Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
05-06-2014, 06:21 PM

Exploring and wandering had become the yearling's new pass time. One would think that she would have gotten that bug out of her system in the months that she was gone from her home, but that wasn't the case. She found a certain thrill from discovering somewhere new or even revisiting a place that she hadn't seen in quite a while. She thought that perhaps since the time she was gone had been spent simply learning how to survive on her own she hadn't gotten to enjoy the scenery. Now that she was back in Glaciem and her biggest worry was her own family she would get to really, truly explore.

That's what brought her here, to the long abandoned mines. Athena stood just outside the entrance, her bi-colored gaze squinting as she peered into the shadows that quickly consumed the cavern. She looked away, glancing around at the ground around her. She saw something sticking up out of the ground a few feet away and she padded over to investigate. Poking it with her paw, it felt hard and cold, and with a little prodding it fell over onto its side, pulling up a clump of dirt with it. It was gray in color with what looked like the remains of an old stick attached to it. Her head tipped to the side with curiosity. She had no idea what it was or what it was possibly used for, but there seemed to be several of them around and quite a few other things that she couldn't identify as well.

She wished she had thought to bring Vereux out here with her, or any of her siblings for that matter. Exploring was more fun when there was someone to do it with...

Speech
Thought
Others

Genesis

gems
size
build
player
05-06-2014, 06:45 PM

The lad had begun the journey towards Glaciem's empire, back north. He wasn't sure why he was going home, would he even be welcomed? Would they shun him away rather, like he probably deserved? He was in no hurry to get home, taking time to explore he various things he came across. When he stumbled upon the mines, his curiosity had gotten the best of him. The smell in the air was strange, but it carried with it another scent, one that he actually recognized as his sister, Athena. His ears pricked and his head raised, obvious interest on his face, his sister had vanished before he had taken off. He followed the scent, his nose nearly touching the ground until she came into sight. He wasn't sure if she had heard him approach, so he kept walking towards her until he came along her right side. Glancing over at her, he spoke, "Fancy meeting you out here, Athena." His voice was controlled, and careful- but not hostile. He had no reason to be angry with her, or cruel. The days of torturing her as a pup were long since passed for him. He had a twinkle of humor in his eyes, wondering how she'd react to him appearing again, the scent clinging to her, told he that she had already returned to Glaciem, would she attack him as a traitor?

Speech,
c

Athena I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
05-06-2014, 07:16 PM

She was so distracted with her own thoughts and her examination of the mines in front of her that she didn't notice anyone was around until a form appeared right beside her. Her first thought was an internal scolding for herself for not paying attention to her surroundings and the next was a shock as she registered the scent and voice of the one beside her. Her ears immediately perked up and her eyes shot to his, the ruby and emerald gems blinking with surprise. It took several seconds for her brain to register that it really was her brother was really standing there, a smile slowly creeping across her muzzle.

"Genesis?" Her tail wagged behind her and she turned to face him, looking him over to make sure he was okay. "It's really you! Genesis, where have you been? I've missed you." She had long forgiven Vereux for the torment they had given her as a pup and she felt like she could do the same for Genesis. It was in their past and she hoped they could be friends going into the future.

Speech
Thought
Others

Genesis

gems
size
build
player
05-07-2014, 02:53 AM

It took his sister a minute, but when she turned his eyes light up as he returned her smile. She greeted him, and it was like coming home. His tail wagged slightly behind him, as he stretched forward to bump his muzzle against hers. "It's really me." He agreed. At her question, he sighed slightly, pulling away from her, he sat back on his haunches, his tail thumping slightly against the ground. "I needed some space, but I've missed you as well Athena." His words were honest, had he been able too he would have taken both his sister and his brother with him, but he had to get the hell out of dodge- before he did something stupid. "You've been home?" He questioned slightly, his eyes still warm, as he looked at his sister. Taking a deep breath, he relished in her scent for a moment- glad to be back close to her, and eager to see their other brother again soon. Vereux probably hated him for running- but the yearling had to get away.

Speech,

Athena I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
05-07-2014, 05:49 AM

Athena would return the friendly bump to her brother's muzzle, enjoying the happiness and relief she felt when she looked at him. She had been wondering where is was and worrying about if he was okay, and now both of those questions were answered. She watched him sigh and sit back as he answered her question, his reaction making her joy slack just a bit. It was clear there had been stuff going on that she didn't know about, though she did understand the need to get away. That's basically what she had done, wasn't it? Run away from home? Get tired of it all?

She would recline back onto her haunches as well, a permanent smile on her muzzle. At his question she would nod, adding, I haven't been back for very long, but yes, I went home. I missed you and Vereux. Of course, you were gone, but Vereux is still there." Her ears flicked back, her smile dimming just a bit as she thought of her other brother. "He probably won't be as happy to see you... I think he's just tired of being left behind, plus I'm sure he got tired of being there just like us, he just didn't run off on his own into the sunset like we did." At that she smirked, her smile returning a bit. "But he forgave me pretty easily, I'm sure he'd do the same for you."

