gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player

The Ooze ParticipantFamous
07-30-2016, 10:16 PM
With her nose Sabine rolled a can across the deck of the ship. Unlike the other cans she'd broken so she could eat the contents, this one refused to pop. She'd done everything she could think of. She knocked it off its shelf, dropped it down not one, but two flights of stairs, and even gone so far as to bash at it with a heavy rock. The can was dented and pocked with teeth marks, but like the bitch that tried to break it, the can was too stubborn for its own good.

The deck of the ship was slanted with the bow pointed towards the treetops and the stern pointed towards the ground. There was quite a bit of slant and it made rolling the can difficult, but it was one of those cans that was too big around for her to carry so she didn't really have any other options. Sabine was beginning to get a crick in her neck from pushing, but she was stubborn and now, even though she was dealing with an inanimate object, it was personal. She was going to bust the damn thing open if it was the last thing she did!

Finally she reached the highest point the ship had to offer. To keep the can from rolling away Sabine placed a forepaw on it before straightening to her full height. She rolled her neck to work the kinks out before turning her attention back to the can. Her voice a little too smug for the situation, she said, "Alright my friend, it's time to spill the goods." With that she flung the can off the bow of the ship. There was a moment of silence following the flight of the can and then from way down below her there came a heavy, satisfying thud. "Yes," she thought to herself. Surely that sound meant success! With a smug smile on her lips, Sabine turned and raced down the ship in search of the way down.

TALK SHIT
[Image: bK4cZNp.png]
GET HIT

Peregrine

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

Famous
07-30-2016, 10:38 PM
Peregrine had seen the ship from far off in the distance. It was one of those rare occasions where she was able to keep her focus on one thing long enough to carve a hard line towards it. She only got distracted like, four times. Tsiry was showering her in sarcastic congratulatory remarks and did not notice at first when Peregrine stopped and lifted her snout into the wind. The vessel stood before them, far enough north to still be trapped in ice. Apart from the smell of bitter cold and rusting metal, she caught the faint scents of something edible, yet not exactly... fresh. She had never come across it's likeness before. Intrigued she pressed onward, taking a long moment to figure out how exactly she might clamber aboard. Once on deck she paused, trying to get her bearings and trying to figure out where on earth that scent was coming from! A free meal was a free meal, after all. It is luck and luck alone that stayed her paws, for had she taken one step further death would have been a likely outcome. Instead, she heard the woosh of something moving quickly through the air but had only a heartbeat to wonder What the hell is- CLANG!!

The ringing sound of metal crashing against metal scared at least three years of life right out of her. Scant inches from her nose some... some thing had fallen from the sky only to be dashed to pieces against the deck below. What Peregrine could not identify as a can burst under pressure and it's contents exploded outwards. Something foul smelling and sticky coated her fur, globs of goop sticking to her face, limbs, and chest. It smelled like a horrible mockery of some sort of legume, but it was no honest earthly edible that she'd ever encountered before. Pere backpedaled and snarled in surprised at the unexpected attack. "What in god's green fuck was that?" she cursed, still unsuspecting of anyone or anything other than the the cruelty of the gods. Tsiry had sprang away from her in the instant of the assault and cowered farther back onto the deck. She took one look at whatever covered Peregrine's fur and dropped to the deck, consumed by her laughter.

Sabine

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player

07-30-2016, 11:04 PM
A voice from below halted Sabine in her tracks. She backpedaled a few steps and then spun around to march back to the rail. Had she managed to hit someone below? Oh, please, let it be so! Would that not be the funniest thing ever? What had the voice said? Nah, she hadn't hit them. That can was heavy and if she'd hit someone there would have been more swearing involved.

Hardly more than a few beats passed before she made it to the rail, but by then she'd given up the hope that she'd hit someone. That was alright, she decided. The idea that she'd only scared the bejesus out of someone was still pretty funny. And the voice didn't belong to Ehrgeiz, which was definitely a plus. She needed to branch out and make some more enemies...or friends...or whatever it was that people called entertaining folk these days. Dropping heavy things on strangers seemed like as good a ploy as any.

