ardent

Brother, where have you been

Sibelle

gems
size
build
player
08-13-2014, 04:01 PM

Paws would carry her out of Solstice without notice. She would venture away from her home, in search of a tiny adventure. So much had happened in such a short amount of time. Covari had fallen, but Cru had picked up the pieces, giving her not only a home, but a slice of leadership within his pack. She sat on a throne of a pack with no enemies nor a tarnished name. But beneath all the joy of leadership and standing beside Cru, she was a single Armada. Taurig had gone. Maija wandered as a rogue, along with her children. And Falk had disappeared again. A sigh rolled off her tongue as she reminisced having a family. All it took was a swim to the island and she was reunited with them at one time. But now it was gone. There was no family waiting for her on the island.

Only when the ground changed beneath her paws did she notice where she was at. The russet Queen stood on a blackened beach, alone, accompanied only by the sounds of the ocean crashing on the shore. The sun beat down on her back, warming the air around her, so much so that she would venture forth to allow the water to wash over her toes. Scarred lips pulled into a faint smile as she peered down at her reflection. Her face was no longer free of scars but none had marred her beauty. It was the unseen scars that had changed her, altered her in such a way that each day she grew wiser and wiser.

While she no longer sat as a sole Queen on a throne, ready to build an empire of force and prestige, she was more than content to rule beside Cru and protect those who vowed to keep their pack alive and well. So much swelled in her mind that she failed to take notice that she was no longer alone on the beach.

Speech,

Falk

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Athena I
08-13-2014, 06:55 PM

Days seemed to pass by in a blur. Surreal and her whole family had seemingly disappeared with the take over of Valhalla. His first encounter with his father had gone less than swimmingly and although Roman had been kind to him he couldn't bring himself to live anywhere near Isardis and his pack. He had gone to the island where he had last seen his brother and sister, but there wasn't a trace of any of them to be found. That left him utterly alone and wandering the lands of Alacritis aimlessly. He had kept up a fruitless search for his mate or sister, but so far he had little luck in finding either. He thought at one point that he had caught a trace of Sibelle's scent in the south, which was why he had continued to linger in this area of Alacritis, but that had been his only sign of her. It was depressing really, the thought that he was completely alone. At one point he had been surrounded by loved ones, and then practically over night he was alone.

Suddenly a scent caught his attention like a stroke of lightning, making his gaze dart up from the ground in front of his paws. He had been wandering slowly through the south, his head hanging low and gaze fixed in front of him. But the moment his sister's scent reached him he looked up hopefully, his blue gaze searching desperately for her. Then there she was, standing with her back to him, paw deep in the lapping ocean. For a moment all he could do was stand there and stare, unable to believe that she was actually there, that he had actually found her. He padded closer, noticing her missing ear and immediately becoming curious as to what had happened. He stopped just behind her, a smile slowly spreading across his muzzle. "Well hello there, stranger" he teased as his deep tones rumbled in his chest, the corners of his mouth turning up in a smirk.

Speech
Thought
Others

Sibelle

gems
size
build
player
08-13-2014, 08:56 PM

His voice would breach her ears before his scent did. Her head would snap up in surprise, a grin pulling at scarred lips as she whirled around on back legs. Her tail would wag furiously as she bound up the sandy shore in a few strides to bring herself to her brothers side. She would attempt to collide with him, her chest against his so that her neck could stretch and wraps round his in an embrace. "Falk! Where have you been? I've missed you!" Happiness swelled in her chest as she leaned in her brother. There was no denying how happy she was to see that he was alive and well and still within the lands of Alacritis. Did he know about Taurig? About Maija and the kids? He had been gone for long, she had no idea what he knew and what he didn't, though she would be more than happy to fill him in. Stepping back, she would peer up at him with a huge grin on her face, tail still wagging. "I have so much to tell you!" She would quiver with excitement, so much had happened. Perhaps he would join Solstice with her and they could once again live side by side. Would he be interested? Or did he have plans of his own. "Come on." She would bound up the sandy shore, gently requesting him to follow as she selected a shady spot to sit and talk.

