Ardent

Administrator

gems
size
Small
build
player
Admins
06-14-2013, 12:28 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2020, 07:30 PM by Nyx.)
Site Suggestions

So, we as staff on Ardent want to know what you, as members, suggest we do to improve the site!

Feel free to post suggestions here -- for anything! Don't feel shy when it comes to suggesting things. If you would prefer anonymity, let me know and we can set something up for that as well.

Pending Suggestions

Fight System
  • other-species bonus to fight rolls, in lieu of size bonus that wolves get (suggested by relevantkoala)
  • take highest of score in melee fights rather than averaging (suggested by lunarcat7)

Skills/Specialties
  • allow selection of two specialties (suggested by lazuli) - not currently, dual specialties are on our future agenda
  • specialty suggestions: panic button (suggested by beau), reroll lowest dice in a fight (suggested by relevantkoala)

Donation Shop
  • add post-acceptance minor mutation pass as item reward (suggested by sin)

Other
  • flock/herd option for companions [non-combat] (suggested by bluetick)
  • lighter skin (suggested by cloudynight) - coming! :)
  • allow more than two companions [non-combat] (suggested by lazuli)

FINALIZED SUGGESTIONS

-

Eraithus

Habari
Bene Elohim

Beginner Intellectual (5)
Advanced Fighter (75)
gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Kingpedle

Halloween 2020 - Haunted House
04-18-2020, 08:59 PM
This was just a thought in passing, but generally speaking the only thing skills do is iccly give a character more desirable for a pack position(other than onlockable lands by skills and fighting)

So maybe putting in some randomly generated or judged systems for Hunting, healing, and navigated situations when people want? For example we could even have it where a severe maim could potentially not be as severe through a healing event where a healer tries to heal that wound? Or something along the lines of wounds from battle being treated and then a roll is made to see if a healer succesfully healed that wound/made it worse etc. Same with hunting - there's pack hunts that could possibly have a success rate through a rolling system or something similiar. In turn the pack gets a certain amount of food and perhaps some perks(+2 points to fighting etc. for two weeks to 1 ooc month) as a reward for having that prey. For navigation it could delve into natural disasters or maybe even having a chance for discovering new sub boards in certain area's with their skill.

again I'm not sure how well this would do in practice, but I feel like it would make having skills other than fighting much more fun.

Dominus

Loner

Expert Fighter (140)
Beginner Intellectual (0)
gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Sin

Valentines 2020Critical Hit!
05-28-2020, 04:55 PM
Perhaps the ability to add new threads to your thread log? So if someone tags you with a starter, you can add it to your thread log to remind yourself to reply later? ^^

Dominus has a black snake that stalks him. Unless mentioned already by me, it is welcomed to powerplay this snake and allow your character to notice it somewhere in your posts.
Dominus says bad words, he can also be very unstable. All Dominus' threads are mature.

Askan

The Hallows
Templar

Expert Fighter (160)
Beginner Intellectual (10)
gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Ali

Gold Medal 2020
06-06-2020, 06:54 PM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2020, 06:56 PM by Askan.)
So just a thought, you can change your wolfs height with gems , but how about build? Say for lore reasons you wanna make them skinny or chunky, makes sense cause weight can fluctuate and the like. Maybe do 200 gems per build option.

Say your wolf is light and you wanna make them heavy, so that would cost 400 gems. Aka 200 per state.
[Image: dcn3i8m-9c82d108-20e7-4e4d-8c63-664fb310...DJDJeXfbOA]

Álarr

Fireside
Master-of-the-Cure

Master Fighter (280)
Master Healer (300)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

VolcanoExplorer1KChristmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
07-16-2020, 08:18 AM
For the Hunting skill could we get points for a failed hunt?

More hunts are failures than successes and for the fight points you don't have to actually defeat the predator so I feel it would be fair if you don't actually have to kill the prey. You can learn a lot from your failures and I think it would be really useful for writing younger characters.

Thanks!

Askan

The Hallows
Templar

Expert Fighter (160)
Beginner Intellectual (10)
gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Ali

Gold Medal 2020
07-16-2020, 11:02 AM
How about adding running races to the navigational skill?

They could work similarly to fights, aka dice rolls are used to work out the winner. Winners get more points than the losers ect.

Thought it could be a fun way to spice up navigation threads and would make sense since a lot of the navigation specialities are all about being fast and running/escaping etc.
[Image: dcn3i8m-9c82d108-20e7-4e4d-8c63-664fb310...DJDJeXfbOA]

Brandr

Abaven
Drosera

Master Hunter (240)
Master Intellectual (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Promptober 2019
07-23-2020, 09:45 PM
This doesn't pertain to any existing fights but the raid brought the thought back to me. Not quite sure how to word this but here we go.