Sabine crouched down beside the rail and then leaned over the side so she could hang her head over. She breathed in deeply and then grimaced as the odd smell hit her nose. The cans were always hit and miss, and this one already smelled like a miss. Unless, by chance, it was the speaker who stunk. "My lunch, I hope." The question hadn't been directed at her, but eh, she had the answer.

TALK SHIT
GET HIT

Peregrine

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

Famous
07-30-2016, 11:15 PM
In what she would later refer to as 'the heat of the moment,' somehow Peregrine had yet to consider that another wolf might be involved. When another woman's voice rang out through the frigid spring air Pere's head whipped up to find it's source. A large woman, fur indistinct at distance but looking mostly grey, looked down at her from over a ledge. Waaaait a minute... The lightbulb lit, and Peregrine had a hard time figuring out if she was angry or impressed at her tactic of finding a meal. She settled for sass in the meantime. "What, are you going to lick it off my fur? I'd ask you to at least buy me dinner first, but if this is your idea of a meal I think I'll pass!" It was true enough though, because her fur reeked. Gods, and her options would probably boil down to bathing in whatever frigid water was still running this far north or putting up with it until it dried and flaked off. No thank you either way! She kept her eyes on the stranger, waiting to see what she made of her short speech. First impressions were everything, after all, and if she were to get mad at Peregrine for accidentally making off with some of her meal, well, at least Pere would have a head start.

Sabine

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player

07-30-2016, 11:32 PM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2016, 11:35 PM by Sabine.)
"What, are you going to lick it off my fur?" Oooo, sass. She liked sass. Been awhile since she was faced with good sass. Ehrgeiz was sassy, but it was a clumsy, brutish sass and she could run circles around him with wit any day. Verbal sparring with him got old fast; it was much more fun to bait him and listen to his gears grind.

She made a disappointed noise in the back of her throat. "I was really hoping that stink was you." It was a pretty disappointing smell. Granted, the stuff that usually came out of the cans wasn't that great to begin with, but this smelled particularly odd. It was a bland, plant-y smell. Was it the weirdest thing she'd ever found in a can? Nah, she'd once found a jar (glass, not metal) with sour juice and bumpy, turd-shaped things inside. She'd been tempted to make Ehrgeiz eat them, but that seemed too cruel even for her.

"I have another," she retorted saucily, "and if you'll stand still I'll see if I can hit you with a better meal." It was kind of a lie and kind of not. She had a slew of cans and jars hoarded away and if the stranger was willing to wait, she would gladly drag one up.

TALK SHIT
GET HIT

Peregrine

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

Famous
07-30-2016, 11:42 PM
It would seem the other woman was just as ready to cross swords as Peregrine was... at least verbally, for now. Peregrine still would not allow herself to relax because, let's face it, even if Peregrine liked the vibe the woman threw off it didn't exactly scream 'kind and stable.' The grey woman professed her hope that the strong stench was coming from Peregrine herself, and in doing so forced out another laugh out. "Not today it's not." After all, she'd smelled worse in the past, even if she preferred not to think about it. Next, the woman offered to lob another can at her. "Well someone's feeling generous!" she called out while taking three exaggerated steps backwards. "Sadly, I think I'll have to decline. Don't take it personally or anything, I just don't trust your judgement!" Who would want to eat slop like this anyways? Okay, so maybe she was pushing it with the sociopath, but who cares! Just another exciting afternoon, right? She was still counting on her head start to save her ass if things turned sour, and thanked her own overconfidence for ensuring her that she was totally safe.

Sabine

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player

07-30-2016, 11:59 PM (This post was last modified: 07-31-2016, 12:00 AM by Sabine.)
Of course Sabine couldn't see the woman, but she could hear her nails clicking on the metal floor as she moved back. What, did the idea of getting bonked on the head with a heavy metal can make her nervous? Chicken. Really though, she had ever reason to be wary. If another can had been at Sabine's side she probably would have dropped it over the edge too just for funsies.

