BEFORE IT BREAKS YOU

Quintus

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Heavy
07-06-2014, 08:27 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2014, 08:34 PM by Epiphron.)

Everywhere he had ever known as home seemed to constantly be taken away from him. Seracia had been all but handed to another by his parents; Valhalla had been overthrown, a new leader put in its place. Though Erani had been good to him, he now felt even more aimless than when he had first arrived in her home -- he couldn't stay, couldn't try to find the others that had been forced out of their home. His world had been taken and turned upside down once again, his newly-found sense of peace rattled and disturbed, giving way to annoyance once again.

Where he would end up, he no longer knew; nor would he even try to guess. The lake and the plains that he had become so familiar with would slowly fade into the horizon as he went, only turning once to bid farewell to the lands silently. He had grown used to being alone now, but he flourished in the presence of others. It had been so long since he had truly been comfortably anywhere, and once again he felt himself longing for the familiar faces of his parents and siblings.

But their whereabouts were unknown to him, and he was clueless as to where to begin. Instead, he would let his paws carry him to and fro, drifting like a leaf on the wind. The flat plains he had grown accustomed to gave way to briars and swamplands, and trees began to sprout across the horizon. The landscape was unfamiliar, but welcoming all the same. The security of the trees would urge him to continue forward, seeking refuge beneath the tall boughs and in the shadows the foliage provided. His breathing would steady as his pace slackened, eyes gleaming as they searched the wooden area he had found himself in. He had no purpose, no aim, and it was evident in his lazy gait as he traversed the unfamiliar land.

Harmony

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Tealah
07-07-2014, 08:31 AM

Charred lands would give way beneath chocolate colored pads, ash and soot clinging to her legs. "Why have I come up with such an idea to come through here to get herbs, when I could just go around?" Her mocha capped crown shook resentfully as she traversed the burnt landscape. It was so very intriguing to find the story behind the fire that had burnt the forest to mere cinders and sticks. Once it had been a mighty sight to behold, she had been told, but now it resided as a memory of the old, and the neverending cycle of life and death. In the landscape, stood out another creature like she did, a young male, as tall as the mocha capped tempest as well. Mismatched orbs swept across the boy's appearance, gazing upon his stature. He was gorgeous, the mysterious mask across the left of his face complementing shimmering aqualid gems perfectly. All the rest of him was colored with shades of orange creams. The parents whom had the child must have both been of extreme beauty.

"Who might you be, young boy?" She approached, mismatched orbs so very curious as to why the young boy was so down, as if he had been torn from a family. Perhaps he had ventured from his family just as she did, leaving to really no said destination. Her mocha capped crown tilted just slightly in a questioning manner. She was curious of the handsome boy's origins. She hadn't realized she was checking him out, spotting all of his features. He wasn't too bulky nor was he too thin, seemingly just right. His turquoise irises shimmered with keenness. The left of his face was covered by a gorgeous russet masquerade, as if this were a masquerade party. Her jaw remained shut tightly, and her expression remained languid as she scanned the boy for any movement.

Quintus

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Heavy
07-07-2014, 09:54 AM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2014, 09:59 AM by Quintus.)

Quintus Nero had been so caught up in his thoughts that he had hardly noticed how burnt everything was here. The stench in the air was not of wood, but of ash and charred vegetation; eyes danced around the landscape as he studied it silently. Some trees remained, but the branches were charred and twisted, the leaves turned to ash. Though many stood tall still, they were not alive -- they would never again bear fruit or leaves, but instead would remain frozen in time, no more than a shadow of what they once were.

Large paws carried him across the sooty ground, nose twitching as he tested the air. The aroma here wasn't pleasant -- but the light breeze carried with it something much sweeter. Though he knew the creature was a woman, initially his nose wrinkled in distaste. Though he truly wanted to be around others, with his family, with those that cared for and loved him -- he didn't want to have to talk to anyone right now. Of all days, not today. A sigh left his lips as the silence was broken by the steady approach of the female he had sensed. The yearling -- though he was rapidly approaching two -- paused in his tracks, staring with an unreadable gaze at the stranger. "I'm not a young boy. I'm a man," he told her firmly. He had basically been living on his own for three seasons now, and couldn't consider himself a child any longer, even if he was more a boy than an adult in reality. Again he found his nose wrinkling as he eyed her accusingly.