Speech,

Falk

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Athena I
08-16-2014, 10:46 AM

A low, rumbling laugh shook him gently as he watched his sister suddenly turn toward him and excitedly bound up the beach toward him. It was good to see that even with their prolonged separation she was still just as excited to see him as he was her. He happily let her chest run into hers and his neck bent down to return her embrace. The moment he hugged her and felt that she was real, that she was truly there, it felt like his life was suddenly back in some sort of order. His life truly revolved around his loved ones. "I've missed you too, Sibelle. So very, very much."

She pulled back, telling him she had much to tell him. Curiosity welled up in him, wondering how much he could have missed. How much did Sibelle know about what had happened to him the last few months? It seemed like they had plenty of catching up to do When she began to move up the beach toward a shady spot for them to sit and talk he happily followed after her. He settled on his stomach beside her, really smiling for the first time in so long. "What have you been up to, sister? What happened to your ear?" he glanced up to her missing ear, curiosity mixed with worry in his gaze.

Speech
Thought
Others

Sibelle

gems
size
build
player
08-24-2014, 09:17 PM

His hug was comforting, cementing the fact that he was indeed here and to just a figment of her imagination. It was so good to see him again. He would follow her up the beach, reclining onto his belly beside her. Getting comfortable, she would grin at him, chuckling when he asked about her ear. "There was an earthquake, and the ground opened up beneath me. I fell into this hole, and I rock hit me, ripped my ear right off." She would shrug, no longer affected by the fact that she was missing an ear. She could still hear out of it, just didn't have the same looks as before. "But I've been busy. I had a pack passed onto me, Arcanum. But then some white bitch decided she to rip from my grasp. But now I rule with a man name Crucifix, we rule a pack named Solstice." She left out the tidbit about the pain he had caused her, her brother was just that, her brother, and would certainly go after any man that would harm her.

She would slowly reclined onto her belly beside her brother, peering over at him. "What have you been up to?" Did he know about Taurig? About Maija and the kids? It seemed like forever since she had seen him, she wondered how much he had missed out on. Suddenly she remembered the girl she had told him about so long ago. "What happened to that girl you told me about?" She would nudge him with a shoulder, laughing softly to herself.

Speech,

Falk

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Athena I
09-01-2014, 09:43 PM

Falk listened attentively as his sister began to explain the big events that had happened recently. He remembered the earthquake vaguely, that was back when his memory was still a bit rocky. Everything was straightened out in his mind now, but it wasn't that long ago that he didn't even remember his name. His eyes widened and he blinked with surprise when she mentioned having been the head of a pack and now co-ruling a different one. He hadn't expected his sister to have a pack of her own, but he could completely believe it at the same time. As much as he'd like to keep his sister from everything and protect her, he knew she was more than capable of doing anything she set her mind to. "My sister, an alpha, huh? You really moved up in the world while I was gone," he said with a chuckle, quietly proud of her for making something of herself.

She turned the conversation back toward him and when she asked about Surreal the smile slipped from his muzzle and he sighed. "She disappeared," he mumbled, turning his gaze down toward his paws. "Valhalla was her mother's pack and after the challenge she completely disappeared. I was supposed to go to the challenge myself, but I realized almost everyone in the pack had gone so I stayed behind with a few others to guard the pack lands, just in case. So when everyone scattered I had no way to find her. I'm sure she took her mother away to help take care of her, but I just wish she had waited for me... Not a day goes by that I don't wish I had gone to the challenge to support her and Erani. I've been searching for her ever since." He turned over one of his forepaws, glancing at the calluses that had formed there, wondering how many hundreds of miles he had walked in his search. Sighing, he looked back up to meet Sibelle's gaze, smiling softly. "But I've found you. That is something to be happy about."

Speech
Thought
Others

Sibelle

gems
size
build
player
09-04-2014, 10:00 PM

She would chuckle at his comment, rolling her eyes at him. He would jump into his story, his gaze dropping and all traces of humor leaving his face. A frown would tug at her features, concern sweeping over her. Valhalla. Dread tighten her stomach in an uncomfortable fashion. Vi had taken Valhalla from the white woman. She had no idea that her brothers love was part of the pack. She would stay silent. But this Surreal was Erani's daughter. Her face swept into a mask of completely composure, show practically no emotion. This was not going to end well. Her gaze would leave his face, unable to watch the sadness that lingered in his eyes. "I'm sorry." Words left her maw in a murmur, his change of tone the only thing bringing her back to the present. She would remember it clear as day. Vi clashing with the white woman, blood being spilled. And then the call of her own challenge.

