Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Heavy
player
08-22-2016, 06:54 PM

Phim had nothing. The reality constantly dominated her thoughts, despite her efforts to push it out of her mind. She had been fairly distracted lately, able to ignore the truth to some degree. She'd explored the south, made new friends and acquaintances, and gotten familiar with Boreas again. But the truth was catching up to her.

It wasn't as though Phim was helpless on her own - she'd made several weeks alone after all - but she wasn't skilled either. All she could catch alone was small prey, she was lonely, she was hungry and thinning, and she was frightened. She knew better than most the kinds of predatory wolves that lurked in Boreas waiting to take out their own kind to fulfill some sick, twisted desires. She could hold her own, but she'd never been properly trained. If someone, or something, decided to harm Phim, she could do little to stop it.

What she needed was a new home to call her own. Not a family so much as safe haven and some friends. No one could replace Dai, but maybe they could help her survive until he came along. And maybe she could start cultivating a home for him to come back to. It was stroke of luck when she heard the call out of the Rio Grande, but she'd been far from it at the time. She'd made her way there slowly, debating the whole way, and arriving a day past the summons at the beginning of sunset. She set the trinket she'd carried on the ground, the small golden disc (an old war medal) from the plateau, and released her call, sitting back on her haunches to wait.
""

Phim's brother, Daitaro, is allowed to crash literally all of her threads.

[Image: xc4TMGm.png]

Peregrine

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

Famous
08-23-2016, 11:17 AM

Peregrine appreciated that sunset above most others. The day had been punishingly hot, and she'd spent the majority of it wading around in the river trying to catch fish and keep cool. Now that the sun was releasing it's grip of the day she left the water and began a quick route around her borders before she turned in for the night. When a call echoed out for her, it caught her by surprise, only because she seemed to be quite close already. Peregrine veered slightly off of her intended course and found a bi-colored woman sat on her borders.

Pere smiled, eager to see what the stranger had to offer her. "Hello there," she greeted, tone jovial but somewhat aloof, terribly informal for the position she held, she assumed. "You sit on Aerie's borders, and my name is Peregrine, leader of this pack. What can I do for you?" Aerie. It was still a bit strange to her, still so surreal. What started as a crazy dream had become reality and she was still gathering strength. This femme looked a bit older than her at a glance but in good health. She had an interesting coat, very bold, and striking emerald eyes. The sunset lighting was paint the world around them in shades of gold, ruby, and violet. The shadows around them grew, and she was eager for the relief the night would bring.

"Talk" "You" Think

Phim

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Heavy
player
08-23-2016, 07:44 PM

Phim stood too quickly when she saw the female approach, nearly falling forward on her face from the momentum. She righted herself and dipped her head, her tail low behind her. When she pulled upright again, the little gold trinket was back in her grasp. Slowly, Phim approached the female and set the object before her. Phim had only experienced joining a pack once before, when she was just barely old enough to be out of the den, and her memory was hazy. What was she supposed to do? She and Dai had never planned to join another pack and she had no idea what proper etiquette was. She figured being a polite guest was the safest way to go.

"My name is Phim," she started with a smile. "I heard your call yesterday. I've been alone in Boreas for a while and I was hoping to find a home to join. Could you tell me about your pack and if you're welcoming new members?" Her smile was small and hesitant. She was nervous, but she couldn't let that feeling take over now. Phim had to stay confident. "It's a pleasure to meet you by the way, Peregrine."

""

Peregrine

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

Famous
08-26-2016, 08:13 AM

So this woman had hear her call, huh? Sweet. She introduced herself as Phim, and after only the briefest of summary of herself dove in looking for pack information. Well, Peregrine was happy to oblige. "My pack is centered around the idea of trade and exploration. Our wolves fill many roles, from far-ranging scouts who wander the continent and feed information back to us, to your traditional warrior who defends the pack against all adversaries and provides meals as well. If you are a healer sort, we are also in want of wisdom. Unlike many other packs, we have one more role which combines all three. Traders would have a keen mind for value and a love of travel and exploration." She paused for a moment, letting that sink in while she tried to think of whatever else the woman might want to know.

