gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
07-04-2014, 07:37 PM

ooc: I'm thinking two rounds if that's okay with you <3

Ever since the meeting when everyone was placed in their proper ranks, she had been wondering if all of the wolves, her siblings for the most part, that had requested to be an Assailant really knew their new trade all that well. She decided that the only real way to find out her fighter's skills was to do just that: fight. She considered who to call forth first, and the pretty girl that she remembered going to the muddy lake with not too long ago came to mind. Athena had honestly been a bit surprised when Lysis chose to be an assailant at the meeting, but she knew all too well how their father had pressed the importance of fighters into them. Athena lifted her muzzle, letting out a howl to call the pale girl to her, eager to find out if she really had the skills to go along with her new title.

Speech
Thought
Others

Lysis

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
07-06-2014, 07:09 PM

Her Queen had called, and Lysis would answer her quickly. Though she was hardly a yearling, she knew that she hadn't been remarkably healthy or strong at birth, and she knew this had been a disadvantage to her. Still she required much training; her frail body was desperate for the opportunity to improve and strengthen herself. She held no hatred in her heart towards Athena for rising to the top so easily, but envy was something she could not rid herself of. Perhaps someday she would rise to meet the challenge -- but today, she knew all she could do was try. The possibility of failure was not a burden to her, but she hoped she might live up to her sister's hopes regardless of her lack of skill and training.

A charming smile would tease soft lips as she answered the call promptly, tail curled subtly above her back as she drew near to Athena. "Are you wanting to test my skills?" she inquired gently, offering a slight bow in greeting to the silver-pelted girl. "I will admit I haven't had much practice, but am willing to try regardless."

Kyarst, her half-brother and closest friend, is allowed in any and all of her threads.

Athena I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
07-09-2014, 07:40 PM

She was glad to see that Lysis wouldn't keep her waiting. A faint smile touched Athena's muzzle and she nodded, replying, "That is all I ask, Lysis. As long as you are trying your hardest I will be satisfied." Eager to get started, she simply said, "Shall we?" and began settling into her defenses. Her ears pinned back against her head, her eyes narrowing, head lowering so that her muzzle dipped down over her throat and her head sat level with her spine. Her paws shifted under her so that they were evenly spaced, her claws digging into ground under them as her toes spread. Her tail sat level with her spine as well while her knees bent slightly to help with her ease of movement. Finally her shoulders would roll forward, scruff bunching around her neck to help protect it. She smirked and gave Lysis a nod. "Your move, sister."

Speech
Thought

Lysis

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
07-21-2014, 08:03 AM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2014, 08:30 AM by Signy.)
(Edited by Tea because Nyx broke her coding. *nod*)

Though Athena was a strong woman, she was not cold, and she was certainly not unfeeling; she would not punish Lysis for her inexperience, nor for the ill health she had suffered as a babe. The girl had unfortunately been den-ridden for so long, but now that she was perfectly well -- albeit a bit small for her age, with a slender frame that teetered on the edge of being sickly -- she wanted to improve herself and grow stronger than anyone could've anticipated.

"We shall," she responded with a girlish giggle. Pale eyes watched as Athena's body shifted into a defensive stance. Her half-sister seemed focused on remaining balanced and steady on all fours, as well as protecting her neck. The neck was a sensitive area, she knew that... it could be easily destroyed, ending a fight in a matter of moments, or even ending a wolf's life. Destroying Athena was not the purpose here, and aiming for her neck was not the highest priority in the girl's mind.

She would mimic Athena's guarded posture, her legs stiffening slightly as she balanced her weight on all four paws. Ears would flatten against her skull involuntarily as her gaze focused on the girl before her, nose wrinkling as she felt the adrenaline begin to course through her veins. Lysis found her own head lowering, shoulders hunching forward to provide further balance and protection. It took a moment for her to plan her first move -- but in a flash she lunged forward toward Athena, her force clearly coming from speed rather than brute strength, aiming to sink her fangs into the flesh of girl's shoulder. While she did so she kept her tail straight behind her, knowing that she could lose some balance by lunging forward so quickly, wanting to remain grounded while attempting to grasp the scruff of her sister's shoulder.

Round 1 / 3

Attacks: Aiming to bite Athena's right shoulder and grasp the scruff there.

Defenses: Tail straight out behind her, balance evenly spread to all four limbs, nose wrinkled, head lowered and shoulders hunched forward.

Injuries: None.

Notes: I hope three rounds is alright. <3

Kyarst, her half-brother and closest friend, is allowed in any and all of her threads.

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
08-10-2014, 10:01 AM
Default to LYSIS

Due to Athena not posting in the allotted time, Lysis is the winner

Athena must give up by either passing out, submitting, or running away.