gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Evelyn
11-19-2016, 02:24 AM

It was winter already, they had been gone for almost a year now. The yearling shivered at the chill in the air, there had been so much snow in the north. Still the child was trying to find her brother, but she hadn’t been able to even track down his scent. She was left to her own devices, growing frail and weak from the lack of prey. She knew that she was in danger of starving, and that she had been stubborn for far too long. Her dull silver eyes searched the snow covered lands, looking for anyone who would help her. Picking her way through the forest she stopped to lean against the trunk of the nearest one. Taking a deep breath, Ashelynn knew that she should have stayed with their mother an aunt. Pheonix had just gotten the idea of finding more like them into her head and she believed him when he told her it would be fun. And now look at her, her coat was dull and lifeless, her fur nearly hanging off her bones. Whimpering, she gathered up her strength and kept walking. She was forever moving, not wishing to stop for too long. The fiery legged girl was afraid that if she stopped, she wouldn’t get back up again. Ashe wasn’t going to die here though, no way. She would keep looking until she found what she was looking for, picking up any scraps that she could find along the way. It was a bad year to get lost, that was for sure. She cursed her stupid brother, looking for someone to blame for all of this. He was the one who had left her, he was the one that didn’t bother to go out hunting for his sister. Scoffing, she shook her head and kept moving, her trail of paw prints getting swallowed up by the steady snowfall. It covered her back and head, making her lava legs stick out like a sore thumb. Hopefully it would help her out in the long run, something to be thankful for.

"SPEAK"
"SPEAK SPANISH"

Luna

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
11-23-2016, 02:28 AM
Onward the yearling traversed over terrain, perhaps hidden from view as she kept to the shadows under the cover of night. There remained times however that she trod through the territories when daylight still lit the skies with the suns loving radiance that at times could be far more than one could handle when the large burning orbs heat grew to be too much.

Luna would have preferred the night, or even dusk, but she had to keep moving. There was no one to feed her and so she had to feed herself. To hunt even though that was not her forte. Yet still something she had knowledge of. She only wished that like home there were at least the little snacks, squirrel or hare, even a lemming or vole would have sufficed.

Not paying as much attention as she usually did as she walked along lost in thought she headed right for another lass in the way of the path her own cream mitts followed though there was no preplanned path. Nothing had been formed, but moving in a straight line rather than her usual zig-zag when out and about on her own she continued to approach the she-wolf. Her own gaze to the ground as she sought for any signs of tiny critters knowing not whether they existed on the land she walked upon or not as they had back where she'd been born.

Ashelynn

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Evelyn
11-23-2016, 04:59 PM (This post was last modified: 11-23-2016, 05:02 PM by Ashelynn.)

The sight of movement out of the corner of her eye captured her attention, her head lifting as silver eyes looked at the other wolf. She didn't appear to notice her at all, which made the young girl falter. Could she already be dead, and was now just a ghost haunting the forest? Swallowing hard, she kept her eyes transfixed on the other until she was nearly right in front of her. Ashe reached out with a single paw, attempting to brush her cold pads against the others outer shoulder. When she didn't pass through her, a sigh escaped her maw and she flopped down to her rump in the blanket of snow. The white substance clung to her backside, but she didn't care for the moment. Her dull gaze looked the healthier female over, a small smile touching her lips as she cleared her throat. "Sorry," she mumbled, her Spanish accent thick on her tongue as her rough voice broke the silence. It had been awhile since she had spoken to anyone, the apparent disuse causing her voice to sound more strained. Ashelynn's head canted off towards her left, wondering if this yearling was lost up here too. It wasn't often that she ran into others these days, especially those near her age. "You lost too? I lost, brother left me alone," she admitted, her silver ears folding back to cling to her skull. Her English was still broken, it didn't help that she hadn't been very active in speaking to too many wolves.

"SPEAK"
"SPEAK SPANISH"

Luna

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
11-23-2016, 05:19 PM
The she-wolf of pitch black and cream came to a halt when she felt something nearby brush against her fur, briefly touching one of her limbs. With a blink of her eyes she gave her head a small shake to rid her head of cobwebs for not having paid better attention. "I should be the one to apologize. I didn't even notice you. Had you been a bear I surely would have been done for."

She tilted her head as the words the less robust yearling had uttered filtered through her ears. Finally it dawned on her what had been said aloud. It hadn't been too difficult, but neither had she heard the accent before. While it was odd to her ear it wasn't the first accent she'd ever heard, but different from the very few her ears had ever before met in her short life of but a year.

"While I do not know where I am, I do not think myself lost for I but wander and go where the wind and stars lead me. But I am sorry to hear you've gotten lost from your brother. I could help you search if you'd like?" She offered help and gladly. There was no reason for her to feel as though she should avoid this or any other stranger. For she doubted she had anything of value they might want.

Ashelynn

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Evelyn
11-30-2016, 01:21 PM

For looking the same age as her, the yearling spoke with a fancy undertone, her words prim and proper. Ashe's ears tipped back slightly, her mannerisms in the common tongue here were lacking and weak. It made her feel shameful, that this girl near her age was already so much further ahead than her. But she swallowed passed the lump in her throat, simply dipping her head in reply to her apology. Ashelynn was just in an off mood as was, feeling weak and needing to find food and shelter. It was embarrassing to ask for assistance from someone who was her age though, but she wasn't a fool. She would die out here if she didn't find something fast. The girl spoke again, her words sounding so odd and foreign to her ears. She offered to help search, causing the fire legged girl to shake her head. "No, food is most important. I struggle hunting, I very weak," she admitted, her choppy words making her flinch. There was such a stark contrast in their tones, but she tried not to think too much on it.

Shuffling on her paws, she looked at the stranger with her dull, nearly lifeless silver eyes. She used to be so spunky and full of life, but it was all stripped away from her. She blamed her brother, a flash of resentment making her fur stand on end. It was his fault for leaving her, and she bet that he didn't even care. Her inky lips twitched, but she didn't bare her teeth. Letting out a puff of air, Ashe shivered slightly and allowed her gaze to roam around them. She didn't even know what they could hunt, the only thing she had seen around were rabbits, and they were far too fast for her to catch in her current state. She had been surviving off of nearly picked clean carcasses, or animals who had succumbed to the cold. It had kept her alive thus far, but she no longer wanted to be in the north. "Warmer lands, do you know? Where are?" The cold was only going to get worse the further they sank into winter, and she wasn't dead set on joining a pack. It could help her, but she hadn't given up on finding Pheonix yet. And when she did, she was going to beat the crap out of him.

"SPEAK"
"SPEAK SPANISH"

Luna

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
12-03-2016, 01:08 AM
Cream tipped dark ears flickered forward as the other young she-wolf spoke. "Food is indeed greatly important. I can help you hunt some down." She glanced over the female and wondered if she'd be able to even do something so basic as stand in the way of a direction the prey might go, or if she could chase it toward Luna herself. "I'll only need a little help from you, if you can block the path of whatever we find. Can you manage?" If not she wondered if it were be possible to find one more individual to help hunt and share the bounty with.

She bowed her head in thought as she tried to determine if there were any warmer lands. Yet this far north well she'd always been told that the further north one went the cooler it was bound to become. She knew not why, only that, that was the way of things. "If we head south we should find a warmer place. Southwest would probably be a good direction to head as well."

If she could help this weak female grow strong by getting some much needed nourishment in her belly then she'd feel a bit better.