She only had ideas, having not actually done any of these things yet, but what could the woman really expect? Peregrine hoped she would take some faith in her word alone. "If all goes according to plan, I'd like have frequent ceremonies and festivals for large events in the pack. I hope that Aerie is meaningful to those who join it, if that makes sense. Not just another step in the road, but a new way of thinking, you know? I hope it changes people." She shrugged, unsure what else to really say. She wasn't exactly one who leaked dignity or haughty airs, but she wasn't exactly sure what that meant to those who had to choose whether or not to follow her. The land she'd claimed was beautiful and plentiful with many serene den sites and a lot of water. The whole of the south was their playground, unoccupied by another pack, and though the summer heat was nigh unbearable, they still had the Rio. It was a good place to be in her eyes, who could resist?

"Talk" "You" Think
"Tsiry"

Phim

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Heavy
player
08-29-2016, 07:38 PM

Phim listened intently, her ears at full attention. She was looking for a home, somewhere she could live for the rest of her life without worry of losing another family and being alone again. She couldn't take that kind of pain and heartache again. But she couldn't simply settle for any old pack. She had to find a place where she would fit in, where she would be welcomed and happy. She'd rather spend her time alone than settle for less than that.

Fortunately, it seemed Aerie could be a good fit. For one thing, it was new. There weren't major cliques and connections built that would prevent her from finding a place there. There was opportunity. For another, it sounded like a thrill. Phim loved exploring, albeit she generally did it when she was spaced out. She was always curious, but she also wasn't one to go on dangerous adventures typically. And she loved to help. It was why she'd been studying the plants in the South, recalling what her parents had taught her and what she'd learned from her travels with Dai. She could put that to use in a place like this.

Phim smiled sweetly at the female before her. "That sounds amazing," she said honestly. She looked down at the medallion she'd brought along and nudged it toward Peregrine with her paw. "I would love to be a part of what you're building here, if you would have me. I, um, brought this. I'm not sure what it is, but I thought it looked kind of cool." She was so nervous and she knew it showed, but there was nothing that could be done about it. She could only hope it didn't make her look too weak.
""

Peregrine

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

Famous
08-30-2016, 04:07 PM

Peregrine's nerves had grown and grown, not that she wanted it to show. She did her best to keep a straight face as she spoke, but watching Phim as she thought, the agony of waiting... Well, it was almost too much to bear. When the black and white woman opened her mouth, Peregrine had half convinced herself that she would decline. Instead, it would seem that Aerie sounded amazing. What a wonderful surprise! Peregrine couldn't restrain a grateful smile, glad to hear it.

She hadn't noticed that Phim bore a trinket until the other woman nudged it forward. Her eyes widened in both surprise and appreciation. Where on earth had the woman found something like that. "Well I'll be damned, who'd you steal that from?" she asked with a chuckle. Perhaps the rank of trader would suit her, or maybe a scout if she was apt at finding places that housed items such as these. The earthen fae suddenly found herself very grateful Phim had chosen to call upon her borders and not another's. When the woman announced that Aerie seemed like a place she could see herself living. Peregrine gave her a welcoming smile and replied, "I'm glad to hear that Aerie appeals. Does any one position in the pack stand out to you?" If it were up to her, Peregrine would have a hard time choosing seeing as she didn't know the woman very well, so she hoped Phim was leaning one way or another!

"Talk" "You" Think
"Tsiry"

Phim

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Heavy
player
08-30-2016, 07:19 PM

Thank heaven for fur, otherwise Phim's blush would be out there for the world to see. If she hadn't been so nervous, she probably would've been able to take the joke more smoothly, but instead she giggled and looked at the ground for a moment. "I actually just found it," she said quietly. A deep breath though and she pulled herself together. Her gaze met Peregrine's again and she smiled. "Sorry, I've never really done this before, I'm very nervous."

She needed to choose her own position? Going in, she hadn't really thought about that too much. She'd expected that maybe a basic spot would just be assigned to her and that she'd need to work into something specific. But if she had some say now, she may as well take advantage. "I enjoy exploring, but I really have a passion for healing. I've been studying the plants in this region quite a bit while I've been here. I'm open to helping wherever I'm needed though."
""