Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3WinnerDouble MasterLegendaryFamous
1KVolcanoDream WeaverTrick 2019
12-30-2014, 08:00 PM

With a spring in his step, Valentine traipsed alongside Abaven's border. Somewhere in there Rhythm wandered. And beyond her? Bass lurked. Oh, the handsome little guy had gotten his tail bent out of shape the first time they met. Rhythm was funny and wonderful, and having an over protective brother was the icing on the cake.

Stopping to toe the line and stare into the packlands, the brute searched for signs of Rhythm. Far from nervous, he stalled for time anyway, licking the crook of his forepaw and swiping it across his face in an attempt to clear away the snow that had begun to collect there. Their last date hadn't gone so well. He'd made a fool of himself and in the end their date had to be called off early. Today he was determined to make up for it.

Alright, he'd spent long enough prettying himself up. Tipping up his chin, Valentine called for the lovely Miss Rhythm to join him. His intentions were clear; this was the start of a romantic endeavor. Now the real question was, who would answer him first?

""

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
12-30-2014, 08:28 PM

She'd spent every moment she could with Motif now that she was back within Abaven and without giant pups growing within her womb. Though the sadness of the day she'd given birth still lingered in Rhythm's mind she was just so thankful to still have her sister beside her. She still wasn't so sure that she had saved her sister's life, but Bass seemed convinced of it. So preoccupied with the new babies and her sister's pregnancy she almost forgot the date that had been cut so very short. Valen had crossed her mind a few times, and she had subdued the urge to run to him during the emotional crisis she found herself in after the birth of her brother's children. Still the memory that he still owed her a proper date would linger in her mind as she lay at the river's side.

Her bright blue and purple hued eyes would watch the water as it raced by her below. She might have been doing something productive, hunting most importantly as there were many mouths to feed. She had too much on her mind though. If anyone passed by she could easily say she might be fishing. Even still, she'd feel bad about not pulling her weight. She and Motif could go out later and catch something bigger, that would surely make up for her sloth ways now.

Her plans to laze away the day would not continue for very long though as her dark ears perked to the sound of one familiar voice. A smile would appear over her concerned features, surely some time with Valentine would clear her mind. She'd find herself singing back to him even as she found her footing, eager to be at his side and assured that he hadn't permanently injured himself from their last encounter. Dainty paws would carry her into view of him, her steps hurried as she navigated the snow drifts with care. "Valen!" She'd call lightheartedly as she leaped the last bit of distance to his side, grin wide as her tail wagged excitedly. She felt like one of her silly nieces or nephews with such antics. Calming down just a little Rhythm would nod her head in greeting, slightly out of breath. "Hey."

Pulling her features back up so she was at her full height she'd find her gaze wandering his form, "You look like you're still all in one piece." She'd tease as an excuse for her stare.
""

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

12-30-2014, 10:29 PM

In seconds Rhythm howled back to him, her voice ringing over the plains. Valentine found himself grinning. Anticipation had him shifting his weight from paw to paw, kneading the snow beneath his claws.

And there she was. His name left her lips in an excited shout and the brute's grin grew impish. "Hey yourself." Behind him, his tail waved lazily. He was happy to see her, truly he was. "You look like you're still all in one piece," she stated, her gaze heavy on his features. In response he snorted before parting with the words, "Of course, I'm Mr. Graceful."

Standing straight, he leveled a faux serious gaze at her. His tone grand, he said, "Miss Rhythm, I am here to kidnap you." For the day, for eternity, he didn't say, but that was the point, really.