"You look about the same age as I do, anyway." His tones were not cold, not really; merely standoffish. Though his voice had deepened considerably, he had a childish air about him. There was no cruelty in his sea-green gaze, no hatred shimming beneath his murky stare -- he was good at heart, merely stubborn to the core and thoroughly unimpressed that she considered him a boy. Quintus was still as he eyed her, hardly moving a muscle save for the gentle moving of his chest as he inhaled her scent.

Harmony

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Tealah
07-07-2014, 05:32 PM
// ooc // Me and Nyxie decided on temporary spree so I can get posts and gems. :D

Her words had been met by a firm voice from the male, which surprised her with such a vibrant personality hidden within his turquoise irises. Her mocha crown would remained tilted as she was undaunted by the sudden recoil from the man. "Yes, you are a man." No hint of jest or laughter would be found in her voice, only of truth and honesty. Indeed he was of the same age, as they were of the same height, neither truly grown faster than the other. "I am Harmony... What's your name?" The male obviously did not wish for her to be in his presence, and a small whisper came from soft inky lips, "Do you want me to leave?" Mismatched gems were somewhat sad, yet they came as curious nonetheless, still yet thinking of his origins. No marks rested beneath those turquoise gems of his, so he obviously was not of her blood. Not very many other families were familiar to her, and not many others carried marks similar to many others of their blood.

Quintus

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Heavy
07-07-2014, 07:00 PM

Quintus had not been gifted with the eloquence of speech that his mother possessed, nor the regal demeanor his father wore with such ease. And he had never mastered the art of being subtle, or masking his emotions -- he wore them like a mask, as plain as day. Where some wolves would feign pleasure upon meeting a new creature, he wore a strange expression, vague confusion mingled with the mildest of irritation.

She corrected him, although he had wholeheartedly expected her to return his retort with one of her own. Instead, she seemed to agree with him, and his own head would tilt slightly to the left. "I'm Quintus Nero Adravendi-Mathias," he replied to the woman that named herself Harmony. A beautiful name, soft to the ears, while his was much more firm. 'Do you want me to leave?' she asked, and he shook his head, brows furrowing as he gazed at her still. "Not really," he told her honestly.
"Do you have somewhere more pressing to be?" He chuckled dryly, shrugging his wide shoulders.
"I'm guessing you're not planning on meeting anyone else here..." The male's gaze swept around him, eying the charred forest with distaste.

Harmony

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Tealah
07-07-2014, 07:22 PM

It appeared so as the male had lightened up, speaking of his own name. So he was a Mathias and Adravendi? The mocha capped tempest had heard word of the large family living within a pack named Valhalla, but she had yet to learn that its queen had been overthrown. She gave a bob of respect, as he continued to speak, honesty chiming into his firm lyrics. Her mocha crown shook from side to side, mocking the universal symbol of 'no'. She gave a small chuckle as she would begin to part her inky lips, mismatched gems gazing about. "No I wasn't. I was just on my way to get herbs for my pack..." A warm smile came from her lips as she became a bit more playful. "I don't suppose you were either?"

Quintus

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Heavy
07-07-2014, 07:58 PM

He watched for her reaction to his title; most wolves in Valhalla had heard of the Adravendis, and the Mathias family was a prominent one as well. Once he was certain that through his lineage he might rise to greatness, but he was no longer convinced that would be such a certain path for him. The possibility of achieving such a legacy was tempting to him, but barely -- not enough for him to truly work towards it. Not right now, at least. Even still, he felt a bit annoyed with his parents for not working harder to keep what they had rightfully earned, though he wouldn't say it to their faces.

She seemed impressed, eliciting a brief smile across his lips. He returned the gesture with a slight nod of his own "I find it hard to believe you're looking for herbs here." He cocked a brow in curiosity. He found it difficult to buy that anything was growing here at all, especially whatever herbs she might be looking to find. "I'm certainly not," he told her simply. Gently he shifted to recline to his hindquarters, relaxing slightly as the slight scowl he had worn seemed to slip from his features. "I have no home, and no idea where my family is -- feels kinda freeing, actually."

