Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
02-27-2018, 12:45 PM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2018, 11:01 PM by Derecho.)

Dark fur and hot sunshine didn’t mix vary well. Most of her activities had shifted to nighttime and during the day she would seek shelter from the sun. Inline her mother she had a lot more dark fur then the silver fur which made her more uncomfortable in the summertime. It was early evening before she began to stir under the comfortable shade of the orchard, light rumbling in the distance and the smell of rain was strong. It would rain this evening and it would feel so good to her. Her silvery blue eyes looked to the distance where the clouds were coming from, curiously watching the movements. She didn’t move yet choosing to wait until the sun was lower and things would begin to cool.

She had been on her own for some time now, being lost from her family when she was young she was forced to grow on her own when she was unable to find the way home. She didn’t blame her family, or herself instead viewed it as a sort of fate for her. Endless knowledge to absorb she felt she had gained so much more then she could have in Abaven. She felt it made her a better person, a more intelligent being. She shifted her posistion as she made herself comfortable, waiting for the right time to come out from under her shade tree.

"Derecho Talk", & 'Derecho Think"

Torin

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
03-04-2018, 10:32 PM (This post was last modified: 08-28-2020, 01:57 PM by Torin.)

I've learned to slam on the break before I even turn the key,
before I make the mistake,
before I lead with the worst of me.

Torin had wandered for the first time since Jewell's kids had been born. For a while he had sequestered himself in the pack lands. He was fiercely protective of his sister and her new brood and had used that as an excuse to not leave. That was only partially the truth though as he had found himself once more alone, Jen had left to... well who knew where and while he tried not to be to angry he couldn't help but feel disappointed... She had seemed a singularly unique individual, a wolf who understood him and his solitude on a level he and his siblings had never shared. If he had been more aware he would have also known he had started to develop feelings for her, but as it was the young Adravendi was left to wonder why it hurt so much to think of her.

Torin shook his head, trying to clear the woman from his mind. It seemed, to him at least, that he was doomed to never understand women. They seemed to like to get in close just to pull away again, and he wasn't sure why he had let it happen again; the first time had hurt enough.

No! From now on he wasn't going to let them toy with him. He'd be reserved, distant. It wasn't what he wanted but it was what he'd have to do to protect himself.

The rumbling of distant thunder drew Torin's attention skyward as he paced through the orchard trees. It reminded him of the day his nieces and nephews had been born, and a small smile pulled across his face at the thought of them.

"Silent treatment" & Deep thoughts

Image by Lynx!

Derecho

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
03-15-2018, 10:44 PM

Once the clouds were fully overhead and covered the sun she felt safe enough to come out of her cover. Standing she stretched herself out before shaking her dark colored coat free from sticks and dirt. Another distant rumble of thunder sounded and she smiled slightly bringing her thoughts back to her mother. It had been so long since she had seen her mother, but no matter how much traveling she still hadn't found where home was. She prayed that she could one day see her mother's face again and hoped she was fairing well. Looking up to the darkening sky before she began to trot forward. Her silver-blue eyes looked around not really knowing what she would be getting into this evening, but she always managed to find something so she had no worries about that.

She would pause at a tree to stop and sniff at the fruit hanging from the limbs before going to a different tree. Checking things out and curious at the fruit that was on the trees. She wondered if maybe any of these fruits could be used for anything useful, any new healing remedies. It could be used for bait for some animals, but other then that she wasn't sure what else she could use it for. She moved on keeping her pace until a silvery grey form began to come into. She slowed her pace slightly, but the confident women had no problem approaching strangers. That would not change tonight either as she let out a light bark to let the stranger know of her approaching presence. Her tail wagged and her facial muscles relaxed to show she was no threat. He to seemed to be staring into the storm clouds making her smile a bit.

"Beautiful arn't they," she said when she was close enough, her own gaze drawing back to the sky as she slowed to a stop.

Torin

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
03-18-2018, 01:34 AM (This post was last modified: 08-28-2020, 01:57 PM by Torin.)

A soft bark told him of the approaching stranger, Torin surpressed a sigh. It seemed time alone would continue to evade him. Still he glanced back over his shoulder at the approaching woman.

She was pretty enough, blue eyes standing out against her darker pelt. He did not wag his tail in return, nor did a smile grace his features, though he wasn't outwardly hostile. She approached, speaking.

