ardent

Discussion about Judging

Morphine

gems
size
build
player
03-10-2013, 02:34 PM
OH. yes, i misunderstood. but if a person overuses those unlimited dodges, i believe points should be taken away even if the dodges are realistic. because if player a utilizes well thought attacks, and player b always dodges them...it would not really be fair to player a. thus, points should be deducted.

Ifrit

gems
size
build
player
03-10-2013, 02:40 PM
Oh yes of course c: We are set up for that ^_^ and i train my judges this way.

Jupiter I

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
03-10-2013, 02:43 PM
I'll be null on the full dodge aspect. I like it, but there are times when it pains me to have to take damage from an attack that is not well thought-out. Or when they attack far too many times in a single post. I understand that they're deducted for it in the end, but the wolf still has to take damage in the end. Damage that has to unfairly be played out in IC timewhen it shouldn't have really happened much in the first place. -shrug- Just a thought, really.

Anyway, I have to diasagree with Eve. It may not sound like it, but fouror five rounds is gruesome. If any of Jupiter's fights had been ten or fifteen rounds, I would have screamed. Given up. Probably cry. Full dodge should be in any fight.

Also, would that chat be for every round? It seems to large to be for a single round.

prone to violent reaction. ic actions have ic consequences and she lives and breathes it.

public enemy #1

crawl. crawl more. drag your hands and knees across the destruction left in my wake to the ends of the earth. there's a green light of a shining star in my sky and there will not be an obstacle i will not overcome until i cup that star in my palms. the void in my will has been filled with purpose. so crawl. crawl more, love.
because i like it when you're on your knees.

Maverick

gems
size
build
player
03-10-2013, 02:44 PM
The last chart Lu posted would be for the entire fight, not per-round.

Ifrit

gems
size
build
player
03-10-2013, 02:50 PM
It would also take judging time from 3-4 days to about 30 minutes after a fight has concluded and taken a judge.

Medusa i

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
03-10-2013, 03:09 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2013, 03:19 PM by Medusa i.)
I like the current system of judging. As for it not being fair to the younger players, all I have to say is that everybody starts somewhere. I'm honestly relatively new to fighting, and I understand it's frustrating when you can't win a fight, but that should be motivation to simply get better.

If it's being changed at all, I'd like to propose a few things that be kept. Firstly, GM/PP should definitely be heavily weighted. It's the most irritating thing that occurs in a fight. Second, I don't think the victor of a fight should be the one with the least damage. Then it's just going to be hard as hell to get any damage to land in any fight, and it won't reflect the skill of those characters who are willing to sacrifice a few extra injuries in order to land a blow on a more vital area. It also allows people to be all 'LOL U DID ALL DIS AND I JUST GOT A SCRATCH ON MY TOE B/C I MOVED IT TO BLOCK MY JUGULAR TROLOLOLOLOL' with their 1 year old against a 5 year old. Yes, they might be docked in other areas, but overall I don't think injuries should be considered for the ultimate victor (aside from injury points).

Also, counters should be allowed as well as full dodges. c: Maybe I'm confused, but from what I've seen you can full dodge damage from an entire rounds of attacks, but not do a counter move for a single attack? I think a counter should be allowed if a. it's realistic b. they aren't used constantly and c. it's not gm/pped.

also if you need judges I'd be willing to try. c:

EDIT: with size, maybe just make it a strategy thing? obv a smaller wolf won't be trying to manhandle a larger one, but they might be faster or swifter, and have a bit more leverage depending on the attack. So dock points if the smaller wolf is all 'LOL I CAN PUSH UR 42 INCHES OVER', and maybe grant points if it's mentioned that they worked strategy around their size differences?

Ifrit

gems
size
build
player
03-10-2013, 03:21 PM
He would recline to his sinewy thighs, the great brute casting

muse muse muse where to begin you sex(y) thing you.

I agree with paragraph one in everything.

GM/PP should have more weight in my opinion, and Im glad you think so too, and the victor of the fight with Alacritis, is not the one who got the most damage, I abhor when people do that. It's not fair. If I get a broken rib at a tournament here in dallas, I can still fight, and Ive won by making people submit while i myself was clearly the most wounded. And again, realism, if they ar a year old, they need to be fighting like they are a year old. Inexperienced. I think serenity, who plays Chrysanthe, is the best player at maintaining this realism.

And counters, we do allow them, we just have only had two fights, y'know. and I think if we get rid of the full dodge, it gives you more need to create realism.

yes we will see on judging :3

And, as stated before, i expect the player of the smaller wolf to realize if they get smacked by a 42 inch monster, they are gonna face a bit more than a little bit of breath shortness.

Medusa i

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
03-10-2013, 03:33 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2013, 03:34 PM by Medusa i.)
xDDD

for the damage I was referring to "The winner of the fight must always be the one who dealt the most damage and received the least amount" from the first proposed judging template c:

and yeah i gotcha <3 lmao I honestly haven't read every post in this thread so sorry if I was a bit redundant, I was just highlighting a few things I'd seen. And maybe, if you get rid of full dodges, counters could make up for that c: I personally like counters vs. a full dodge, because I think they're more realistic, but I still like the idea of a full dodge because it allows the second poster to make up for the damage advantage that a first-poster gets.

WAIT IDEA LOL.

maybe the first poster, in exchange for getting full injury points in that first post, doesn't get a full dodge, but the second poster does?

Ifrit

gems
size
build
player
03-10-2013, 03:38 PM
Well, the way we judge on here, we dont give damage for thefirst round to either player, because sites that forget to balance that annoy me. xD