gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Luna
12-04-2016, 08:35 PM
With a huff and a puff the male strode through the thick of winter. Tendrils of breath rose from his lips and dissipated above his head. From a light foggy white-gray to naught but air; invisible. Still he continued onward in search of what he knew not. Perhaps someone to share warmth with in the heart of winter and the chill it wrought across the landscape far and wide as he left deep paw impressions in the thick layers of snow. So high that the newest grown trees were either completely concealed by the snow or only the very tops of them could be spotted.

He decided that he couldn't stop to really enjoy the scenery or investigate. Not when the wind force rose and the temperature continued to drop. He had to find far better shelter than he could see within the Redbud Nook. Thus far he'd known only a lonely winter with none to share stories with as they warmed one another and gazed to the skies and the far off horizons.

The male moved so quickly that he missed a step. Caught his own hind paw with one of his fore-paws and let out a yelp as he tumbled forward head first into the snow. His muzzle sank beneath the soft snow drift. Lifting his head from the face and mouth full of snow he shook his head with a huff of breath.

Storm

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Emaciated
player
Bluetick
12-04-2016, 09:22 PM

She normally loved the winter weather, but today was different. Today she had wished she never crawled from her den. Today she wished she had never traveled from the pack lands to get some herbs. And today she wished she had never got caught in this bitter storm. Grant it it may not last long, but the silver women and her companion were caught in what felt like the worst part of it. The two pushed through the blistering cold winds. Jack was perched on her back gripping her thick fur so that he wouldn't blow away. He couldn't fly nor would he be able to see vary far. Though blind the silver women's eyelids were squeezed shut, ears pinned against her head as she moved forward, unsure of where exactly she was going.

She wasn't even sure if she could find her way back to the pack in this weather. With Jack unable to guide her from the sky she would be forced to seek shelter in this weather. Most of her senses were useless in this kind of weather though so finding shelter was going to be vary difficult for her to do. She wouldn't give up, in fact she needed to find the shelter and get both of them out of this horrible weather.

Before long the female's ears popped up as a distant yelp was whipped to her through the wind. Stopping the healer's instincts to heal kicking into full gear. It was ahead of her a ways and would take her a little bit to get to. So folding her ears again the female picked up her pace to a fast trot, enough that Jack would still be able to balance on her back. She headed forward until the bird let out a cry telling her to stop. She stopped and it was a few feet from the male.

"Are you alright?" she asked in concern.

"Talk" "You" Think
[Image: pV7voRu.png]
[Image: 6qyNX6O.png]
Storm is completely blind
Storm's Companion Eli (Wolverine) is assumed to be with her at all times

Noel

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Luna
12-05-2016, 06:27 AM
It soon became apparent to the snow colored wolf with a bit of silvery touched fur that his embarrassment had not gone unnoticed nor without witness. For there came the sound of an avian followed by words that he knew from a voice that he did not.

With his muzzle tilted downward he pushed himself onto all four legs. Stood to his full height, his tail limp laying limp behind him against his hindquarters. "I'm fine. I think. A little dazed. A little embarrassed. And certainly cold. Especially after that unintended nose dive into the snow m'lady."

He winced as he spoke. Felt the start of a headache approach. He glanced at the female, far shorter than himself and back to the snow he'd fallen in. "I might have hit my head. Not sure if there were a rock or something under there." His ears splayed backward and down against his head. Lowering himself down onto his belly he placed his left forepaw over his head. He couldn't be certain he'd hit anything or if it were maybe brain freeze from that mouthful of chill white powder gifted from the skies above.

Storm

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Emaciated
player
Bluetick
12-06-2016, 01:16 PM

Her brows furrowed even more, ears pointed forward as she listened to the words of the male. It sure was cold today and would be best for all three of them to get out of this weather as soon as possible. It would sure make things worse if they didn't. Once this weather cleared and if he wasn't feeling any better she could lead him back to Abaven for at least treatment. It didn't have to be a permanent stay, but at least if he had done some damage with the fall he could stay until better. She got a little more worried when he mentioned he wasn't sure if he hit a rock or something. Being a healer it was vary worrisome to hear that, if he had some sort of concussion him being in this weather was not good right not. Moving closer the female swung her body to the right until she was parallel to the much larger male. Then if allowed she gently nudged his shoulder with her nose hoping to encourage him to get up.

