ardent

'Cause I'm addicted -OPEN-

Zarzenova

gems
size
build
player
02-06-2013, 03:07 PM
In the red wood forest, Zarzenova could be found walking; weaving more so among the trees. After weeks of travel; her feet sore and her legs ached. Enduring this for what? Only to seek out this new and strange land. Just before leaving her homeland, a massive sound could be heard. Expanding and reaching across with gaping fingers. The sound was as if something big had exploded in the land of Alacritis. Still the source was unknown to the female. The wolf dressed in white seemed to blend into the forest. White on white; snow on snow, a fallen angel perhaps she was, but by far Zarzenova was no angel. Ruthless and gutless; She would kill just for fun; to watch someone suffer. She looked as if she was a piece of heaven, but with a heart of hell. Bound by chains; steel cold metal snakes coiled around her soul. That basically summed up Zarzenova.

With no place in particular in mind, the female just meandered about. Taking note of her surroundings, how the trees curved, the way the forest smelled, the sounds that carried on the wind. She observed and collected these thoughts, these memories and desires for safe keeping. Who knows if she will ever need this info for future reference? Black and white. That is how one must look at things. There is no good, nor evil. Everything is just painted plainly for one to see. One must just look beyond. At least that was Zarzenova?s belief. It was a limited belief, but it did not concern the female. Carrying on with her little ?adventure? she imagined what she could do to gain the upper thrust for leadership. She hungered for it, salivated for it. But no. Her father wanted another wolf so unlike herself to be the heir. It peeved her. She was his blood! She was better, beautiful, and more cunning. What a prideful and foolish girl she was. Not realizing she was only a yearling and much too small; only weighing 95 pounds. A ragdoll really was all she was. Zarzenova was sensitive about her size at times, seeing the other, much bigger lupine around her. So she strived to be better, to fight the best, to do everything above and beyond the rest. The female cocked her petite head at the sound of a jay, its call echoing. A small smile emerged on her face; a rare thing. Standing in the snow, all movement ceased to exist. With one eye blue, the other a striking orange, she glanced around her. The feeling of this place changed. Was another beast lurking? Sniffing the air, as it filled her lungs the scent was unmistakable. Fresh blood. But where? On edge now, she knew she was not alone. Another hunter prowled. Zarzenova decided she must be wary, for who knew if it was a bear or a mere bobcat? Zarzenova didn?t want to die on her first day home.

Word count//493
Mood//Happy
Listened to// The Used
Notes// None

Ricochet

gems
size
build
player
02-06-2013, 05:44 PM
Quote:

Well isn't this just perfect, Ricochet huffed. She was displeased with the current situation. Not only had she managed to lose her family and her pack, but she was now in a land that she was fairly certain she'd never seen before. Face it, you're lost! She cursed under her breath, taking great stalking steps. She weaved aimlessly around the trees, her blackened coat getting close enough to tease the bark, but never really making contact. Now what am I going to do? Where is father when I need him? A growl sputtered from her slightly agape jaws as she huffed and puffed with obvious irritation. She had been nearer to the blast than the other Tortugans, having gone off exploring for a week or so on her own. Father had all but disappeared, leaving Kaien in charge of the beasts. This fact had all but infuriated Ricochet. She was nearly positive that her shmoozing had earned her the right to Heir of Tortuga. But alas, she had been played. Father always had been a bit prejudiced toward women and their strength. But she would show him, she would leave Tortuga forever, would strike off on her own and make a name for herself.

A growl vibrated against her lips, but was hushed as a lone bluejay sounded the alarm. She could see him, perched halfway up one of the massive trees, squawking and carrying on, all while glaring at her with beady black eyes. Oh what are you looking at? she barked. Just then, the mobile figure of another came into her peripheral vision. Just then the smell of blood distracted her. Ricochet's pupils dilated ever so slightly as she snapped her head audibly toward the source of the scent. She could see a carcass lying on the ground, but no ravenous figure hovered over it. Having been without food for the better part of a day, Ricochet sidled toward the feast without care as to whether or not it belonged to anyone. As she reached it, a casual glance was given in the direction of the wolf she'd glimpsed earlier. Though she didn't really care to know, Ricochet proposed a question. Is this yours?