""

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
12-30-2014, 11:03 PM

The dark blue wolf would greet her in similar fashion to her own words, though with a more mature manners. He'd only scoff at her words, assuring her that she had indeed named him correctly at their last outing. She couldn't help one last giggle as she straightened herself, remembering her manners as he would look at her with an amusing seriousness. However his words were no laughing matter and she would peer at him curiously for a moment. "Wait, I think you still owed me a complete date, not a kidnapping." Her voice would be incredulous as a mischievous grin would curl the corners of her lips. She didn't want to think to hard into his words, finding her stomach filled with crazy butterflies at the danger of it. Still, the thrill would keep her rooted there beside him, much like the very first time they'd met.
""

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
12-30-2014, 11:49 PM

She had only returned to Abaven the day before, yet the land seemed strange and new to her tired paws.Already she missed her little shadow, she missed Shaye, and Shai, and she still missed Bass and Rhythm, who she was yet to see a great deal of. Her brother was crazily busy, and she knew she would have to talk to him soon about pack positions, but she was yet to gain the energy to rise from her bed. Now that she had finally completed everything she had set out to do, she felt strangely tired, like it had all crashed in on her at once – she could sleep now, let the old worries drift away, and let the knew ones start the following day.

Her perfect plan would be dashed when a call howled against the border, calling for Rhythm. Her ears perked up in astonishment, wasn't her sister a poplar one then? She had no idea who could be calling for her litter-mate – indeed she and Rhythm where yet to have a proper catch up. She rose with a groan, grumbling beneath her breath about old-people knees as she did so, despite the fact that her journey had wiped her back into shape after the pregnancy. She started out on a lazy lop, travelling in the direction of the howler and would arrive there a few moments after her sister. She would slip into the scene in time to hear the very last of the conversation ”..a kidnapping” and would instantly start to growl, a sound that died as quickly as it started as she realized the mischievous smile on her sisters lips that told Motif there was no trouble here. “Rhythm, sister mine” she purred, rubbing her head against her sisters neck, until her scent was well rubbed against her fur, claiming the other girl before the brute, and then turning her attention to the stranger. “Hello there, and welcome to Abaven lands, i'm Motif, who might you be?” she challenged in a conversational tone, quite ready to tear his throat out if he hurt her sister emotionally or physically, and equally as ready to welcome him with open arms if he was no more then a friend – she was yet to get a hold on the situation after all.

"Speech"

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

12-31-2014, 02:59 PM

"Wait, I think you still owed me a complete date, not a kidnapping." Hmmm..... He dipped his head to her. "This is true. How about we compromise? You think of it as a date and I'll-" Drat. The arrival of another fae - one clearly related to Rhythm and immediately introduced as such, cut him off abruptly. Valentine had half a mind to pout. She was not who he'd wanted. Where was the brother, the king so bent looming over his little sister? Perhaps he should trespass, that ought to bring the good ole boy at a run...

Good-naturedly he quipped to Rhythm, "Blast, my dastardly plans have been foiled." To Motif he dipped his head and said, "Greetings, Miss." Laying the foundation for future charm, he continued, "And thank you for your gracious welcome. My name is Valentine." Since she didn't ask his business he didn't give it, wondering with some amount of amusement if he could make a game out of it.

""

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
12-31-2014, 04:18 PM

Valentine would hear her words, his features dipping down closer as he would respond, only to be interrupted by the sudden appearance of her sister. Eyes would widen slightly as she leaned into the affection, her tail would wag excitedly as Motif would rub her scent all over. With holding a giggle she would nuzzle her sister as she turned her attention to Valentine. She had warned him about the sister. Though at the same time she'd barely said anything about the tall cobalt brute to her sister. It helped that she'd been away for a time but that wasn't really an excuse. She would snicker as Valentine commented on his plots being foiled, shaking her head she'd let he and Motif introduce themselves. Though he wouldn't admit to his endeavors Rhythm would hope that Motif might be able to guess what he was doing here. He had called specifically for her and the voice he'd used had left little to wonder about. It was unlikely that he would get away with kidnapping her now that Motif had laid such a heavy claim upon her. "So what will you do now, Mr. Graceful? Now that your plans have been dashed." Letting loose a tiny giggle she would look up at him through her stunning eyes, wondering if they'd actually get to finish that date.
""

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
01-01-2015, 12:21 AM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2015, 12:21 AM by Motif I.)

