Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
12-04-2014, 04:34 PM
OOC: This is set after she visits Waterfall Peak.

Odette Adravendi

Her journey to the North the first time had been a success. She had found the first location she wouldn't mind getting for her pack's new home. The only thing she had to worry about now was finding another place and ensuring the safety of her members as well. Most of them would probably be upset that she wanted to come up here, but after living for so long in the warmest climates of Ala, she was ready for the colder climate. It had been in her family's blood before she was even born and now it ran through her veins. A part of her knew that Gargoyle would be proud.

When she approached the Mile-High Woods, she was once again in awe. Her paws had never crossed such places of the North, only because she had been afraid of dying from starvation if she went too far. Now, she was brave enough to walk through any parts of the North that didn't have 'private property' written all over them. Her head stretched high so her gaze could catch the bleak rays of sun that shined through the canopies. The sounds of birds accustomed to the wintery atmosphere made her ears perk and the large branches that were steps for the average wolf made her cold paws tingle. "I wonder how well I would be able to balance on those?" she asked herself, still enthralled by her surroundings to notice another presence nearby.

I speak

Athena I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
12-04-2014, 04:51 PM

As she moved through the twisted trees of the Mile-High woods she thought back to a time when this had been her favorite place. As a yearling she had dared to climb these trees, had reached for the sky, back before the pressures of once Glaciem, then Bevroren, and now Regium had been put on her shoulders and had weighed her down. Perhaps when her children were a bit older she could bring them out here, let them try their hand at climbing these old trees. She smiled as she thought about it, her split tone gaze peering up at the branches above her. She was so lost in thought that she hadn't noticed another fea near by till she heard her voice.

Athena blinked with surprise and looked ahead of her to see the black, gray, and tan woman standing there, looking up at the branches and questioning how good she might be at standing on them. Athena smirked and padded toward her. She had gotten some rest the last couple of days so she had a bit more of a spring to her step, her silver coat laying neatly along her body and her glimmering gold bracelets on each forearm catching the light. "It's not as hard as you might think," she called as she came to a halt a few feet away from the woman, giving her a slight smile. "I used to do it all the time when I was younger. The trick is to stay low and balance with your knees."

Speech
Thought

Aures

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
12-04-2014, 05:18 PM

When she heard the voice of another female, she broke her gaze from the trees to look down. Red and blue eyes focused on the gray-pelted woman, the soft tinkle of golden bracelets reaching her ears. She was definitely easy on the eyes, making Odette smile for her first response. Her tail idly waved behind her once as she said, "I may have to try that..." She padded towards the nearest tree, pulled her front half up to the trunk, and planted her front paws upon the lowest branch. Snow that had fallen upon the branch began to shudder and fall to the ground as she lifted herself until all four paws were perfectly balanced together.

She turned her whole body to look at Athena and a bright smile appeared on her face. "That wasn't so bad," she admitted, trying her best to not look at the ground. Her gaze looked up at the next branch and she bent all four legs to get ready to spring. After a few seconds, she pushed off with her hind legs and grabbed the thick branch with her front paws. At first, she struggled with holding on, but she finally got enough momentum to pull herself up again and successfully sat upon the thickest part. She gave a happy "Woohoo!" before deciding that she was high enough for the day.

In no time at all, she got herself down and landed on the ground with a dull thud. Snow flew everywhere, creating a powdery mess to rise and fall on either side of her. She let the wet snow land on her thick fur and laughed softly. "That wasn't so bad," she admitted. "I will have to try the higher branches later...Thanks for the advice," she hastily added, a smile still on her tan face. "I may have hit my head if I didn't know how to remain balanced. I bet you had tons of fun on these branches when you were younger."

"Talk"
"You" Think

Athena I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
12-10-2014, 04:18 PM

Athena sat back and watched with a chuckle as her new acquaintance proceed to try out her advice. The silver woman settled back onto her haunches and let her split-tone gaze follow the tri-colored girl as she moved up the tree, grinning when the girl cheered excitedly from one of the thicker branches. Then she hopped down, sending snow flying into the air. Athena took it all in good humor, chuckling and shaking off the bit of snow that had clung to her own fur. "Oh, you're quite welcome. I certainly did have plenty of fun back then... I took many tumbles, but I liked the challenge. It was exciting." She peered up at the branches of the trees for a moment with a smile, nostalgia overcoming her. It was amazing how it could feel like she had lived a whole lifetime in the span of two short years.

Bringing her eyes back down to find the girl's red and blue gaze and gave a little shake of her head and chuckled. "Sorry, I got lost in my thoughts. I'm Athena Armada. It's nice to meet someone new for once around here. Who might you be?" she asked, ginuenely curious. With so many of the wolves in the north being related to her in some way it was always fun to meet someone she had no idea who was. Her coloring was also very interesting to her since a large portion of the wolves she knew held the basic color palette of whites, grays, and slate-blues. This tan was something new to her.

Speech
Thought
Others

Aures

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
12-12-2014, 12:00 PM

Her tail curled up and over her back, a habit she had begun to pick up since her leadership position had been passed. The light in her eyes was evident, a fact that she didn't mind sharing with the rest of the world. As she watched Athena reminisce about her past escapades in the forest, she wondered if this encounter would be a nice memory to explore again as well. The only thing she could tell in this moment was that this female was not your ordinary wolf.

The introduction came sooner than Odette had expected. An Armada, hmm? The fact that her family had a terrible, bloody history with the Armadas was something that popped into her mind, but Odette simply waved it away. Past was past, at least, that's what she had been raised to consider. Odette gave a polite nod to Athena as she replied in a warm voice. "I am Odette Adravendi." Her name rolled off of her tongue and into the brisk air. "I actually came up here to explore the North, except the claimed pack lands, of course." Her eyes twinkled more as she spoke of her father's previous home. "It's nice to meet you, too, Athena. I haven't come across another wolf in a few days, so this is indeed a promising meeting." If only her social skills were better honed.

"Speech"

Athena I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
12-19-2014, 12:16 PM

Athena's ears flicked with recognition when her new acquaintance introduced herself. Adravendi, hm? She knew all too well about the history between their families, but Athena had long since written it off as a piece of their history. There were far more pressing matters for her to worry about than an old grudge that her strong-headed father had started. She smiled as she replied, "Well, I'm certainly happy to see a new face around here. I hardly see anyone this far north that isn't family." She chuckled and went on, "I've lived in the north nearly my entire life so if you need any pointers feel free to ask!" She glanced around at the trees around them once more, her eyes finding Odette's again as she spoke. "This used to be part of my pack's lands, but when I gave the pack to my sister she decided to move it to the Red Forest instead. I miss this place sometimes, it was one of my favorites."

ooc: short poopy post sorry :c

Speech
Thought

Aures

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
12-21-2014, 11:07 PM

Odette couldn't help but smile at the silver female. She was open and warm, traits that were hard to find these days. When she mentioned that she hadn't seen any other wolves that didn't belong to her family, Odette only laughed. "I agree with that," she replied. "There are so many family members out there, I just don't know how I'm going to keep track of them." Her tri-colored tail lazily waved behind her as she talked.

She broke her gaze from Athena and began to look at the trees surrounding them. "I can understand why this would be one of your favorite places. There is plenty to do around here, plus, the temperatures here are delightful." Odette gave a knowing grin. "My parents both lived in the North before I was born, so I have been waiting for the right time to come up here and see what the fuss was about." Red and blue eyes continued to sparkle as she finally met the woman's gaze. "I hope that I can make this a place to call home, like you have done in the past." Did she dare reveal the plans she made for her pack known as Glaciem?

Speech