size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Tealah

Treat 2019
10-28-2017, 04:17 PM
Apollo strode to the edge of the canyon's territory and stopped, his grayed nose visibly working at sorting out the scents that criss-crossed this obvious border. It wasn't a pack... but it was clear that guests were unwanted. A faint smile twitched at the phantom's muzzle. Yes, this was indeed where his esteemed littermate had chosen to ensconce the family. There were other scents as well, though not as many as he had expected to find given how many had left the family's former dwelling place. One of his other littermates, Pyralis... he sighed internally but accepted that... several of Amon's children, and several other scents he did not recognize but knew as 'family'. Many of the scents still had that unformed scent that shouted 'pup', though none young enough to still hold the milk-scent of the unweaned.

Even though he was family, Apollo was not foolish enough to intrude unrecognized into an established Abraxas territory. It would be all too easy to find himself ambushed before he was recognized, and he had no interest in harming one of his blood unless it was necessary. So instead he settled his pale, sleek frame back onto his haunches with graceful dignity, and raised his muzzle to call out in his deep, deep voice for any of his family who happened to be patrolling, or simply nearby. It would be better to announce himself in this way rather than being forced to sit on some overenthusiastic younger Abraxas who couldn't remember him.

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipDouble MasterLegendaryPride - BisexualAuster Explorer
Treat 2019Famous
10-28-2017, 05:08 PM
Chasing Twisters In The Canyon

At last she would have a day where it wasn't raining. Spring had swept into Auster, bringing with it rains that had revived the river but also turned her usual trails to muddy slush. Pyralis enjoyed the rain, to an extent, it had brought out the vibrant hues of the canyon walls and she rather enjoyed the sound but enough was enough! Her prayers were answered in the morning and by late afternoon her favorite sunning spot was nice and dry and so she stretched herself along it with her back to the sun and her belly on warm stone. Ahhh… bliss.

Pyralis lay stretched out for hours until the sun was just beginning to disappear behind the canyon walls. When a faintly familiar howl rang out her head jerked up and she blinked for a moment wondering if she'd dreamed the sound. Was that Apollo? It had seemed like ages! Grinning she got to her feet, shaking sleep from her body as easily as she shook dust from her coat. She picked her way towards the source of the call and soon enough she could see the pale form of her brother Apollo. Oh this was going to be fun! Amon, Pyralils, Apollo. The three musketeers back together again.

Her grin turned mischievous as she put on a burst of speed, barreling straight toward her brother, her dark pelt melting into the canyon shadows as she attempted to tackle him from behind, aiming to drape her forelegs over his shoulders. Successful or not she yelled. "Boo!"

My Cathedral Is The Badlands

Please note that Pyralis is a ghost. It is up to you to decide what level your chars can see/hear her. She was killed by having her throat ripped apart. At times the wound may be visible and be actively bleeding.

Hear ye!  Hear ye! Beware her Ladyship, her Excellence (etc. ad infinitum), Captain Pyralis Abraxas.  Thread with at yer own risk!  This cutthroat savage stands accused though not convicted of heinous crimes including murder, maiming, brawling, cursing, kidnapping and an unspeakable event involving a newt, two coyotes and a distressed potoo.  Ye've been warned!

Amon

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Fox

Famous
10-28-2017, 06:06 PM

Amon was well adjusted to days not turning out quite as he might have hoped or suspected. In fact, he rarely suspected a day to play out as planned. This extended to guessing that his brother might have turned up unannounced at the canyon's edge. He had not expected it, but this did not mean that Amon reacted with any less jubilance as the howl echoed about between the canyon's earthen walls. He had not seen Apollo in many moons, and was astounded to know that the male had found his way here. Still, the howl was unmistakable, and Amon surged to his feet.

He rushed towards the sound of it's origin, but was ultimately unsurprised to find Pyralis there already. The pale man stood out amongst his siblings, looking remarkably like Amon's own son, Gaios, echoing of Malleus and Astaroth and Lilith as well except paler yet. Amon, overcome by jubilance he rarely experienced, galloped forward as well. He saw Pyralis rear up and attempt to grapple their sibling, causing him to smile. Grown as they may be, youthful habits never truly faded. "I didn't expect to find your corpse dragging itself ashore of these lands," Amon said by way of greeting. "But I'm glad it did. How has the last year fared for you?" Amon asked, a dose of civility beside their wild sister. Fallen God's mercy, it was good to see the unfamiliar face of their brother again. In the back of his mind, Amon wondered what had brought Apollo to their lands, but he supposed he would find out in time.

