ardent

I dreamt of Paradise

Keki

gems
size
build
player
04-21-2013, 02:50 PM
A small whimper was let out as Keki had awoken with pains or contractions. It had been horrible waiting for her time to come; throughout these weeks the dame hadn't been social at all. She had gone in hiding during the day and only came out to catch herself something small to eat during the night. Keki wondered if her sister Maka had been wondering where she was or Uncle Gargie; most of all she wondered of her mother Crusade. Did she miss one of her little darlings? did she miss her teddy bear at night? Well Crusade still had Maka to snuggle with but Keki had hated not being able to join them.

Some nights she would walk by and look in and see the two snuggled up together while there was still a spot for Keki to fit in. Other nights she would sit and cry silently at the entrance because it was so tempting to rejoin them. The femme had been so ashamed of her pregnancy that she had avoided everyone. Her soul was ever so lonely as she became a lonely thing.

Bi-colored eyes focused on the wall of the small den she had found which was covered in scratches. In the female's anger at times she had scratched these walls. Why did she subject herself to solitary confinement and such pain? Keki could have told Crusade but what would she have said....would she be seen as a slut?

But no, the wolf was no slut; it would make her a slut if she chose to have this happen to her. But the brute had forced himself upon her and this was the result. In her head all she could hear were the same words, slut...whore...over and over again!

A tear fell from her bi-colored eyes as she let out another whimper, as another wave of pains overcame her.

Would she be seen as a disgrace to her Uncle Gargoyle? or even her mother and sister? The dame was sure her parents were rolling over in their graves now. A growl emitted from her lips as the pain became ever so fierce.

Keki knew she had to get these pups out before she couldn't take it any longer.

It had only taken a short while of pushing and pain until the result were three pups.

The femme focused her bi-colored gaze on the three and saw that they were all male. A small smile appeared on her face as she heard one of them cry out in a small squeak.

Instinctively the dame curled her body around the three and pulled them closer so that they could feed. Her eyes softened as she licked them as clean as she could.Now she could see their beautiful coats but...they all looked alike in an odd way. All three had the same pattern but in different colors. Black, white, and gray pups. All males had a stripe from their nose to tip of their tail, which was dark gray with triangles such as her own but connected. Keki yearned to see what brilliant colors their eyes were but of course they were not opened yet.

The black and white were quite big while the gray one was a bit smaller than them. The small light gray one reminded her of her sister Maka so it had brought a smile to her face. Maka had been the runt of the two of them, this little one seemed to take after his aunt. IT was no matter, she loved them all the same with all her heart.

What names should be bestowed on such beautiful pups?

The black one was black like his father Kaios so he deserved a name close to that. Keki decided on Kairos, it was a strong name. The femme's gaze then settled on the white pup,she decided on Tiberious, in the hopes he would grow to be wise. Next the light gray one, her choice was Pericles, a noble name.

"Kairos, Tiberious, and Pericles." she said aloud to herself softly as it rang throughout the small den.

"That is what your names shall be, and I will love you all the same" she added in as the dame could not take her eyes off the three. They were special in her eyes, every one of them. The past few weeks had been a hastle but now as she looked at her children it was all well worth it.

The pang of hunger every night, her growing frame, her tired soul, it had all been worth it.

She wondered where Maka was and couldn't wait to see her sister's reaction. Then again, what would her reaction be? would it be good or bad, and what about her uncle Gargoyle or her mother Crusade? Would there be disappointment in their eyes despite the three new additions to the family?

What would her fellow inhabitants of Glaciem think? She was rarely seen anymore without being beside her mother, uncle, or sister.

Maybe in the long run they would eventually understand. Perhaps at first there would be frowns, or smiles, or maybe even a few confused or shocked faces. Keki did not care what they would think, these were her children they would be judging. And why should she care if others judged her, this was her life and her decisions from here on! If they frowned at her so what, she was still not a slut or a whore. Yes she had made a stupid decision by venturing out diuring her heat; but it had been the brute decision to force himself upon her and use her!

Should there be smiles would she welcome them and let them get a good look at her three small children. Her heart would soar with pride as he eyes would jump from one pup to another. Why in this world should she or her pups be judged at all? This was a free world and they all deserved whatever everyone else did, respect!

As the Sun shone brightly outside the dame yearned to go out and soak up the sun again. But the wolf would have to wait; there was no way she would leave her pups for now. Turquoise and dark blue eyes settled on the Sun-lit land outside the small den; this was her home.

In the dame's mind she had regretted this all, her life in general. Shouuld she have never left her parents and Maka to look for a pack would hey still be alive? Keki would have been there to save both her sister and mother as they crossed the abyss. She would have been there to care for her father as he lay on his death bead of sickness.And most of all she would have been there to care for her sister Maka when there was no one else to care for her. What would have happened here then? Crusade would not have two adopted daughters and her Uncle Gargoyle would not have two adopted nieces either.

