08:35 AM

Just like before, her english was broken and he had to piece together what she meant, but it was a bit easier than the last time since he knew what to expect. He frowned when she told him that the children had gone their own way and it was just her and her sister now. He nodded in understanding when she expressed that she missed her children. "I know what you mean... I've been particularly grateful lately that my children have decided to stick around the pack instead of wandering off." He still expected at least a couple of them to decide to go their own way eventually, but it wasn't something he was looking forward to. He was going to keep the lot of them as close as he could for as long as he could.

Her question brought his attention back to the present and he nodded in agreement without hesitation. He had offered his pack to her before and left an open invitation to her and her family. He certainly wasn't going to turn them down now. Fiori was getting pretty full these days, but he was sure they could make room for a couple more. He smiled and replied, "Of course you can. There's no question. You're welcome to stay as long as you want. And your sister too, whenever she arrives." He motioned with his head in the direction he had come from, toward the rest of the pack lands that were stretched out behind him. "Why don't you come with me? I'll show you around a bit."

"Talk" "You" Think

Carletta

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
10-29-2016, 09:07 PM

The babies… she really hoped they were alright. Sure they weren’t babies anymore but it didn’t make things any easier in losing them. She was glad to hear that Leo’s children hadn’t wandered off though. Perhaps she’d be able to meet them? Carletta felt a little better thinking about that. Perhaps she’d even run into Phoenix or Ashe again someday too. She wasn’t sure… but she really hoped that she did. She prayed that they were safe, wherever they were. Especially as the seasons began to shift to the colder months once more.

She might not have understood each individual word that Leo said, but she got the gist of what he was saying. She’d be allowed to stay and Amaia too, once she arrived. That actually had Carletta a little worried too. Her blue gaze swept the territory, hoping for signs of her sister… but there was no one there. She and Leo were alone. But that couldn’t be all bad, right? She managed a small smile, turning back to the orange and white male before giving a nod. “Yes… I… see around.” She was sure that wasn’t quite right, but at least Leo was able to understand her.

"Talk" "You" Think

Leo

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Athena I
11-03-2016, 09:58 AM
Leo could tell Carletta was a bit worried, whether over her sister or children he didn't know. Family was always the most worrying for him as well so he understood her concern either way. He hoped for her sake that they were alright and her sister would appear before too long. Be smiled though when she agreed to come walk with him. He knew her English was rough, but he could at least get the general idea of what she meant. He actually thought her broken sentences were endearing in a way. He has never met anyone that couldn't speak the same language as him. He knew of wolves that could speak two languages, but Carletta was a first for him. He didn't mind though. It just made him more curious about her. "Come on then! Welcome home." He gave her a warm smile and motioned with his head for her to follow him. He started making his way toward the center of the mangroves. He made sure not to move too quickly so that she could look around if she wanted and could keep from tripping on the mangrove tree roots. He knew they could be a bit tricky if one wasn't used to them. "Would you teach me some more of your language?" He asked curiously, his sapphire gaze lingering on her. She had taught him how to introduce himself the last time he saw her, but he would love to be able to hold a conversation with her one day in a language she was most comfortable with.

Carletta

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
11-07-2016, 07:00 PM

At least, Carletta thought, she didn’t need to worry about herself while in Leo’s presence. She felt sure that the male would help her, keep her smiling. Even if Amaia didn’t show up for a while, or even if she didn’t see her adopted children… there was still the chance of her being happy. He was so patient with her broken English too… Carletta was extremely grateful for that. Her paws lead her on, keeping close to Leo’s side even as she looked around in curiosity at the different things that were around her. This place was different from where she came from… but it seemed to be enjoyable too.

She was surprised to hear him ask if she’d teach him more of the language she spoke. This immediately lifted the femme’s spirit, and she gave an eager nod. “Yes!” Her gaze was shining brightly… where did she even begin with words? To teach him how to say things? She looked around, deciding to move carefully towards one of the trees before she rose on her back paws, placing both forepaws upon it. "Árbol. Esto es un árbol."Carletta let out a light laugh. “To you; tree. To I... Árbol.”

"Talk" "You" Think

Leo

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Athena I
11-11-2016, 08:31 PM

Leo smiled happily when she agreed to teach him so enthusiastically. It generally made him happy to see other wolves happy, that was the entertainer and caregiver in him, but seeing Carletta happy warmed his heart even more than usual. He couldn't describe why, he just loved the way her eyes lit up at his request and how she immediately started looking around for an opportunity to teach from. He paused and watched her walk over to one of the trees near them, watching with a little amusement as she hopped up onto her back paws so that she could rest her forepaws on the tree as a way to show what she was talking about. He didn't mean to do so, but his gaze followed the length of her body from her back paws to her forepaws that were resting on the tree, his eyes following the curves of her form for a brief moment. He had noticed how pretty she was when they first met, but all of the sudden her beauty stood out to him. He felt his face flush a bit and he was grateful for his bright russet fur that hid it from the world.

He blinked and focused back in on Carletta when she instructed him on the fact that this was a tree to him, but she called it an árbol. "An árbol, hm?" he asked, trying his best to get his brain back on track. Jeeze, what was wrong with him? "Am I saying that right? Un árbol?" He chuckled and padded closer to her, glancing down at the ground as a way to help his mind clear and to maybe find something else for her to teach him about. "What about water?" he asked, replacing this sudden wave of attraction with curiosity. He dipped his paw into one of the small streams of water that lingered around the mangrove tree's roots as an illustration before glancing back up at her.

"Talk" "You" Think