Torin turned his attention skywards again, watching the dark roiling clouds. He hadn't ever thought of them as anything but matter of fact if he was being honest. They were clouds and the darkness and heaviness of them meant they were likely to dump water over some part of the earth... Still he often found himself enjoying the sound of thunder, the feeling of being nice and dry and cozy in his den while it rained, the scent of petrichor gently tickling his senses.

"I suppose they are... In a way." He rumbled, deep voice soft as he kept his multicolored gaze on the clouds.

Image by Lynx!

Derecho

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
03-20-2018, 10:57 PM

The female took a seat, closing her eyes as her nose twitched away taking in the scent of the on coming rain. She loved the rain, the thunder, and the lightning. Tonight she was just happy that it was cooling down after such a hot day. It made it a lot more comfortable for the darker furred female to move around. She would be okay if the rain was light or steady, but if it dumped buckets then she probably wouldn't be moving around and would have to bed up somewhere.

Her right ear swiveled and pointed towards him as he spoke. His words were soft spoken and he didn't say much, which didn't really bother her at all. She opened her eyes and looked back up to the sky her silver blue eyes then falling from the sky and looking back to the male.

"Do you live around here or travel?" she quietly asked.

She didn't really catch his scent, so she hadn't been able to identify that he thrived within a pack. If he was from a pack maybe he would know how to get to Abaven, not that she wanted to go back, but she wanted to know how her family was doing.

Easter Bunny

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
Easter Bunny
03-21-2018, 01:05 PM

The Easter Bunny hops on by!

On her way through, she drops an egg at the paws of Torin.

Torin

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
04-10-2018, 05:24 PM (This post was last modified: 08-28-2020, 01:57 PM by Torin.)

It almost felt as if he was hyper aware of her presence, even as they waited in perfect silence he was aware he wasn't alone which was enough for her presence to feel heavy; Torin wasn't sure he had always felt this way with strangers or if it was only now due to his wariness. Would he have felt so much like a live wire if she had been a male instead? Maybe he was simply becoming too sensitive. Then again he'd never been too keen on strangers anyways.

She spoke again and Torin pondered for a moment how much to say, that he was from Lirim was an obvious answer, if she had missed his pack scent then it'd be obvious enough if she took even a few more steps forwards. "Not here exactly," he spoke, his voice still soft; not really wanting to break the peace of the night air, "I belong to a pack to the west of here called Lirim." He paused for a moment, finally giving her one more glance over his shoulder. "What about you?" The man couldn't suss out any pack scent from her own fur, in fact she seemed to lack many scents of any other wolves on her pelt at all. Maybe she was a wanderer new to these lands then? Torin couldn't even begin to imagine, he had been born here after all; and frankly he expected to die without ever setting paw off continent.

Image by Lynx!

Derecho

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
04-10-2018, 09:25 PM

He still seemed fairly quiet and she was a bit worried that she may have invaded some personal alone time for him, but she couldn’t help it. She loved how her life of a loner was, all except one thing. The loneliness was hard to bare sometimes, more then she cared to admit. She missed the company of others and being surrounded by those who cared. She defiantly missed her family more then anything, but it was difficult to know which way was once her home. Her silver blue eyes looked to the distant sky watching the lighting zip through the clouds. His words were spoken in soft tones as if he wanted the quiet of the night.

Lirim was not a pack she had heard of and she didn't know where it was located. Maybe it was nearby? She didn't know for sure, maybe she would have to do some exploring this week and find where this pack was located. Then he questioned her in return and her silver blue eyes looked to him.

"I havn't really lived in one place since I was a pup.... Abaven was it," she pondered a moment trying to remember if that was right. "I fell into the rapids and got washed away as a pup and havn't been able to find my way back since."

She shrugged lightly her words spoke as quietly as he done.

Torin

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
05-02-2018, 02:48 PM (This post was last modified: 08-28-2020, 01:58 PM by Torin.)

Despite his unease, despite how tense he felt he wasn't sure he was really all that put off by her. She wasn't intruding so much as having simply inserted herself almost naturally into the scene. That was probably the thing that struck him the most, she was slow and calm and the silence that stretch between them felt natural and not the awkward thing he was used to; the silence that demanded it be filled or things would degrade even further. Instead they would stand in silence between their sparse conversation and it felt natural.

