A shadow among many

Garthinaw

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
06-29-2014, 11:11 PM (This post was last modified: 06-29-2014, 11:12 PM by Garthinaw.)

The north was a part of Alacritis that he had not yet explored. Curiosity got the best of him, so one fine, winter morning, Garthinaw found himself setting his paws on a piece of it. If he had only known how much territory there was, he would have felt small (and that was a lot to say about a man measuring forty inches in height). His massive frame slowly walked along the top of one of the two mountains the woods had become destined to live in between. He couldn't help but gaze in wonder at the trees below. They showed off sparkly icicles from far away, making him want to pursue the woods even more. Without an argument, he descended down the hill.
Garth's massive paws, outlined in gray at the bottom, neatly touched the snow bank that curved between the woods and the mountain. Turning his head back, he noted how far down he had come. Without worrying about an avalanche possibly burying him until the next thaw, Garth looked forward and proceeded to walk. Eyes of glacier blue looked up and around, wincing at the brightness of the glacial structures. Such a lovely piece of nature made him wonder why others had not decided to enjoy it like him.

Speech,

Awesome pic by Shelby <3

Athena I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
06-29-2014, 11:47 PM

It felt amazing today. The sun was shining, making everything around her glisten, and while it was still as cold as ever in the frigid north the sun warmed her fur and made the chill a little less apparent. While the young queen didn't often wander away from her empire, she decided that it was good to get out and stretch her legs from time to time. It grew dull seeing the same things day in and day out and it was always good to know the layout of the territories that surrounded her own. Besides, she trusted Vereux and Liberty to keep things in line in her absence and it wasn't like she would be gone long. That's what brought her out here today, merely sight seeing and enjoying the perfect weather. Well, perfect for a fea that had been born and raised in the snow anyway.

She padded across the icy surface with a slight smile touching her muzzle, her tail swinging lazily back and forth behind her. Her paws had adopted something of a waltzing, graceful walk as her normal gait and now was no different. She hummed quietly as she walked and with her naturally rhythmic walk it almost seemed like she was dancing. The Queen had visited these wood several times before so she was no longer surprised by their sights, but that did not mean that she was not impressed by them.

Of course, it wasn't the towering trees that caught her attention, it was the dark coated male working his way down the snow bank. Her ears perked as her ruby and emerald gaze found him and she watched him curiously with a smirk. It was always obvious when someone wasn't really accustomed to the landscape of the north and wasn't used to its ways. Curious as ever and always on the look out for wolves to recruit, she padded toward him, giving him a slight smile. "Lovely day, isn't it?" she asked conversationally, turning around with a flick of her tail so that she was walking along side him, not wanting to disrupt his stroll. "I am Athena Armada. Who might you be?"

Speech
Thought

Garthinaw

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
07-01-2014, 11:24 AM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2014, 11:29 AM by Garthinaw.)

While he was taking his time, admiring the structures around him, a figure unfamiliar to him appeared. Out of the snow, she rose where the skyline and the mountains met. Garth stopped walking, ice blue eyes curiously watching the silvery gray lady descend from her temporary perch. She seemed to know how to walk along the snow, for she didn't stumble or roll in the cold whiteness. A small smirk appeared on his dark face, but since his pelt was so black, you couldn't tell anyway.
As she approached him, he didn't say a word but only thought how brave she was acting. Some wolves wouldn't have dared try to stand next to him, considering his height and build. There was something about this girl, but he couldn't tell you what it was if you asked. Her red and green eyes met his and when she made the movement to walk beside him, he fell into step with her. She introduced herself and he raised an eyebrow in her direction. "Garthinaw. I am Garthinaw." His last name would not be mentioned, for how could Garth trust a complete stranger? She seemed nice enough, but even then, he had to be cautious. "It's nice to meet you, Athena Armada. I take it you are used to this climate?"

Speech,

Awesome pic by Seren <3

Athena I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
07-02-2014, 06:33 PM

Athena smirked when she saw the man's eyebrow raise, probably in response to her forwardness. She was confident in her abilities to defend herself and in her abilities to judge other's intentions and so far she didn't sense any ill will from his stance or from his tone. So she simply let him be skeptical and went on not caring and enjoying his presence anyway.

She took note of his name, liking it immediately. It seemed to fit him somehow and she liked she sound of it. Athena chuckled softly at his observation on her comfort in the snowy landscape. "Indeed. I was born and raised up here. My pack, Glaciem, is pretty close to here." She didn't mention her rank just yet. Everyone she had met recently knew immediately that she was the Queen and she was curious if he would act without this information. It was a bit of a social experiment in a way.

