Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
07-09-2017, 08:09 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2017, 08:16 PM by Frostbite.)
ooc: First round due by July, 17th, 2017

The pack had been quiet through the winter which he had expected, who wanted to waste the energy doing extra things when you could just stay in your den most of the day. Now that it was spring it was time to kick things up a notch and Frost for one wanted to get some things done. This pack was in need of some activity. Crawling from his den the male stretched himself out and began his morning. On this morning he was preparing for a big event, one that he had been mulling over all winter. He was going to be calling a pack hunt and now would be the perfect time.

The past few days he had been keeping tabs on the prey, the mule deer were giving birth and the bucks were not as dangerous as they had been. It would be a great time to attempt a hunt. He was hoping for a big turnout, but he would have to see. He headed out for a check to see where the deer were hanging out this morning. Once locating the deer he backtracked a safe distance away from them and took a seat.

Lifting his head up he let out a deep howl inviting the pack to a pack hunt.

"Talk" & 'Think"

Art by Kanvos

Hailey

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
07-12-2017, 05:53 PM

She was a hunter next to being a healer. So this was something that she couldn't possibly miss. Prancing around she carefully arrived to see the male who had given the call. She gave a soft nod of her head as she smiled and took a seat. Her tail slightly wagging back and forth. Even if she was the only one to show up she was certain the two of them could take down something right? "Hello! My name is Hailey. I'm a lirim healer but I hunt as well." she greeted towards him.

She silently wondered what they would be hunting today. Since it was spring a lot of animals had babies, it made for weak mothers and even their babies would make a good meal. Probably not for the whole pack, they would find something though she was sure of that. Patiently she waited there.

"Talk"

Leshia

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
07-14-2017, 09:00 PM

if heaven waits we'll breach the gates on her wings we'll be one

Leshia had been keeping to herself. She knew she should really get out and meet her packmates but she'd been living solo for so long she wasn't even really sure if she knew how to socialize any more. The idea of such encounters made her nervous… but then she didn't like being lonely much either. Stretching she continued her patrol. That's what she'd been doing most of the winter, especially since that weird mud-covered wolf had shown up at the border.

She froze when a call rang out summon the wolves for a hunt. A hunt? Leshia loved to hunt, perhaps this was just the sort of social event she could handle. The girl sprinted off toward the meeting and came upon an older male and female. "Uh.. hey, hi there. I'm Leshia Kaltharsis. I don't think we've met yet. I'm a new Theron for Lirim"

Frostbite

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
07-18-2017, 08:14 AM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2017, 08:16 AM by Frostbite.)
ooc: Second round due by July, 22th, 2017, since it seems like it will be only the three of us :). Although others are still welcome to join in!

He knew he wouldn't have to wait long and he was hoping for at least enough members to take down a deer or two. It would be nice to have a larger kill for the pack verses him always taking smaller prey such as fawns, foxes, and rabbits. All winter he had been itching for a big hunt to get much bigger prey for a change of pace. When the first female of the pack arrived he nodded back to her his tail lightly wagging in a more quieter greeting. She then introduced herself and spoke of hunting being her second skill. He was glad she came.

Spending most of his time either with Stardust or solo hunting left him a little clueless to the other hunters within the pack and even if it wasn't her main skill, it was good to know he could ask her to hunt with him for bigger prey and possibly help in training all the children if she was up for it. Before Frost could reply to her a second female arrived to the gathering. She was young and Frost had come across her scent a time or two at the borders when he was out hunting. She too introduced herself and to his surprise she was in fact a ranked hunter of the pack like himself. Another member he could immediately count on for hunting.

"It's nice to meet both of you, I'm Frostbite Wreckage a Theron to Lirim." he replied back to both of them.

He waited a few more minutes to see if there would be anyone else joining.