Harmony

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Tealah
07-07-2014, 08:11 PM

This bo?man was defiantly one whom was amusing to speak with. The mocha capped vixen couldn't help but to constantly gaze at him. Was this what it felt like to like someone in the way of a crush? He was such a gentleman as well... A perfect man... if he liked her back... surely Bass would think she had made the right choice. His voice came along, more upbeat as well, of more jest than before. "Not here. I was just passing through here. As if anything would grow here." Except love... Within the confines of her mind she spoke these words softly, a warm smile upon inky lips. She reclined in a relaxed manner, curling her pearly banner about delicate pads. "I know how you feel. I left my home about two seasons ago..." She only felt inclined to inch closer, advancing about two inches closer before she would sit still, mismatched gems curious. "If you want a pack to live in... you can come with me and join my brother's pack, named Abaven. It's not too far from here... A short and sweet little walk..." If the man would accept her offer, what would Bass think? bringing a boy home instead of herbs to join the pack? Her own conscious would shake her head. Bass would have to learn that he can't always limit what she wanted to do... She was her own self after all.

Quintus

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Heavy
07-07-2014, 09:27 PM

It was strange to have such a candid conversation with a near stranger. The last time he had truly spoken to another, he'd swam to an island in the middle of a storm, and the girl that had patched him up had hardly been pleasant. It was refreshing to speak to someone new, though he found it difficult to not be overly standoffish. She explained that she was merely passing through here to find herbs -- of course. He scoffed inwardly. As if she would be stupid enough to search for anything here.

His head would tilt further as she spoke. She had left home, too; he fought the sudden urge to tell her what had happened to his parents, how they had grown bitter and depressed, how they had slipped from the thrones without even a struggle. Quintus sighed at the thought. And now, here this woman was, offering him another home; just as Erani had. The instability of his life was frustrating, and he couldn't help but wonder if this would be a bad decision. "Uh.. sure," he said casually, shrugging his shoulders dramatically. He had wanted to fit in to the Valhallan pack, but he had never fully integrated himself. He doubted it would be different here, but it wouldn't hurt to try. "I've never heard of Abaven. Must be a new pack?" Not that he knew of every pack in the land, but word had seemed to travel fast to Valhalla, and he was fine with pretending that he knew more than he really did.

Harmony

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Tealah
07-08-2014, 06:19 AM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2014, 06:21 AM by Harmony.)

Mismatched gems were full of surprise as the male accepted her offer of a home, and she lowered her eyes. Should she help the man find a den the first night, or should she invite him to borrow her den until he found his own, beside the rapids and plains. "Yes. It wasn't created too long ago..." Quietly she would muse upon these words, thoughts roiling in her mind. She would have to ask sometimes. "Where are your parents?" Absently, she clawed at the ground, staring at the man once more. "If it is too emotional, you don't have to tell me, Quintus..." She wanted to ask him ou? wait what?! She wanted to ask him out?! How could she make it not seem... awkward? She would listen intently if the russet masked boy would tell her about his parents, leaning forth. She would inch closer yet, almost two feet from the man now. Mismatched gems were incredulous to this man. Yes, he was perfect. Surely Bass would approve. There must be a lighter side to this boy. He's only as old? if not exactly? as the mocha capped tempest, and he couldn't be this way all the time.

Quintus

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Heavy
07-08-2014, 07:46 AM

He had no real reason to be rude to this woman -- otherwise, he probably would've been. Harmony hadn't meant to bother him, and had quite politely offered to leave him alone if he wanted. His instinct was to be rude and callous, to say something to force her away, as he usually did; but she was pretty and sweet, and he hadn't met anyone as pleasant as her in a long while. Quintus felt the tension release from his muscles, his empty stare softening as he watched her speak. Why had she invited him to her pack? He knew why Erani had -- she was basically his grandmother. But this girl was merely a stranger that he had known no longer than a pawful of minutes, if that. She was certainly more virtuous than he could ever hope to be.

He found himself smiling again, absently turning to gaze at the charred trees that surrounded them. Why did she want to know about his parents now? "Dunno," he answered with a slow shrug. "Just didn't really feel like being around them anymore. Too depressing." And as if moping around by himself was any better; but he wouldn't tell her that. It was strange to have anyone sound like they really gave a damn about him and his life, and he wasn't sure how to respond to it. "Anyway, you sure it will be alright if I hang around there for awhile?" He didn't want to fully commit to joining yet, but spending time there sounded fine... it wasn't like he had anything better to do.

Harmony

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Tealah
07-08-2014, 08:13 AM

This boy was defiantly a hidden sweetheart somewhere... His story was short, and she nodded with respect to him not wanting to say it entirely out loud. She merely had just met the man minutes ago, and she was still quite a stranger. Mismatched gems sparkled, as she mused upon thought after thought, before her sing-song voice would come from inky lips. "Well... he might not be happy about me bringing a man home, but if you stay just outside of the territory, I think you'll be fine with hanging out... but..." How could she put her aspiration to words clear enough to the man but muddled enough for him to think about it. "Even if he doesn't accept you... Will you be my prince?" Hurriedly she would hush herself, inky lips sealing tight. Why now? Why didn't I wait until he asked me, maybe? Verse upon verse of thoughts rolled through her mind. It was brave of her to ask first, though... right?