"Yes it is." She would smile, though it didnt reach her eyes. She would nudge him with her shoulder, an idea popping into her head. "You should come home with me!" Her features would light up like a kid on christmas. "Join Solstice!" Her tone was pleading, she dreaded losing him again, he was the only family she had left. Brief sadness would flash in her eyes as she thought of Taurig. He was gone. Eulari was gone. Falk was all she had left.

Speech,

Falk

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Athena I
09-04-2014, 10:25 PM

The discomfort and sadness in her gaze combined with her overly-composed expression made him curious, wondering if there was more in that look than she was saying. It wasn't exactly the reaction he was expecting from him telling her that his mate was no where to be found. But, possibly luckily for her, he was quickly distracted by her sudden excitement as she exclaimed her request. He blinked in surprise as he took in the question. Join Solstice? Falk mulled the suggestion over uncertainly. It was an obvious place for him to be, by Sibelle's side. She was the only family he had left, the only wolf in the world that he had left in his life that he cared for. But still... It was so hard for him to accept the fact that Surreal really might be gone. "Sibelle, I want to, I do... but I can't. I have to look for her one more time. One more trip around Ala and if I still can't find her... well, then I'll come live with you, okay? And if I do find her then I'll bring her to Solstice to meet you!" He smiled at the thought, happy with either solution. Either way he could finally begin putting the pieces of his life into some sort of order.

Speech
Thought
Others

Sibelle

gems
size
build
player
09-04-2014, 10:34 PM

The moment her name rolled off his tongue, her ears would flip back against her skull. She would attempt to mask the hurt with a false smile, though she didn't know if she was quick enough to hide it from him. She would force herself to listen to the rest of his speech, plastering a happy look on her face.
"Sounds like a plan." Another attempt to sound happy. She didn't know what she would do if she lost him again. Nor did she have any idea what she would do if she ever met this woman. She had played a role in destroying her home. An almost inaudible sigh would roll off her tongue as she fell silent. What was there to say? She suddenly found herself at a loss for words.

"Maija and the kids have come to the mainland." She try to change the subject, though her words had lost some of their exuberance. Though the subject of her change in topic was not a happy one. Did he know that Taurig was gone? Did she really want to ruin his happiness? Her gaze would have long left his in favor of the ocean, ears relaxing only fractionally. Part of her wanted to curl away from him, but it was wrong to blame him. She couldn't keep him from the woman he loved. That would be selfish. But at the same time, she feared letting him go.

Speech,

Falk

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Athena I
09-04-2014, 10:54 PM

His brows pulled together with confusion as he looked at his sister who seemed to be refusing to look at him any more. His ears flicked back uncomfortably, wondering if she felt betrayed in some way by his wanting to search for his mate. But why? He couldn't figure it out. He thought it was his duty as Surreal's mate to find her and make sure she was alright. Couldn't Sibelle understand that?

She suddenly changed the subject, distracting him a bit. Maijia. He nodded, letting his gaze drift back over the ocean. "That's good. There was a moment of hesitation and he finally added, "Taurig is gone isn't he?" He had gone to the island several times in the months since the accident that had caused him to lose his memory in hopes that his brother would turn up. He had noticed his and his part of the family's absence, but he wasn't sure if all of them had vanished or just their brother. It was good to hear that at least Maijia and her kids were well.

Speech
Thought
Others

Sibelle

gems
size
build
player
09-04-2014, 11:09 PM

Much to her relief, and yet disappointment, her brother would not comment, allowing the subject to change with ease. His question was hesitant but he seemed to already know about their older brother. "Yes, he's been gone awhile now. He left before, but he came back. But this time, he didn't." Sadness softened her tones as her gaze drifted from the ocean to her paws. She was thankful for the relationship that she with Maija and the kids, though mostly Pandora. Without them, she would know what she would have done. A sigh would again leave her jaws, though this one more audible. Her brows would furrow briefly before smoothing out once more. She was awful at lying to her brother. Part of her felt bad for doing it, but she wasn't sure words would describe what she had done, and how she felt. She would allow silence to settle between them as her thoughts wandered. She couldn't shake the nervousness that sat in her belly. She had helped aid in the displacement of his mate. It was partially her fault. She had spurred Vi on in her plans to conquer the world. She had gotten a taste for power and loved it, there was no going back now. But she knew it was only a matter of time before the truth came out. Would he hate her for it?

