An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

Samhain 2022How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double MasterOoh La LaThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
05-04-2022, 04:48 PM

Fern smiles at the huge pup, noticing the way his tail swishes behind him. Basilisk tells her how he made a fishing trap before and the gray girl nods as she says, “Yes is a similar concept. In fishing you use the net to trap fish and pull them toward you. Here, we are making a trap that will stop the prey from fleeing. It may seem complicated but I’m going to show you a few tricks.” She gives Basilisk a wink before laying the knotted leather between them. Pointing a claw to the left most strand Fern explains, “Okay, first things first. We need to make the rope for the snare part. To begin braiding, put this strand over the middle one and pull the one that was in the middle to the left.”

Next, she points to the right strand and says, “Then the take this strand and place it over the middle while putting the one that was the new middle strand over to the right now. Here, let me show you. Can you place your paw on the knotted part to hold it down?”

Once Basilisk pins the leather strips to the ground, Fern picks up the two outside ends and weaves them one over the other, making sure to keep the braid is tight and the loops are snug. Pausing after three passes, she looks up to the huge pup and says, “Do you see how I keep the strands pulled tight so that there is no slack? This will help make the braids stronger. Now, it’s your turn to try. Let me, hold it for you.” With that she takes the started braid and pins it to the ground to allow Basilisk to begin to work. Fern says, “Okay, so pick up the left most strand and put it over the middle.” The huge pup begins to work and the gray girl offers him praise and guidance whenever Basilisk needs them.

"Fern Lark" | "Puff"

Fern has a female stoat companion named Puff. She is always nearby.