size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Evelyn

Famous
12-21-2014, 12:32 PM

The little darling sat by the entrance of her family's den, a soft sigh leaving her little lips. It was quiet, everyone was either outside doing something. She didn't feel like going out and doing much, it was pretty scary out there! It was nice and warm in the den, and she didn't have to worry about anyone sneaking up at her. Finch leaned against the rock wall of the den, her breath fogging in front of her. She was a rather silent dame, she didn't find much reason to talk. She also didn't like to leave her parents side, and today was a very rare occurrence. They were probably out playing with the other pups, and her two-toned ears pressed flat against her head. She didn't want to play... what if she got hurt or something? The girl whined, lowering her form until her belly rested on the ground. Finch lowered her head onto her legs, her blue eyes looking out at the plains. She wanted her momma... she just wanted some cuddles.

Wren

gems
size
build
player
12-21-2014, 01:09 PM

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/1...7opd6q.jpg); background-repeat: no-repeat;   border:2px solid #671f03;">

"My sweet Finch," Wren slowly emerged from the entrance of the den, eyes fixing themselves upon the tiny form of her daughter. A concerned look played upon her face, before she slipped down beside her and nuzzled her tiny face gently. "Why aren't you with your father, my dear? I thought he took you and your siblings out to play?" The soft whine that had emitted from Finch had awoken Wren, who had been curled within the den previously. It almost immediately concerned her. To her knowledge, Bass had taken their pups out to explore for a little while. But...Finch was still here? Had Bass accidently miscounted when he had taken them all? Or maybe, Finch hadn't found interest in going out to play?

"Speech"
'thoughts'

Finch I

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Evelyn

Famous
12-21-2014, 01:40 PM

Her mother flopped down beside her, and the tiny girl crawled to the dame's chest, curling between the woman's larger legs. Finch rested her head on one of Wren's legs, nibbling on it softly. When her mother asked her if they went out to play, the girl just nodded her head. They had gone out, but she didn't want to go with them. Her itty bitty shoulders shrugged, and she nuzzled further into her mothers chest. She didn't like to talk much, she was more of a silent type. Rolling over to her back, she stretched her paws up towards her mothers pale face. Pressing one of her paws to her cheek, her head tilted to the side as she offered a shy smile. She would rather stay here with her mother than to wander around the pack lands. It was a big scary world out there, and the den was safe. Her mother was her protection, her life. Blinking her big blue doe eyes up at Wren, she wondered what her mother was thinking. Her siblings were loud and hyper, but she wasn't like that a all. Probably a breath of fresh air to her parents. What she didn't know is that they were probably concerned, worried that their little girl was mute. She didn't know that she was causing strive for being silent, but she just didn't feel like talking...

Wren

gems
size
build
player
12-21-2014, 02:04 PM

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/1...7opd6q.jpg); background-repeat: no-repeat;   border:2px solid #671f03;">

Finch had always been the silent one out of her five pups. When they were awake through the night, she was asleep. When they were bouncing off the walls, she was snuggled up beside her parents, either sleeping or watching soundlessly. Wren had never suspected that the young darling was mute, just quiet and shy. But it worried her nevertheless. After all, it wasn't natural for a pup to be so quiet. They should at least be able to say, "mother" or "father" once and awhile. Finch said almost nothing. It was really strange and concerning. The dame watched with calm eyes as her daughter climbed between her paws and nibbled at her legs, while adding in some gentle pokes to her face. Wren laughed softly and planted a kiss upon the young girl's head. "You're safe with me, love." She nuzzled her daughter's innocent face gently, drawing her tongue through her ears. "You'll always be safe with me."

"Speech"
'thoughts'

Finch I

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Evelyn

Famous
12-21-2014, 02:27 PM

Her mother placed a kiss on her head before nuzzling into her face. The girl let out a silent giggle, her form wiggling to and fro. At Wren's words she felt her heart swoon, leaning up to nibble on her mothers cheek. "Love," she whispered, one simple little word leaving her mouth. She knew that she was safe here, that her mother would always hold her dear. Flailing her paws back and forth, swatting around in the air. She might not be much int playing, but she had her moments of being silly. She was a pup after all, she may be super shy but it didn't mean that she felt the need to run around and play at times. And now that it was just her and Wren, she felt as if she was able to be herself now. Rolling back over to her paws, she dipped her front half into a playful bow. Her head tilted to the side, her rump wiggling in the air. A small smile spread on her dark lips, her gray and white tail wagging freely. Did Wren want to play with her? With the others not around, it would just be the two of them. It would be nice and quiet, with no distractions.

Wren

gems
size
build
player
12-21-2014, 02:59 PM

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/1...7opd6q.jpg); background-repeat: no-repeat;   border:2px solid #671f03;">

"Love." Was all the little one replied with, her little voice forcing a larger smile onto Wren's face. She nosed and nuzzled her neck as she wriggle around but had stopped herself as the child stood up and sat in a playing position before her. It was surprising to hear the girl speak, and even more when she made a playing gesture toward her mother. Maybe Finch wasn't as shy as she seemed in front of her siblings. Maybe she was displaying her true self now. Wren smirked and pushed herself to her feet, tail wagging about as she lowered down to mirror her daughter, before lounging forward. She was very careful not to land on her daughter, but to land beside her, just to make her jump a little. Of course, playfully! Wren would never purposely scare her daughter, how cruel that would be. Just playing around as mother and daughter. "Watch out, momma likes to nibble on puppy paws." She joked, a silly grin replacing her wide smile as she reached out at her daughter.