Speech,

Zarzenova

gems
size
build
player
02-06-2013, 08:26 PM
?Is this yours? A voice called to Zarzenova. Looking at the noise, a wolf hovered over a blood stained carcass. On alert Zarzenova spoke in a mocking tone. ? Of course not, why would I eat someone else?s carrion?? It wasn?t hers, and really the thought disgusted her; eating someone?s left overs food. Zarzenova now had been alone for quite some time since moving. She felt slightly awkward and put off; this wolf in fact reminded her so much of herself. Picking her way through the snow; edging closer to the beast. She felt no fear, fear was a weakness and it was something to be forgotten like yesterday?s memories. With hackles slightly raised, a growl dying in her throat. What is your name beast? She asked not so politely. As she awaited an answer Zarzenova took this character in; a black coat covered the wolfs frame, whilst it had eyes of red. They ranged in different height and bulk. Zarzenova was the smallest of the pair. As this beast had bulk, and muscle. She herself looked frail. By all means she was not muscle deprived, but she did not carry the mass bulk like others of her species. For a moment she forgot the wolf in black. Thinking back to a time long ago, when she was but a pup. This in turn made her bitterly think of her father and how he had betrayed her by giving away her heir ship to that Kaien. It didn?t make sense; ruefully she scorned her father?s name. The jay called again, bringing her from the trance. What an idiot you are Zar! No wonder you weren?t crowned! Foolish, idiotic girl! Hashing herself, tearing down her wall she built. Brick by brick; stone by stone. Breaking her esteem like her father once had. Old habits die hard. With eyes of anger; Zarzenova watched her visitor with wariness. This game, the game of cat and mouse was an addiction?One learned long ago.

Word count//335
Mood//Hungry
Listened to// Of Monsters and Men
Notes// Kind of crappy. Sorry :c

Ricochet

gems
size
build
player
02-06-2013, 08:55 PM
Quote:

The carcass was that of a doe. It was not the largest, by far, but not the smallest she'd seen either. Ricochet's maw began to salivate as she gazed over it with bi-colored eyes. The amethyst one caught the wolf coming nearer as she spoke. She inhaled deeply, testing the air to be sure that the kill had not been tampered with. The she-wolf berated Ricochet's idea of eating the kill of another, and the harlot responded with a snap of her jaws and a curl of her lip. Her tail lashed in unison with these movements as she took a stiff step toward the woman. Good, then I wont have to bother with challenging you for it. I'm no fool, I don't have energy to spare on hunting something down in this godforsaken forest. Ricochet's head dipped down, the amethyst eye still on the stranger as she licked the kill hungrily. Droplets of blood coated her tongue, a few of them rolling onto her chin as she reeled in her tongue. The stranger asked her name. Ricochet Arietta Jaeger, she hissed out her full name, not bothering to care that this stranger probably knew nothing of her family. If she did, she would know what power the name Jaeger carried, but that would be a miracle.

Chiseled head dipped down once more, this time taking an actual bite from the kill. It was delicious, and though it wasn't as hot and fresh as she might've liked, it would do to satiate her hunger. She drew her head away again, lip curling once more. Are you just going to stand there? If the stranger really looked down upon eating another's kill, then surely she would not stand here the entire time that Ricochet would take to eat it. Ricochet thought to chase her off, but ignored the urge. She needed to save her energy for finding a suitable place to settle down.

Speech,

ooc; meh, mine's not great either.

Zarzenova

gems
size
build
player
02-07-2013, 02:02 AM
Ricochet Arietta Jaeger The wolf stated. Zarzenova?s head cocked to the right. Wondering if she heard the wolf correctly, she herself spoke in turn. Did you say Jaeger? No malice lingered in her vocal, only wonder and bewilderment. It was strange that this wolf would bear the name Jaeger, for so did Zarzenova. It can be. It just can?t be, or could it be? The female asked herself. Memories she kept hidden; behind a curtain. Ones she wished not to forget but knew they were of no importance to her. It was family. She remembered pup hood, herself and her siblings. Her mother, and father. The innocence of being so young and care free were torn away from her, slashed and murdered. There was no time for games when you were learning to murder your own. The wolf asked another question; its mouth full. Zarzenova paid no attention to it or its ramblings. Still referring the wolf as an it was amusing to her. Fully she knew it was a female like herself. But ha! It made her feel like she was the upper dog here.