She spoke and he listened patiently, she spoke of a pack he was aware of to the East and as she finished speaking he found words falling from his lips, things he had not planned to say but he vocalized regardless. "Do you want to go back?" He rumbled, avoiding her gaze. "I could take you there is you wanted."

What was he doing? He had a pack of his own to look after and yet here he is, offering to trek halfway across the continent to help a total stranger. That was so him, so willing to throw himself at anyone who could use his help without thinking through the consequences.

Image by Lynx!

Derecho

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
05-03-2018, 10:00 PM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2018, 11:02 PM by Derecho.)

She could sense he wasn't at ease, but naturally like her mother would have she just remained calm, gave things time. She would certainly leave if it was requested or she would stay if he continued to talk. She wouldn't force him into being social if he didn't want to be. She was at ease sitting quietly also and would let her mind get occupied with the oncoming storm. Being a loner had taught her to find comfort and peace in the quiet, to not be so desperate for company from others that she would turn into an annoying monster. It helped her to learn to easily let go, especially if another didn't want to give her the time of day. It was how her life was, people come and go and there was no guarantee that they will stick around. This man was no exception, they were still strangers and there was nothing to attach herself to him.

He suddenly spoke up asking if she wanted to go back and she hesitated for the slightest moment. Just as she went to drop her mouth open to speak he continued on, offering to guide her there. Her brows furrowed as she looked at the man, surprised he would offer such a thing. He didn't seem to want to talk, yet he was offering to take her back home. His gaze was averted and she wondering what exactly was going on in his mind. She looked back up to the sky as she pondered over it a minute. To just go back and let them know she was alive and well would be enough, she didn't want to go back to stay. Could she really bug him to take her back with however far it was of a travel. No she couldn't possibly do that, she didn't want to be a pest.

She shook her head and looked back at the ground before her gaze went to him.

"I don't want to trouble you at all. A simple pointing in the right direction would be plenty and greatly appreciated," she replied, her gaze soft and appreciative for the offer.

Torin

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
05-05-2018, 12:25 PM (This post was last modified: 08-28-2020, 01:58 PM by Torin.)

She seemed genuinely surprised by his offer, which probably made sense. He wasn't exactly the most open or welcoming wolf.  In truth he was almost as surprised by his own offer; not that he'd show it. No, the man kept a stoic look on his face, though he still refused to look at her proper. No doubt she'd have worries, he was a stranger and one she'd only just met; he probably looked suspicious.

She spoke, it wasn't an outright rejection... it was an out. She was giving him a way to gracefully back out of his offer without feeling like he'd gone back on his word. She was giving him an out. And like the fool he was he'd reject it.

Torin shook his head, this time lifting his gaze to meet her's as he spoke again. "It's no trouble." Which wasn't exactly true. He had other things he needed to do, a whole pack he was dedicated to and yet... well he was a fool who couldn't say no to a wolf in need. "I'd prefer to know you made it back, don't want you getting swept away again." His baritone had the barest hint of a teasing tone and he gave her a slight smile.

I'm Torin Adravendi." He rumbled, realizing they had yet to exchange names.

Image by Lynx!

Derecho

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
05-05-2018, 09:16 PM

She never would have thought he would insist on his offer and honestly she didn't want to be rude. He declined it making her brows furrow as her silver blue eyes looked to him. She didn't understand why a complete stranger would be willing to help her out like this. In her time of travel she hadn't ran into someone like him and in a way it did in fact worry her. Although it also perked her curiosity, making her wonder more about what made him tick. She looked over his face and it eyes, not getting any sense of ill intent behind his offer. He insisted that it was no trouble and her tail wagged lightly. Then his slightly teasing words and the slight smile on his face made a small smile of her own spread on her face. He then introduced himself to her and she smiled dipping her head lightly.

"Derecho Wreckage, It's a pleasure to meet you Torin," she replied.

Since he wanted to take her back she was curious to know when to start? With a storm approaching she wasn't sure if starting their trip right now was the best idea. Though spending the night under shelter with a near stranger may not not be something he was willing to do. If that was the case then they would need a plan or a place of meeting. Suddenly she felt her mind buzzing with excitement and with fear with heading back home.

"If you don't mind me asking..... When exactly would you like to start the trip," she asked.

"Derecho Talk", & 'Derecho Think'

Torin

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
05-08-2018, 02:21 AM (This post was last modified: 08-28-2020, 01:58 PM by Torin.)

