Hialeah

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
12-14-2014, 11:02 PM

She’d been running for what seemed like hours from something that was obviously trying to kill her. Reaching the strange thing, she figured it might have some good places to hide, so she made her way towards it and found a hole in the side. She leapt through the hole and made her way up a strange set of steps. Up, up she went until she finally found daylight again. It was cold here. She enjoyed the cold and loved snow. Being mostly white, she blended in well and was rarely spotted in the snow.

Something told her she was in a safe place, and the thing that had been trying to get her was gone. It may have been nothing; a twig snapping could usually set her running if she was in a new place. She’d never seen anything like what she was now exploring. Seemed to have traces of a strange species having been here long ago. Scared, Hialeah wondered what she should do now.
SPEECH

Aures

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
12-14-2014, 11:12 PM

Odette was always one to wander far from home, particularly because the climates were so different. Now that she was living in the North, there was nothing but snow, snow, snow. For someone who was used to seeing various sunrises and sunsets, it was nice to be in one place while the world turned. She felt more alive and more at home than she had ever been in her entire life. Her chest swelled with happiness as she walked through the thickly layered snow. This Hemisphere was made for her. She would be damned if some stupid piece of existence would try to keep her from the cold atmosphere.

The Alphess of Glaciem moved through the snow, coming up to an unfamiliar sight in front of her. A ship, stuck in time and the ice, jutted out from the ground after years of freezing and refreezing ice that surrounded it. Curiosity, a friend of hers that never left her side, peeked its pretty head and she felt a tug in the ship's direction. The outside of it was dark and rusty, looking like it had just dropped from the cold skies above. When she finally reached it, Odette couldn't help but poke the ship. It made a dull clang, sending soft vibrations through the thick metal. Eyebrows rose and she felt a scent hit her nose. Someone had just been here...or maybe, still was.

Talk like this

Hialeah

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
12-15-2014, 07:56 PM (This post was last modified: 12-15-2014, 07:57 PM by Hialeah.)

As she hid inside, she heard a ‘thunk’ on the side of…whatever it was she was hiding in. She jumped and a small cry escaped her muzzle. She smelled the other wolf, a female, but she didn’t care because this one could hurt her just as bad as the thing that had been chasing her. She wasn’t sure what she would do, only that she did not want to die. Being in a new place, with new things and new smells only made her fear worse.

H-help! She called, a bold move on her part. She knew the thing could hear her and get her, but she would rather not be stuck in this giant metal contraption that was obviously ancient. She knew the wolfess could hurt her, but she didn’t have any choice, as she’d gotten herself stuck in a criss-cross of bars and metal pieces and she couldn’t get her leg free.

Aures

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
12-16-2014, 12:04 PM

Odette heard a muffled yelp, something that definitely peeked her interest. Her inquisitive nature pulled her towards the inside of the ship, whose entrance wasn't too far from where she stood. Tan paws stepped up on the ramp and her massive frame easily slipped in through the open doorway. She craned her neck upward and her bi-colored gaze took in all of the shadowy details within the ship. The ghost of humans' past felt foreboding, but Odette figured if something wanted to eat her, it would have tried already. Without wasting a minute, she proceeded to climb the stairs to her right.

The stairwell wasn't very long, so her trip to the second deck was a short one. Odette moved her head side to side, taking in more of the massive boat with each step. Her breath rose into small ice crystals in front of her face as she slowly padded through the long hall. Finally, after wondering where the source of the scent and cry was, she saw her. White fur stood out against a large pile of cold, metal pieces that had fallen and froze together after years of being neglected. She saw the bright purple gaze and her own sparkly set of eyes remained warm. Odette took a slow step towards her, then another, before finally asking, "Are you all right?" Of course she could see that the girl was in distress -- she wasn't stupid -- but she wanted to let the stranger tell her what was wrong before making any sudden moves.

Talk like this

Hialeah

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
12-16-2014, 12:25 PM

Hialeah was frantic, trying to get her leg free. She pulled and pulled, but to no avail. She could not free her leg and it made her more scared. She heard the lady coming, hopefully to her aide and not to hurt her, and barked once loudly. She didn’t want the woman to miss her, as she desperately needed help.

I..My leg…It’s stuck and I cannot get it free… She said, her voice full of fear and worry. Bright purple eyes pleaded for help. She was afraid that if she did not get free, something could eat her. She was, after all, a very vulnerable wolf in all senses. She was fearful, shy, and did not like to fight. She continued to pull, trying harder and harder to free her own leg, and felt the metal begin to cut her, causing her to yelp a little.

