gems
size
build
player
07-01-2017, 04:16 PM
anyone

<3
heaven's full & hell won't have me

There was the scent of sulfur in the air, but Vulcan didn’t really know what that meant nor did he care. Instead he would slowly make his way up a natural incline. Little did the brute know that he was climbing up a volcano but even if he did, he wouldn’t mind. So he kept hiking and hiking, the spring weather didn’t make the hike too bad but as he looked closer it almost seemed like there was something bubbling at the top of the mountain. No matter, he would find out what it was once he would get there.

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipDouble MasterLegendaryPride - BisexualAuster Explorer
Treat 2019Famous
07-01-2017, 04:44 PM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2017, 04:16 PM by Pyralis.)
Navigation - Mount Vulcan

Pyralis was waaaay off course and she knew it.  She also knew that her brother was probably wondering where the hell she was and she was definitely going to get a mouthful when she returned.  Blah, blah, blah, mother now, blah, blah blah, abandonment, etc.  Ok, maybe she wouldn't get it from Amon but she knew her slave girl was probably going to attempt to lecture her but that was fine.  It just meant Pyralis could try and drown her in the creek for her impudence.

Strolling up the mountain she grinned at he smell of sulfur.  This strange living mountain, this roiling, boiling volcano had caught her attention and she insisted on going to the top of it.  As she walked she spied another male heading up the mountain. "Well, well, I see I'm not the only one on my way to peer into a fiery abyss."

"Talk" "You" Think
Please note that Pyralis is a ghost. It is up to you to decide what level your chars can see/hear her. She was killed by having her throat ripped apart. At times the wound may be visible and be actively bleeding.

Hear ye!  Hear ye! Beware her Ladyship, her Excellence (etc. ad infinitum), Captain Pyralis Abraxas.  Thread with at yer own risk!  This cutthroat savage stands accused though not convicted of heinous crimes including murder, maiming, brawling, cursing, kidnapping and an unspeakable event involving a newt, two coyotes and a distressed potoo.  Ye've been warned!

Vulcan

gems
size
build
player
07-01-2017, 05:40 PM
pyralis

<3

Vulcan heard a voice behind him and his nose twitched. The voice belonged to a woman and she appeared to be rather tall, but he didn’t really find it too impressive. “Fiery abyss?” he asked, “So that’s what’s at the top of this mountain,” he grumbled. “This place is strange…” he said almost half to himself. Maybe it was the fact that he was walking on something that was practically living. No, mountains weren’t supposed to live…

“Uh… I’m Vulcan by the way,” he said, he guessed it would somewhat be worth something to at least offer his name. It seemed like whether he liked it or not this female was going to travel with him now to the top of this mountain anyways.

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipDouble MasterLegendaryPride - BisexualAuster Explorer
Treat 2019Famous
07-01-2017, 05:52 PM

The man stared at her for a moment before stating the place was strange. She nodded. "Strange, but glorious! If you drop field mice into it they practically burn up on impact. It's very fascinating but I didn't bring any with me." Rats! She really should've brought some rats with her, that would've been just about the right size. "Nice to meet you Vulcan, I'm Pyralis Abraxas." She continued walking upward at a leisurely pace, eyeing the exhalations of the mountain that billowed softly into the sky. "I take it you are new to these lands? Have you really never seen a volcano before?"

"Talk" "You" Think
Please note that Pyralis is a ghost. It is up to you to decide what level your chars can see/hear her. She was killed by having her throat ripped apart. At times the wound may be visible and be actively bleeding.

Hear ye!  Hear ye! Beware her Ladyship, her Excellence (etc. ad infinitum), Captain Pyralis Abraxas.  Thread with at yer own risk!  This cutthroat savage stands accused though not convicted of heinous crimes including murder, maiming, brawling, cursing, kidnapping and an unspeakable event involving a newt, two coyotes and a distressed potoo.  Ye've been warned!

Vulcan

gems
size
build
player
07-01-2017, 06:51 PM
pyralis

<3

“Holy shit, it must be really hot then.” he said, as she stated that if you dropped mice within the top of the mountain that they would burn within impact. “Nice to meet you too, Pyralis.” Though, was it really nice to meet her? He didn’t know, he guessed he would have to figure it out eventually. The pair would continue up the mountain and she continued to speak. “Yes, I’m actually very new.” he said, “Just entered this place about a few days ago.” he admitted, “So that’s what it’s called? A volcano?” well that was ironic to his name, wasn’t it. “I’ve only really travelled and lived in forests and maybe climbed a few mountains, sounds boring doesn’t it?” he asked.

