Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
11-19-2014, 11:12 PM

The massive form of Gargoyle and Ocena's biological intertwining was far away from home. She had felt a great disturbance of the normally quiet atmosphere of Solstice, causing her to flee before it swept over her like an ocean wave. Bloodshed was good for the world, but not within the sanctity of her home. When she was in Valhalla...the mere thought of her past brought a shadow of sadness to her features. She was trying to get away from the hurt and despair of today. She didn't want it to continue to follow her. With a weary head, she shook away her thoughts and pushed onward.
When she reached the Submerged Woods, she knew she was in the right place. Snow surrounded her, challenging her pelt to its fullest extent. She didn't turn away from the cold, but embraced it as she firmly walked across the snow bank. Her feelings about the North were similar to Gargoyle's, if not more so. She wanted to make her parents proud, and someday, she would do it. For now, all she could do was enjoy the scenery...and secretly wishing she could bite one of the large trees in half.

"Talk"
"You" Think

Art||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3WinnerDouble MasterLegendaryFamous
1KVolcanoDream WeaverTrick 2019
11-26-2014, 08:41 PM

Nose pointed down, Valentine stared into the ice between his paws. Far below him a tree grew, the base of the monstrous trunk hidden by the distance between them. Suspended in ice, the youthful, vibrantly colored leaves appeared as perky as the day they were submerged.

The crunch of snow drew his gaze up and Valentine's head lifted just in time for him to watch a fae approach. His ears rose at the sight of her, his features, still bright with a childish delight from his frozen discovery, brightened further. "Hello," he boomed, voice clearing the distance between them easily.

His head tipping to the side to motion to the treetop poking out of the ice, he queried, "Have you ever seen anything like this?"

"Talk" "You" Think

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Aures

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
11-27-2014, 01:02 PM

line-height: 18px; letter-spacing: 1px;">

The scent of an unfamiliar being rose in the cold air surrounding the trees, reaching Odette's nose without much effort. She raised her head so her eyes could fall upon a large, dark blue male, whom was obviously admiring the trees. When he looked up to greet her, his gaze was bright and she saw the inner child looking out to the present day. It was remarkable and something she rarely saw to begin with. For a split second, she was able to let her own inner child greet him in her red and blue eyes.

His inquiry about the scenery around them caused Odette to smile. The small change in her face effected her facial features, brightening them and making her eyes sparkle. So long it had been since she had given any type of positive outlook to a stranger...it felt nice. Her pearly whites reflected the wintery sunlight, and as the cold air swept around them, she took a few steps towards the dark stranger. "I am happy to say I have," she admitted. "That doesn't keep me from being amazed every time I return." Her big paws carried her through the thick layer of snow, bits and pieces of the white stuff clinging to her thick fur. "The North has some impressive wonders that not many know about."

"Speech"

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

11-28-2014, 12:14 PM

She grinned back at him and approached, her vivid, mismatched gaze locking him on place. It wasn't until she spoke that he unfroze, his grin widening. So she'd been here before? Lived here? Traveled through here?

He was surprised to see, as she neared, that she was nearly as tall as he. Several inches separated them in height, but she was still quite a bit taller than the general population. "Is that so?" he queried in response to her final statement. "I haven't spent much time here...actually, this is my first trip."

The wind picked up, blowing some of the snow into the hole he'd cleared to look through the ice. Valentine brushed it away absentmindedly. "I'm Valentine, but the way."

"Talk" "You" Think

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Aures

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
11-28-2014, 12:49 PM

The small difference in their heights made Odette feel more inclined to raising her head. She didn't come across many wolves that wouldn't cower when she stood to her fullest height, so coming across this large and dark male was definitely a nice change. Her gaze gave off a natural twinkle as she raised both eyebrows to his confession. "Is it really?" she asked, tones evident with her soft surprise and teasing manner. "Then, I am afraid, you have only scraped the very tip of the iceberg." Odette looked up and around them, taking in the majestic trees that stood frozen in time.

