ardent

A Grave Loss [Fiori]

Lyre

gems
size
build
player
12-18-2016, 10:56 PM

She tried to stay relatively close to home, making sure that if there was something to catch she would be able to drag it to Abaven or at least be able to call for help. The woman had a keen sense of smell, and the fresh scent of a bear and death lightly held itself across these lands. But luckily she was aware that this was not open territory and she couldn't just waltz into the pack lands.

She smelled around the borders, edging as close as she could trying to find out if the bear she was somehow tracking was inside or lived nearby. She could tell that this territory specifically was not where the attack held place so the bear could have been on the other side of the river. She wasn't expecting anyone else to come along but being that she was not from this pack, someone was bound to show up and her questions could be answered.

Walk "Talk"

Tiburtius

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Athena I

Famous
12-20-2016, 11:17 PM

Ever since he had helped chase off that bear he had been lingering near the place at the border where he had scared it off at. He was pretty sure it wouldn't come back after getting all those injuries, but it was already strange enough to have a bear here this late in the year so he wouldn't put it past it. He just wanted to be sure. After all, there weren't many other wolves in the pack that were large enough to really make an impact on an animal that size. Besides that, he had to make sure he was protecting his mothers and sisters. Athena might be able to hold it off for a bit, but Amalia and the girls wouldn't stand a chance.

Surprisingly though, as he came to make a short patrol of this side of the territory, he noticed a wolf standing there instead of a bear. There were plenty of wolves in Fiori that he wasn't completely familiar with these days, but he was certain he had never seen her before. As he got closer he realized that she smelled of Abaven and he got even more curious. He hadn't met anyone else from Finch's pack yet so he padded over to her curiously. He probably should have gotten Leo since it was his job to check on wolves standing at the border, but he didn't see much harm in him talking to her first. "Hello there," he said, his tone friendly as he padded over to meet her. "Did you need something?"

"Talk" "You" Think

Lyre

gems
size
build
player
12-21-2016, 08:29 PM

Lyre shot her head up from her tracking and looked at the male with surprised eyes. "Oh. Erm, Sorry. Not meaning to intrude." She spoke lightly so he knew she wouldn't cause any harm, but her gentle spirit should have been enough to show him. "I can scent  a bear has been through here." She would leave out the death smell so she wouldn't drag up any free emotions just in case. "It's a little late for one to be out and active. Has it been taken care of? It may have been rabid."

She didn't want to frighten the man even though he didn't seem like a scardey-cat type. But a loose bear just roaming around the two's packs? That wasn't something to just throw to the side. Of course she spoke all words of kindness and gentleness, not sounding rude. But he needed to take into consideration that it could come back or run into Abaven lands angry and on a rampage. Lyre would be sure to do something about it, the safety of her new home was top on her priority list.

Walk "Talk" Think

Tiburtius

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Athena I

Famous
12-22-2016, 10:05 PM

Tib's ears twitched forward to listen as she explained why she was there. He hadn't thought that she was trying to cause any problems, but he appreciated that she made an effort to be nice and polite all the same. His expression grew more serious and grave as she spoke of the bear and he nodded solemnly. "Yes, it's been taken care of. We were able to chase it off, but it had pretty serious injuries when it left so I'm not sure how far it got from here. I didn't think it was a good idea to go chasing after it on my own." Although after what it did to Quelt and Bright Moon he kind of wished he had. He would have liked to make sure it was put down to keep it from happening again.

"It killed two of our members unfortunately..." he added softly, his ears flicking. "I don't know why it was out this time of year. It didn't seem rabid. I'm not sure if it was just because the weather has been so odd this year or if it was something else. Whatever it was it certainly left its mark." He sighed and frowned before he finally focused back in on the tan and white-marked woman. "I'd avoid tracking it if you can. It seemed violent all the same and I'd hate for you to get hurt as well."

"Talk" "You" Think

Lyre

gems
size
build
player
12-23-2016, 07:52 PM

Chased it away? That wasn't taking care of it. "Wounded? That makes it easier to take it down. " Eyeing the man after he spoke of his pack mate's loss she would continue, "I'm so sorry for your loss." And she was. Knowing that anyone was passing due to unexpected reasons was a horrible tragedy. She would feel for the man and the pack, but she didn't know the individuals that died. She didn't even know this man.

"I do not plan to go after it myself but if any of your members are interested I will speak with my Alpha and perhaps we can remove the threat together." Who even knew? The bear could have had something it wanted in these lands. It was a threat, and it frightened Lyre. It frightened her for the safety of the wolves around her. "It would just be a shame if it came back here or traveled into my pack. I'm sure you don't want to lose anyone else."

Walk "Talk" Think

Tiburtius

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Athena I

Famous
12-23-2016, 10:10 PM

Tiburtius knew that the woman meant well and he couldn't say that he disagreed with her, but she also hadn't been the one to stare an angry bear in the face and have to scare it off with Lionel's help. Although, when she mentioned the possibility of it wandering into Abaven and the possibility of losing someone else his ears flicked from worry. He had been guarding the border here to protect his mothers and sisters, but he hadn't been able to go guard Finch. He was hesitant to face it again, but perhaps if he was able to partner up with some more fighters and hunters he could justify it.

"I haven't had a chance to really consider it since I've been guarding this border to be on the watch for the bear, but I would help you and your pack members if you decide to try hunting it down. I could probably get a couple of wolves from here to join me as well." Bright Moon at least had been loved around the pack and he knew several had been fond of Quelt as well. They were certainly going to be missed. "Lets make sure we have enough wolves before we go about this though. This bear went through two older wolves and was still a rough fight by the time myself and one of the other younger men that live here got to it. If it survived its wounds that is." He tried to smile a little, adding, "I appreciate your initiative though. I'm Tiburtius, by the way."

"Talk" "You" Think

Lyre

gems
size
build
player
12-31-2016, 09:14 PM

She also had to agree with the male. She wasn't sure how many wolves of her pack were capable of hunting a bear down. They would be strong together, especially with it being wounded. But she would have to speak with Bass before pursuing anything and she was sure the man here would have to do the same.

"Yes, I would have to speak with my Alpha before doing anything more. I'm not sure how many of my pack mates would be able or willing."

She took note of the man's name, Tiburtius, which seemed unique to her but she was used to odd names and colors and markings. Most wolves didn't impress her by their looks. With a bow of her chin she replied, "Lyre Diamáchi". It wasn't necessarily odd that they hadn't introduced themselves yet. But it did feel like they had spent a lot of time talking about this stupid bear. "I supposed I will come back here and let you know the outcome of our talk. I am just no stranger to tragedy and it hurts me to think someone else is suffering."

Walk "Talk" Think