"Talk" "You" Think

Amon is prone to foul language, insulting comments, and the occasional act of violence.
His children are welcome in any and all of his threads!

Apollo

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Tealah

Treat 2019
11-10-2017, 06:40 PM
He should not have been surprised to feel the sudden weight of a body bearing down upon his shoulders, sending his forelegs skidding wide and forward to take the extra weight without falling onto his nose, nor the voice shouting exuberantly in his ear. He could only wince, closing his eyes and splaying his ears, and rumble out a tolerant sigh. "Good evening to you as well, Pyralis," he finally managed after a moment to compose himself.

It was his elder brother's voice that opened his sun-gold eyes - surprisingly similar to Pyralis' despite the obvious differences between them - and Apollo peered out from beneath his sister's limbs with a faintly flustered air. "It is good to see you well," he greeted his brother. "Things have been... well enough, for me, though our father's leadership had begun to pall on me for some time. I was of a mind to seek you out and join you here, if you'd have me at your side."

He sent a quizzical glance out over the canyon, eyes searching for more movement. Had the attrition rate among those who had followed Amon been so high? Surely not. "I must admit I expected more of our family to have been about. Few remained with Father when I'd taken my leave. Yet they do not appear to investigate a call upon your borders?"

Malleus

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

Critical Hit!
11-10-2017, 09:41 PM
He arrived just in time to catch Apollo's query, but was distracted from the question by the weird positioning of his aunt and uncle. Was he surprised? Nope, not even a little. Pyralis was...well, Pyralis. For all he knew she was reenacting some conquest of hers.

The giant glided closer, but didn't leap into the conversation as his aunt had. For now he was content to stand on the fringe and observe. He gave his uncle a welcoming nod. "Uncle Apollo," he rumbled. "I'm glad you've decided to join us. We could use some sobriety here," he teased softly, his gaze nowhere near Pyralis but nonetheless implicitly directed at her and her mischief.

Malleus has a barbary macaque companion named Pascal. Unless he is mentioned IC it's safe to assume he's not with Malleus.

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipDouble MasterLegendaryPride - BisexualAuster Explorer
Treat 2019Famous
11-12-2017, 04:20 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2017, 04:51 PM by Pyralis.)

Pyralis grinned as her pounce was successful, allowing her weight to shift onto her brother.  Amon appeared as well though that didn't surprise her.  He was vigilant as always, and not far behind him was Malleus.  Reaching out to give Apollo a lick on the cheek she slipped off him to go stand next to Amon, tail wagging lightly until Apollo mentioned their family.  Her tail stilled and she sighed. "Yes, it's been to quiet lately.  We've been moving far to slow and I fear our family is starting to lose interest in our conquest."  Of course she hadn't helped matters by getting pregnant but now that her pups were practically yearlings she was ready to make some bold moves. "I think we need to start making some bold moves. I believe Amon has something in mind?" She glanced to her brother.  He'd be the best to fill their late arrival in.

Please note that Pyralis is a ghost. It is up to you to decide what level your chars can see/hear her. She was killed by having her throat ripped apart. At times the wound may be visible and be actively bleeding.

Hear ye!  Hear ye! Beware her Ladyship, her Excellence (etc. ad infinitum), Captain Pyralis Abraxas.  Thread with at yer own risk!  This cutthroat savage stands accused though not convicted of heinous crimes including murder, maiming, brawling, cursing, kidnapping and an unspeakable event involving a newt, two coyotes and a distressed potoo.  Ye've been warned!

Amon

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Fox

Famous
11-14-2017, 11:03 PM

Amon absorbed the knowledge that his father's leadership and reputation continued to fade with a grim nod. It was not the first time he had heard it, and it would not be the last. He had recently begun to formulate a plan, one he would have to consider more carefully, but it would do no harm to begin speaking of it now. He began with a rumbling sigh, an obvious sign of his disappointment and displeasure. "The old man has been the source of some concern for a time now. I've begun to think a visit home may be in order. I'll not have him sullying our name, nor churning out filth with whatever mortal slut he happens to take a fancy to." Whether he would be free to handle the matter himself, as he wished to, would largely depend on the coming season.

News that his brother intended to stay and aid them was enough to lift his mood considerably. His brother was level headed, with the a strategic mind and a keen intellect. His presence would be a much needed balance for the family's... current state. "Of course. You know there is always a place for you wherever we are," he said with sincerity. Amon considered his family his kingdom, whether they had conquered the lands yet or not. Apollo's presence would only seek to further their efforts. His son arrived to greet Apollo as well, and Amon gave the younger male a fond nod. He was glad to see at least one of his children present.

