gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
lackadaisy
08-05-2022, 02:29 AM
With casual hunting aside, Tallulah was ever more determined to improve herself. As a yearling going on to adult age, she needed to work on her skills. She needed to prove to Pa she had the guts to make it out here. Most of all; she needed to prove it to herself. Working on the strong leather cord, she began to attach it to a stick. A snare would be useful to catch a rabbit or two.

Gods willing, they were peeking out from the holes they had dug. The Thicket was flush with prey even in the spring. Soon, the summer would come and the overpopulation with it. She needed more experience and what better time than now? With winter travelling behind her, Tallulah had taken some small steps into the location known as Boreas.

A few rustles in the foliage caused her to calmly pause, duo eyes focusing on the thicket before her. She didn't call anyone out, but she waited to see if they'd come out on their own merit. She was a bit busy herself.

"speech here"
1/3 - make trap
0/3 - use trap

Jynn

Loner

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (260)

Scout & Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Block!Slow PokeWealthyRenowed Explorer
Underground ExplorerIsland HopperBoreas ExplorerWestern ExplorerNorthern ExplorerSouthern Explorer
GlobetrotterLegendaryAuster ExplorerScaredy CatHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Overachiever
Critical Fail!Ooh La LaEastern ExplorerExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerMammoth Hunter
Pride - Pansexual1KBeeventDouble Master
08-05-2022, 08:55 PM
Come down, come down sweet reverence

Jynn stepped carefully around the rabbit trail, eyeing the brush piles and dense thicket on either side as she debated where best to set her trap. A few sticks and strands of leather hung from her jaws. Her companions were out doing hunting of their own but Jynn had decided to try setting a snare so she could save some of her energy. Traveling between Auster and Boreas was taxing, often leaving her stores low. Setting a snare and then resting while waiting for dinner was often the best course of action for her.

She stepped through the brush and froze when she spied another wolf, her eyes quickly darting to what the woman was working on. Her large ears perked up before she set her own items down. She spoke softly. "Excuse me, are you working on rabbit snares to?"

Tallulah

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
lackadaisy
08-05-2022, 11:17 PM
"Howdy" Tallulah began, looking up again from her work. She lifted a paw to wipe at her brow, smiling politely at the stranger "reckon I am" Why? Did they want to help? She could not know unless it was offered but she could also prompt the lady a bit "ya have experience wit' traps, ma'am?"

The girl looked back down, looping a generous amount of cord around a second stick. She needed to get these varmints up and gone before they did a bit of damage. Spring made them all breed like, well, rabbits. She was looking to downplay the situation and also made a buck trading skins. Also!

That meat was mighty tasty if she says so! "Yer welcome to join me." Tallulah adds.

"speech here"
2/3 - make a trap
0/3 - use trap

Jynn

Loner

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (260)

Scout & Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Block!Slow PokeWealthyRenowed Explorer
Underground ExplorerIsland HopperBoreas ExplorerWestern ExplorerNorthern ExplorerSouthern Explorer
GlobetrotterLegendaryAuster ExplorerScaredy CatHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Overachiever
Critical Fail!Ooh La LaEastern ExplorerExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerMammoth Hunter
Pride - Pansexual1KBeeventDouble Master
08-06-2022, 06:11 PM
Come down, come down sweet reverence

Jynn's ears twitched at the unusual accent but the woman seemed friendly enough. That was a good sign. She didn't want to be chased away from these hunting grounds or have her catch stolen if she actually managed to snare anything.

"ya have experience wit' traps, ma'am?"

"Some. I'm tried my paw at rabbit and fish snares. Once with a deer snare, but all to varying levels of success." The only one she'd ever caught anything with was her rabbit snare but practice made perfect so she was inclined to working at it. The woman invited her to join in and she settled down. "My name is Jynn." She picked up the strand of leather she had and using her teeth and her claws carefully working to craft it into a loop that would decrease in circumfrance when pulled. She then turned to the sticks and started breaking and sharpening them with her teeth.

Tallulah

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
lackadaisy
08-08-2022, 05:36 PM
"Izzat right?"

Tallulah eyed the woman with interest, having never seen a deer snare. Wolves hunted in groups and very rarely put effort into laying a trap that wasn't chasing and biting. She understood that as nature, but sometimes when alone... Well, she did not want to starve. She worked on her own snare until it was finished, setting it down and reaching for another cord and stick. Might as well make more, in case. She could trade for more materials.

"Tallulah Colt, ma'am" she began after the woman introduced herself as Jynn "nice ta make ya acquaintance" She was happy that the other wolf decided to join her. Tallulah had been along for a few days now, since arriving in Boreas. She knew the name of the land due to trading and partaking in socializing with strangers. All had positive and knowledgeable experiences to share with her. "Right, I think this one is done. I'll be back after settin' it." She moved to a more dense location.

"speech here"
3/3 - make a trap
0/3 - use trap