The newcomer would easily turn on a charming smile as he teased her sister right before her. Again, her fur bristled but got no further, even as he gave his name and she turned to Rhythm causally “Ohh.. Valentine, that was the guy that pretended to abandon you in the crypts wasn't he?” she asked, her voice was gentle and her eyes where teasing as she angled them out of Valentine's view, but when she brought her attention back to him one brow was raised and her eyes where questioning – her expression not yet telling him if he was out of danger.

The Destruction also noticed Rhythm's reaction to Valentine, and she knew that her sister was going moon-eyed over this boy. Really, 'Mr Graceful'? Clearly more had been going on here well she had been away. It would seem her sweet innocent little sister, sworn of men had fallen far. She wasn't yet certain herself if she should be amused or furious – certainty she needed to know if this stranger was worth the honor of Rhythm's love.

"Speech"

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

01-08-2015, 04:14 PM

"So what will you do now, Mr. Graceful? Now that your plans have been dashed." His eyes rolled heavenward in mock consternation. "Guess I'll have to think of a new plan." Not really. If he had been trying to be sneaky he wouldn't have announced his presence. The point of howling had been to draw others in. How else was he going to get his kicks?

Motif's comment wouldn't go unnoticed. Valentine's browspots rose, not in response to her subtle jab but what it implied. Rhythm had been talking about him, eh? How sweet. It did wonders for his ego. "Talking 'bout me, huh? I'm flattered."

""

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
01-08-2015, 07:37 PM

Rhythm felt guilty for not having told Motif of all of her adventures with Valentine, but she had spoken a bit about him. She wasn't sure herself how she felt about the big brute, but she knew that she enjoyed his presence. She could easily laugh beside him, adventure, and she felt oddly safe next to him. She'd smile mischievously at his answer to her question, theatrics obvious. An amused giggle would leave her lips before she heard Motif's comment. Eyes would grow wide as she looked at her mortified. Her dark ears would fall to her head as she turned her attentions back to Valentine, his words causing her face to flush. "Yeah.. maybe" She'd say while looking at her paws before finding her confidence again, her trouble making smile finding its way back to her maw. "Since you can't actually kidnap me, I think it's time to finish our date." Rhythm would take a small step towards him before looking back to Motif, not that she needed her sister's permission in the first place. Still she wasn't sure what Motif might do with her so eager to be off with the massive alpha.
""

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
01-14-2015, 03:26 PM

Motif would carefully watch the exchange between the two wolves, they seemed quite familiar with themselves and Valentine so far appeared to be playing the role of the charming suitor. She wasn't certain yet on her opinion of him but first impressions told her he might be tricky.  “Yes... I've heard all the wondrous thing”  she teased him dryly, her eyes moving back to Rhythm as she spoke. She was attempting to work out her own feelings about this change of events, certainly Rhythm hadn't been this close to any guys when she had left, but Motif had and now she had to deal with her changing world. She attempted to hold back her frown as she looked at her sister. Rhythm was hers and she didn't want any brute to come between them, but even that wasn't reason enough to hinder her beautiful sister's happiness.

As she attempted to sort through her feelings Rhythm would take another step towards the brute, as through in response to Motif's own inner thoughts, as through she was showing it was her own choice to make, had the Destruction already lost her sister to a male? She pulled out a smile from god-knows where and placed it firmly across her muzzle, nodding her head encouragingly towards her sister. Motif's own experiences had nearly sworn Rhythm off guys, yet here she was fighting her way past that and enjoying the company of one right now. “You return her in one peace Valentine, otherwise I know where you live”  Motif would say, smiling sweetly at the Alpha brute.

"Speech"

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

01-21-2015, 09:58 PM

Moving to bump Rhythm with his shoulder, the brute quipped, "Didja hear that? Your sister gave me her blessing." It was a little warm for sledding now, although he supposed they could slide down a muddy hill. Luckily, he had a back up plan. Oh, and was it ever a great place. There was a bit of a walk between here and there, but it was worth it in his book. "Mmhm," he agreed, "We do. And I have the perfect place in mind."

Dipping his head, he motioned towards the direction they would take, the gesture reminiscent of their first meeting. "This way, my lady."

--exit Valentine--

""