Speech,

Falk

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Athena I
09-06-2014, 11:41 PM

He nodded silently and sighed with a heavy sadness. Their family was dwindling down to nothing. Now it was just him and Sibelle. In a way though, he was happy that she was the one still here. If he had to pick one of his siblings Sibelle was the one he would choose. They had always been close and he felt like all of this had only made them closer. Usually it was easy to read her, but right now... He had no clue what was running though her head. He turned his blue gaze back toward her as the silence fell between him, taking in her pensive expression. There had to be more going on than Taurig's disappearance. "Sibelle, what is going on?" His eyes watched her carefully, suddenly very concerned. What wasn't she telling him? Whatever it was it was apparently bad enough that she felt the need to keep it from him. He couldn't remember anything that they had ever kept from each other. What could possibly change that now?

Speech
Thought
Others

Sibelle

gems
size
build
player
09-09-2014, 11:04 PM

She should have known better. There was no keeping things from her brother, and sooner or later things would come out. And her brother was choosing sooner. Her blood ran cold with dread. She would not meet his gaze as she pondered his question. How did she even begin. "The Valhalla challenge. I was there." She would pause, envisioning the day in an entirely new light. "Vi, she was, is, my friend. I stood by her when she ripped the crown from the whites woman grasp." Her words were barely audible. What would he think of her? Would he care? Of course he would, he had lost his mate as a result. Would he blame her? Would is drive a wedge between them? "I was helping her in her plans to control as much as possible." She studied her paws carefully, words a harsh whisper. Ears had fallen and remained pinned to her skull. A frown tugging at her lips. She would fidget uncomfortably. Falling silent she would wait for the backlash. While Vi had not mentioned her challenge for Valhalla, but the russet dame stood beside her every step of the way. That day she had arrived to show her support, to watch the white bitch fall.

Speech,

Falk

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Athena I
09-10-2014, 01:24 PM

Finally, Sibelle would shed some light on what was weighing on her and make her act so strangely, but her words hit him like a ton of bricks. His eyes were glued to her face as she spoke, his brows pulling together with a mix of confusion, anger, and disappointment. He wanted to be angry, wanted to have someone to blame for Surreal's disappearance, for taking away their home... but he couldn't. He could blame this Vi she spoke of, but not her.

She fell silent and for several moments heavy, painful silence stretched out between them. When he finally spoke it was in a harsh, sorrowful whisper. "Erani." He spoke the single word, his eyes boring into his sister whether she looked at him or not. "Her name is Erani. Not 'the white woman.' Her name is Erani and she gave me a home, never mentioned that I was a son of the man who had first ripped her pack apart, had considered little more than that I loved her daughter and that we made each other happy." He gave a heavy sigh and finally tore his gaze away from her, looking down at his paws instead. "You didn't know. I can't blame you. I can loathe this Vi, as you call her, till her dying breath, but I can't blame you. But at least recognize what Erani has done for me, realize that Vi not only took Erani's crown but took my home, and have enough respect to call Erani by her name."

Speech
Thought
Others

Sibelle

gems
size
build
player
09-10-2014, 02:30 PM

The silence was suffocating. But when her brother did finally speak, a name rolled off his tongue. She would peer up at him cautiously, confusion etched into her features? Who was Erani? He would shed some slight, seeming to take offense to her words, though it wasn't her fault that she didn't know the woman's name. It was wrong, but anger flared in her chest. Her brothers gaze as dropped to his paws, so the fire that ignited in her gaze would go unnoticed. She would rise, heaving her bodice up and away from him. She had done a lot of things in their time apart. She tore down kingdoms, battled for her life, created a home for herself, but not one had she purposefully disrespected this woman. Anger set her skin of fire and coursed through her veins with unforgiving force. It came as no surprise that he hated Vi, many did, so his words would bounce off her with little effect. But his blatant remark of claiming she was disrespectful...."What about your family?" She would hiss, turning away from him. He was so concerned about protecting Erani that he had failed to notice Taurigs absence, her rise to power or anything. She would move away from him, leaving the blackened beach behind her. "Oh, I didn't know her name." It was the last thing she said as she would slip away into the shadows, leaving her brother on the beach so she could return him.

-exit-

Speech,