"Um... that came off as awkward, didn't it..." Her right paw would rise to cross her left, moving her forearm fluidly, pearly banner curling about her right side now, a small plume of ash and soot fluttered upwards, landing upon her rump, staining it with various gray streaks. She was so clumsy with first love interests! And I thought it was going so well... Her mocha capped crown lowered, mismatched gems gazing up thoughtfully, just waiting to hear what the russet masked male had to say in reply.

"Speech"

Quintus

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Heavy
07-08-2014, 02:01 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2014, 02:02 PM by Quintus.)

He would never admit it, but he knew his standoffish attitude was likely why most weren't immediately friendly to him. But Harmony was different. Already she had given him an invitation to her home, even though she knew little about him. It probably looked weird that he was wandering a burnt-down forest, sulking like a child, but still she seemed interested in talking to him. "Sure," he offered quickly. "Not like anyone else is waiting for me to come home." He flashed a toothy grin at her. Part of him was frustrated and upset that his siblings had not tried to find him, but humor was a good way to hide that from others.

For now, he figured he could spend time around the pack's territory; who even knew if the leader would have any interest in inviting him to the pack? Her next words were strange, much more forward than he expected -- usually he was the one with the big mouth, and he found himself laughing. "I used to be a Prince," he said with a chortle, taking her words differently than she had meant them, forever the one to take things literally and completely ignore the more subtle connotations of speech. "I'm not anymore."

It took a moment for him to recognize the embarrassment on her face, and he found himself growing silent for a moment. "It's fine," he told her, feeling a bit sheepish himself for a moment. He had never really noticed women much -- not that he wasn't interested in them, he just hadn't really been around many other wolves. Half of the women in Valhalla had either been taken, or they were related to him in some way, so he hadn't given much thought to it. Only when he was alone did he wonder about the feeling he knew his parents shared. Despite the harder moments they had dealt with together, he knew they did love one another, and he found himself drifting to these thoughts. "Should we just head over there? Is it far?" Eyes absently traced her form, pausing on the markings below her eyes, finding them quite interesting.

Harmony

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Tealah
07-08-2014, 03:06 PM

The male's toothy grin was slightly goofy, but at the same time pretty. His bright ivories flashed before her mismatched gems, igniting a flame within her head. She was getting this man to loosen his ties, getting him to lighten up a bit. A frown grew upon her maw as the male spoke, having taken her words literally, not in the way she had intended them to be, a small voice coming from her lips in reply. "...I didn't mean it in that way..." She gave a chuckle of amusement after she spoke. This man was pleasant to speak to. Bass would have to accept him. He would make a great member of Abaven, an ally or not.

Her mocha-hued audits pricked up as more lyrics met them, offering to leave now. Mismatched orbs would shimmer in light desire, as she would bob her head to the note of yes. "Of course. Let's go right now." With her string of lyrics, she would beckon with her pearly banner, and turn, beginning to stride off toward the lands of Abaven, glancing back to see if the boy was following, then continuing, fluid motions allowing her to move across the lands. "Speech"

- exit Harmony unless stopped -

Quintus

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Heavy
07-09-2014, 08:45 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2014, 08:46 AM by Quintus.)

>

Harmony intriuged him, with her mismatched stare and her creamy pelt, so different from the russet mask that covered half of his face. She was gentle and sweet, her demeanor so much softer than his own, rather than riddled with the constant annoyance his own seemed to display. Most wolves he wouldn't have followed -- but most wolves also wouldn't have stuck around to talk to him. 'I didn't mean it that way,' she explained with a laugh, and he shrugged a bit, at a loss for words. "Sorry..." Though she was pretty, and he found his gaze straying once again, he didn't know how else to react. He was no prince; he didn't know how to be. He didn't know how to be there for anyone, even a friend, but he figured this was a first step. To spend time with them.

She seemed eager to go, and he would lope beside her with ease, finding the silence awkward but not unbearably so. It was better than awkward small talk, he decided. There was plenty he could tell her, but why would she want to know? His life seemed especially dull to him, and he found himself brooding over this as they walked, to where -- he did not truly know.

- exit Quintus with Harmony -