Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
05-25-2018, 02:11 PM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2020, 01:00 AM by Torin.)

So much, so so much had happened since bringing the young Wreckage back to the pack and it'd be a lie to say he hadn't thought on her too much in recent days, realistically he'd been given a portion of the alpha ship he'd been craving, he had found his missing nephews and gotten into a fight with his father that he could only think of having been a long time coming.

That didn't make him feel any better about neglecting to check in with Derecho, in his mind she was his responsibility. He had brought her to the lands and had promised to take her back to her home, no one else had agreed to shoulder these tasks; they were his.

So he would seek out the woman, doing his best to pick out her scent; which had already started to mingle and mix with the scents of the pack. The draping branches around him were bare, snow covering the ground. Torin wasn't sure he could a remember a winter this cold; they weren't deep in the desert but they usually got the benefit of the warmer climate; this also helped to mask the scent he was searching for. He was mostly just hoping to bump into her at this point.

"Silent Treatment" & Deep thoughts

Image by Hagon
[Image: jBaYOuX.png]
I just got back from moving, please help me catch up by dropping threads I owe here. <3

Derecho

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
05-29-2018, 12:25 AM

speech & thoughts

She had forgotten what it was like to be within a pack. To wake up every morning and to have others around you, to not have to worry about going without food or being attacked in the middle of night in your slumber. Though she had to admit it was overwhelming, especially with discovering her uncle. She was grateful for discovering more family, but it was adding to the overwhelming feeling. He had provided her meals and was constantly interested in her and her siblings. It was almost smothering, but he knew when to back off. She wasn't used to such attention and she hoped that the feelings would fade and that she would become used to it. With her decision to at least stay the winter so she hoped that she would quickly get used to her uncle's interest in her life.

Today she had managed to do some of her own hunting, able to provide her own food for once. It felt good to get back out in the field and be able to bring home supper on her own, provide for herself and feel satisfied with her work. The fluid movements of her legs carried her over the earth, heading towards a spot away from the den and a spot that was peaceful. She had found one spot, under a smaller willow right by a small stream of water. It was quiet and she felt it would be a good place to settle down, but before she could reach her destination, her silver blue eyes caught sight of the familiar grey form ahead. She couldn't help but smile when she saw him, the man who offered to help her out. Since her Uncle had been taking so much of her time she really hadn't thought of Torin's lack of appearance. Even if she did, she would have just assumed he was busy with his pack duties.

Picking up her pace she intercepted him. Grinning behind the fat hare she zipped right past him, her pace quick enough that they wouldn't collide. Past him she headed over to the spot she was looking to go and laid down her kill. She then turned herself around and walked back over to Torin with a smile.

"Hey," she called with a small smirk playing on her inky lips.

Art by Bleuzye

Torin

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
06-04-2018, 11:55 AM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2020, 01:02 AM by Torin.)

Torin spotted the woman as she approached, a rabbit dangling from her jaw and he expected her to maybe stop before him or well anything but move right past him. He stopped short as she moved right in front of him and moved off behind him, his brows lifting were the only outward sign of his reaction to her. He was suddenly unsure about approaching her, maybe she wanted to eat in peace and if he kept pushing after her right now he'd be encroaching on her comfort.

That thought was pushed from his mind though as Derecho reappeared before him, smiling and giving him a greeting. Despite himself a small smile pulled at his lips. "Hey." He parroted.

"I'm not interrupting anything am I?" He asked, casting a glance over his shoulder to where her kill was dropped. He certainly didn't want to push himself onto her if she might be uncomfortable with him being there right now.

Image by Hagon
I just got back from moving, please help me catch up by dropping threads I owe here. <3

Derecho

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
06-08-2018, 10:55 PM

speech & thoughts

Her tail wagged as she caught a smile spreading on his face before be replied back with his own greeting. He asked if he was interrupting and she looked back at her kill. She wasn't horribly hungry and it could easily wait till later. It had been more of a chance to be able to provide for herself rather then her uncle.

"Not a all, it's for later," she said with a softer smile.

Honestly she was glad if he would provide her with company for a while. It had been a little bit since she arrived here and she hadn't seen him since he brought her here. She wouldn't dare say anything about it, but she was really glad to see him again and of course talk to him.

"Plus company other then Uncle Frost would be refreshing for once," she joked with a grin.

It was true, all the spare time Frost had he seemed to be coming to spend it with her she didn't mind, but the sole attention from him was a bit smothering.

Art by Bleuzye

Torin

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
06-09-2018, 06:16 PM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2020, 01:03 AM by Torin.)

Her own happy demeanor helped to sooth him, it brought his own spirits up somewhat. His tail twitching slightly in response to her own tail wagging. She confirmed he wasn't interrupting anything and he nodded, his lips twitching into a smile again. He was glad.