Speech
Thought

Garthinaw

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
07-02-2014, 07:09 PM

Garthinaw

She continued to show confidence and how she ignored his reaction. Nevertheless, he felt a warm vibe from her and knew that her actions were not meant to be ill-willed. His tail lightly swept behind him in an easygoing fashion, showing off the silvery tips that contrasted against his ebony coat. Paws outlined in silver continued to step across the cold, white snow as he walked alongside her, falling into step with his large mitts.
Athena explained that her pack was nearby. Glaciem was not a pack he was familiar with, but he immediately imagined their coats thick and shiny against the winter sun. Brilliant eyes shimmered into Athena's as he made a soft "Humph" sound, humorously noted. "Glaciem, huh? I have never heard of it before." The two walked past a large tree, its branches and leaves frozen in time by the years of ice buildup. "Then again, I haven't heard of any packs existing here."

speech.

Athena I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
07-02-2014, 11:40 PM

Athena blinked with surprise when he mentioned never hearing of Glaciem before. She was sure her kingdom was infamous in some form or fashion all across Alacritis so it was surprising to find out otherwise. But then he went on to say he didn't know of any other packs and she relaxed once more with a quiet chuckle. That made her feel a little better. "You must be pretty new to Alacritis then," she commented, glancing up at the icy branches as they passed under them and then back to his gaze. His eyes reminded her of the color of ice, making it mildly ironic that he wasn't familiar with the northern tundras.

She kept pace along side him as they slowly made their way through the Submerged Forest. She was generally pretty quick to make judgements on wolves and so far she was enjoying his company. It had been a while since she had met anyone new that didn't have some kind of family relation to her or some pack-related reason to talk to her. It was... relaxing in a way. "Where are you from, if you don't mind me asking?" He was quite out of the norm compared to the wolves she usually talked to that were born and raised here like herself.

Speech
Thought

Garthinaw

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
07-03-2014, 11:43 AM

Garth's lips formed the shape of a smirk, the first time he showed such facial features since meeting his russet-faced guest. Flitting thoughts of Chrysanthe rose in his mind, but they didn't last long enough for him to really miss her. Instead, he met his eyes with Athena's once more and he lightly rolled his black shoulders. The fur of his scruff revealed the many colors of white and silvery gray that lay beneath the surface. "I guess I am," he replied, not really upset by being a novice.
The company he was sharing was indeed good and he didn't think it odd that he was a few seasons older than the pretty she-wolf. From where he stood, she seemed to be able to hold herself up to any type of conversation, regardless of the counterpart's age. She asked him of his former place of residence and he took his time in answering her. The ice gleamed against his coat in the sunlight as they continued to slowly walk through the forest. Finally, he replied. "I don't mind at all, actually. I came from a world known as Neopia. Most of my past is there, which is why I had to leave..." He wouldn't go into the details of Dez and his missing children. The drama he had left behind was enough for him in the lifetime he was currently enjoying.
Garth pushed back the simmering feelings and memories that were threatening to boil over in his mind. He hated thinking about those days, especially when most of them were bad. As he mentally poured them out of the boiling pot of his mind, his glacier blue eyes watched Athena with silent interest. "What about you? Have you always been on Alacritia?"

Speech,

Awesome pic by Seren <3

Athena I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
07-03-2014, 02:25 PM

There seemed to be some hesitation before the darker male answered her question and even after she had an answer it only made her more curious. The answer was mysterious and didn't shed much light on his past, but she could tell from watching him that it wasn't a subject she should press him on. Instead she let it be a mystery. Perhaps if they were to speak again she would eventually find out more, but for now she let it go.

There was a moment of silence and then he turned the question back to her, to which the silver queen nodded, but she stopped herself, her head tipping to the side slightly as she thought. "Well, for the most part. I left Glaciem for a couple of seasons when I was younger and traveled out of Alacritia a couple of times. Not for long, but a week or two at a time. I was quite the adventurer as a pup." She chuckled as she thought of her younger self setting out on her own at all of six months old. Looking back on it now she hadn't made the wisest of choices, but she felt like the whole experience had made her stronger and had certainly made her grow up faster than her whiney siblings.