"Speech"
'thoughts'

Finch I

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Evelyn

Famous
12-21-2014, 03:22 PM

Her mother leaped towards her, and the girl squeaked as she jumped back. Her mother told her that she liked to nibble on puppy paws, causing her to run around her larger mother. She tried to nip along the woman's flank before the tiny girl attempted to step on the woman's tail. It was all playfulness, a tiny bit of it that she never usually showed. But just as quickly as it happened, she was done. With one last little nip she trotted off to the corner of the den, sitting there calmly as if nothing had ever happened. Her tail stilled and she casually tilted her head towards her mother. What?

Wren

gems
size
build
player
12-21-2014, 03:35 PM

Her daughter squealed softly and began to circle her, while nipping softly at her flank and playfully managing to step on her tail. Wren laughed quietly and collapsed, before rolling on her back and moaning like a dying animal. "You win...!" She announced quietly, opening her eyes to see nothing. The dame blinked quickly and turned her head until she could see her daughter. But once she found her, she was rather disappointed. The young girl sat there, head tipped to one side, expression showing confusion. Wren frowned and sat up slowly. Where had that fun little girl gone? Weren't they just playing and acting silly a few seconds ago? What happened? The dame slowly approached her daughter and sat before her, reaching down and kissing her head once again. "Is there something wrong, my sweet child?" Concern replaced the happiness that swelled her heart, as she awaited her daughter's answer. If she gave her one at all.

"Speech"
'thoughts'

Finch I

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Evelyn

Famous
12-21-2014, 04:16 PM

Her mother seemed worried about the girl, making her duel toned ears fall flat against her skull. Why was her mother worried? She just didn't want to play anymore! Wren asked her what was wrong, and the tiny girl shook her head. Nothing was wrong, she just didn't want to play anymore. Was that so bad? Letting out a tiny whine the girl placed her smaller paws on top of Wren's. They were so small when compared to her mother, it made her feel so... well -- small. There was nothing else to describe it as. Tiny was maybe a better way... Letting out another whine she ambled up so that she was sitting on Wren's paws. Pulling her head all the way up she gazed at her mothers face, that shy smile still on her lips. It was all okay! Mommy shouldn't worry...

Wren

gems
size
build
player
12-21-2014, 05:43 PM

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/1...7opd6q.jpg); background-repeat: no-repeat;   border:2px solid #671f03;">

Finch shook her head, before resting her own paws on top of Wren's. The dame reached down and stared for a moment while listening to her gentle whines. Ah, she worried to much. Her daughter was fine...she just didn't want to play anymore, apparently. Goodness, her energy ran out a lot faster than the others did. The white-faced woman nodded and smiled again, tail patting lightly at the ground. "Okay, okay. I understand." She whispered, giggling as she climbed onto her paws and sat there, looking up at her. Wren also looked down at her, before reaching down a bit further to lick playfully at her tiny pink and black nose. Truly, the woman tried to be the best mother she could be. Maybe she was trying a bit too hard. Maybe she should let things flow naturally. But did being a good mother come naturally? "Finch, dear, is there anything special you'd like to do? Or would you just like to relax for a little?"

"Speech"
'thoughts'

Finch I

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Evelyn

Famous
12-21-2014, 06:24 PM

At her mothers soft whisper the girl felt herself relax, her body settling more comfortably on her mothers paws. When the woman asked Finch what she wanted to do, her head pulled to the side as she thought. And then, suddenly, the silent girl's mouth pulled open in excitement. She knew exactly what she wanted to do! The small girl started to hum softly, a rhythm that she wasn't sure how she knew. The tune was soft, and Finch had no idea that it was the lullaby that her father had sang to them when they were even smaller than she was now. Pausing, the girl looked up at Wren, her tail beating on the woman's paws. Did her mother know the song? She had to, otherwise how would she? Words didn't come to her, but the soft tune was comforting to the girl. She might not be a big talker, but it would seem that singing was in her blood and bones.

Wren

gems
size
build
player
12-21-2014, 09:27 PM

The young girl had become excited after Wren had asked her what she wanted to do. And suddenly, she began to hum. The soft tune was familiar, and it took her more than awhile to really recognize it. She had been too busy listening to the soft sound that emitted from her daughter's vocals. 'How in the world...?' Wren fixed her astonished gaze as she tried to collect her thoughts. How did Finch know the lullaby that Bass sang to her when she was unborn? She wasn't here! It was just...amazing. Finch has been listening, it was in her blood. The white-faced woman shook her head and blinked quickly, before thinking back on the lyrics that she had so thoroughly memorized. Then she began to sing softly, "Baby mine, don't you cry, baby mine dry your eyes. Rest your head close to my heart, never to part, baby of mine." She began, face beaming as she huddled closer to her daughter.  "Little one when you play, pay no heed to what they say. Let your eyes, sparkle and shine, baby of mine." Wren smiled and drew her salmon tongue between Finch's ears, continuing the song almost flawlessly. "If they knew all about you, they'd end up loving you too. And all those people who scold you, what they'd give just for the right to hold you. From your head, down to your toes, you're not much, goodness knows. But you're so precious to me, sweet as can be, baby of mine." Finishing, the dame sighed and breathed out, letting her eyes fix themselves onto the tiny form of her daughter. She was still so amazed that she had first known the song. But she wanted to see her reaction, too...

"Speech"
'thoughts'