Perhaps in the long run she had done something good...brought life into the land...provided her new mother and uncle with happiness.....gave Maka a chance to be herself for once.

How did this all happen anyway? lives were changed by the birth of just two pups, her and her sister Maka. Yet without Keki her parents wouldn't have favored her and had showed her sister more affection. Was life a long road until death? or was it something more? The wolf would not really know because she was only a piece of the game. Or was life something she really did have a choice in...or was it all planned out for her already?

The female's thoughts ceased as she heard another squeak from her pups. With a soft touch she gently nuzzled each one and licked each of their tiny heads. A smile was portrayed on her face a small chuckle escaped her lips.

"Such precious little darlings you three are." she said with her smile never ceasing as if it were permanently on her muzzle.

Eventually the three small pups surrendered to sleep and Keki looked once more to the entrance of the den. What lay outside now; the world was outside. She couldn't shelter her pups forever and she knew that. One day they would have to face the world head on but that was a long time from now.

The female curled her body around the three sleeping pups as she focused her gaze back on them. What lives lay ahead of them, what future would they have? Hopefully they would all have a great future. Were her children just new pieces to the game? new souls to play with as life dragged them along? Keki hoped not, she would try her best to shelter them for now....but then she won't always be there to do so.

A sigh escaped her lips as she then set her head down on her two front paws. Perhaps one day....but why worry now, she thought as she closed her eyes.

word count:1,510

Gargoyle I

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
04-23-2013, 11:41 AM

~*~

The massive male was more or less on cloud nine. He was a father... A father! It was a level of responsiblity that he hadn't known he'd be strong enough to bear - and a joy he hadn't dreamed he'd experience. Three perfect puppies lay curled about his mate Ocena back in one of Glaciem's birthing dens. he'd already spent hours and hours with them.

But of course he had an extended family to see to as well! All of Glaciem was counting on him. As much as he'd like, he couldn't burrow his way into Ocena's den and stake it out for a few weeks. He had to keep patroling borders - keep checking for predators - keep making sure the hunters and warriors were at their peak.

But on top of all that, there was another errand he needed to run. One that Crusade had been reminding him of rather forcefully.

"Keki," Gargoyle muttered. "Where have you gotten to?"

At the Chief's side, a mink bounded along through the tundra grass. Frisk had only recently met up with his buddy and of course wanted to be shown to the pups. First things first, however, Gargoyle needed to find Keki. His adopted niece had been absent for some time. She was still in the packland of course - he scented her and saw tracks - even caught a glimspe of her a couple times. But he figured that she was choosing to keep away for some reason of her own - and he'd been too busy to start to really worry.

Now though...

"I bet she got eaten by a snow leopard," Frisk offered.

"Not helping, mink." The big wolf showed a gleam of fang. Thankfully, Gargoyle was used to ignoring the nonsense of the prey creature. His nose was hot on the scent. But something was odd. Being a father must've really been getting to his head - because he still thought he smelled traces of newborn pup fluff and wolf's milk.

But it had to be in his head. Ocena was miles away.

But Frisk started sniffing the air too. "I know that smell.. That's pups." The weasel darted forward, quick as shaft from string.

"Frisk!" Gargoyle growled, but he found hismelf following after just as quickly. He caught up to the mink, and taking him carefully by the scruff, flipped him up into the air. The mink landed perfectly on the he-wolf's back, digging in claws and perching as easily as a bird.

With Gargoyle's paws setting the pace, the scent quickly grew stronger. And Keki's scent with it - until they arrived at the mouth of another den. Though the sun was bright, Gargoyle felt a sudden chill. The scent of blood was in there - but not from death or prey - from life, from birth.

"Keki....?" the male said quietly. He stood quite still.

But not Frisk. The mink spiraled his way down Gargie's foreleg and rushed straight int othe den. "Keki! You had pups! How thoughtful of you! Gargie! There's three of them in here!"

The mink - who was longer bodied than the pups but no bigger, scurried about - grinning up at Keki and then racing over to the babies and sniffing them all over - completely oblivious to the danger he could be in should a mother wolf's instincts arise.

~*~

~Don't want to let you down, but I am H.e.l.l.b.o.u.n.d.~

Keki

gems
size
build
player
04-23-2013, 02:02 PM
Gray lined ears perked up as a scent had caught the new mother's nose. Keki lifted her head from her paws and sat still for a moment as she listened to the nearing paw-steps. That scent...it was familiar. Soon enough a voice spoke her name and she knew who it was, why i was Uncle Gargoyle!