"Let's find some shelter before you take a rest then I'll take a look at that head for a wound or bruise. It may just be the mouthful of vary cold snow" she said.

From her shoulder Jack looked around until he spotted a large rock formation to their left a ways. It had a medium opening which told him that there would hopefully be a small cave in it. Bending down the bird gently tugged at a bunch of fur on Storm's left shoulder indicating that he had found a place.

"Seems Jack here spots a place not to far from here where we could take shelter"

"Talk" "You" Think

Noel

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Luna
12-06-2016, 04:27 PM
He wasn't too addle brained he thought if he could still feel a nudge when it was given or hear words spoken from the maw of another wolf. Which was just as well for he worried what might have happened to him were he to have been left alone to his own devices. If not for the weather taking the turn it had he felt he'd have been able to manage well enough on his own. Better even were he a year or three younger than the current seasons he had witnessed in his life time.

"Sound advice. Let's get out of this crazy weather, miss." He stared from her to the bird. He hadn't noticed it before. Not really though he'd seen it, the feathered ones presence hadn't really registered. "You've a bird for a friend?" His tone filled with curiosity only for he'd never really known such a thing to be.

"Well then, I shall follow where you two lead. If there's a place to hide from all the wind and snow I'd be glad when I get there."

Storm

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Emaciated
player
Bluetick
12-08-2016, 02:42 PM

He agreed with her idea, which she was vary glad about. She feared him staying out in this weather injury or not. Mentally she admitted that she herself should not be out in this weather either, it was much to easy for a wolf to get sick in these kinds of conditions. Ears flicked back to Jack then to the male at her side as he spoke about Jack. She had a lot of wolves ask her about her companion, she guessed most didn't know about taking on other animals as companions. Bass did, he had stated one of his daughters had a finch for a companion, but it seemed loners really didn't run into many wolves with companions.

"Yes, he fell from his nest and broke his wing as a baby. I healed him and cared for him and he stayed with me as a my companion," she replied with a smile. "Then fallow me."

She moved forward then turned to the left heading towards the cave that Jack had spotted. It wasn't that far away, but she moved at a slower pace to move through the whipping wind and to be sure he was fallowing. She fit through the entrance of the cave with ease and once out of the wind Jack hopped off her back and found himself a spot in the cave. She moved in further and shook off her pelt before waiting for the male to settle so she could check and see how he was feeling.

"Talk" "Jack" Think

Noel

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Luna
12-08-2016, 03:31 PM
He'd never heard of anyone he knew taking another creature as a companion. They tended to eat them he supposed if they ever had any at all. Some didn't have great willpower when it came to that. But who would want to eat a friend even if they weren't a wolf he shook his head to imagine it.

"Very well." He turned to follow her, keeping a few steps behind her. Her companion had been the one to find the shelter for them and so it would be rude not to partake of it. Foolish too with the weather as it was right then. "I do hope the winds die down soon and the snow stops piling up." He said upon entering the little cave after the she-wolf.

Giving himself a shake he dislodged what snow had fallen upon his pelt. At least they were out of the worst of the chill and the wind could hardly reach them at all save for the opening into the shelter.

"Thanks," he sighed and found a spot to turn thrive around and lay down curled into a tight ball with his tail just beneath his muzzle.

His brows furrowed a moment in consternation for he still felt the slightest ache, but it wasn't as acute as it had been so short a time after his undignified fall.

Storm

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Emaciated
player
Bluetick
01-12-2017, 06:37 PM

She settled down her ears twitching about and catching the sounds within the cave. She could clearly hear Jack cleaning his feathers, fluffing himself up, and overall warming up. She could also hear the male getting settled. She was patient allowing him time to settle before she pushed to see if he was alright. Letting some time go by she stood from her spot and moving over to the male.

"How is your head? Still having pain?" she asked.

She didn't have any supplies with her, but at least he could rest until the weather had calmed down and could come back with her to Abaven until he was healed. She wouldn't feel right if she wasn't sure that he was medically okay. It was her duty to heal and help others in any way she could.

"Talk" "Jack" Think