gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
12-03-2017, 06:52 PM

There had been plenty of time for physical and emotional wounds to heal and Frost had made it his mission to ensure that Torin's ambition and drive hadn't been crushed. They had a great spar, but the older man felt Torin could go places, but he needed to train and even a mentor if Torin had wanted. Frost knew he was aging and that he may only have this rank a few years before he wanted to retire. While helping Rory lead why not help the next successor prepare to stand at Rory's side?

After his morning rounds Frost had turned and headed back towards the dens hoping to find Torin there, if not the man would simply try to track him hoping he wouldn't mind talking to him. His tall, long legs carried him on a wide stride covering ground a lot faster then most would. He was soon close to the dens and slowed his pace down, nose twitching as he looked for Torin's den. Picking through the scents until he was able to pick out the male he searched for. Once he found it he fallowed it.

He fallowed it until he found it the strongest, standing outside of the den.

"Torin?" he called from outside the male's den.

"Talk" | 'Think'

Art by Antubis0

Torin

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
12-05-2017, 01:55 AM (This post was last modified: 08-28-2020, 01:34 PM by Torin.)

The young Adravendi was spending a rare moment secluded in his own den. Not that he had been any more social than usual but simply that he had been doing his best to make his presence known and felt lately. His ego was bruised but he wasn't going to let his failure drive him into hiding, quite the opposite in fact, he was more determined than ever to prove himself.

But even an ambitious wolf needed some time to himself, and Torin had always needed time to think, more so than any of his family it seemed.

Seemed he wouldn't have much choice though as he heard Frostbite call for him. Turning he could make out the older male's paws and legs beyond the mouth of his den. He silently slid from the shadows of his den and rose to his full height. Shaking the dirt from his pelt he took a moment to let his sight adjust to the sudden sunlight.

"Frostbite." He rumbled, a simple greeting. He would wait quietly then, observing the Kaliq with the barest hint of curiosity upon his face.

"Silent Treatment" & Deep thoughts

Image by Hagon

Frostbite

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
12-10-2017, 06:58 PM

He didn't have to wait long and the younger male was indeed home He slithered from the shadows of his den and Frost smiled to him as he greeted him. None of the spar was meant in an ill way, but he knew how it felt to be in Torin's position, one he had been in when he was around his age. He just feared that Torin's pride was hurt enough that he may forget his hopes and dreams. With Faite still gone Frost felt he should at least offer to try and teach Torin so that when the day came that he would want to step down Rory would have someone ready and prepared for the position.

"Bruises and such all healing well?" he asked. "That was a great spar have you been practicing?"

He knew that Torin was more of a quiet male, but Frost wasn't quite sure how the male felt about everything. He had never been real good at reading emotions either. He was just trying to start off by gauging how Torin was gonna be towards him.

"Talk" | 'Think'

Art by Antubis0

Torin

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
12-17-2017, 11:50 PM (This post was last modified: 08-28-2020, 01:35 PM by Torin.)

Torin was anything but discouraged, in fact his ambitions were further fueled, he’d failed and all that meant was that he needed to work to get even better. Not that his pride wasn’t wounded though, no that he would be nursing for weeks to come. Not that’d he’d let it show to the older male who had bested him. Instead he gave an impassive nod as Frostbite asked about his injuries. He was still sore from time to time but for the most part he’d found the care of the pack’s healers to be sufficient in helping to get him back on his paws quickly.

He nodded again at the question about his practicing. "Figured I could do with some training." Was the answer he’d give, paired with a noncommittal shrug. He looked at Frostbite again, wondering if that was all the male had wanted to ask about. "Was there something I could help you with?" He rumbled, as politely as he could. His own personal feelings about his failings hadn’t changed his opinion on the older male, Frostbite had earned his rank just as much as Torin had fought for it so for those reasons he was worthy of the boy’s respect.

Image by Hagon

Frostbite

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
12-18-2017, 10:54 AM

He seemed okay, a relief to the older male. He wanted to help as much as he could before his age would begin to catch up to him and the fact that Rory had been fine with Torin moving into the Heir position Frost felt that Rory wanted Torin to be the next one to rule at his side. Then Torin asked if there had been something he wanted to see him for and his quietly nodded his head.

"I'd like to offer my knowledge & training to help you become the next Kaliq. I don't know when Faite will return and if your willing I'd be up for teaching you so you are prepared. I may have not been leader of the pack, but I was the head of my family's clan before I left and sometimes traveling like we did gives you some of the best knowledge," he stated.

But what if he didn't want to accept Frost's offer? Well Frost would be okay with that and just hoped that Torin could learn things on his own and be prepared enough when the time came. Frost still had hopes of having children with Star to complete his little family before he grew to old.

"Talk" | 'Think'

Art by Antubis0

Torin

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
12-20-2017, 02:28 PM (This post was last modified: 01-23-2021, 08:29 PM by Torin.)

Frostbite spoke, explaining his reason for seeking out the boy and Torin nodded as he spoke. "I’d be honored to learn anything you wish to teach me. " He dipped his head slightly as he spoke. It was the truth, he had no intentions of sitting idly in his rank. He was supposed to learn all he could to prepare for the day he might inherit the pack and he certainly had no intentions of turning down a good faith offer. He idly wondered if the older man meant to begin now or not, Torin waited patiently to find out, his mind wandering.

The mention of his mother had once more hit a bit of a nerve, though he hadn’t let it show. He still didn’t know how she might have felt about all this. Would she have been proud?

Image by Hagon

Frostbite

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
01-08-2018, 10:42 AM

The male smiled, relieved that Torin was accepting his offer. His tail wagged lightly and he let the gears within his mind begin to turn. What should they start with? When should they start? So many questions swirled within his mind so he had to get his thoughts sorted out and he had to get a plan in place He was sure the basics had already been picked up by Torin, but he wasn't completely sure. So maybe they should just start with the basics and go from there?

To many options, maybe he needed to collect his thoughts first and then get started. That was it, he would need to gather his thoughts and make a mental list then get started. He would have things done by tonight, he would start with a simple border patrol first and then go from there.

"Alright let's meet tonight after the moon appears and we will start with a patrol, we will do more of the traveling tasks when spring comes." he said with a smile.

"Talk" | 'Think'

Art by Antubis0