Nevada

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Medium
player
07-02-2017, 09:45 AM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2017, 09:53 AM by Nevada.)
don't you see baby, this is perfection
Nevada had the day to explore by herself, it seemed. Her hummingbird companion Alma had decided that today was the day to catch up on sleep after all their days of traveling. And sure, Nevada was a little tired herself, but she was running on adrenaline. She was just so excited to be seeing all these new places! She could sleep later, when a bit of the novelty had worn off. But at this point, she wondered if it ever would. She and Alma had only been in this land a couple of days, and already she could tell that this land was vast. It would take weeks and weeks to explore it. And just imagine how excited Nevada would be when she discovered there was another whole continent to explore just north of this one!

She wanted to explore for her whole life. Until her old bones prevented her from doing so anymore. She lived and breathed for exploration, for that exhilarating feeling of discovery when you happened upon a new place. And here she was today, in another brand new place. This place fascinated her already, there were grapevines so thick the sun could hardly get through. Which would be nice, she supposed, when the temperatures got high. Her emerald eyes were bright as she took it all in. And then, a few feet above her head, she saw a bunch of the most delectable grapes she had ever seen. Oh, she just had to try them!

The earth colored vixen took a few steps back, giving herself a small running start as she leapt vertically into the air to try and snatch the bunch of grapes from its vine. But she missed, only managing to tear a smaller bunch from the rest. But that was enough to give her the taste of the sweet fruit, and she knew she wanted more. "Come on," she whispered to herself, her words lilted a bit as a result of her native accent. "Permítanme obtenerlas esta vez." She'd been so close. Nevada locked her eyes on her target, and crouched down, shifting her weight from side to side as she prepared to jump again.

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipDouble MasterLegendaryPride - BisexualAuster Explorer
Treat 2019Famous
07-02-2017, 10:00 AM (This post was last modified: 08-31-2017, 04:48 PM by Pyralis.)
Navigation - Grapevine Cathedral

Pyralis was at it again.  She'd left the bent canyon in the wee hours of the morning and headed to the east for a second vacation.  Her brief return had been pleasant but worrisome to a degree.  Asharya hadn't been feeling well and her hunt for Amon had turned up nothing.  Rumor was he was headed back to confront their father and that did not sit with her well at all, especially since she wasn't there with him.  She told herself it probably wasn't true.  He was probably just out scouting and she'd missed him but either way she needed to get out and clear her head for a bit.  Though, if she was totally honest with herself, her addiction to freedom played a bigger part in her decisions than she would ever care to admit.  There was something she enjoyed about breaking free of her family duties at the drop of a hat, whenever she pleased.

Pyralis wove her way through the grapevines, enjoying the coolness of the shade and the silence of the-   A voice caught her attention and she noticed a tiny, earthen female trying to leap up for some grapes and she let out a hearty laugh. "Need a hand there, munchkin?"

"Talk" "You" Think
Please note that Pyralis is a ghost. It is up to you to decide what level your chars can see/hear her. She was killed by having her throat ripped apart. At times the wound may be visible and be actively bleeding.

Hear ye!  Hear ye! Beware her Ladyship, her Excellence (etc. ad infinitum), Captain Pyralis Abraxas.  Thread with at yer own risk!  This cutthroat savage stands accused though not convicted of heinous crimes including murder, maiming, brawling, cursing, kidnapping and an unspeakable event involving a newt, two coyotes and a distressed potoo.  Ye've been warned!

Nevada

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Medium
player
07-02-2017, 10:22 AM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2017, 10:25 AM by Nevada.)
Nevada had her muscles coiled, ready to jump up and get the grapes she was after, when suddenly a hearty laugh got her attention. She relaxed from her posture, standing up straight as she looked for the owner of the voice. And it wasn't hard to find her. Dios bueno, this woman was big. The smaller girl hated having to crane her neck to look into her eyes, though, so she took a couple steps back. Much better. "I'm quite alright, preciosa," she said with a smile that was only slightly condescending. She wasn't sure how huge wolves like this one even got off the ground. "See?" she said, returning to her place and crouching before launching herself up once more.

Perhaps it was the fact that she had an audience to impress, but for some reason Nevada had no trouble snatching the grapes this time. She came down with the whole bunch in her mouth, and she grinned as she set it on the ground at her feet. She'd have to save some for Alma, the little bird loved her fruits. "Now, tell me," the little woman said in her accented voice. "I've never heard this word before, you say I'm a munchkin?"

Nevada was very fluent in this tongue, but alas, some words still eluded her. "Or perhaps I do not want to know what that means?" she asked with a smirk, green eyes alight with mischief.

