gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

Famous
08-13-2016, 03:43 PM
Peregrine was having a grand ole time clambering about in the branches, but not nearly as much fun as Tsiry. Despite the somewhat cool temperatures, the lemur seemed perfectly at home there in the canopy... well, of sorts. Trees clashed against one another, laying about and weaving so that even creatures such as herself could climb up towards the sky. She had spent much of the morning attempting to get as high up as she could, but a close call on a patch of slippery moss had sobered her up and she'd retreated down to the lower branches. Earlier she'd even managed to scavenge a half eaten kill, a young deer likely claimed by a mountain lion by the looks of it, but was spending just as much time looking out for the cat as she was enjoying the meal. Tsiry was helping with that as well. She alerted to the approach of something, but it had none of the alarm Peregrine would have expected at the sight of a cougar. She lifted her head and peered around, hoping to find either the lemur or whatever it was that was heading their way.

Áki

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
08-13-2016, 04:33 PM
Áki wasn't exactly the tree-climbing type. He'd considered it before, but he was as tied to the ground as any wolf could be. He was not a swimmer, he was not a climber; he simply was not built for it. The large-built man traveled lazily through the pines, making no real effort to hide the sound of his pawsteps crunching through the underbrush. Quietly he hummed an aimless tune under his breath as he walked.

His attention only wavered when he heard the sound of creaking branches from up above. Perhaps it was a bird, or some other small rodent? It sounded louder though, and his brows pulled together as he walked and tilted his tusked head upwards to the sky. His red gaze searched the treetops, nose crinkling as the sound grew louder with each step. It didn't sound like a bird, but something much larger. He braced himself, fearing it might be a more vicious animal - but after a long moment he spotted something alarmingly wolf-like in the foliage. Uhhh. "Hello?" he'd call out, in his heavy accent, making no bother to hide it. "Climbing trees seems quite unsafe to me," he'd call out in greeting, his voice tinged with both amusement and uncertainty alike.

Peregrine

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

Famous
08-13-2016, 04:56 PM
It was not long before the shape of a wolf could be seen ambling through the forest, and Pere's ears perked upwards in interest at the newest arrival. Anything less than a mountain lion was fine by her, of course! Then again... she squinted. What exactly was coming out of it's mouth? He lifted his head, obviously having seen her as well, and called out. She couldn't help but smile back, amused at his somewhat obvious observation. "Oh, you're definitely right about that. I used to climb higher, but I don't like to cheat death more than once in a day if I can help it." She spared a quick look to the ground. "I think the most I'd get here is broken bones, but at that point death almost seems more merciful." She'd broken most of the toes on one paw once, and that was plenty bad enough! She didn't want to think about breaking an entire limb, or worse. Tsiry clambered down from higher up to sit next to her on her own girthy branch. "Besides," she tilted her head in the lemur's direction. "I've got a good teacher. Say, you haven't seen any mountain lions around, have you?" She through an overly-cautious glance over her shoulder, despite the fact that this brute looked plenty big enough to fend one off it the kill's owner returned now. Maybe she'd stick close to him for a while.

Áki

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
08-13-2016, 06:49 PM
Perhaps some might like doing such strange things - like climbing the treetops like squirrels might, for example - but he was a wolf. Not a bird, or a squirrel, or a lemur. His lips pursed as he looked up and a wolf's voice did, in fact, echo from the treetops. Perhaps he shouldn't be quite so quick to judge, but it seemed strange to him. Yes, to Aki, the tusked wolf. His stiff expression lightened, an amused laugh falling from his throat at her words.  "I don't blame you for that," he'd call out lightly.  

Her question about a mountain lion brought the fur on his back to stand on end for a moment. "Mountain lion?" he'd half-exclaim, swinging his large head to the side and taking a deep breath in, as though searching for the scent. "Can't say I've caught any whiff of one. Think there's room for one more up there if one shows up?" His voice was full of mirth - there was no way in hell those branches could hold them, even if they tried. Still, his gaze held a fair bit of curiosity. "Why, did you catch sight of one?"

Peregrine

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

Famous
08-20-2016, 02:41 PM

The man seemed much more interested in the prospect of a lurking lion than the potential danger gravity was imposing upon her in the particular moment, not that she blamed him. She shrugged, trying to belittle the true concern she felt in her gut. "I may have scrounged a bit from one of their kills earlier this morning. It was strung up on the trees farther up. It wasn't all that old, either." She paused, trying to decide whether or not to say more but the end just shrugged for a second time. She needed to take meals wherever she could, and as far as she knew it wasn't in a lion's nature to actively seek revenge. That was just ridiculous. (Right?) Either way, you could hardly blame her for keeping an eye out.

She cleared her throat, eager to relieve herself of such distractingly unpleasant thoughts. "Anyways, we should be fine. Any lion to go after two wolves would be balls crazy anyways, so I guess you're stuck with me for now!" She cast him a cheeky grin before standing with a flourish and practically prancing down the bough she'd perched upon. She came to stand with a few paces of the grey titan and said, "Name's Peregrine, what's yours?" Short and to the point suited her better than round-about play in that moment. And really, what were those teeth of his? He looked like some kind of boar, though even she knew better than to ask that quite so soon into the conversation. Second date maybe, she thought to herself with a chuckle.

"Talk" "You" Think
"Tsiry"

Áki

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
08-22-2016, 08:30 AM
A trait that Aki was fully aware that, that others often did not spot quickly, was his selfishness - if a mountain lion did suddenly appear, he would be overwhelmed with the need to protect himself and not the stranger in the branches. Likewise, if she was foolish enough to climb up there, she deserved any injury she might obtain from her descent.

Taking a brief survey of his surroundings, and finally assured that this feline was not an imminent risk, he tilted his tusked head to the sky once again.  "I thought you were a bird, when I first heard the leaves rustling above me," he mused with another boisterous laugh.  "Now I am certain of it. Scavenging meals from among the treetops. Either a bird or a monkey!" It was ridiculous, but amusingly so, and he shook his had incredulously at the thought.

She proved to be very much wolf, as she loped with ease down the tree branch and came to a standstill before him. His gaze roved over her, nothing her youthfulness and the slender stature; he must look like a grizzled old beast to her. "Peregrine," he tested her name on his tongue, brows pulling together tight. "Sounds like a bird's name to me! Mine's Aki." He offered a low bow, lowering his tusked skull until it nearly hit the ground before raising it again with a wide grin.