Athena I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
04-24-2014, 11:48 AM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2014, 12:22 PM by Athena I.)

Between the time that she left the pack to when she returned, Glaciem's territory had grown to four times the size she remembered. Ever since she had discovered this fact she had spent most of her days exploring and learning the layout of the whole territory. Her two-tone gaze roamed over the gnarled, curved trees that surrounded her in what was quickly becoming her favorite piece of the Glaciem territory.

She padded toward one of the many thick trees around her, looking up toward the curved trunk. She gathered her legs beneath her and leaped upward, her claws digging into the bark to steady herself as she padded further toward the top point of the tree with her legs bent low under her. She reached the point where the tree began to narrow and meet with other trees around it and she stopped to lower herself onto her stomach so she could look down at the ground below through the leaves. It was a fun vantage point and it had the added bonus of being able to catch a small snack up here from time to time.

As she laid with her head resting on her foreleg, the silver fea pondered over her position in life at the moment, thinking of her decision to return to the pack, her numerous family that was here, the new siblings she had yet to meet... Pretty much just letting her mind wander as she waited for something interesting to appear.

Speech
Thought
Others

Talvi

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Novella
04-24-2014, 03:23 PM

Perhaps Talvi would have found it a little easier to cope had the lands kept their small size, although with only one area for the pack members it would have actually been worse, constantly surrounded by everyone. She was certainly coping now with the number of wolves, so vast compared to the small number at the start of her life though still Talvi couldn't say that she actually knew them all. She was certainly fitting into the pack a little more now though, with or without the majority of her family at her side.

As far as she was aware, only her mother lurked around the lands and her half-sibling Vereux. Her full siblings all seemed to have vanished, and she had never really met Argent's other children, certainly not Athena. She probably would have been a little curious had she heard of the girl and her recent return to Glaciem, as it stood though, the blue and silver girl remained oblivious to the fact and remained within her own little world as she wandered through the lands, seeking nothing out in particular.

Tree climbing was something the young girl had begun to experiment with a little after the first meeting with Etern. She had by no means mastered it however and whilst he had said the skill was useful, Talvi did think it better to try and hone some of her other skills before mastering it which did mean of course that her climbing was done a little half-heartedly. She preferred to focus upon her lessons, and secondly her task was probably to actually get to know the members of the pack better.

Athena I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
04-24-2014, 09:14 PM

Athena lounged on the branch she had chosen as her perch, gazing lazily down at the ground while one of her hind legs dangled off the edge. She was nearly half asleep when a new scent caught her attention. She blinked open her ruby and emerald eyes, glancing around for the source of the smell. It was obviously a wolf, a young female from what she could tell. Finally she spotted the gray-blue and silver pup and a small smirk came to her muzzle. It was always good to socialize with her pack mates, especially ones that were at least fairly close to her age. "You hoo!" she called down with a chuckle, grinning and peering down through the leaves at the girl.

She would lift herself up onto her paws, turning to pad toward the base of the tree till she was a safe distance from the ground so that she could hop down and pad over to the girl. "Hello there. I'm Athena," she said simply to introduce herself. Now that she was closer she could take in the blue-hued pup's scent properly and now she could catch a trace of a scent that she hadn't noticed before. Her ears perked up and her head tipped to the side with curiosity. "You wouldn't happen to know Argent, would you? I just wondered since I can smell her on you."

Speech
Thought
Others

Talvi

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Novella
04-24-2014, 09:30 PM

As she walked, Talvi managed to catch a fairly fresh scent. The girl chose not to seek the other out though, if they happened upon each other then of course she wouldn't ignore them, though she wasn't about to embark on some mission just to locate the wolf she didn't even know. It didn't help either that the mission would be harder than she currently realised, to search she would have to look above.

"You hoo!" And it was at that point that Talvi would direct her attention skywards, peering up into the trees and catching sight of a silver face peering down at her. A rather talented climber it seemed, though she would keep the admiration to herself, at least for now anyway. "Hello." She called back, though a sudden rustling suggested that the other was on the move. Eyes followed the trail until eventually the other had landed on the ground and was approaching her.

Hello there. I'm Athena," The name meant little to her, in her absence her family had of course found plenty of other things to focus upon, or chosen to not think about the girl that had left them. "Hello, I'm Talvi." She repeated her greeting once more, adding her name in as well this time to introduce herself to the other.

Whilst something about the scent seemed vaguely familiar, Talvi found she was unable to place the source, it simply escaping her mind each time she tried to venture a guess within her head. By sight alone there was of course a family resemblance, though as with Talvi's delicate mixture between her parents, it wasn't immediately clear to guess with no further advice.

