Ásvor

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Pride - LesbianBeeventVolcano
04-14-2018, 08:54 PM (This post was last modified: 04-14-2018, 09:17 PM by Nyx.)
It'd been far too long since Ásvor had felt any sort of true purpose. While part of her had grown used to this aimless sort of existence, another part of her felt frustrated. She felt like the Finnvi family were used to seeing signs from the gods to push them towards something, and she couldn't help but feel almost as though the gods had somehow forgotten about her. She had to keep telling herself they would show her the way, eventually, but believing that fully was another thing entirely. And as time went on, it only seemed to be getting more difficult..

Her pawsteps were quiet as she crept through the Mile-High Woods, not particularly interested in company today. The solitude of the forest was appreciated, and her mind wandered as she wove between the tall, gnarled trees. The season was shifting, frost lining the ground in early mornings and disappearing by mid-day, and Asvor knew winter would be upon the lands soon. Especially the northern part of Boreas, which never went without a harsh winter. The white-furred female exhaled quietly as she slowed her pace, ears swiveling as she picked up the sound of something nearby, and paused to look behind her to see what - or who - it might be.

Valdís

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantPride - LesbianCritical Hit!Treat 2019Promptober 2019
04-22-2018, 02:53 PM
black flowers blossom fearless on my breath

With nothing left for her in Auster, Valdís journeyed north to the lands that Ásvor's kin used to live near. Her hope was to find her friend Ásvor. She'd been speaking with loners, following scents and using the best of her tracking abilities to find the other but so far she wasn't having the best of luck. She'd been at it for weeks with few signs. She had been doing a lot of thinking as she'd been wandering and the life of a loner just wasn't for her. She wanted to be part of a pack, part of a band, even if it came with the pain of the pack eventually falling to ruin. She was hoping Ásvor might join her in the search though she did not know if the woman had rejoined her family.

She climbed upon a few low branches and stretched herself out to nap when she realized there was a familiar scent in the air. It couldn't be… She swiftly got to her feet and followed the scent to spy her friend nearby. Valdís smiled happily. "Ásvor it is good to see you! How are you?"

"Speech"

Ásvor

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

04-25-2018, 07:20 PM
Truthfully, Valdis was the last wolf that Ásvor expected to find here. It'd been so long that she'd seen her that she wasn't sure she would again until she ventured to the southern end of the continent. And since her interests were in finding something for her and Naudir to work toward, it'd hadn't been the right time to venture so far from home again. Slowly she turned to face the source of the sound, and her brows furrowed as she saw a flash of pale and darker grey fur heading in her direction. It too a moment for her to grasp who it was, but once she did, Ásvor's expression softened, and a true and steady smile engulfed her features.

"I'm even more glad to see you," she admitted earnestly, moving to greet Valdis with a gentle nudge to her shoulder before she stood a bit taller to get a better look at her. That former pack scent that she remembered noticing on Valdis's coat was gone now - had things really not worked out with this last place? It had sounded promising, from what Valdis had told her. "What brings you so far north? I'd say I'm surprised that you've found me, but... I can't say I really am." Asvor shrugged, certain that she didn't have to say that she knew Valdis was fully capable of whatever she set her mind to. She was simply glad that finding her had been on the agenda, and this much was obvious by the simple smile she wore.

Valdís

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantPride - LesbianCritical Hit!Treat 2019Promptober 2019
05-05-2018, 05:36 PM

After wandering so long it was a relief to see a familiar face, a face she could trust. She was always wary of other loners but she trusted Ásvor, well, she more than trusted her but she wasn't quite willing to admit that just yet. Really, she'd only spent time with the other woman on a few occasions and while she admitted there was an attraction there she couldn't bring herself to commit to it. Especially, since she was still coming to grips with the fact that she was attracted to another woman in the first place. Was that weird? Was something wrong with her.

"Well, I've struck out again. Talis was challenged for and Dragon lost so the pack fell. He says he still plans to restart it but so far I haven't seen any evidence of that and further more well… I've been thinking about you a lot lately. I figured that maybe the challenge was a sign that Talis isn't where I was meant to be. I remember you said you and your family tend to hang out in the North so I thought I'd come find you." Wow, she hoped that didn't sound to pathetic. "How is your family by the way?"

