gems
size
Small
build
-
player
05-19-2014, 12:20 PM

I'm waking up to ash and dust

A mysterious bacteria has invaded Alacritia, causing an epidemic among the wolves. This bacteria enters the wolves? bodies through their eyes. Symptoms begin shortly after infection with tears of blood, followed by a high fever, which leads to: hallucinations, sudden/unpredictable violence, and seizures. Other symptoms include but are not limited to: vomiting, diarrhea, muscle spasms, uncontrollable twitching of limbs/head, etc.

I wipe my brow and I sweat my rust

Fortunately enough, there is a solution to this problem. The healers (and other volunteers) of Alacritis will be taxed with the chore of trying to find the correct cure. The process works like this:

1). The healers (and/or volunteers) from each pack must hold a meeting to determine the three-part cure.

2). Each pack gets three attempts at guessing the proper cure.

3.) ICly, the wolves will gather together in a meeting and discuss possible cure components. When three are decided upon, they must take one of their sick wolves and test it on them.

4.) Once the test has been done, the thread pauses.

5.) From there, the leader of the healing group (whomever is higher in rank or elected) must OOCly come back to this thread and post their pack's guess at the cure. It will then be confirmed or denied by staff.
Quote:5a.) If confirmed, that pack is named the winner and all ailing wolves will be healed and the plague ends.

5b.) If denied, the pack will realize that their test cure did not work and the process continues until they a. come up with the correct cure or b. run out of attempts.

But what are the rogues to do? Well, as this will be an epidemic beyond any proportion Alacritis has ever seen, rogues will be permitted to choose a pack to assist in finding the cure (if they wish to help at all). Any/all rogues that help the winning pack will receive a reward for their efforts.

This is it, the apocalypse

The cure, as stated before, is made up of three random herbs that may or may not have anything to do with the symptoms of the infection. Each part can be found in our HERB GUIDE (click). The herbs, having been randomly chosen, must be guessed at random as there is no specific tie between the herbs and the illness itself.

I'm waking up, I feel it in my bones

25% of the wolves from each pack were chosen randomly to be infected with the illness. These wolves were selected regardless of age, gender, rank, etc. These wolves are hereby infected, effective immediately, and must be played as such until a cure is found. This is not optional. If your wolf was not chosen, and you wish to participate, you need only play out your wolf becoming ill and enjoy the fun. I do recommend that some wolves remain healthy in order to help find the cure, as there may be compensation for healers and volunteers.

The following wolves were chosen from each pack to become infected:

Arcanum-

Cataleya,
Neios,
D?gmar,
Zaria,
Novocaine
Ebony-

Kailos,
Tahlia,
Valeriya,
Kaala,
Fili,
Callisto,
Fugue,
Sif
Glaciem-

Sin,
Sol,
Isardis,
Argent,
Sendoa,
Kyung
Ludicael-

Duitron,
Novel,
Novel i,
Satu
Olympus-

Nemesis,
Heph,
Andromeda
Covari-

Scorpion,
Faimette,
Desiree,
Crucifix
Tortuga-

Barristan,
August,
Roman,
Faust
Valhalla-

Surreal,
Quintus,
Newol,
Jinxx,
Deviant,
Shilah,
Amia,
Cecily,
Vahva,
Vaishya,
Isis

Enough to make my systems blow

Other important notes:

There are to be no alpha challenges for the duration of the plague. As many of our alphas and high leadership are to become ill, we are shutting down challenges during this time.

Rogues were not chosen at all because we cannot compile a list of all active rogues. If you wish to be a sick rogue, you can do so of your own volition. Likewise, if your rogue wishes to help find the cure, they must contact a pack of their own accord and make terms to join the cause.

Rewards for rogues helping packs will be a larger max litter size upon their next litter or 30 gems. You must choose one or the other.

The reward for the winning pack is one month of immunity from pack challenges.

The reward for healers/volunteers helping to find the cure is 30 gems to each wolf involved.

In the event that the cure is not found by any pack after all guess attempts have been exhausted, the cure will be released after an appropriate amount of time. No wolves will die unless you choose to kill them off.

As always, if you have questions please contact one of the staff. Please do not freak out in the cbox. We are happy to find out the answer for you if we do not know it.

It's a revolution, I suppose

Pack Records -

Arcanum - 3 attempts remaining

Ebony - 3 attempts remaining

Glaciem - 2 attempts remaining

Ludicael - 3 attempts remaining

Olympus - 2 attempts remaining

Covari - 0 attempts remaining

Tortuga - 1 attempt remaining

Valhalla - 1 attempt remaining

Previous Guesses -

Covari incorrectly guessed that ELDERBERRY, WOLFSBANE, and YARROW make up the cure for this mystery illness. 0 of 3 were correct.

Tortuga incorrectly guessed that BONESET, EARTH SMOKE, and ELDERBERRY make up the cure for this mystery illness. 0 of 3 were correct.

Tortuga incorrectly guessed that ALDER BUCKTHORN, ALFALFA, and HORSETAIL make up the cure for this mystery illness. 2 of 3 were correct.

Valhalla incorrectly guessed that HORSETAIL, AGRIMONY, and ALFALFA make up the cure for this mystery illness. 2 of 3 were correct.

Glaciem incorrectly guessed that ALFALFA, PERIWINKLE, and BUCKTHORN make up the cure for this mystery illness. 1 of 3 were correct.

Olympus incorrectly guessed that HORSETAIL, AGRIMONY, and ALFALFA make up the cure for this mystery illness. 2 of 3 were correct.

VALHALLA incorrectly guessed that ALDER BUCKTHORN, HORSETAIL, and AGRIMONY make up the cure for this mystery illness. 1 of 3 were correct.

COVARI incorrectly guessed that MEDOWSWEET, VALERIAN ROOT, and LADY'S SLIPPER make up the cure for this mystery illness. 1 of 3 were correct.

COVARI correctly guessed that ALFALFA, HORSETAIL, and VALERIAN ROOT make up the cure for this mystery illness. 3 of 3 were correct.

Guessing Code:
CODE

PACK NAME HERE guesses that PART ONE, PART TWO, and PART THREE make up the cure for this mystery illness.