"You wouldn't happen to know Argent, would you? I just wondered since I can smell her on you." Why the question mattered Talvi wasn't quite sure. Her mother had been demoted as of late, she was hardly the most active within the pack it seemed, Talvi was sure she had her reasons though she at least wished her mother would have shared them with her. "Yes" She responded, still not sure why it really mattered to the silver girl. "She is my mother."

Athena I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
04-29-2014, 03:36 PM

Athena's first reaction to Talvi's reply was to simply blink with surprise. Argent had mentioned something about having new, younger siblings when she had first arrived to rejoin Glaciem, but she had never expected to simply happen upon one of them. A grin spread across her muzzle as she replied. "Well, I guess that means you're my sister! Argent is my mother too." Her tail wagged behind her, happy to finally have a sister after having to deal with her brothers growing up. Athena knew she had too many half-siblings to count thanks to Isardis, but something about knowing they shared the same mother felt special. Having so many half-siblings also made it easy to accept the fact that she had more siblings that she hadn't even met yet.

Glancing up at the branch above them that she had just climbed down from, Athena motioned up to it with a look back to Talvi, asking, "Have you ever climbed the trees out here? It's a lot of fun. Gives you a great view of the wolves down below. I'll help you, if ya want."

Speech
Thought
Others

Talvi

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Novella
05-02-2014, 03:43 AM

Talvi was aware of the fact that there were more siblings, her mother had mentioned their names once after they had been brought to Glaciem though she'd only really gotten the opportunity to spend time with Vereux and get to know him. The others it seemed were as removed from the family as her mother and other siblings. Unless of course she and Vereux were the absent ones, though it seemed unlikely given the fact that she hadn't seen them in meetings or lessons.

Despite her knowledge it would still come as a surprise to her when Athena would announce their relationship. She seemed rather happy for the revelation, all Talvi could do was hope that Athena wouldn't vanish on her and she'd have the chance to have more family around her. She smiled slightly in response, though the younger girl was by no means as exuberant as her older sister. "I guess so."

With the formalities and revelations out of the way, Athena would turn her attention once more to the tree and speak of climbing. The skill was certainly one that Talvi didn't exactly possess though it seemed that Athena may have been rather talented at it. "A little, I believe Etern wanted us to learn but I'm not too good." She would respond honestly. She wasn't sure she really wished to climb now, though for the opportunity to spend time with her newly discovered sister, she would likely give in and have a go.

Harmony

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Tealah
05-02-2014, 01:42 PM

She was a little disappointed that her sister wasn't even remotely as excited as she was at the news, but she didn't take it to heart. It was very possible that Tavli simply wasn't as excitable as she was. Athena shrugged it off and decided not to make anything of it. Whether Talvi was excited or not, Athena was still excited and was happy to be a big sister.

Athena smiled a little at Talvi's answer to the climbing. "Well, how about I show you a couple of pointers? Then if he decides to teach us or something you'll be ahead of the curve. You don't have to try it if you don't want to." Turning back toward the tree she had climbed up before, she went around to the base of the trunk, narrating what she was doing for Talvi as she did it. She demonstrated it, making her way up the curved tree trunk with relative ease. "You just have to be sure to use your claws and dig into the bark so you don't fall off."

Once she was up at the spot Talvi had found her at she looked down at her little sister with a smirk. "It's really not hard at all, but wolves from other packs won't know that. It's an advantage in case we're ever attacked."

Speech
Thought
Others

Talvi

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Novella
05-03-2014, 03:45 PM

Talvi wasn't exactly an overly excitable wolf, these days she tended to have a rather focussed mind. The lack of enthusiasm in comparison certainly wasn't to be taken to heart, it'd be nice to have some more family around, though she did wish her full-siblings would return, not just the half-siblings. Once more no offence meant at all to Athena, such feelings would most definitely be kept to herself.

The offer was certainly a good one in Talvi's opinion. There had been some others that had stepped forwards with a little more experience, and she knew some wolves had already had fighting experience prior to their lesson with Etern as well. She had some catching up to do to the others that much was for sure, she wasn't sure whether she'd overtake them in a skill, though the help wouldn't be denied.

"Alright." She agreed, stepping forwards and watching as Athena began their little mini lesson. Gaze would watch each moment carefully and listen as further explanations were given. The comment about other wolves attacking them was one that was rather strange to her. By now she was aware that the world existed beyond her little bubble on the island and now Glaciem, but all the same the idea of having to fight them seemed so wrong. She would certainly learn, her mother had thought that very important after all, it had seemed like the most logical skill for the blue and silver girl to focus upon.