Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
11-09-2014, 10:03 PM

If ever the weather had been perfect for relaxing, this was the time. It was midday, the sun beating down on the southern continent, a slight breeze rustling the fur of the wolves and the leaves of the trees. At the edge of the creek in a slight gap in the cattails, a dark-hued brute laid beside a smaller grown creature. His nose pointed down toward the water and he watched his reflection, ruby eyes staring into ruby eyes, as his companion slept.

They had heard rumor among the animals that a land bridge had opened, a bridge that would reconnect them to the mainland. Both wolves and their prey had been journeying to and from each side, curiosity getting the best of them, but Killian was not curious. He knew what awaited him on the Alacritian continent. Heartache. Crushed dreams. Devastation. He had absolutely no reason to go back to that place, especially not now that his goal had been accomplished to some degree. He did not need the backing of a pack to carry out some vengeful mission anymore. He needed nothing from that place.

Despite having succeeded in getting his revenge on the bastard that had left him with his prior injury, Killian still felt lacking. Something was missing from his life, and its absence only made him angrier by the day. As far as he would admit to himself, he had gotten exactly what he wanted. He had never wanted anything else in his life. What was wrong with him? Killian snorted, the air expelled from his nose causing the water below it to ripple and distort his reflection, the way his mind felt distorted right now.

thank you wolfie!

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
11-09-2014, 10:14 PM

She?d spent much more time than expected down here, but everything seemed so fresh and exciting that she?d not found it in herself to leave yet. She knew that Motif would need her, but she was starting to use the excuse of the need for herbs to justify her long absence. Surely neither Motif nor Bass could argue with that logic.
She felt rather calmed as her dark paws carried her effortlessly up the creek. She?d been following the cattails for a while, the combination of the sun?s gentle rays and the breeze that played with her fur she felt at ease. That same easy pace would slow as she caught wind of another wolf not long before she?d lay eyes upon him. Curiosity would overtake her, and instead of avoiding potential encounters she would welcome this one. Was there another beast sitting beside him?
Dark ears were turned forward as she tipped her head inquisitively, impossibly bright blue eyes searching his form as she drew a bit closer before greeting him softly, "hello?"

""

Killian1

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
11-09-2014, 10:36 PM

A voice broke the silence around him and he hesitated, eyes narrowing. Was he in the mood to talk today? Perhaps if he ignored her, she'd go away. Or she could be a total lunatic and attack. Uncertain of what to do, Killian glanced to his side for guidance. The marten was usually a reliable companion, one he could count on to help him at any time, including when it came to making decisions for the indecisive. Smee hadn't moved but he had opened one eye, which he trained on his friend only momentarily before closing it and curling further into himself.

It seemed the brute was on his own today.

He scoffed as he turned to face forward again and slowly pushed up to his feet. He would take his sweet time if Smee wasn't interested in helping him. Perhaps she'd leave out of boredom before he spoke. He stretched slowly, arching his back and pressing his legs hard against the ground. He straightened and shook out his fur before turning to face the stranger, his crimson eyes meeting her sky-blue. "Hello," he finally responded, a small smirk playing on his lips.

thank you wolfie!

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
11-09-2014, 11:06 PM

Her head would continue to tilt in a more curious fashion as she watched him, was this one of the southerners that her sister had met? Would he find her presence worthy even? For a moment she thought he might be ignoring her question, and really that was okay. She could easily walk on, there were many places she still had to see before heading back to the pack. Eventually though she?d watch as the brute would rise to his feet, bright red gaze coming to linger on her own features.
The faintest of smiles would play at her features as she took a seat, their distance enough that she was comfortable should he end up being a little funny in the brain. His words were similarly english, and she had to guess that she was not from this part of the world either. "Hi, um I was passing by and was kind of curious about your friend." Carnivores were usually competitors, but she supposed sometimes you could make friends. "I?m, Rhythm by the way."

""

Killian1

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
11-09-2014, 11:27 PM

The girl seemed relaxed, immediately sitting back on her haunches while Killian remained standing. She wasn't much smaller than him, but enough to make a difference. He looked her over quickly, taking in the color of her fur, the strange markings in it, her build. Killian was a natural flirt and he was certainly tempted by this attractive female, but he would hold off the best he could. After all, it wasn't him she was interested in at the moment.

He actually chuckled at her question, shaking his head slightly as he did. "Well, Rhythm, I'm Killian. My friend here is Smee. He's a bit shy, unfortunately, so he probably won't get up and acknowledge you. He is listening, though." He glanced toward the over-sized rodent and narrowed his eyes, irritated somewhat at having to endure this conversation on his behalf. He had only seen the marten interact with one other wolf, a woman he was desperate to erase from his mind.

