Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
11-16-2016, 07:05 PM

The young man was traveling Auster, learning of what he could of the new area of land that he’d be staying in. He found this particular place interesting… an area where there were small pools where fish could get trapped and make an easy meal. Yet they tasted different then a fish caught in a mere river. Not bad, but certainly didn’t. Ganta had lingered long enough to get his fill of the creatures. He felt happier with a full belly, though his mind was racing with thoughts once more. Between searching for his siblings and making Dragoste… the young man kept his brain buzzing.

But maybe, Ganta thought to himself, he should take life a little more slowly. Work on building some relationships with the wolves around him. Ganta smiled at this thought. Yes… where was the rush? He was still part of Talis at the moment she he might as well enjoy his time with his packmates. A soft hum left him, ghostly silvery-white orbs shifting towards the water. It was too cold to swim… but at least he could look at the waves and relax.

"Talk" "You" Think

I'm here without you...

Ara

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
11-20-2016, 08:24 AM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2016, 08:24 AM by Ara.)
Ara hadn't intended to wander so far from home. In a way, she figured she'd earned it - she'd spoken to more wolves in Fiori the last month than she ever had, and she'd been sharing her knowledge readily. She would never decline anyone asking for help, at least in Fiori, and likely not a stranger either. Surely she had earned a few days to herself - or, at least that was what she told herself. She hadn't spent much time in this continent, hardly at all actually - she'd crossed the glimmering sandbridge once before but she hadn't gone far enough into the lands to find anything of interest. She took this journey more slowly, finding a place to rest once she crossed it.

Once the morning sun rose, she was off again. The air was warmer here, many plants still clinging to life despite the change in seasons. As the day went on, she'd crossed a flat plain and a winding river before she found the coastline. The ocean usually held interesting plant life.. she even knew some varieties could grow beneath the water but obtaining those was a trickier thing. Something she wouldn't even attempt, not in this season, with how frigid the waters must be. Lifting her nose to the wind, she sniffed at the air as she directed herself toward the shoreline.

Only when she drew closer did she notice a male nearby, who'd completely bypassed her radar. The ocean air brought a salty tang to the air, overwhelming any scents of wolves who might inhabit this place. Even from a distance she could tell he was unusual looking - though not in a bad way - and he picqued her curiosity somewhat. Slowly she would approach, her posture far from dominant as she gauged whether he was willing to be approached or not. She didn't know much about this place.. so why not try to learn?

Ganta

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
11-20-2016, 09:57 PM

Ganta didn’t notice the female, at least not right away. His mind was upon the ocean, going back to simpler times with his siblings upon the S.S, Antiox. He kept his eyes closed, listening the crash of the waves. They sounded different here… yet welcoming at the same time. His tail gave a small swish, a thoughtful action, and his eyes opened once more. When he looked around his gaze fell upon the older femme and he managed a smile before cocking his head to the side.

“Seems I’m not as alone as I thought.” The young man mused, loud enough so that she might be able to hear him. “You do not need to be wary of me. I’m no enemy, and though not yet a friend, perhaps I could be.” Ganta let out a light laugh, remaining where he had settled upon the sand. “I’m Ganta Hellstrom-Lore. Who’re you?”

"Talk" "You" Think

I'm here without you...

Ara

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
11-29-2016, 06:33 PM
Ara had always loved watching other wolves, far more than she like speaking with them generally. Sometimes she wished she could be invisible, and go totally unnoticed - she wondered what sort of things she might see then. Briefly she eyed his head, the oddly long fur that grew between his ears, in silent wonder. She wouldn't have been at all disappointed if he didn't want to talk, but when he noticed her, he seemed pleased at her presence.

She found herself grinning at the younger man, her tail waving gently behind her as she took a few steps closer.  "Sorry,"  she'd offer, her tone apologetic and her ears flicking absently. "I hope I'm not intruding on anything." He didn't seem busy, or distracted, but she didn't want to be a burden regardless. Ara would sooner leave than even begin to think of bothering a stranger.  He seemed friendly enough to wash most of her worries away as she strode closer to him, though her posture was cautious still. "It's a pleasure, Ganta. My name is Ara." What a name he had! It was an impressive one, that was certain. Her tail waved a bit more quickly behind her as her smile grew naturally.

Ganta

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
12-19-2016, 08:31 PM

Ganta shook his head as the femme became apologetic. “There is no need to be sorry, ma’am. I wasn’t in the middle of anything important, truth be told.” His ghostly gaze curiously focused upon the female, head tilting to the side as he watched her. “Ara… It’s a pretty name.” It reminded him of his mother’s own. He rose, though his posture was still relaxed as he let out a light laugh. “I don’t suppose you might be up for a bit of company for a little while?” His gaze flicked back towards her.

“I apologize if I’m being a tad forward, Ara. I just so happened to be thinking it might be a good idea to build some friendships and acquaintances…” He paused, taking a small breath. “There is… a familiar scent upon your coat. Are you a Fiorian?” Ganta asked, his smile widening. “I’ve met a very nice wolf from that pack...” Here he trailed off, giving the female room to answer.

"Talk" "You" Think

I'm here without you...

Ara

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
12-31-2016, 06:17 PM
His company was pleasant and she found herself relaxing in his easy presence. Ara was undeniably grateful for the distraction - lately her mind seemed to hold more unpleasant thoughts than anything else, and she hated feeling so down on herself. His compliment certainty brightened her features, a gentle smile turning up the corners of her dark lips. "Oh, thank you," she said softly, tail waving lightly behind her. "I was named after my grandfather. Not that I ever met him. I've just been told." Ara had always loved hearing her father's stories, and oh how many he had. She still wondered what she might not know about him; he'd always been a rather mysterious man in some ways.

She nodded swiftly in response to his question. "I wouldn't mind at all," Ara replied with a gentle and barely-audible laugh. "I haven't explored so far South much and was taking a much-needed trip from home. Which is yes, Fiori," she answered with a nod to accompany her words. "Who did you meet?" Ara asked curiously, conversational - she didn't know all the wolves in Fiori but she was observant enough to catch many of their names, even the ones she hadn't spoken to directly.