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
07-01-2017, 08:44 PM

Holy shit, it must be really hot then.

Pyralis nodded excitedly, wishing she had something to throw in besides a few rocks and twigs. Maybe they'd run across a prey animal or something on the way up. "I'll keep my eyes peeled, it's the beginning of spring and the volcanic soil is rich. There's bound to be rodents around here somewhere just humping away." She scrambled a particularly rocky embankment and paused for a moment to catch her breath as she listened to Vulcan speak. He'd entered the territory a few days ago.

Pyralis nodded at his question. "Yup! This is a volcano. This one is called Mount Volkan. Kind of like your name." She chuckled. "Must be destiny that lured you here."

She shrugged. "A little boring, but we can change that! I'm a wanderer and I've seen many different kinds of territories. If there's anything you've ever wanted to see I bet I can find it."

"Talk" "You" Think

Vulcan

gems
size
build
player
07-01-2017, 09:46 PM
pyralis

<3

Pyralis made note that because it was spring now there was bound to be some creatures around and he nodded. Watching as she moved over a rocky area and explained that this place was called Mount Volkan. He smirked and shook his head, “I suppose it’s destiny,” he said, how the fuck was there a whole mountain that basically held his name?

She said that it was a little boring but she said that they could change that. She explained that she was a wanderer and that’s she’s seen quite a lot, and she said that if he ever wanted to find a particular place that she could probably find it. “Okay,” he said. He then looked around and movement caught his eye, slowly he would approach and suddenly his snout buried into the soil, jaws snapping and he pulled his head away. In his jaws was a rat, he looked at her quietly and continued on the hike.

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
07-02-2017, 06:30 AM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2017, 09:51 AM by Pyralis.)

Pyralis rolled her shoulders and continued up the mountain, striding confidently as she went though secretly she was realizing she was a bit out of shape. Since birthing her children over the winter, summer in Auster, she'd been keeping mostly around her den and this trip was the farthest she'd traveled in a long while. She paused when she noticed something had caught Vulcan's attention. As she watched him she saw him suddenly lunge forward and when he pulled his head back up he had a rat.

"Nice catch! Perfect thing to drop into the volcano." That put a spring in her step, oh this was going to be fun to watch. Time slipped by and soon they were at the top. This high up the altitude did little to calm the heat, it was like a furnace. Pyralis slowed her pace and approached the lip carefully, testing the earth beneath her feet to be sure it wouldn't swift and then she gazed down into the blinding heat of bright, bubbling magma.

"Talk" "You" Think

Vulcan

gems
size
build
player
07-02-2017, 07:54 AM
The woman seemed to praise him on his catch, saying that it was perfect to throw into the volcano. The brute merely nodded and silently followed her up to the final stretch of the volcano. His tail flicking as he slowed down and he could finally see that fiery abyss she was talking about. It was almost blinding and even from where they were standing it felt like his fur was going to singe off. His eyes narrowed though, determined to see this rat burn.

He would lower his head and widened his jaws, letting the dead rodent go and watching it fall. It’s almost as time slowed as it dropped down and suddenly it hit the magma. Immediately the volcano seemed to his as it devoured the small creature, watching it catch to flame right away and sputter away into nonexistance. “Wow…” he said, “That’s oddly… Satisfying.” he said and smirked.

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
07-02-2017, 09:50 AM

Pyralis wagged her tail happily as Vulcan came to join her with the rat.  She couldn't wait to see the creature thrown in.  Someday she wanted to throw in something much larger but she felt that it would have to be a special occasion of some sort.  She watched carefully as he lowered his head and dropped the rat.  She watched mesmerized as it hit the magma and was immediately incinerated.  Pyralis let out a cheer and turned to Vulcan. "It is, isn't it?  This fire is so hot it can even devour stone."  She looked around seeking an example before finding a rock about the size and shape of rabbit.  Carefully, she rolled the awkward thing to the ledge and kicked it off.  It soared down and landed with a sloppy splash as it started to sink slowly, it's form beginning to glow red with the heat of the fire before it to was consumed.