"So, what would you like to know?" He turned his face back to the girl, smirk re-plastered on his maw.

thank you wolfie!

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
11-10-2014, 12:02 AM

Her eyes didn?t often seek out the attractiveness of wolves she met, not once had she thought my, this man is handsome. However as her eyes would lay upon his face she wouldn?t help but to notice a rugged handsomeness about him. Not that she would have ever thought to act on those notions. He?d chuckle softly at her question, and for a moment she would wonder if he was disappointed.
Those thoughts were whisked away with his easy words, starting he?d give her his own name and that of his companion. He?d give her a bit more information as his eyes strayed back to his much smaller form. "Hello, Smee." She?d call out softly, taking that he?d at least hear her call out. Killian would direct his attention back to her, ready to answer the questions on her mind. "How long have you known each other?" the first important question, "How did you meet?" Maybe she wanted to find a friend too. She never wished children, but a companion to talk to with on her adventures?

""

Killian1

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
11-10-2014, 09:11 PM

Even knowing she wouldn't get a response, the girl greeted the resting marten. As predicted, Smee didn't move a muscle other than the steady rise and fall of his body with his breathing. Fake sleeping, how obvious, Killian thought with another laugh. She then dove right into her questioning, luckily asking some easy ones.

"Smee has been with me almost two years," he replied nonchalantly, finally relaxing back on his rump. "He was living on his own, as his kind usually does, but with all of the wolves hunting in the area he was having a little trouble finding food. He watched me rough housing with another wolf one day and started following me after that." The memory was both good and bad for him. Good because it was the day he had found his companion, bad because it was a memory of her.

"At first it was a little irritating, but he started helping me out when he could and I'll admit, I got attached. I help him corner rodents, he helps me corner larger prey, and we both reap the benefits." Food was what their relationship was based on, so it was the easiest way to explain the bond between them. However, it went much further than that. They were able to communicate without words, their thoughts being always similar. They had kept each other alive. They were, in all possible senses of the word, brothers.

thank you wolfie!

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
11-11-2014, 02:45 PM

Of course the odd creature would not move, just as she had been told, but still it was the thought that would count, right? Either way, Killian seemed rather pleasant company, she felt no burning feelings of needing to run from him. So the girl would listen easily to his answers, finding them quite satisfactory as he explained. Smiling slightly as she watched him also take a seat before her. It seemed it was Smee?s decision first to start following the man before her, finally explaining that they?d stayed together because of the ability to catch food. She could only suspect that it had become much more than just a dining arrangement.
He?d finish and she?d find her eyes back upon the companion, wondering what thoughts were going through his head as he chose Killian to follow. Was he special? "That?s a nice story." It seemed to have a happy ending from what she could see of the pair. "You don?t think you might be able to demonstrate this skill.. would you?" Her head would tilt curiously again as she looked at him before shifting her attention upon Smee. Really it was his decision, and he looked rather comfortable where he was. "Or could tolerate my presence until then?" She?d add with a sheepish chuckle.

""

Killian1

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
11-18-2014, 07:34 PM

Killian could have answered her question, but it wasn't really his to answer. He wasn't particularly fond of the idea of another tagging along, it wasn't something he was remotely used to. From the moment the brute had accepted his companion, it had been only Killian and Smee against the world. But this girl didn't seem very imposing or annoying, and unless he intended to frighten her away or kill her, the odds weren't high of convincing her that her idea was a poor one.

He looked to the marten, whose head lifted from the ground after a lengthy silence. That was enough of a response for Killian. Had Smee wished to deny the vixen her request, he would have continued to ignore her. Instead, he looked right at her, blinked a few times, then rose to his feet. He still remained speechless as he marched over to his master's side, sitting close beside him. Killian nodded his head before looking back up at Rhythm, a familiar smirk on his face.

"Well, it appears you may. We could attempt to go now, but it could take some time. Finding prey is not always as easy as I'd like to say it is." He wasn't keen on revealing his tracking skill quite yet, but she would see it once they moved. "Would you like to try now, or would you like to rest for a while? It is up to you, since you are our guest."

thank you wolfie!

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
11-21-2014, 12:28 PM

Killian would not answer her question, as she realized it was not his to answer to give. Her eyes would fall to Smee, her expression curious as he would pull himself from the feigned slumber he'd put himself in. He would still be unwilling to say anything but the creature was willing to stand and accept her request.
Rhythm had to keep herself from squealing with delight, though a rather large grin would make its way to her features as the martin made it's way to his companion's side. Killian would find his eyes back upon her own gaze as his words would leave dark lips, He wouldn't give her any promises, and would make sure she was comfortable before they went on. "I can handle it!" She would admit eagerly, she didn't realize she would be so excited about this opportunity, but at least they would realize she was grateful.

""