Pyralis spoke, saying that their number seems weaker than they had been initially. Amon could not help but agree, even though it lowered his spirits a bit to say to. He had yet to meet an Abraxas who was not keen to discover, to conquer, but it certainly had not made them patient. "I am certain once things begin to move in earnest they will return," he rumbled, voice low with quiet anger. He had hoped for more from many of them, and had altered his opinions of many in their absence. "And that time draws nearer and nearer by the day. You arrival is actually quite fortuitous, brother." He smiled easily, knowing it was the truth. Yes, the Fallen God had promised him great things, and the time to realize them was practically close enough to taste.

"Talk" "You" Think

Amon is prone to foul language, insulting comments, and the occasional act of violence.
His children are welcome in any and all of his threads!

Apollo

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Tealah

Treat 2019
12-08-2017, 11:00 AM
"It may be for the best," he agreed morbidly with Amon, gold eyes slitting thoughtfully. Despite the godblood they all shared, their mortal forms were prone to failure eventually. Even they could sicken, grow old, die, and the old man had already been shown to pass on madness to some of his children. Who knew what manner of creatures he could sire as age and infirmity of mind and body began creeping in?

Apollo glanced over at the third Abraxas to speak, his cool expression showing interest at the prime young male who'd appeared. "Malleus, is it? You've done a bit of growing up since I saw you last, boy. A fine example of an Abraxas." He gave a short, sharp nod as he spoke the words. Yes, he approved of this one. Amon's eldest, if he remembered correctly. It seemed at least one of the litter was shaping up as an asset to the family, even if none of the boy's siblings had come to investigate. Perhaps Amon had sent them out on missions of their own.

Or perhaps not.

He listened with a grim neutrality as his siblings explained the situation. The disinterest displayed, the wandering. He made a deep rumble, a thoughtful sound, but for a moment that was all the reply he made. Surely if they had been so... bored, the others of the Abraxas brood could have simply spoken with Amon about this, or sought to actively make a name for themselves, rather than simply disappearing. The situation stank alarmingly of something worse. Perhaps their father had been too lax in demanding loyalty, too ready to allow selfishness to creep in so that his children cared not for the family above themselves, but rather themselves above their family.

"I shall look forward to every moment of it," he finally promised with a faint rumble that may have been a chuckle. "And we shall see if your plans finally bring our other relatives crawling to support you from where they hide now." His voice cooled considerably upon his second sentence, and he wondered if he would need to drag them into line by their ears and smack them around until they stood at the ready for their new patriarch's words.

Malleus

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

Critical Hit!
12-09-2017, 03:17 PM
"Malleus, is it?" He nodded, not at all surprised his uncle hadn't recognized him immediately given the size of their family and the time that had passed since they'd been together. His uncle looked him over and then parted with a compliment. Malleus wasn't the tallest or the strongest of his litter, and perhaps it was vanity on his part, but the recognition that he was the embodiment of the Abraxas ideals filled him with no small amount of pride. It was something he strove for and had devoted his life to; that his uncle seemed to recognize that caused the younger Abraxas' heart to swell with pride.

He listened intently as the elder Abraxas' exchanged words. Malleus agreed with what was being said and found himself nodding firmly here and there when a particular point struck home. He had half a mind to go looking for his siblings. Sure, it was a little hypocritical given that he himself had been absent until recently, but he was with the horde now and they still weren't. Perhaps that was a discussion he could have with his father later.

Malleus has a barbary macaque companion named Pascal. Unless he is mentioned IC it's safe to assume he's not with Malleus.

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
12-16-2017, 09:50 PM

Pyralis didn't care much to think on their father. She'd butted heads with him from the moment she could speak and the two had come to blows more often than she could count. He wanted order and discipline and she was chaos and rebellion personified. Had it not been for her exceptional skill in battle she had no doubt that she would have been slain with her other unfortunate siblings who were deemed unworthy.

"A visit home?" She gazed seriously at Amon. It had been a long time since she'd considered that place home, taking her freedom the first change she got and never looking back. Yet, Amon had a point. Perhaps it was time to put an end to the past and bring the remnants of what was left into a newer, and brighter, future.

She grinned at Apollo and nodded. Yes, he could be a little stern at times but she liked having his sharp mind around. He was an incredible fighter and an extraordinary asset to their plans. "Well, I think you've had a long journey Apollo. Let's get you settled in, would you like a tour of the canyon?"