Funny you should mention the name Jaeger. Zarzenova started. She was trying to find a way delicately to tell the wolf who she was. It was much more difficult than she originally thought to keep the mocking tones, and anger out of her voice. It sounded like a war between worlds, fighting for control of who she was. My name is Zarzenova Jaeger Break it clean. Rip is off like a band aid. There was no need to beat around the bush. Could this be a family member she had lost? Zarzenova had thought she lost most in, or at least was separated for the time being, in the explosion. Maybe, just maybe. The female ached for companionship, never willing to reveal it. It was a lonely existence, pretending you?re the last one, pretending you can best them all.

Word count//329
Mood//Sad
Listened to// The Used
Notes// I wrote at midnight so it is crap. But then again I think most of my post are xD
Muse// Blah

Ricochet

gems
size
build
player
02-08-2013, 04:14 PM
Quote:

Much to the harlot's surprise, the woman seemed to recognize her surname. Ricochet ceased her chomping for a moment and lifted her head, puffing out her chest with pride. I certainly did. A smirk crossed her features. Was this another refugee of the eruption? So another had managed to escape. Pity, Ricochet had thought she might be starting a whole new life on her own, devoid of any stragglers from her past. The blackened beast continued to watch the stranger with a renewed sense of curiosity. Who was this she-wolf who had heard the name of Jaeger? Anyone in the old Alacritia could have heard the name Jaeger quite easily, it was popular being that her father had been the leader of a large and prominent pack. However, just where this stranger had heard of Tortuga would be interesting to learn. Could it be by some miracle that this was a fellow Tortugan?

She ceased her musing as the woman spoke up again, starting off a sentence before trailing off. Oh Ricochet did hate when people spoke like that. Get to the point! My food is getting colder.. And there it was. Zarzenova Jaeger. What?! Ricochet took a step back, the fur on her back and neck bristling, the right side of her lip curling up. Her head moved downward, parallel to her spine as she glared at the creature before her. It must be a lie. Zarzenova was gone, had vanished from Tortuga, or at least had managed to skirt under Ricochet's radar for quite some time. Bi-colored eyes scanned appraisingly over the female's frame, noting how very similar she looked to what Ricochet could remember of Zarzenova. It couldn't be a lie, no one could lie that well.

Well well well.. how have you been, 'Nova? Remember? I used to call you that.. Her figure released it's built up tension, her muscles uncoiling from their poised position. She rocked back onto her haunches, a placid look now taking over the suspicious one on her face. Temporarily she would forget her blatant hunger, after all.. it wasn't every day you ran into your long lost sibling. I don't suppose our dear brother Jokull is lurking about somewhere as well? Jokull had been around longer than Zarzenova had, but he too had vanished into thin air. Just where did her family get off disappearing out of nowhere?

Speech,

ooc; your posts are fabulous, Em <3

Zarzenova

gems
size
build
player
02-10-2013, 12:04 AM
As the female stated her name, she saw the shock on the black ones face. How the creatures body moved, the glare the beheld Zarzenova. She quite liked the puzzlement and chaos she was causing; wrecking the poor creatures? emotions. Well well well.. how have you been, 'Nova? Remember? I used to call you that.. Zarzenova knew who this was, her dear sister. She knew it when Ricochet said her name. But this had been a game of cat and mouse, baiting and throwing around words and memories. ?I remember. How are you Ricochet?? Pleased to see her sister, Zarzenova did not remember how long it had actually been since she last set eyes upon her. It made her think of Alacritia, of home. I don't suppose our dear brother Jokull is lurking about somewhere as well? Was what Ricochet said next. Ha, Zarzenova had not thought of Jokull in forever. Independent as she was; Zarzenova did not stick around long enough to see the fates of her family. But now the female was reunited at last with her dear sister. ? Jokull? Sorry dear, but I have not seen him since I left.? As she spoke, the female rocked back on her haunches and sat. The earth was cool against her hot skin, her fur making the winter chill seem childlike though. Her multi-colored eyes watched Ricochet; even though Zarzenova appeared tough, she was glad to have companionship. Her heart leaped, and she felt light and happy once more. Maybe now she wouldn't have to be alone. Maybe now that she had a piece of family back that life would not merely be a dreary existence.