"Uncle Gargie?" she replied as she heard the paw-steps cease outside of the small den.

Suddenly a small animal ran in and made comments here and there as it sniffed her precious children. A soft growl arose as Keki was about to launch herself at the thing thinking it came to eat her babies. Then the dame realized it was Frisk.

"Friskie!" she cried as a smile appeared on her face.

"Uncle Gargie I don't think you can fit but perhaps you can stick your head in?" she asked as her attention was drawn back to her uncle. The femme reached over and licked Frisk on the head as she let a small gentle giggle escape her lips.

Soon enough all three of the pups that were encircled by her were awake and blindly started to move around. Keki licked them clean once more before taking them back into the shelter of her body as she tried to keep them calm.

"If you would like to touch them Frisk you are absolutely welcome to." she said with a small smile

This gesture might be unusual but Keki trusted Friskie and she hoped he would realize that she completely trusted him.

As the dame turned her attention away once again her bi-colored eyes tried to look at the entrance to the den. Se hoped her uncle would be able to ft his head through there without having his broad shoulders getting stuck.

"Uncle Gargie if you can't fit then we can just have a chat as is." she proposed.

The dame then turned back to her puppies as she watched them carefully but oddly felt more at ease with Frisk in here.

Gargoyle I

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
04-24-2013, 07:31 AM

~*~

Pups...

The word blotted out all other thoughts from his head. However, as Gargoyle rarely bothered using his features to display emotion, his face remained as collected as ever - his gaze still blank and yellow as he lowered himself into a sort of play crouch and fit his head into the cave. Why was it always this way with dens? He'd gotten stuck partway into Ocena's too. Price of being enormous.

His gold eyes widened as they brought him the sight of Keki, his little niece, laying there as the new mother of three lovely marked pups. At first he didn't attempt to speak. He watched the tail end of Keki's conversation with Frisk - and then watched the mink.

Frisk was in ecstasy. He didn't bother thanking the mother for her permission - he was a bit too self centered for that. Yet his black button eyes were quite adorable as they filled with wonder at the new little lives. He wriggled in amongst them, looking them over, sniffing them, even licking one of them who's nose was a little too dry. As he curled himself into a brown fur ball it suddenly looked as if Keki had had a fourth.

"Keki..." said Gargoyle drawing his eyes away from the pups. He'd meant to ask where they'd come from. Who was the father? Why had she not told them? When had -er- the pups been -well- started? It was the first instinct of any family member to want explanations. The closer they were, the more protective and curious they would be.

And yet this was Gargoyle.

He understood what it was to wish to keep things to oneself.

As Chief of the pack he would wish to be informed eventually, but that could wait. For Keki's sake, he would not harass her with questions on this, the day of her first litter's birth. Instead of a question, Gargoyle's sentence finished with a compliment. "...They're beautiful."

And in the end, what did it matter where they came from? What was important was that they were here! Glaciem had three new lives to nurture and teach and watch grow! Gargoyle had three more lives to watch over. All the feelings that had awoken with the birth of his own pups came into play once more. He looked up from the cubs to again match gazes with Keki. "Thank you," he said, quietly. "Thank you for adding to our family."

~*~

Keki

gems
size
build
player
04-24-2013, 10:56 AM
A small tired smile spread across the dame's face. She nodded at her uncle's kind compliment of the puppies. Her turquoise eye along with her cobalt blue one turned their gaze back to her puppies and Frisk who was now snuggled in with them. She felt the warmth of the three little ones and was glad for the warmth of life. Their soft fur was just her, since her own fur was unusually soft. The pup with the black base let out a small sound as he had found his way over to where Frisk was curled up. The small pup then blindly set his tiny head upon the mink.

The other two stayed with their faces embedded in Keki's soft belly fur as she felt their tiny paws push against her stomach while the fed.

Gray lined ears then perked up as she listened to her uncles' thanks for the addition to the family.

"Gratitude, I'm just glad that you're here now and can see the reason of my absence." a small tear brimmed at her turquoise eye as the memory resurfaced.

"I'm sorry uncle Gargie, I really am. I suppose you want to know how these three came to be. But the reason I secluded myself was all out of shame, I was scared... I just can't hold it in anymore;it is as if my mind is scarred! I had an urge to wander out of the territory but I had gone to a place where I thought no wolf would dare go so that I would be alone. But then a brute appeared and forced himself upon me...I just felt so violated...If you wish to know their father's name only look upon the black one." she said with a motioning her muzzle towards the small pup with the black base.

"He look like his father except for the few attributes in looks that he has of me. Yet his name is ever so similar. The three are named Kairos, Tiberious, and Pericles, sons of Kaios. The black one is Kairos, the white is Tiberious, and the gray is Pericles."