She spoke of her uncle and Torin couldn't help but chuckle lightly. He had nothing but respect for the older man, he had done more than anyone should have ever asked him for after Rory had disappeared but Torin could also understand her feelings; since Stardust had gone missing he seemed lonelier than before. Torin had already spent much time following him around and learning so when that time increase it hadn't been quite so noticeable; he also had Jewell and her children he spent much of his time with so he didn't feel like Frostbite was the only one monopolizing on his time, but he could imagine that for the girl suddenly thrown into contact with her uncle it might be... a bit much.

"Well I'd be happy to provide that alternative if you'd have me." He spoke, his deep baritone smooth with a charm he didn't often muster. He gestured to the stream edge near where she'd dropped her kill with his muzzle. A clear invitation to settle on the banks of the water. "How are you settling in?" He asked. Torin hoped she was at least finding the pack life agreeable; he hadn't thought the pack hostile before but his father had proved him wrong and he meant to stand by what he'd said there. He wouldn't stand for anyone needlessly antagonizing anyone else.

He moved to sit beside the stream side, watching her the whole while. Some part of his mind was carefully reminding himself that in the end he couldn't commit to much to trying to making sure everything perfect for her; she was likely going to be returning to her proper home some time in the future.

That brought a sort of melancholy to his heart, which he knew was dumb. It was the way of his world, every stranger he'd ever connected with left eventually. At least this time he was aware it was going to happen; he'd have time to prepare to try and deal with the hole her leaving would leave in him.

Image by Hagon

Derecho

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
06-11-2018, 10:09 AM
He seemed to perk up a little with the smile that formed on his face, something that made her feel even higher spirited. So far Torin had been quieter then most she had met, but he was still more then willing to socialize with her. He Chuckled about her comment a slightly brighter smile stretching across her lips. She hoped that meant he knew where she was coming from. She could sense some of her uncle’s loneliness, but Frost had never disclosed to her what had happened and why he was feeling that way.in fact he had never even told her his feelings, but it was something Derecho could just pick up on him, maybe it was all the time he had been spending with her when his duties were complete. His comment made her smile, silver blue eyes growing a bit brighter.

”Of course I would have you,” she replied.

She moved towards the bank where he had gestured, glancing back to see if he was fallowing. His question made her tail wag again.

”Honestly.... Better then I had thought I would. Lirim is different from my birth pack... Different in a good way,” she said.

He had settled on the bank and she moved over to settle close to him, though respectfully giving space between the two of thier bodies. Looking to the stream for a few moments before looking back to him.

”How have your pack duties been,” he asked, curious about what all he had to do as far as duties.

Torin

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
06-11-2018, 02:20 PM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2020, 01:04 AM by Torin.)

Torin's brows shot up as she responded to his his offer; he supposed she had made it clear she was looking forwards to company outside of her uncle but the young Adravendi certainly didn't think himself all that interesting to talk too, although that may have had more to do with his awkwardness than anything in particular he had to say.

Still he watched as she moved off to the stream side, taking a breath before following after her, though he did not sit right away, instead waiting to hear her response to his question. He nodded as she spoke; he was glad she was finding it to her liking. In truth he didn't know what to think of her saying it was different; he'd only ever known Lirim and had no expectations that any other pack would be all the different; though he supposed that made sense.

Finally settling upon his haunches Derecho scooted in closer to him and he wasn't quite sure how to respond. Instead choosing not to react, neither moving closer nor further away from her. His gaze stayed on her, watching as she turned to look out at the water. But as her gaze swung back his way he suddenly darted his eyes away, suddenly very much aware that he had been staring.

"It's a lot to get used to." He admitted; "I've been following your Uncle around when he performs his duties for a while now... but it's a different thing entirely to perform them alone. " In truth, many of the duties he was expected to perform; patrols and keeping the border clearly marked were easy. It was the moment he had to interact with anyone else within or outside the pack that he still felt ill-equipped.

"Frostbite's been a big help though." Torin sometimes felt he counted on Frostbite too much, he needed to work himself up to being able to handle everything without relying on anyone else.

Image by Hagon

Derecho

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
07-17-2018, 10:24 PM
speech & thoughts

As he explained about his duties and how they were more difficult to do alone now she let her mind drift into thought. It seemed he had spent a lot of time with Frost as well, her Uncle had willingly let him fallow him around. She hadn't asked him how he really ever became alpha in the first place or really much of the history this pack had held. He stated that her uncle had been a big help. It was strange how she never knew about him or about this pack, but then again getting swept away in the rapids without dying was strange as well. Her life had several strange happenings within them and she wasn't sure what it all had meant.

"I can imagine he has been," she said. "How long..... Has uncle been alpha of Lirim?"

Why she had never come out and asked Frost herself was unknown to her. There was plenty of opportunity but the thoughts never came up within her mind. Of course it was still difficult to wrap her head around having an uncle that was so willing to be apart of her life even when he knew nothing about her. In a way it made her feel guilty that she didn't want to be in his company as often as he wanted her too.

Art by Bleuzye