Her white head cocked to the right slightly, a question on the tip of her tongue. ? Tell my Ricochet, how is everyone? I long to hear about what has become of Tortuga?? Zarzenova hoped her sister would open up about this. It was a tender spot for her herself; all she can do is only imagine how it must be a sore spot for Ricochet too. They were blood, so why not feel the same way about dear father?

Word count//359
Mood//Pleased
Listened to// Miss Murder
Notes// My brain feels like mush. Aww thankie Andy <3 Your posts are fabulous too!
Muse// So-so

Ricochet

gems
size
build
player
02-11-2013, 04:59 PM
Quote:

Blackened plumed tail curled delicately around her haunches. Ricochet's overall untouched frame sat pristinely in front of her sister. Her face was sober - albeit pleased - though her insides were burning with joy at finding her sister once more. Perhaps this way she could hold on to one shred of her family that was still moderately intact. The betrayal of her father and the loss of Tortuga had nearly been too much to bear, sending the woman into a persona that she was not used to playing, but now she could go back to who she was, or even develop into someone new. I've seen better days. She heaved a sigh, recalling the events of the past week. Bi colored eyes rolled and narrowed slightly as Jokull was brought back up. It seemed Zarzenova had not seen him either. A growl reverberated in her trachea as she thought of him. He'd always been the oddball of the trio, not that any of them were normal by any standards. Figures, she muttered in vain. Ricochet would just have to resolve that he had probably moved on, gotten lost in the wind, or was lying dead somewhere. No matter which of the three it was, it was doubtful he'd ever return.

As her sister spoke up, Ricochet listened intently, both ears swiveled forward so she wouldn't miss a thing. Funny how eager she was to hear someone speak to her. Normally Ricochet only liked tying webs of lies around other wolves and then weaving her way out of them. It was delicate fun, something that she was masterful at. But now, now she had resorted to listening. I know not what has become of them. Father left Kaien in charge of Tortuga, and shortly after that the volcano erupted. I haven't seen any of them since. I don't even know if they are alive, not that I really care at this point.. She muttered the last part, but it was still incredibly audible and she was sure her sister would pick up on it. Now you tell me, where did you get off to? I haven't seen you in months. She tilted her head upward as the jay who had sounded earlier shifted into the tree directly above her, chattering off his alarm once more. A swift bark shut him up rather quickly, but she knew he'd return.

Speech,

ooc; mmm.. muse is escaping me today, but eh.. it's here. xD

Zarzenova

gems
size
build
player
03-03-2013, 06:56 PM
The alabaster female listened to her dear sisters words, clinging helplessly to them. She was not the one to admit to missing home or family; she hid this part well, seeming less and less a breathing, living being. Kaien. Oh how she detested that name! How could her father leave her home in care of...him?! It was outrageous. Zarazenova knew already about this, but it still happened to make her blood boil. The volcano was catastrophic also, but lucky for her, she was nowhere near the explosion. Only hearing about it through the grape vine, and in fact hearing the massive noise.

With eyes of azure and titian, she watched Ricochet. She wondered about what had happened in their mere lives since she left. She hungered to know what had become of father. The only male she worshipped, she would have walked to the ends of the earth for him. But now she was betrayed. It was as if he took a spike and stabbed her heart, skewered it for all to see. No one knew what the woman held inside. No one could possibly understand her confused, muddled feelings. Shoving aside these 'things', Zarazenova contemplated Ricochets question. Where had she been? " Well..." She began. This was something she had to think about. " I have basically been up and about, never staying in a place for too long." Pausing a moment to collect her thoughts. " I have traveled all over Alacritia, just for my own pleasure." She was one for travel. Unbound, Zarazenova was a spirit who could not be held down with family ties and rules. She had to leave, to explore. It was fun while it lasted. The independent soul arose from her spot. With body bowing into a play stance, stretching her back. Her muscles unwound and settled down, no more kinks. Once through, the female settled back on the dry pine needles, her tail curled around her. " It is good to see you again sister" A small smile played upon her face, and for once she meant what she said.