In The Desert You Can Remember Your Name

Rhoglii

gems
size
build
player
12-05-2017, 09:55 PM
---

Night had fallen, the sun had ticked down below the horizon and the land was in relative quiet. What little warmth the sun had provided had been sucked away when it went away to be replaced by the moon. It wasn't helping that the small she-wolf walked in a close proximity to the river, allowing the wind to sweep the cold from the surface across her fur and chill her body. She shivered, wondering how far this river went and if she would find a place to settle in for the night.

Golden eyes ranged across the shadowy landscape before her before landing upon a peculiar sight. There seemed to be a bit of... glowing. Curious she picked up her gait from a walk to a trot and headed for it, hopeful that this interesting thing would grant her shelter.

It did.

Before her lay a yawning cavern with what she could now see were glowing bits of mushroom that clung to the walls. It wasn't exactly the best thing for her but it would do for tonight. Not to mention the ambiance was absolutely gorgeous. Never before had she seen such a thing as glowing mushrooms and it warmed her frozen heart. She found a place to lie down that was far enough from the entrance to keep the wind from chilling her while she allowed herself to look at the sight overhead. She smiled, pleased that she'd come here though she couldn't help the tinge of loneliness and homesickness that struck her heart then. How she wished her family could see this as well... but they were many miles away and she probably would never see them again.

Her head lowered as she dropped her golden gaze to the ground, thinking of memories as well as what they would say if they were here now.

307| Torin | notes

"I Speak!"
I Think...

Wolf by Khalliysgraphy | Textures by Javajunkie247
Table by Plymouth

Torin

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
12-07-2017, 12:25 AM (This post was last modified: 08-28-2020, 01:40 PM by Torin.)

He probably should not have been out in the desert past sun down, but then when had he made good decisions lately? The air was cooling quickly, the heat from the sand quickly dissipating. The chill of winter could be felt on the dry and Torin was grateful for his thick coat. It was almost unbearable in the summer but now in winter and at night he could only be thankful.

Still he'd likely need to find some shelter soon, traveling back to the pack lands at night was even too dumb for him to consider so he was on the lookout for some place he could just slip into and rest for a few hours before he could head out again in the morning.

A glow caught his eye and he almost unconsciously altered his trajectory and was pulled towards the light. It was coming from a hole in the ground and Torin was silently thankful. He lowered himself down to the mouth of the cave, he was about halfway through when his sight adjusted and he suddenly realized he wasn't alone. Torin froze suddenly unsure what to do.

"Silent Treatment" & Deep thoughts

Image by Risketch

Rhoglii

gems
size
build
player
12-07-2017, 04:13 PM
---

With her head lowered to the ground it was becoming harder and harder for her to resist the call of sleep. The pictures dancing behind her eyes were becoming more and more sporadic as she became more and more tired. It was only the scratch of claws on earth that made her eyes snap open and her senses to be on full alert. Her head raised up as she saw the silver wolf creeping into her softly lit resting ground. Rhoglii didn't even have time to rise to her paws or ask him what he was doing before he was standing there at the entrance.

He hadn't tried to attack her or even sneak up on her so he probably hadn't even known she was here. Was this his home? Was she intruding? She hadn't smelled anything so surely not... Perhaps this was just a coincidence. "Uhm, hey there..." The uncertainty in her voice was palpable. He seemed more unsure than anything but she didn't know if he could suddenly snap or call in reinforcements.

Quickly she shifted up o a sitting position to be more prepared if a sudden attack was launched against her. "I didn't take your home... did I?" Had to cover all the bases, right?

209| Torin | notes

"I Speak!"
I Think...

Wolf by Khalliysgraphy | Textures by Javajunkie247
Table by Plymouth

Torin

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
12-18-2017, 12:12 AM (This post was last modified: 08-28-2020, 01:39 PM by Torin.)

He stood there, nearly frozen as he pondered what exactly it was he should be doing. Luckily she chose to speak first, a cautious greeting. He gave an awkward dip of his head in return. She shifted into a sitting position and he watched her, still wide eyed and frozen in place. She spoke again and finally the cogs in Torin’s head seemed to kick into gear. "Oh uh- No. I ah- I’ll just find somewhere else." He declared the last statement with as much confidence as he could muster.

He began to backup then, awkwardly pulling himself out of the cavern entrance his mind racing to remember if he’d seen another cave or even an abandoned den earlier. He really didn’t want to be caught out in the cold desert night for too long.

"Silent Treatment" & Deep thoughts

Image by Risketch