Speech

Genesis

gems
size
build
player
05-12-2014, 05:03 AM

Just the simple contact with his sister, felt like heaven. He'd missed his siblings, but staying in Glaciem.. going back, the idea made him nauseous. Athena spoke, and his ears pricked at the name of their brother. He had to hate him. As she spoke, mentioning that Vereux probably wouldn't be glad to see them, he frowned. He didn't really intend on going back, but how would he phrase that to Athena. How could he go back there? Taking a deep breath, he looked away from her, his amber gaze straying back to her. Could she see the guilt in his eyes? Would that give away how he felt, before he could even speak? "Athena... I don't think that I'm going back..." He started, his tone uneasy. He wasn't really sure of his words. Was he really going to turn his back on his home? Where in the world would he go? "I don't belong there." He admitted, his amber eyes falling to the ground, shoulder slumping slightly. He didn't belong anywhere.

Speech,

Athena I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
05-12-2014, 11:48 AM

The smile slipped from Athena's face as her brother spoke. She frowned, her brows pulling together. "But, Genesis... You belong with us! With me and Veruex! And mom had more pups, did you know that? I've only met one of them so far, Talvi, but she's a very bright girl, I like her a lot." She sighed, her ears folding back, her eyes searching out his. "Glaciem isn't just a pack and it isn't just Isardis. Your family is there."

Athena settled down on her haunches, watching her brother closely as she pushed on, her voice hushed. "I want to change things around Glaciem. I want to make a difference. It's not fair how us Bloods get lumped together and ignored." Her shoulders slumped and she leaned forward to bump her nose softly against his cheek. "But I need my brother's help."

Speech
Thought
Others

Genesis

gems
size
build
player
05-18-2014, 11:37 AM

He watched the smile fade from her jaws, and as she spoke- he could feel a sort of bile rising in his throat. A snarl escaped him as she spoke of their mother. "I don't give a damn about Argent. She is no mother." He'd snap, ears pinning against his head. He trembled with anger but didn't move and let her continue to speak. As she touched her muzzle against his cheek he sighed, pulling away from her. "I have no doubt hat you'll save the empire, but I don't belong there... I can't go back." His voice was firm, he had really made up his mind forever ago. As long as Glaciem protected the bitch who had given birth to them then abandoned them. He held no interest in going back, ever. Looking away from his sister, he sighed. He was glad that she was okay, and yet some part of him was disappointed that she had forgiven Argent so easily. Shouldn't they- including Vereux hate her for leaving them, then making another family as if they didn't matter?

Speech,

Athena I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
05-18-2014, 05:34 PM

Athena was taken aback by his outburst, her brows pulling together and her ears flicking back as he snarled and trembled with anger. He looked away from her and she had never felt more disappointed than she did then. She let him speak before she said another word, looking at him with cold disappointment in her two-toned gaze. "I didn't say a single thing about Argent besides the fact that we have more siblings. You can't hold Talvi's lineage against her. She did not ask for a flighty, traitorous mother any more than you or I did. What's worse, we may be all that girl has since she surely won't get father's love like we will and who knows when Argent with run off again." Her voice was soft and serious, all of her gentle teasing and persuasion forgotten.

She sighed, finding it hard to look at him, but at the same time refusing to let her gaze waver. "If you really feel that way then I guess there's nothing more I can say to you about it. I'm... I'm very disappointed and I wish you would reconsider. I need wolves I can trust with me and I want you to be one of them." Her tail flicked behind her as she stood there looking at her brother, wanting to say so much more, but knowing that it was sure to fall on deaf ears.

Speech
Thought
Others

Genesis

gems
size
build
player
06-07-2014, 12:49 AM

He was furious. Argent's other children were still in Glaciem? Why hadn't his father annihilated them? They were nothing but a show of disloyalty. Athena spoke again, and he scoffed at her words. He glared at her, as she mentioned the name of their half sibling- Talvi. Maybe Talvi wasn't to blame for her heritage- but that didn't mean that she wouldn't suffer for it. Because of Isardis's ambition, his fathers pride in war and being the best- Armada's were feared and hated by lesser wolves. He lived with his parents reputation- so should this Talvi. Athena looked disappointed in him, and in the silence of her words, he had one more thing to ask. "Why did you go back? You deserted us. Then I deserted, how can you think that we deserve to be in Glaciem's ranks?" His tone was hollow, and he turned his head away. This wasn't how he pictured reuniting with his sister. Why couldn't she see the truth? How could she go back?

Speech,

Athena I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
06-09-2014, 08:52 PM

His question surprised her. It had never been something she had considered. It had never been something that she had been let cross her mind. Her brows drew together in confusion as she spoke, her ears flicking back against her skull. "It's not a question of what we deserve. I went back because because I wanted to go home. I had learned all I could from being on my own and I was ready to come back and take my place there. I never meant to desert you or Vereux or anyone else. I left to learn and explore and learn more about myself and the outside world. All of our younger half-siblings that have hardly left Glaciem... They don't realize what its like to really have to fight to survive. They don't understand what it's like to fight.

Her gaze grew intense as she spoke, her tone urgent to get her point across. But, as she fell silent, she sighed, the sudden tension falling from her shoulders once more, blinking and letting her eyes soften once more. While she and her brother didn't seem to see eye to eye at the moment, she would always hold out hope that he would come around. He would always be dear to her whatever he chose. "You'll always have a home with me, Genesis, if you ever choose to take it. You and I, we've been out in the world. We understand that we're not as... privileged as some of them think. We can be the realism that Glaciem needs."

Speech
Thought
Others