She sighed contently as she let her gaze drift around the forest, smiling lightly. "I had to come back in the end though," she mentioned, continuing her answer as her gaze drifted back to him. "Part of me knew I would always come back, it was really just a matter of when." Her bright gaze drifted, noticing the silvery color that peaked through his black coat in places. Interesting name, eyes, coat, and a mysterious past. Athena had always been naturally curious, especially when she had a wolf has the subject of her curiousity. She liked to pick wolves apart and learn all about them.

Her mind drifted, thinking briefly of Vereux. At times she felt guilty for not feeling as dedicated to him as he was to her, but when she looked back to Garthinaw's icy gaze she couldn't feel that guilt. She felt the same way when she looked at Amalia. "Is there some special fea in your life?" she asked lightly, a mildly teasing tone to her voice, trying to make light of her thoughts.

Speech
Thought

Garthinaw

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
07-03-2014, 03:00 PM

Athena went on to explain that she had explored most of the continent, but returned to Glaciem in the end. His blue eyes twinkled as he watched animatedly talk about going to the different places as a young girl. She had most certainly expanded her mind and made sure to keep it open for more possibilities. "No matter where you went, home continued to call to you, eh?" He lightly chuckled as they continued to stroll lazily through the woods. "I know that feeling all too well. Home calls me everyday, but I haven't set a paw there in years..." He sighed and gave another shrug. "Your home needed you and that's why you came back...I am sure you haven't regretted returning one bit."
Garthinaw watched the way she eyed his fur and a sly glint was seen in his opts. He ruffled his scruff again, showing off the many white and silvery gray follicles that rose and fell like porcupine quills. As he gave a half-hearted smile, he showed off the pearly white teeth that glinted in the sunlight. After a few seconds, Athena asked him if he had anyone special. Another laugh rolled from his large chest, all forty inches of him chuckling in unison. "Noooo, unfortunately, I do not," he replied, grin still noted upon his features. "I did a long time ago, but times change and so do wolves...She did, I am afraid, so that is why she is not around." His ears lightly flicked backward as he looked up to the wintery sky above. "Sometimes, I do wonder if she is out and about. It really has been a long time..."
Garth then shook his head and looked back at her. She was indeed a beautiful female, especially with her color tones and how she carried herself. "What about you, Athena?" He watched her with an intense gaze as they twinkled. "Do you have a special someone?"

Speech,

Awesome pic by Seren <3

Athena I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
07-03-2014, 07:35 PM

It was interesting the way he spoke of her home needing her. Perhaps thats what had called her back. It was like, in a way, some other power knew that Glaciem would be in need of a new ruler. She hated to hear that he hadn't been home in such a very long time, but she was sure he had his reasons. She personally couldn't imagine staying away from home that long.

He seemed to catch her peering at his multi-toned fur as he ruffled his scruff, showing off the lighter under-coat. She smirked as she glanced back to his gaze, giving him a playful glare for silently calling her out on her looking. She didn't think she had ever seen a coat quite like his so she couldn't help but look it over.

Garthinaw laughed deeply at her question, the sound bringing a grin to her muzzle. Athena wasn't sure she had ever made someone laugh like that in her whole life and now that she had she liked the feeling. Everything in her life was so serious all the time that it was good to let loose a bit. She listened curiously to his explanation about his lack of a mate till he turned the question back around on her. Vereux came back to mind, but right on heels of that thought was Amalia. Athena's ears flicked and she rolled her shoulders in a slight shrug. "I guess I do, in a way," she said vaguely. "A two of them actually... Though one more officially that the other." She chuckled a little uncomfortably, not really sure how to explain her situation. "I love them both, but in completely different ways."

Speech
Thought

Garthinaw

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
07-03-2014, 07:52 PM

Garthinaw

Athena playfully replied to him noticing her roaming eyes and he couldn't help but feel flattered. To have a lady to flirt with was indeed a nice change of pace for the loner. However, if she hadn't been as open and nice as she was, then Garth would have moved on from the encounter. He preferred to avoid as much drama as possible, considering the aftermath of a surprise spar. Luckily, he didn't have to worry about that this time...he hoped.
He continued to watch her with interest as she took her time answering his question. When she did tell him her situation, he was kind of confused at first. Two mates? How could she handle two mates? Garthinaw only had the one mate once-upon-a-time, and even then, it would have been tough to juggle two women. His white-dipped ears remained perked and he gave a gentle nod as they swept through the surrounding trees. "I can imagine how tough it is to have your heart split into two pieces. I just hope that one doesn't get upset that they have to share you with the other..." His eyes blinked slowly as he pondered how she would take the conflict. "However, you look and act strong enough to tolerate anything, so I doubt you will have any problems."

speech.