His introduction slipped to her ears on the blistery wind, making her lower her head to greet his gaze once more with her own. "Nice to meet you, Valentine," she countered. "I am Odette." She couldn't help but have her smile widen as she took a few more steps towards him. "So, Mr. Valentine, what brought you out this far?" Curiosity and restlessness were Odette's best friends growing up, but one continued to stick around more often than the latter. The man looked interesting; she only hoped his appearance matched his personality.

Talk like this

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

11-28-2014, 09:44 PM

Her response surprised him, his expression changing to convey that fact. If this was only a small part of the North's splendor, then he couldn't begin to imagine what the rest was like. "Really," came his incredulous question. "Well then, I'm glad to have met you too, Odette, because I'm afraid I would have been inclined to abandon the cold much sooner if you hadn't informed me of the North's finer points." If there were sights to see, he was willing to stick around for a bit longer.

She asked what had brought him so far north and he sighed, gaze searching the sky for a moment before returning to her face. "Boredom, mostly. I can't stand sitting still for too long." He shrugged. "My horizons need to be broadened a bit too."

"Talk" "You" Think

Aures

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
11-29-2014, 03:17 PM
Odette Adravendi

She raised his eyebrows at his words and she couldn't help but playfully snort. "Then you must decide to explore of the North...It is worth the effort." She spoke the truth, facts that she had from memories and seeking out new sights because of her restless paws. One thing Odette wished she had from her past was her family living where the snow and wonderful sights that came with the North. She would have enjoyed waking up to nothing but white and chilly air, new adventures possibly laid out for her and her littermates. If only, though...if only.

He gave his reason for arriving to the North was because of boredom and she couldn't help but smile bigger. "I don't blame you for that, to be honest," she said. "My paws have always been restless, since I was little. I could never stay in one place for too long without having to explore another part of the world."

I speak

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

11-30-2014, 02:17 PM

The way she described herself was eerily similar to how he would have described his tendency to wander. It was if if she'd plucked the words from his thoughts. He grinned. "I'm the same way, there's always new adventures to be had, new places to see."

So there was more to the North to see, huh? She seemed to know a lot about the territory, so it made sense to ask her more about it. "Any places in particular you'd recommend? For sightseeing, I mean."

"Talk" "You" Think

Aures

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
12-01-2014, 09:41 PM

When he agreed with her words, her eyes began to shine even more. To know that another was like her, in front of her and evidently alive was something she had secretly pined for since she was a yearling. The fact that she had been alone for most of her short life was enough to say that she felt more tender-hearted towards the world that had been so cruel to her at the age of a pup. Now, she thought, life was not so horrible. "There is always something to see in the world, especially when you get to wake up to a sunrise in a new place almost every morning." The faded memories of enjoying such leisurely moments made her nostalgic.

Valentine then asked of the places she knew of in the North that were worth exploring. A knowing smile crossed her lovely features as she took a few more steps towards him. Her head rose to admire the gleaming, frozen statues of life as she spoke. "Aside from this legendary forest, there are a few. The Snowfalls, for one, is a glorious place. There is a wonderful cave surrounded by pine trees that never lose their straw and always have snow resting upon their branches." Her red and blue gaze was lowered so they would meet his own. "Its beauty comes at a price. Trenches are hidden beneath the snow, threatening those who are not familiar with the layout to fall to sudden death." Her seriousness was immediately smoothed over by a gentle giggle before she said, "Unless you go with someone who knows the way."

She thought of more places that had a glorious view and she reclined to her haunches. "The Wall is a wondrous site to visit. If you want to be amazed with history, you can't go wrong by going there." Her memory tried to think of more places and one finally appeared in her thoughts. "There is a geyser that shoots hot water into the air before it comes down as solid ice. If you stay away at the proper distance, then you won't have to worry about getting hit." For some reason, after telling Valentine about the places to visit, she began to really miss actually living near the North. A hint of her twinkle evaporated into the cold air and she looked away from the blue male to the trunk next to him. "The North is full of life and beauty, but only a few can actually appreciate its worth."

Talk like this