ardent

Teach Me Something Worth My While

Exodus

gems
size
build
player
11-10-2014, 12:31 PM

Exodus would sit where a good amount of the dens in Isokan laid out. He could feel the sense of the few that were resting in here during the day. Wondering, he thought if any were empty for him or he needed to make a new one, but he needed help to do so.

Really he would sit out here to listen to the few wildlife in the Northern Mines. Whatever birds were staying behind, or staying longer, before the winter came in. Exodus needed to get used to the snow and freeze to live here, but he didn't plan to leave. Arian had given him a home here and he would stick to it.

He did hope he met Othello again someday. Especially when he was grown and made his own life. But going out and finding her on his own now would have to be the hardest thing he could do. He just wished Othello would see him as one of her own, and have that sense of pride in him.

Walk "Talk" Think

Sage I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
11-10-2014, 01:49 PM

The man lay at the entrance to his den. The icy wind nipped at his snout and paws, the only parts of him exposed. With a sigh he opened his eyes. All warmth from the sun taken away by the rolling clouds, he rose to his feet, arching his back and lowering his head to stretch. With a yawn, he moved out into the cold. It was getting way to cramped inside with all his herbs inside. Soon he wouldn't fit. Maybe he should make a new one and have that simply for stores... He shook his head. That would be wasteful.

Silently the man wandered through. His paws making muffled pads against the ground. He felt relaxed after his nap,more so than usual. He'd been a bit stressed in the rush to prepare his healing supplies for winter. Now that he was almost finished a bit of the wait was lifted from his shoulders. Maybe he'd have time to get further acquainted with his packmates. The task had taken up most of his time. The healer paused as a wolf came into view. The male sat quietly in the middle of the maze of dens. Sage barked friendily to the male, moving so that he approached him from the front. The healer immediately saw the silliness in his eyes, so he slowed his walk accordingly. Good day, sir. I'm Sage. Do you need any help? Perhaps he'd assumed wrong but the male seemed like he had a purpose sitting there. Sage slowed to a stop about a metre away from the wolf.

"Burn Baby Burn"

Exodus

gems
size
build
player
11-10-2014, 05:37 PM

Exodus could feel the crunching on the ground, but not too long before the voice of a stranger approached him. His ears would swivel, focusing on the man and other noises around him. But he wouldn't take long to answer him, being a bit awkward but getting better at being social.

"Oh, hi. I'm Exodus."

He thought of how Arian mentioned the name Sage when she brought him here. And though he wasn't going to rush into learning about herbs and whatnot, he was willing to get friendly with the man first.

"Arian told me about you."

Should he had called her lady Arian? Or maybe Soul Arian? Eh, it was too late for that. Sage had asked if he needed help with anything and he came at the right time. Exodus didn't think it was because of his disability, he was just kind of witting in the center of the den sites. A little odd.

"I don't have a den yet, I didn't know if there was already an empty one I could use?"

Walk "Talk" Think

Sage I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
11-12-2014, 11:59 AM

Sage smiled as the man introduced himself, even if he couldn't see it. It's a pleasure to meet you, Exodus. Sage moved a little closer so that he could hear Exodus a little more clearly then sat down. He grunted a little in surprise when he told the healer of his mention. Odd.
"I don't have a den yet, I didn't know if there was already an empty one I could use?" Aah. That made sense. I see. Well, I'd be happy to help you with that. In fact, I was just about to go and find a small kneel for myself. My current one has grown a little cramped with my healing suplies He chuckled lightly. Would you prefer a new one? Or a previously made one? Slowly the healer rose to his feet, tail wagging slowly behind him. Exodus seemed nice. He'd help the youngster as long as he needed.

"Burn Baby Burn"

Exodus

gems
size
build
player
11-16-2014, 12:58 AM

Unseen pupils would move under the haze, eyeing the shadow of the man repeating Exodus' name. Exodus, in return would dip his chin as if to say it was a pleasure as well.

The man would agree to help him, though he didn't ask directly. He would think only a few seconds not really thinking of what he wanted. He never had a brand new den, only one that was always filled with a hundred scents. Maybe an empty one wouldn't be so homey to him.

"Um... It doesn't matter. A used one will be fine if there are any."

Though he kind of hoped that he could have a den by the male. Arian had told him that Sage would teach him of herbs, and the two had met now and he seemed very friendly. Plus, Exodus wouldn't mind helping him stock. That was, after he learned because he could tell by the color.

Walk "Talk" Think

Sage I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
11-16-2014, 07:16 AM

Sage nodded. He could probably find one comfortable enough for the man. There were plenty scattered about. He himself needed only a small one. In his previous pack, they had lived from little, taking only the bare minimum to survive. Here the abundance of places to sleep sheltered from the cold was a luxury.

He got to his feet, giving a quick shake of his fur. "Well, Exodus. Shall we begin? I'm sure we can find one to your liking. I'll look for one along the way." He said in light tones. He turned towards one of the entrances to to the mines, but did not move yet.
?

"Speech"
'thoughts'

Exodus

gems
size
build
player
11-18-2014, 04:48 PM

The boy would nod again, standing as Sage walked away. But he would start to make his way to the mine entrance uneasy. He still wasn't used to his blindness, he should have been. Maybe he just never got around enough. He was doing better to move around obstacles he could trip over, but only when he was walking. He couldn't even remember the last time he went for a run. He came to the entrance and had his nose pointing to the black hole.

"I'm not so well in the dark."

His voice would say without emotion. He saw light, he couldn't imagine being completely blind. Sure he survived to make it this far, but it's been such a hard journey for him. He didn't even want to imagine something worse. Because he still wasn't done learning.

He only assumed that the male was walking into the mines, but he could have been wrong. He thought so since he stopped and waited. Might as well know anyway.

Walk "Talk" Think

Sage I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
11-20-2014, 01:43 PM

Sage walked towards the entrance. He moved in time with Exodus, staying just a bit in front of him. They were sure to find some dens. Every so often he would glance behind him at the boy. Just as they were about to enter the mines, Exodus slowed to a stop.
"I'm not so well in the dark." he said. Sage exhaled, stopping at the same time. "Oh, sorry, Exodus. I'll stay beside you, so you won't get lost. I'll make sure to find somwhere with some light, okay?" Sage said apologetically. Gently he nudged the boy on the shoulder, asking him if he wanted to proceed.

"Burn Baby Burn"