"Talk" "You" Think

Vulcan

gems
size
build
player
07-02-2017, 10:36 PM
It was sort of amazing to see the rat just be destroyed like that. Pyralis then said something about stone and he looked back at her, watching her roll a rock over to the ledge and watching it fall. It did not catch on fire like the rat but instead it splashed into the magma and began to glow due to the heat. “That’s so strange!” he said, “It’s morbid but I wonder if wolves have ever fallen into this pit, that’d be pretty fucked.” he said and took a few steps back, “I guess if somebody got pissed enough they would push somebody in too.”
// tell your friends to sharpen their teeth
pyralis 106 <3
credit to kenz.

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
07-03-2017, 06:15 AM

Pyralis nodded. It was strange to see such an open in the earth, like a boiling hot fistula allowing one a glance at the internal mass of the earth itself. Vulcan mentioned how screwed up it would be if a wolf was dropped in there and Pyralis grinned wickedly. "Oh, I'm sure a wolf or two at some point has been thrown in. Where I'm from there was a pack of wolves that threw in their fellows as sacrifices." That particular tribe was long gone now, victim to the Abraxas' conquest. "So, you said your quite new here. Where is it your from? What was it like and why are you journeying all this way?"

"Talk" "You" Think

Vulcan

gems
size
build
player
07-03-2017, 07:06 PM

you keep me on the edge of my seat
i bite my tongue so you don't hear me
“Sacrifices? Damn.” Vulcan didn’t know much about sacrifices or religion because his parents didn’t believe in such things, but he didn’t think he was really missing out if he had to be honest. “Well, my parents never bothered to tell me what the place was called, but I lived near the foot of a mountain. There was a Kingdom that was not too far away, both of the exiled.” he said, “I was the product of hate basically, my father trained me in hopes that I would help take down that Kingdom. Which is the stupidest idea I’ve ever fucking heard because it was just me, I didn’t have any siblings and no matter how well I would be trained I wouldn’t be able to slaughter that amount of wolves.” he said, “I left him, he was idiotic for thinking that plan could work and now he can deal with the fact that all his supposed hard work is gone.” he explained, well that all just came out, it was whatever though. “And what about you?”

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
07-04-2017, 09:06 AM

In some ways Vulcan seemed so innocent. He'd never heard of sacrificing lives to greater powers? She'd have marked him for living a sheltered life if it weren't for the life story that followed. The parallels between his own story and her own wasn't entirely lost on her. "I too came from far away, from a fallen kingdom. My family is descended from the Fallen god. My father believes that it is up to our family to one day retake that kingdom and while there are a many things I disagree with him about he is not so foolish as to place the responsibility on one wolf. My family has grown large and continues to grow. Soon we will be a force unto ourselves and reclaim our place in paradise."

The wind shifted and so did Pyralis. "Well, I think this was a decent exploration but perhaps it's time I get going. I am far from my home. If you'd like to explore the terras a little more you're welcome to join me. Though, I guess I didn't ask. Are you going anywhere in particular? Have you made your den nearby?"

"Talk" "You" Think

Vulcan

gems
size
build
player
07-04-2017, 06:33 PM

you keep me on the edge of my seat
i bite my tongue so you don't hear me
The woman would explain her little bit of history too, how she had supposedly come from a fallen god and how her father was ambitious too, wanting to take back what was theirs. But her father was a bit more smart about it, she said her family had grown quite large and such. She offered to explore a little bit more but Vulcan shook his head, he was quite done with this exploring and talking and wished for some alone time now if he had to be honest with himself. “It was nice, but I’d like to go home too,” he said, “I don’t have a permanent den yet, but I’ll figure it out.” he said and turned away, no he wouldn’t bother saying goodbye. Instead he would slink off to go find a place to rest for the night.
[ exit vulcan ]

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
07-14-2017, 10:59 PM

Pyralis nodded. "Take care!" Vulcan left and Pyralis turned her attention back to the volcano, gazing into the boiling pit for a moment more before turning her head and heading back down the way she came. She doubted she'd ever head this far north again but who knew. If it was destined to be she would find her way here again and perhaps by then her pups would be old enough to join her. She imagined both of them would love to explore this land. Perhaps Amon would help her catch a hapless mortal or two to throw into the fire just to see what would happen? She laughed to herself as she disappeared into the dark.

-exit-

"Talk" "You" Think