Torin blinked as she introduce herself, his smile growing and becoming a bit more genuine. "Any relation to Frostbite Wreckage?" he asked with a tinge of genuine curiosity. It seemed unlikely that there was many Wreckage families with no connection... but then he supposed there were likely a decent number of Adravendi's out there he didn't know.

Her next question caught him off guard and for a moment the man glanced out at the stormy sky. He was a loss, he certainly didn't want to be gone from Lirim for too long and he certainly didn't want to force a stranger to spend the night with him, on the other hand he didn't want to make her wait too long or go home and risk forgetting all together...

The man pondered in silence for a good few minutes before his mind stumbled upon a potential idea... how would she feel about it though? That last time he'd offered this option to someone it had been-

Torin frowned, shaking the images of the yellow eyed girl from his mind. Taking a few deep breaths he finally fixed his gaze back on Derecho and he spoke, his words chosen carefully.

"Lirim has a rank that's meant to be temporary, normally for housing travelers or injured wolves who need tending too but may not be sticking around permanently." He watched her face carefully as he spoke, trying to gauge her reaction. "If you wanted too you come back to my pack with me tonight-" His eyes grew wide for a moment as he realized what it sounded like he was saying. He quickly tried to cover his embarrassment. "You'd have a den you could sleep in all to yourself. Then we could head out to Abaven whenever you were ready." Then the ball would be in her court, she could maybe meet up with Frost, have a small family reunion and when she got to return to her own home would be totally in her paws.

Image by Lynx!

Derecho

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
05-08-2018, 08:41 AM

He brought up a name that was somewhat familiar to her and she had to dig within her mind to remember what her mother had said. She looked to the ground as she thought, digging through the memories of the early days when they were all younger. Her mother would always talk of their extended family, even when they were first born and unable to hear her. It had always been a lot of information for her tiny brain to hold at the time, but Storm had mentioned the name Frostbite several times. Along with the names Hail and Sleet Wreckage. Then it finally clicked and a smile spread across her face, a little excitement glimmered in her eyes before she looked back to him.

"Yes my mother told us as wee pups that Frostbite was one of our direct uncles, her younger brother. Does my Uncle live in your pack?" she replied.

What a small world! She would have never thought that she would be running into her uncle and here Torin knew of him. She would love to meet the older male. Torin then grew quiet and she noticed he looked as though he was thinking. It took a good amount of minutes before he looked back to her and began to speak offering a solution. He spoke of a temporary rank in his pack for those who may not permanently stick around in the pack and she was interested. She had two good reasons to go with him and though her heart didn't feel ready to be in a pack, what harm could it be to be in one for a little while. He offered to take her back there for the time being. A slight smile grew as she saw his eyes widen in embarrassment, but she didn't comment not wanting to upset him in anyway. It didn't take her long to make a decision.

"That sounds like a good plan it'll give me a little time to rest up before our trip. So we will head back to your pack for a few days and I'll let you know when I'm ready to travel to Abaven," she replied with a calm smile.

"Derecho Talk", & 'Derecho Think'

Torin

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
05-10-2018, 02:23 AM (This post was last modified: 08-28-2020, 01:58 PM by Torin.)

She spoke of her mother and confirmed his suspicions, Derecho asked about her uncle and Torin nodded. "Frostbite is currently the Kal- uh, the alpha of Lirim along with my brother Rory." He spoke the words with some amount of pride. He wouldn't mention his own rank for the time being; it had little importance in the current conversation and while Torin was certainly a proud wolf he wasn't prone to needless bragging.

Torin did his best to ignore her smile at his embarrassment, forging on with his suggestion, and then when it was all out he didn't have to wait long for her response. She agreed to his plan, giving him a smile; his own smile growing a bit bigger again. He cast his gaze towards the sky again, another ominous thunder clap rumbling through the sky and he took a moment to just breath.

"That way." He gestured with his muzzle back the way he'd come. "We'll have to pass through the desert a bit if you want to avoid the storm but it shouldn't be for too long." Normally he'd have skirted the harsher desert but if they wanted to be in Lirim with dens to huddle into before the skies opened up they'd have to take the less scenic route.

"Just follow me." He said, hoping to assure any misgiving she might have, though his words were a bit rough.

Torin, gave the sky one last cautious glance before he turned to lead the girl back towards Lirim.

-Exit-

Image by Lynx!