"Speech"

Ásvor

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

05-24-2018, 10:33 AM
There were very few wolves who could elicit such a genuine expression of happiness from her, but Valdis was one of them, without question. Though their friendship was a unique - they only saw one another every few seasons, at best - Asvor trusted her more than anyone, besides her family, and she doubted she would find another wolf she cared for quite the same way. She hadn't thought much about her feelings, though knew without a doubt that she would be happier if they met more often, and that her heart was heavy whenever they had to say their farewells.

Her explanation brought a slight frown to Asvor's face. It really did seem like her friend had bad luck in terms of stable homes, despite her own efforts - it clearly didn't matter how hard she trained and how far she rose of the packs all ceased to exist. Her brows furrowed in deep thought. "I'm sorry that happened," she offered gently. It was, perhaps, the first time she'd ever really apologized to anyone - and for something she had nothing to do with, no less. It didn't stop her from empathizing with her, though. She could relate to feeling as though nowhere was quite like home to her.  

Her next comment, though, took Asvor slightly by surprise. In a good way. The slight frown slowly relaxed into a faint smile, though she was still trying to wrap her mind around her friend's words. "I've been thinking about you quite a bit too," she admitted, more tentatively than she would've liked to. The extent of what Valdis was implying, though, she really wasn't sure. It wasn't like she was straight up saying she wanted to settle down somewhere here with her, but it seemed she was interested in staying - even if just temporarily. Right? "I like the sound of you being around more often," the Finnvi admitted with a slow grin. "The only family I've really seen lately is my sister, Naudir. We've been keeping an eye on the surrounding lands in hopes of finding something that piques our interest." What that something was, she really wasn't sure, but she know she'd be even happier with her uncertainty with Valdis nearby and not halfway across the continent. Her newfound joy was hard to contain, and the smile was visible in her gaze as she glanced at Valdis and then back to her surroundings, musing over this new revelation.

Valdís

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

05-28-2018, 06:29 PM

Valdís hoped that Ásvor had had better luck and that she and her family were able to get settled. She said she was sorry and Val nodded lightly. It was unfortunate but it was what it was. She couldn't do anything about it now. Her heart fluttered as Ásvor said she'd been thinking about Valdís to and she looked up to meet her ice blue gaze. Really? Ásvor had been thinking about her to? She could feel her stomach growing warm at the thought. Oh, no, was she getting embarrassed? Valdís felt herself grin slightly.

She nodded at the mention of Naudir. "Well, that was kind of my thinking to. Its been awhile since I've been up north. I wanted to see if any packs have formed up here since the last time I was here. Perhaps, you'd like to search with me?" She wanted to tell Ásvor how she felt but she just couldn't bring herself to do it. Not right now. Maybe when they found a pack and settled in she could find the courage to state her feelings.

"Speech"

Ásvor

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

06-15-2018, 07:18 AM
The Finnvi woman's mood was lifted almost instantaneously upon realizing Valdis wanted to remain in the north with her. She had a feeling that at least she could offer Valdis some stability, since she hadn't seemed to have much luck in that front in the past. Finding somewhere to settle in the north, with her and Valdis, sounded like quite the good plan indeed.

The grin she wore turned into something more like a simper, and her pleasure was visible in her eyes. "That sounds like a plan," Asvor agreed, nodding her head in agreement that she hoped didn't seem overly eager. "We better get going?" She cast Valdis a questioning look before heading in the direction she'd been going before, hoping they might find something of interest. If not, at least she had favorable company now, so she supposed her journey would be even more enjoyable than it had been before.

Valdís

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

06-16-2018, 05:02 PM

Valdís felt excitement lace down her spine as Ásvor agreed that her plan sounded like a good one. For the first time in awhile she felt like she knew where she was going and what she wanted to accomplish. It was good to have a plan and a direction ago. Even better to be seeking after the future with someone she cared about. She smiled. "Yes, let's get going!" She took off to the northeast. She didn't really have a reason for starting the journey in that direction but for once she didn't want to over analyze her decisions. Valdís felt like fate was on her side, at least for now. They'd figure something out.

-exit-

"Speech"