gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Tealah
10-14-2014, 06:28 PM

Her journey to the east was followed after a short time by a trip to the north. There had been a couple packs here when she'd gathered allies for Ebony, but only one remained, the other dispersed with a fading scent, but a third separate pack had established itself since then. She planned to stop first at the pack she knew when she was Ebony. They'd been an ally, but they had done very little interacting, being more along the lines of a peace accord than true allies so she knew little more of the pack now than she had the last time she stood upon it's borders, and even that much may have changed.

Striped tail curving around her haunches as she sat, perched upon the ground as though at any moment prepared to leap up in action - in other words, her usual method of sitting - she called out for the alpha of Bevroren.

"Speech."

Athena I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
10-15-2014, 09:48 AM

It had been a good while since she heard the voice that called from her borders today, but she recognized it all the same. The last time she had seen Katja had been at the final event of Ebony's festival, when she had watched Katja sacrifice her sister. It hadn't set well with the silver girl, but she also hadn't felt any room to judge. It didn't stop Athena from quickly pulling herself to her paws and trotting off to find her visitor. She had caught wind that Ebony had changed hands, but she hadn't had the chance to go meet with their new leader so she was even more curious to see why Katja had come calling.

Her gait was a little less graceful and refined than usual with her slowly growing stomach, but she tried her best to keep her noble stature all the same. She spotted the darker woman up ahead and smiled slightly as she came to a stop a few feet from her former ally. "Katja, it's good to see you again. What can I do for you?"

Speech
Thought

Katja the First

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Tealah
10-15-2014, 01:45 PM

Athena was prompt in responding to the call, appearing in short order. Katja's head tilted regally in greeting as the familiar Bevroren female approached. It was good to see that Bevroren had not changed hands - being already familiar with the alpha and the pack would make much easier. Though, not all was the same. The silver alpha's abdomen was just the slightest bit swollen, her scent just the slightest bit changed. Katja was no healer, but neither was she an idiot - the signs were plain if one were observant.

"Athena," she returned the verbal greeting gravely, her head cocking slightly to the side. "You are pregnant." She swept her eyes over the slight bulge in the other female's stomach once more, then moved on, neither tone nor expression showing whether that were meant as congratulations or condolences.

"I challenged for Olympus a short time ago and earned the submission of their alpha. The pack is now Yfir. I come here without intention of allying with anyone, but I hope that with our previous alliance you would be interested in a continued peace between our packs."

""

Athena I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
10-15-2014, 02:26 PM

speech,

Athena was a little taken aback by Katja's unusual comment. No congratulations, no disapproval, just a statement declaring her current physical state. She raised a quizzical brow and replied, "Yes... I am," her tone showing a bit of her confusion. She brushed it off when Katja went on without any other comment. It was strange, but who was to say everyones reaction to her pregnancy was going to be the same?

The Soeverein listened while Katja explained how she came about acquiring her new pack. Packs seemed to be coming and going like the seasons these days. It was really a wonder that Glaciem and then Bevroren had somehow stayed in Armada hands for so long. It almost made her want to go back to calling the pack Glaciem, just for old time's sake, but she knew she didn't want to go backwards. Only forward. "I would be happy to. I have no reason to wish anything but peace between us anyway. If you ever change your mind about wanting alliances I would be happy to discuss that too."

Katja the First

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Tealah
10-15-2014, 03:43 PM

Athena confirmed that she was pregnant, evidently with some confusion that Katja ignored completely in favor of the more important part of the conversation. The Bevroren alpha had seemed very easy-going when Katja had been here on Ebony's behalf, and that did not appear to have changed with the girl's recent pregnancy. She spoke in favor of a continued peace and Katja dipped her head in thanks and acceptance of her offer to speak of another alliance in the future. "Perhaps it will be so, in the future," she allowed. "I will not keep you any longer. Farewell for now, Athena." With that the raccoon-marked female turned to trot away, on to the next stop.

-exit Katja-