Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

Famous
12-31-2016, 07:09 PM
Lark shivered as a gust of cool wind ruffled his fur. Patrolling was dull task at times, but he was grateful for the time spent alone. While he was mostly grateful that it was so mind-numbing, as that meant Abaven and his family were safe and well, it was sometimes boring. Not that he would ever wish for anything bad to happen to his family.. he sometimes just wanted something different.

A soft sigh fell from his lips as he moved, one paw in front of the other in lazy succession as he trailed across the borders that marked the claimed part of the thicket from the world beyond. He wasn't sure what he hoped to find here, if anything, but he knew he was feeling restless. Sullenly he trudged on, through the thicket, nostrils flaring as he tested the scents in the air and searched for anything at all out of the ordinary.

Lyre

gems
size
build
player
12-31-2016, 08:56 PM

The woman wasn't patrolling the lands, just out on a walk. She was getting used to these "lines" and was out almost everyday walking around them and studying their placements. That way if she ran into a problem she would be aware of what to do. Where the lines were and of course studying the scent of the pack.

She was walking opposite of the man who had been patrolling, looking up to find each other walking face to face. She would take her time, continuing on her stroll not wanting to jump excitedly into the his face or anything. Besides, if he just wanted to go on his merry way past her, she wouldn't pout and follow him.

Eventually they would come across each other where she would greet him kindly, "Hello." She would stop in her tracks, seeing if he wanted any company or not. But even just a "good evening" and carry on would have been okay for her.

Walk "Talk" Think

Lark

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

Famous
01-10-2017, 06:54 PM
Lark was lost in his thoughts, hardly noticing the approach of another. His patrols were somewhat tedious in nature and he found his mind drifting to and fro, like leaves on the wind. The rustling of grass underpaw was enough to alert him of someone's approach. The breeze carried with it her scent. The woman wasn't familiar to him, but lately he kept to himself enough to not know many of the wolves in Abaven well enough at all.

She greeted him, and he lifted his head, turning to face her. He fought the urge to grunt in response. "Hi," he forced himself to say, eyeing her curiously. Her scent was of Abaven, but she didn't look terribly familiar. He hadn't looked at many wolves at their last meeting, though. "How's, uh.. your day?" His brows furrowed slightly as he looked her over. She was a rather pretty lady, he noted suddenly, and he instantly felt guilty for thinking it; why he felt that way he didn't know.

Lyre

gems
size
build
player
01-10-2017, 10:02 PM

She giggled a little to his question, also glad that he wouldn't wander off away onto his other adventures. "Uneventful." She replied with a smile. She wasn't saying it in a bad way, but sometimes it was fun to throw some kind of drama or something in your life. Most of the time Lyre was very sophisticated and professional, but more than expected she was a kid at heart. Well, maybe more of a teenager but it was all about the same, wasn't it?

She tilted her cheek towards him a little, "And yours has been... the same I'm sure?" Abaven was a quiet pack from what she had observed. But that was much better than havoc and thinking wolves would be ripping your throat out in the middle of the night. It was at least somewhat pleasing to live here. The wolves were nice and there was currently no real danger.

"My name is Lyre. I'm pretty new to the pack if you hadn't been able to tell." She introduced herself, "I recently just made my den in the Serpent Plains."

Walk "Talk" Think

Lark

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

Famous
01-15-2017, 03:50 PM
Lark didn't remember feeling so.. awkward around anyone. Truthfully though he hadn't spent much time around anyone but his family - and then Lillianna recently - and speaking to someone new felt a bit strange to him. He felt a brief tightness in his chest as she spoke to him, his gaze lifting to meet hers. Uneventful, she said, and he found himself chuckling softly without realizing it. "Uneventful indeed," he'd agree readily, nodding his head slowly.

He'd been thinking the same thing. Things were rather uneventful. Lark supposed he was more happy with that than not, but it didn't mean it didn't make things a bit monotonous at times. His gaze was curious as he studied her. "Though perhaps we ought to feel a bit less gloomy about that fact." Gently he shrugged his shoulders, his lips twitching in a faint smile.

She introduced herself. Lyre. That was a pretty name, and he felt his stomach sink at the realization. "Pleasure, Lyre. I'm Lark Sartaddi-Destruction." His own name felt heavy on his tongue, and briefly he wondered if he ought to drop the name his mother had brought to the family. Why keep it if she hardly considered him her child? It surely didn't seem like she felt that way anymore. It'd been so long since he'd had any kind of contact with her. His brows furrowed slightly as he pushed those thoughts away. "What made you choose Abaven? You made a good choice." Another faint smile struggled to appear on his features.

Lyre

gems
size
build
player
02-03-2017, 10:23 PM

Tilting her head as he spoke, she would respond, "Yes, I agree. It's nice to know we are safe behind these... Borders." She still wasn't completely trustful of these things. Though she felt safe when around her family back at home and that was the same kind of heart-felt feeling she was getting here.

Silver eyes lit to the name Destruction. It was the only name familiar to her yet linked with Bass. "I suppose you are related to Bass then?" She was aware that most his family had gone AWOL and she was slightly surprised that he spoke the name. She couldn't help but feel happiness that they hadn't all abandoned him.

She smiled to him again, turning around so that she could stand beside him and stepped forward so that the two could continue their walk or his patrol. It was a little awkward, yes, just standing there talking to a stranger. So to continue on with his patrol would hopefully ease them both.

"I had heard some peaceful things about the pack, probably from some members or old members on my endeavors. I was hoping I could help others with my healing abilities, I was was feeling somewhat meaningless roaming around aimlessly." Looking to him yet again, she would continue, "Have you been here all your life? It seems you have enjoyed it."

Walk "Talk" Think

Lark

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

Famous
02-16-2017, 07:29 AM
Only for a moment would he try to rationalize the awkwardness he suddenly felt. Lark had never been much of a self-conscious creature; he was known in his family as being the confident one, the leader, the foundation. It'd been awhile since he'd truly had a friend, or even someone he just liked talking to, outside of his family and outside of Lillianna and he apparently was unaccustomed to it.

He noted she didn't seem that excited about the fact that Abaven was uneventful, though he knew neither of them would wish for anything more if something as awful as a war happened. He remembered when Finch had disappeared, and how upsetting it had been -- maybe things being boring wasn't so bad after all..

His face lit up a bit brighter at the mention of his dad. "Yeah, he's my father," Lark offered with no hesitation. No matter what he thought of his mother, he'd always been proud to be Bass' son and knew his other siblings felt the same way. His tail, now slowly twitching where it lay behind him, was further evidence of that fact.

He was glad to walk beside her, nose twitching as he occasionally dropped it to the earth to test the scents here. Nothing out of the ordinary, not yet at least, but it was a habit he had grown used to. "There's a few healers in the pack," he acknowledged, ears flicking as he eyed her from the side. "They could probably offer you some training if needed." Personally he knew little about healing, and was happy to keep it that way.. though the word training made him cringe internally, since he knew he'd been slacking on his fight training for some time now.

"Yeah, I was born here. It's all I've ever known." Nothing about the way he spoke betrayed that he thought anything poorly of that fact. Abaven was his home, and always would be, as far as he was concerned. Nothing could change that. "What about you? Where do you come from?"