Aures

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
12-19-2014, 11:54 AM
Odette Adravendi

She watched as the wolf didn't calm down, but continued to rise in her distress. Instead of deciding to be an ass and yell at her, Odette's nature (inherited from Ocena and Chrysanthe) of kindness stepped forward. She reclined to her haunches and tried to meet the girl's scared gaze. "Look at me," she softly commanded, hoping that she would. Once their eyes met, Odette gave a warm smile and continued. "You are not in any danger while I am here. I am here to help you and the more you squirm, the worse your leg will feel." Her eyes roved to the leg that was still stuck. "I will do my best to set you free," she added, a promise she intended to keep.

She rose from the cold floor of the ship and proceeded to check out the metal bars. They had formed an almost inescapable fortress for an unsuspecting wolf, something Odette wouldn't wish on anyone she knew. Her tan paws moved her closer and she got into the proper position to pull the cold trap from around the girl's leg. With the strength she had also inherited from her parents, she pulled the bars apart and encouraged the girl to slowly pull her leg forward. "You can do it," she said, hoping that her words would help the girl with her newfound freedom.

I speak

Hialeah

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
12-29-2014, 01:30 AM

As the larger she-wolf spoke, Hia began to calm down just a little. It helped that the female had a soothing tone in her voice, and that she’d just promised to help Hialeah free her leg. She watched cautiously as the kind stranger moved forward and inspected the spot in which Hia’s leg was stuck. Suddenly, Hialeah felt the pressure surrounding her leg release just enough and she jerked it free.

Turning to the woman who had just helped her, she nodded her head repeatedly. T-thank you so much, miss. I-I don’t know what I’d have done if…if you hadn’t heard me… Her voice quiet and shy, now that she was not in distress. She attempted to put some weight on her leg, and winced when she felt the sharp pain shoot up her thigh. She was obviously injured and, while she still had her leg, would not be well off on her own for a while. She looked at the female, all the while favoring her hind leg that had just been nearly permanently injured.

Aures

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
01-03-2015, 11:58 PM

In no time at all, she pulled herself free, giving Odette the chance to release her hold upon the trap. With a mighty clang, the bars snapped back together, hurting her ears for only a second or two. As the sound vibrated through the rest of the ship, Odette looked over to the previously victimized wolf. Her words of gratitude flowed from her mouth like loose raindrops, unsure of where to go as the storm clouds began to part. Her ears perked to the woman's words as her eyes roved over the injury that had been sustained. What would she do now?

Odette's warm bi-colored gaze met the violet eyes again and her face remained neutral as she spoke. "Either you would have escaped on your own, or someone worse than I could have appeared." She let her neutral look break into a soft smile before she cleared her throat and stood to her fullest height. "With that injured leg, I don't think you will last very long on your own without the proper healing treatments..." She thought for a minute and blinked softly before saying, "I know a place where you can be heal and be safe at the same time, but I won't force you to come."

"Talk"
"You" Think

Hialeah

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
01-09-2015, 11:32 AM

She listened to the larger wolf and nodded. She was lucky that this kind soul had heard her and come along, otherwise she could have died. When the kind woman spoke of her injured leg, and she nodded again. Her ears perked as the wolfess told her she knew of a place where she could heal and be safe.

I would very much appreciate that, miss…I do not think I would make it on my own until my leg was back to normal.. Her voice was still quiet, but the stuttering had stopped as this woman’s kindness calmed her down some. She looked at the wolf before her and smiled a small, shy smile.

ooc: sorry its such crap...in a hurry kind of..

Aures

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
01-14-2015, 02:38 PM
Odette nodded to the young wolf and continued to hold her soft smile. "All right," she said, tones remaining quiet for such a large wolf. "Lean on me as we go down the stairs and then I will be beside you as we head home." Calling Glaciem her home was definitely something she never dreamed of doing. The nostalgia that came with thinking of her parents right then almost made her sway, but she ignored it and focused on getting Hialeah to safety.

After descending down the stairs and out to the fresh, cold air, Odette looked around her for any signs of danger. There were none, so she walked slowly so Hialeah would not be left behind. As they began on the journey back to Glaciem, Odette then decided to tell the girl her name. "By the way, I am Odette..."

Hialeah

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
01-27-2015, 11:53 AM
Hialeah nodded as the larger wolf told her to lean on her as they descended the stairs. She didn't put all her weight on the other wolf, so as not to impair her too much. Once they made it down the steps, Hialeah paused for a moment, resting her leg. That was when the other wolf introduced herself. Leah nodded and smiled. I am Hialeah, but you may call me Leah or Hia..Either one works... She said, surprised at herself for not stuttering at all.

I am ready to continue...whenever you are..She said, eager to get to the place Odette called home. She wondered if she'd be accepted there, at least while she healed, and if, after her leg healed, she'd be allowed to stay. She looked over at Odette, smiling, and said, Thank you, Odette...for saving me back there...I am sure something would have gotten me if you hadn't come along...