If you start a dominance fight and the opponent responds with a maim can you escalate to a maim fight in your second round?

I think it would just help things stay fair and it makes sense that if an opponent attacks more fiercely than you intended you might respond in kind.

Mæva

Loner

Master Hunter (280)
Master Fighter (265)
gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Bronze Medal 20201K
07-31-2020, 07:54 AM
Oof, sorry so many suggestions. I've been thinking on this one awhile.

2 day extension

If an opponent agrees could we get a two day extension on raid fights, siege fights and pack challenges? I know the limit is strictly adhered to, in order to prevent other people's chars being stuck in limbo, but some times things come up last minute and I think it would be helpful to have this option.

Injury Penalties

I need to think on this one more but for Tier 2 maims I noticed broken bones is an option. I thought it would be interesting if for 4 weeks (I'm trying to remember what we had for our old injury time lines) after injury if that character got in any fights they'd have to take a minor disability in their fights. I could see this being for other maims as well.
-Mæva's father and siblings are allowed to enter her threads regardless of the threads indication-

Aelin

gems
size
build
player
07-31-2020, 11:20 PM
The ability to do more low point skill threads as solos with the 800 word minimum

Fighting:
- fought a small predator
- crafted an item related to battle

Hunting
- tracked and killed any small animal
- crafted an item relating to hunting

Healing
- Collected an herb
- Mixed a concoction of herbs
- Planted an herb, flower, or other plant
- Crafted an item related to healing (example: ointments, tisanes, bandages, etc)

Navigation
- Explored a new land
- Studied the stars
- Studied weather patterns
- Patrol a border (whether pack border or temporary land, etc)
- Crafted an item related to navigation (example: compass, sunstone, dowsing rod, etc)

Intellect
- Collected an item to be used in crafting something unrelated to other skills
- Crafted an item not related to any other skill (example: necklace, decorative pottery, etc)

Tyrian

Fireside
King

Master Intellectual (275)
Master Fighter (250)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

ExplorerVolcano1KTreat 2019
08-31-2020, 10:31 PM
For the alpha check, I'd love it if there were more options than just pack page edits. For most packs I doubt the page needs a weekly edit in any field, even if you keep up with the pack news section. Since you can look in the mod logs and kinda see who did what, maybe make archiving threads in the pack lands an alternative to editing the pack page? It would incentivize alphas to keep up the maintenance in their own boards as well as give them an alternative to pack page edits.
Tyrian has a saber-toothed snow leopard companion named Zahir, a black-footed gray langur named Tashi and a striped skunk companion he insists on calling Righty even though her name is Daisy. Assume all are nearby if not mentioned.

Muzet

Habari
Bene Elohim

Intermediate Navigator (30)
Expert Intellectual (120)
gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Chrono

Halloween 2020 - Witches Hut
11-04-2020, 01:06 PM
Not sure if this has been suggested or discussed before but I was wondering if intellectual wolves could claim points for taught/was taught a lesson in another skill (Other than their secondary skill). Like learning how to set snares for hunting or learning about some general herbs and their properties for healing etc. Even just as a small 5 point claim. Considering they are intelligent and would probably like to know basic knowledge in all areas

!Mature! For language and sexual themes.
Muzet currently has a broken leg. Due to heal Jan. 1st of 2021.

(Mu-zah-ay Air-eh-bah)

Scent:
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Season: Spring
Height: 34 inches
Home: Habari
Maims: Muzet has a blotchy spot across her muzzle from an acid tongue. The skin here is black but it is clearly visible that she is missing hair. Looks kind of like a large snoring nose strip.

Important Details:

Plotting Thread

Valentine

Fireside
Guardsman

Master Fighter (250)
Master Intellectual (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lazuli

Famous1KVolcanoDream WeaverTrick 2019
11-05-2020, 09:54 PM
We were talking about this in discord and I want to make it an official suggestion! Ghosty specialties! I would love it if some wolves could get out of Somnium and be ghosts in the "real" world. I think a couple of specialties can be gotten from this idea; one that allows dead wolves to leave Somnium in a limited capacity and another for living wolves to summon/exorcise Somnium wolves. I don't think it should be easy to get out of Somnium and I think the ghosts should be limited in the real world, but I don't have any suggestions on where the limits should be.

I like the idea of living wolves having to roll to see whether or not they're successful in summoning or exorcising ghosts. And I like the idea of somnium wolves with the ghost specialty having to roll to get out of Somnium on their own. Perhaps there should be a challenge time limit on summoning/exorcising wolves like there is with fights? Maybe call these specialties Ghosts (so creative, I know) and Witches/Warlocks/Wizards. The sky's the limit with names.

That's all I have, sadly! I just think it would be a really fun thing for us to have.

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.