Athena I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
07-03-2014, 08:25 PM

At his comment on her apparent strength she scoffed, looking down at the icy surface beneath their paws. There was just a beat of silence before she spoke again. ?And if you do not, then you shall die,? she recited, lifting her gaze back to his. "That's what my father told me about being strong when he chose me to be the Heir. I guess I've succeeded in that since I'm now a Queen." She smirked and looked away from him again, feeling like a heavy weight was on her. She gave a shake of her head, pushing the feeling away. When she was in Glaciem, in her element, she thrived, she loved it. But when she was away and really had a chance to think about her position she really felt the stress that it laid on her shoulders.

She sighed softly and looked up at the huge male beside her, putting a small smile on her face. "But enough about all of that, hm? I'd much rather hear you laugh than think about all of that." She chuckled at the truth in that sentence. Had she ever heard Vereux laugh? She wasn't entirely sure she had. But for now she could just enjoy a moment with this random wolf who was quickly becoming more and more interesting by the moment.

Speech
Thought

Garthinaw

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
07-03-2014, 09:05 PM

Garthinaw's brows furrowed as Athena let light shine on her personal life. She was under pressure that many wolves would not understand, especially by the man who had given her life. The man didn't know what to do or say off the bat, so he did what felt right. Despite only knowing her for a short amount of time, he leaned in and gave her a friendly nudge of her shoulder. "You have so much to look after and so many who look up to you as Queen...If your father didn't believe in you succeeding as his Heir, then he wouldn't have chosen such a remarkable lady." His lips slipped into a smile as he watched her, waiting for her reaction.
She tried to change the subject, to make it lighter and for her ears to hear him laugh again. Garth rose his gaze to greet her own opts and couldn't help but chuckle. "Your wish is my command, Athena," he teasingly said, tones hopefully gentle to her black-tipped ears. His tail began to wag behind him as they came to a halt beside one of the biggest trees in the woods. "What would you rather do, then? Perhaps attempt to climb one of these trees, the most famously frozen pieces of wood in the world?" A wink slipped across his left eye, grin widening from the goofy words he spoke.

Speech,

Awesome pic by Seren <3

Athena I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
07-09-2014, 03:03 PM

Between the nudge to her shoulder and his understanding words the dark man put a smile back on Athena's muzzle. She typically tried to keep herself from listening to flattery, but coming from Garth it simply felt like a reassurance, like the words from a dear friend. She chuckled and returned the nudge to the larger man's shoulder and glanced away with a surprising amount of shyness for the usually headstrong Queen.

She rolled her eyes at his comment about her wish being his command, bringing an easy laugh out of her. She stopped along side him, and she glanced up at the tree he mentioned, smirking in response. "Well, I'll have you know that I'm actually very good at climbing trees, though perhaps not ones covered in ice." She giggled softly and grinned up at him, her split-tone gaze finding his bright blue one once again. She fell silent for a moment, caught up in that blue gaze and losing her train of thought. She chuckled softly, blinking and pulling her gaze away with a little shake of her head. "I um... I really like your eyes," she commented with an awkward chuckle, her face warming with a blush.

Speech
Thought

Garthinaw

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
07-09-2014, 03:50 PM

Garth's eyebrows rose in surprise. He had never climbed trees before and he didn't plan on doing it now. Instead, he imagined the impossible feat happening...and foresaw a lot of injuries. He was a big wolf and didn't take to injuries lightly. The male was big and heavy, making any potential wounds harder to deal with. Garth's soul was not meant for battle, but he would defend himself if desperate times called for desperate measures.
He wasn't sure how his thoughts had moved from climbing trees to fighting off random wolves. Either way, his gaze had remained on Athena's and she was the first to break their stare. He couldn't help but smile sheepishly as she commented on liking his eyes. The male could tell that Athena was kind of unsure how to act, especially when their gazes had held on for so long. His sheepish smile faded into an understanding one and he replied in gentle tones. "Thank you...your eyes are pretty amazing as well." Slowly, he looked over her face and a soft laugh left his lips. "As a matter of fact, all of you is pretty amazing, Athena...Personality and looks." He wasn't sure how she would react, but he gently nudged her cheek with his nose. "Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, for they would be wrong."

Speech,