ardent

A Martyr's Challenge

Aodhan

gems
size
build
player
08-25-2017, 12:53 AM

It'd been some time since he'd run into the female with the bird who was a stickler for manners, but Aodhan recently remembered their encounter. He'd been living in Auster for a little while now and had mostly avoided contact with most others. The thought of finding a pack to join had finally wormed its way as an idea into his head and now it had stuck. Of course he knew nothing of the land around him and it took some digging to finally discover that the only pack in Auster was the one. Not that he minded that one bit. Competition for resources wouldn't be harsh, all things to considered, but there were downsides. If he didn't agree with the pack it meant he'd have to go farther north to find one he liked. It was worth a shot though.

The wolf-dog had taken his time finally tracking down Talis' territories. His travels had been slow and he was in no rush really. His days turned into rising before dawn to watch the sunset, travel some more, sleep, and repeat. Finally the golden male reached the borders of the pack and he padded along the edge for a good moment as he assessed the scents. The pack had a decent size to it which wasn't surprising. It wasn't until he got another good sniff to realize that he recognized it. It was the scent that was on Avalon and her bird companion.

He finally came to sit a few feet away from the border as he contemplated his options. He didn't know Avalon very well, but first impressions stuck with him and he hadn't minded her presence in the least. If the rest of her pack members were like her then surely he wouldn't mind living with them? Well he couldn't just sit here and do nothing all day. Finally his head rose to the sky as he let out a call for the female.

Walk, "Talk" Think

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantFamousChristmas 2019Treat 2019Promptober 2019
09-11-2017, 10:55 PM

She hadn't been feeling too great lately, old memories would plague her during sleep and her worries that her family was beginning to hate her more blossomed. She didn't feel like her old self, but with Tan's help, she was keeping away from the edge. She never thought she'd get to this point in her life...she had lost two mates, so she didn't think she'd be able to fall in love again...much less with some of her kids scrutinizing everyone she tried to get close to, which also made her feel like she couldn't be with someone else. Though Vereux didn't have the cleanest past, he was still a good male and father. But because of the doubts from others, it had piled on her and she had made a choice she still regretted. But he was dead now, and there was nothing she could do to change that. Sighing, she rolled onto her other side, and as she was set to try and sleep again, a howl rose in the air. Ears twitched absentmindedly, not really wanting to get up. She figured Dragon would take care of it, since she no longer had those duties. Which in turn, she supposed her life was a lot more boring now...

"Avalon, I think someone is here to see you," The aging woman heard her companion coming to land on the broken sill of the window, an inquisitive look in her. "Who would be coming to see me?" It must be for Dragon... She couldn't think of anyone that would travel all this way just to see her, but curiosity was slowly getting the best of her. "Why don't you go and find out? You could use the fresh air..." Her head tilted to the side, an almost offended look. "While you're up, take a bath and fix yourself! You look like such a mess!" Confused, the woman looked at herself before realizing what she meant. Come to think of it, she hadn't really been grooming herself, so she wasn't smelling the best nor did she look it either. "W-well...let's go then and see who it is."

Embarrassed, she quickly made her way out of the castle and headed towards the plains, avoiding everyone she could on the way. She'd first visit one of the ponds in the plains for a quick dip, and once she finished that she rolled in a patch of lavender that had begun to grow to try and make herself smell better too. Once she was done, she stood back up to check herself. "Better?" "Better." Satisfied, the pair continued towards the call, and as they got closer, Avalon was surprised to see the male they had met not too long ago. "Aodhan! What a surprise to see you here! How have you been?"

Walk, "Talk" Think

Art||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Aodhan

gems
size
build
player
10-12-2017, 01:10 AM

Aodhan sat and waited in silence for a while. He wasn't entirely sure if the female would even come, but if not he supposed he wouldn't mind. After all, he'd only met her once and perhaps she would find it strange to have him calling at her pack's borders? If anything maybe his howl would attract the attention of one of the other pack's various members. Their scent was thick in the air and he could smell an abundance of wolves. Surely one curious wolf or two would come and chat for a moment. Even if he didn't get to see Avalon then getting a few questions answered didn't sound half bad either.

He sat for a while longer before the sound of paw steps alerted him to someone approaching. Fluffy ears flicked forward as he finally spotted the woman and her bird companion. She was damp, like she'd just taken a bath, and the scent of lavender wafted towards his nostrils. Had she bathed just to come see him? He found it odd considering he didn't find himself worthy of such a presentation, but then again maybe she just wanted to make a good impression.

She seemed slightly surprised and her words only confirmed his suspicious. Hmm, maybe she hadn't known it was him calling until she got here. At least she recognized him, but he liked to think he was hard to forget. His fluffy tail waved softly in greeting her and he flashed her a polite smile as she greeted him.

"I've been well - just mostly enjoying the sights this continent has to offer. It's a pleasure to see you both again." He made sure to include the bird this time and glanced at it with a faint amount of wariness. He was half expecting to get scolded again if he wasn't on his best behavior. "How have you been?"

Walk, "Talk" Think

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantFamousChristmas 2019Treat 2019Promptober 2019
11-16-2017, 02:09 AM

His response made her smile, and she noticed the way he seemed to have a wary eye for her companion. "Don't worry, she won't chew your ears off this time, right Tan?" She turned to look at her companion who eyed her and then eyed the wolf-dog, "Maybe, if this lad isn't all cheeky though I think you are safe...for now, anyway." She eyed him mischievously before fluffing out her feathers, content with sitting where she was for the time being. "Don't mind her, I have to admit it's a pleasure seeing you again...I'm glad life is treating you well." At least, she hoped it was. But the question begged her, did he come here to just say hello? Or was there something else behind his visit? She wasn't sure if she should ask, perhaps she'd let him get to it on his own time...yeah, she figured she'd do that instead.

"I also must admit that I've not been out to really explore the rest of this continent...I've stuck mostly in pack lands. Plus I'm not as young as I used to be, but I've not really tested my limits as of late." She nearly cringed at the idea that she was getting old. She knew she was, and she knew she'd die at some point...but for now, she tried to keep as healthy as she could. Until her crippling depression hit again, but she didn't think about that at all right now. Right now, she was focused on him.

"TAWK"

Art||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!