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipDouble MasterLegendaryPride - BisexualAuster Explorer
Treat 2019Famous
07-02-2017, 10:33 AM

Pyralis gazed curious down at the smaller woman as she spoke. The accent was definitely foreign. "Preciosa? I believe you've mistaken me for someone else. My name is Pyralis. Who are you?" Before the woman answered she seemed intent on getting those grapes and when she did Pyralis chuckled. She could not udnerstand these wolves that sought to eat plants. Perhaps this woman was a healer to of sorts?

"Munchkin means little person." It was not a very nice term for a little person but Pyralis certainly wasn't going to tell her that. "I have to ask, are you a healer? Every wolf I see with plants in their mouths seems to turn out to be one."

"Talk" "You" Think
Please note that Pyralis is a ghost. It is up to you to decide what level your chars can see/hear her. She was killed by having her throat ripped apart. At times the wound may be visible and be actively bleeding.

Hear ye!  Hear ye! Beware her Ladyship, her Excellence (etc. ad infinitum), Captain Pyralis Abraxas.  Thread with at yer own risk!  This cutthroat savage stands accused though not convicted of heinous crimes including murder, maiming, brawling, cursing, kidnapping and an unspeakable event involving a newt, two coyotes and a distressed potoo.  Ye've been warned!

Nevada

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Medium
player
07-02-2017, 10:52 AM
Nevada couldn't help but laugh when the larger woman became confused by her use of Spanish. "I did not ask for your name, but thank you anyway," she said. "Preciosa means lovely. Think of it as a pet name, like the one you gave to me." She swished her tail in a teasing way, sitting down to enjoy her grapes. "And my name is Nevada," the girl said with a smile.

After this, she leaned down and pulled a few of the sweet, round fruits into her mouth. She was not surprised that the word munchkin was meant to be insulting, a name for a small creature like herself. But Nevada was not insulted in the slightest. "Ah, yes," she said. "We have such words for wolves of your stature as well, Pyralis, but I'm sure you wouldn't be interested in hearing them."

Upon being asked if she was a healer, the earthen woman gave an unladylike snort. "I am not. I've received some training in the art of healing, but it never held my interest much. I prefer the art of navigation and exploration." She leaned down to pop another grape into her mouth, licking her lips as she tilted her head at Pyralis.

"And what do you do? I'd guess that you're a fighter, no?"

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
07-02-2017, 11:12 AM

Pyralis laughed as the woman explained. "Oh! That makes more sense." Lovely, hm? Well she'd take it. The woman introduced herself as Nevada and set about eating the plants. Pyralis sat and wrapped her tail around her paws not the least bit interested in eating any of the plant material. She grinned wickedly. "Oh, I've heard some doosies in my time. I doubt you'd be able to surprise me. Of course those that insulted me tended to apologize shortly after with a bit of… how shall I say this… particularly eloquent persuasion?" Translated into Pyralis' personal language that meant maiming and bloodshed but she didn't feel the need to share that little detail.

Nevada stated she was not a healer. "Oh? Interesting." Then why was she eating those plants? She was about to ask when the femme mentioned exploration. Ah! Now that was something of interest! "I am a woman of many talents, fighting is one but I am a particularly skilled explorer. It is my ambition to explore the whole of this continent someday. Perhaps you'd like to join me?"

"Talk" "You" Think

Natha

Loner

gems
size
Other species
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Snake EyesNorthern ExplorerValentines 2020Critical Fail!
08-26-2017, 12:14 PM
I'd rather be dead than live a lie
BURN THE WHITE FLAG!

Natha found herself in the far, far south. She'd travelled about as far as she could go, or at least that's what it seemed like. She wasn't sure what had spurned her this far down but she did have a feeling there was a reason she'd been called this direction though she did not know yet what that reason was. Well, that was until she saw the giant wolf. She stayed quiet, crouched in the tangle of grapevines closer to the ground as she stared at a giant wolf with a white patch over one of her eyes with a jagged white line going through it. Natha searched her memory but came up short and so she just laid in wait… until the larger wolf turned to look right at her. Natha froze for a moment but knew immediately when her golden eyes met the golden eyes of the wolf that she'd been caught. Swiftly she turned and darted through the brush.

-exit-

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
08-26-2017, 12:15 PM
ooc: I'm wrapping up all my spree threads but if you want to do another between Nevada and Pyralis some time just let me know.

Pyralis was waiting for a answer when the wind shifted and she caught a distinctly feline scent. Normally it wouldn't be of any interest to her but for some reason she turned and caught the gaze of a large cat. Not massive, nothing like a jaguar but no small wild cat either. She stared at the creature for a moment before it took off and fled through the brush. Her brow wrinkled. "Excuse me Nevada, I need to tend to something. Perhaps we'll run into each other again." She dipped her head to the smaller woman before slipping through the brush after the cat.

"Talk" "You" Think