As the woman's words reached her ears Sabine had to fight to keep a straight face. She managed, but only barely. Instead she took the itch to crack a smile and skillfully molded it into a pout. "That's too bad," she said in a voice laced with mock disappointment. "I'm sure with practice my aim would get better. As for my judgement...well..." The giantess simply shrugged and for the first time since she'd hung her head over the side, she smiled down at the woman. Or, well, in the general direction of the woman.

TALK SHIT
GET HIT

Peregrine

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

Famous
08-06-2016, 04:39 PM

Pere saw her poke her head over the railing and grinned up at her. The woman tossed down a sly remark of her own and honestly, Peregrine could have fallen in love then and there. You know, friend-love though, unless this woman was about to hop on board with her ever-growing harem. She snorted at her own choice of words because while 'harem' might have been a stretch it certainly was ill-defined. And anyways, first impression told her that this stranger wasn't really that type. She let out a peal of gentle laughter at her idea of improving her aim. "Well I'd be happy to help you practice on something a little less involved with my nerve endings." She gave a suggestive glance to Tsiry who glared in return. She turned away and huffed, "You wish, meatbreath," which forced Pere to laugh again.

Returning her gaze to the strange she cleared her throat before beginning her overdue introductions. "Not that you asked or anything, but if you were wondering the cranky one there is called Tsiry, I'm Peregrine. We answer to just about anything though." She gave Tsiry a sardonic smile and purred out, "'Meatbreath,' for example." Of course, it was not the worst thing the lemur had ever though up for her and it wasn't like Pere minded anyways. The thoughts and opinions of others, even those she considered a friend, were rarely enough to ruffle her. Peregrine wasn't sure if she was bothering the grey femme or not, and contemplated making an exit of her own before her big mouth said something to get her in trouble, but at the moment she was simply having too much fun to pass up a rare chance at half-decent banter to go through with it.

"Talk" "You" Think
"Tsiry"

Sabine

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player

08-13-2016, 11:26 PM
The second voice below gave Sabine pause. She hadn't realized someone else was down there. Honestly she was little miffed with herself that she'd missed them. How dare they lure and escape her notice. Meatbreath? Her nose twitched as she searched for the scent of the other speaker. The voice...the smell...it wasn't a wolf, was it? Well then, she wasn't at fault! She couldn't be expected to take notice of every little critter that crossed her path. How was she supposed to know which ones were just critters and which ones were conversationalists?

"Name's Sabine," she rumbled. "'Your Majesty'  is also acceptable," she sniffed with feigned superiority, her expression haughty. Quickly she dropped the act and the amused smirk returned to her lips. "Tell me, Meatbreath and Tsiry, what brings you to these parts? There's not much up here." Sabine's view of the world was somewhat limited. The giantess looked at it in simple, need-based terms. What beauty the surrounding lands may have had was almost completely lost on her. With needs in mind the north wasn't the nicest of places to be.

TALK SHIT
GET HIT

Peregrine

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

Famous
08-21-2016, 07:15 PM

Peregrine snickered and dropped into a low bow, drawling out a dramatic, "Your majesty," of her own in greeting. It was only customary, right? She rose with a laugh which only grew as Sabine continued with a question, or rather, how she'd chosen to phrase it. "We're just here to take it all in. The north and west are mostly foreign to us, but we like to venture when we find the chance." She shrugged, but her voice told the story as well. She was light and aloof, as if her mind was elsewhere. "How did you end up here? Don't tell me you came just for the slop?" The slop she was still trying mostly to ignore. Yeah, she should probably do something about that.

She trotted over to the edge of the metal deck to a drift of snow that had been blown up against metal wall of sorts. It was hard and crunchy with ice, so she made the brave, brave decision to plunge down atop of it. It was cold, bitterly so. What started refreshing soon began to melt, so she stood up and shook. Her work was somewhat effective, but she had not gotten the last of it. Well. At least this was better. She looked back to see what the woman had made of her, expecting some sort of ridicule at least.

"Talk" "You" Think
"Tsiry"