"Well ladies it looks like it'll be just the three of us. I have a small herd of Mule deer not to far from here. Several in the herd had given birth already and a few are due any day, maybe even now which means we should have a good shot and bringing something back to the pack. If there is one giving birth currently we will go for an ambush, if not we will have to cut the herd and single out one of our prey," he said with a smile as he got excited for a hunt.

"If you both are ready fallow me and we will see what we have," he said before getting up.

"Talk" & 'Think"

Art by Kanvos

Leshia

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
07-22-2017, 08:26 PM
ooc: sorry for shortness ><

Leshia took in the man's name. Frostbite Wreckage. He was several years older than her and she assumed he probably had significant experience. She made mental note to watch him carefully and see what she could learn from how he lead this hunt. Naturally she assumed he'd be leading it as he called them together. He'd seen some mule deer nearby and her ears perked up at that. Mule deer were certainly tasty! With young they'd be vulnerable. "Sounds like a plan to me!" She was ready to get started and to show the others what she could do.

"Talk"

Faite

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Famous
07-24-2017, 01:14 PM

Frostbite's howl hadn't gone unnoticed and yet Faite was more than late by the time she headed towards the howl. She'd been off trying to get an idea of where her nephews had gone and still hadn't had any luck. She was still reluctant to go too far since she was the only alpha. Fortune being missing hadn't helped matters at all. Still, she couldn't ignore the call for a hunt. She was glad Frost was taking the initiative now that winter was over. It was about time the pack came together for group activities.

She arrived at the group to find Frost, Hailey, and Leshia already there. It was disappointing to see that no one else had come, but at least four wolves was better than none. She offered all three wolves a smile before she looked towards Frost expectantly.

"Sorry I'm late, got caught up with something. What are we hunting?"

Walk, "Talk" Think

[Image: x638RtN.png]
[Image: sI0gGqh.png]

Frostbite

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
08-25-2017, 07:35 AM (This post was last modified: 08-25-2017, 07:36 AM by Frostbite.)

Before he could turn to leave a surprise arrival made a happy grin spread across his face. Faite had arrived to join them and Frost was feeling a little better about this hunt now. Four wolves could definitely bring down this deer without a problem. This would be a good hunt for sure and the pack would have a nice meal this evening for sure. It made him even more fired up to get this hunt started. His tail wagged and he glanced over his shoulder towards where the trail led.

"We were just about to head out and find out, so fallow me!" he said.

Turning the male lowered his nose to the ground getting back on the trail of the deer before fallowing it. The trail got hotter the male ensured his movements were quieter, not wanting to spook their chances. Once they got close he lowered himself to the ground and took cover behind some brush. Peeking out around the brush his eyes scanned over the herd checking each deer he could see. Then his eyes spotted a deer laying down and he watched eyes taking in her movements. By what he could tell, she was in the process of giving birth which meant she would be their easiest target. Looking to the girls he pointed his muzzle towards the birthing doe.

"Looks like we will be ambushing. I'll make a wide circle and position myself so her spine is towards me. Faite you can help me by going further up the spine towards the front shoulders to hold her down. Hailey if you want to position yourself by her rump you can help me to hold her down also and Leshia if you wanna go for the neck while we hold her down you can make the kill. Sound fair?" he whispered to the three of them.

"Talk" & 'Think"

Art by Kanvos

Leshia

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
08-26-2017, 11:36 AM

Leshia trotted excitedly after Frostbite. She took a moment to muse over his curious name and she wondered if he had been born in the winter and if there was some story to his name but perhaps she could ask later. Leshia kept her eyes and ears peeled for signs of the prey, her nostrils flared, taking in the spring scents of the air. Leshia followed the older man's lead. As he dropped his posture she would follow, her eyes drifting to the birthing doe. Mmmm… easy meal if they played their moves right.

She grinned as she was assigned the kill shot. "It would be my honor." She moved back a bit and waited for the others to get into position. Excitement and nervousness churned in her stomach. She had a big job to ensure that everyone would get to eat tonight but she was excited for the opportunity to show what she could do.

"Talk"