The mother's attention was then turned back to the pups who had started to blindly move around. The femme's smile reappeared as her eyes took in the calming sight.

Gargoyle I

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
04-25-2013, 05:27 AM

~*~

In silence, Gargoyle listened to what was said. His face was unreadable - no sadness or pity or even anger was discernible. But he stowed the name and rough appearance of the rogue male down for later. In time (so as not to embarress Keki) the pack would be informed of such a wolf - to stay on the look out. If ever he and Gargoyle chanced to meet... well there would be more than words. But revenge and bloodshed were not things to be spoken of over a cradle. And truthfully, from Gargoyle's viewpoint he could shrug it off as unfortunate but 'ah well, these things sometimes happen'. Perhaps it was his rougher days showing though, but he was what he was.

Yet even if he wasn't quick to pronounce any malice towards this unknown male, he was quick to gain Keki's understanding that the stranger had no rights upon the children.

"A father is the one who stays, the one who cares, protects and teaches. Whoever this wolf was, he might be their sire, but he is not their father. Though the pups may share his blood, never let them feel bound to him in any way." It was a necessary distinction, and one that told Keki that her babies would never be blamed for the crime that had created them. As Gargoyle had said, they were family now.

"If they should ever need a male to look upon as a father" the Chief added, "I would be honored if you would allow it to be me." Gargoyle was most sincere. "As I am the closest male relative you have, I would be happy to help you - with hunting, guarding, raising, whatever you need - please do not hesitate to tell me." Creator Above knew he wasn't perfect. But once he'd been, and so he hoped to be again.

All these pups seemed to be bringing out the best in him. And that reminded the brute. "Ocena has only just given birth to a litter of my own children, and Crusade, who has been expecting to Cifer, is due any day now. You would be happier, Keki, and your babies safer, if you would consider moving them to the pack cave." As Alpha, Gargoyle had the authority to order her to do such, but no hint of command entered his tone. Keki was a smart gal and a loving soul, and Gargoyle guessed her to be willing to face her fears for the sake of her pups. "I know it may be hard," he said in a softer voice, "But the point of having family is to let them help you through the tougher times."

~*~

Keki

gems
size
build
player
04-27-2013, 08:18 PM
The dame could only nod as she listened to her uncle's words. They were true, to her Kaios was the biological father of her pups but their true father would be the Earth; the Earth will provide for them and bring them good and bad. They can only learn by experiencing different events but those will help them grow. The Earth will provide food and shelter along with other things but Keki will have to do the mothering as well.

A small smile fell upon the dame's face as she nodded once more before speaking.

"Their true father shall be the Earth which will provide; but I do ask if you can also be their male role model in life? This would grant you a fatherly appearance to them but also that you may teach them and help them grow and learn. I know that you are wise Uncle Gargoyle and I trust you with my pups. and if it is for the good of my pups I do agree to moving back into the den. Mother and sister must be worried sick but shall they receive a surprise when we return. Hopefully my brothers and sisters would be there as well."she finished.

After that Keki stood up and picked up the white based pup Tiberious by the scruff and laid him down just by the entrance so her Uncle could pick him up by the scruff. Next did she do the same thing to the black based pup Kairos but keep the gray based pup Pericles in her jaws. Hopefully her uncle was able to carry two pups at once because Keki could only carry one.

As soon as her uncle was ready would she start to walk back.

Gargoyle I

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
05-01-2013, 07:57 PM

~*~

Keki's words had a certain measure of serinety to them. She had put thought into such matters. She was speaking responsibly. He bowed to her choice of teaching with her pups and was honored my her words of trust. The very gesture of her picking up her pups and laying them at his paws... it was precious.

Something about pups. These new little lives, so tender and fluffy and helpless... they touched some part of Garogyle's heart that he hadn't known was there. His own pups had nestled their way into his heart - and now perhaps he could make room for these as well. His nieces and nephews! The cousins of his own litter.

Oh so carefully Gargoyle nosed the pups together and closed his massive jaws about their scruffs. It was a mouthful, but it was no trouble at all. They were so, so tiny - even when compared with his own pups; He would be as tender as possible with them.

Frisk, on having the pups taken from his side, hopped up, shook out his fur and jumped immiedately to Gargoyle's side. "Wait for me!"He wasn't going to be left behind when there were babies about! No sir! He scrambled up Garogyle's leg as the Chief pulled back from the mouth of the den.

With a smile upon those gentle jaws, Gargoyle gestured with a paw for Keki to come alongside him. The walk through the tundra and timbers began. It was time to take the new family members home.

[...EXIT...]

~*~