gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Alamea
01-08-2015, 12:34 PM

He needed to speak to her, needed to make sure his sister understood what would be needed of her; and soon. He was faltering; he needed her to step in and save them before he drove them straight into the ground.  So the tired looking man would call for Phoebe, unmoving from his spot resting against a tree. His fur was ruffled and obviously hadn’t been looked after for some time.

The rest of the pack didn’t know yet, not even his children had been told but Phoebe would be allowed a glimpse into the way his world was crumbling, it would be the only way he could tell her what he wanted from her. 

"Speech"

Phoebe

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
Athena I
01-11-2015, 11:24 PM

ooc: sorry for the delay again!

To be completely honest she had been avoiding these lands as of late. Ever since she had allowed herself a moment of weakness she had felt sinful and tainted. Could she really be a driving part of their pack like this? Could she really raise her children like this? Certainly Conan deserved better. But still, none of the less, she had returned. She had not breathed a word of what she had done to anyone yet and had stayed away long enough for any injuries that orange man had given her to heal. With any luck no one would find out as long as the guilt didn't eat her alive first. To top it off the spring had ushered in her heat, making it even more difficult to be here and around her family.

For a moment though she was sure that she had been found out. Her brother's howl reached her ears, a call that was distinctly for her. Her heart dropped into her stomach until she realized that her fear was irrational. There was no way for Helios to know. Even still, she would not hesitate to hurry toward him, moving at a swift pace so that she wouldn't keep him waiting for too long. When she arrived she was stunned by what she saw. He was haggard and leaning against a tree, certainly a change from how she last saw him. What had happened while she was gone? "Helios? What is going on?" she asked as she hurried toward him, pressing her nose affectionately to his cheek before taking a step back and settling down on her haunches. For a moment her troubles and heat were forgotten, instead replaced for concern for her brother.

"Talk" "You" Think

Helios I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Alamea
01-14-2015, 09:04 PM

He dozed lightly, the first few minutes of sleep he had experienced in some time, and even then it was cut short by the warning call of a bird further into the island. He jolted awake, blinking blearily and saw his sister finally making her way towards him. He caught the shock upon her face and despite himself, despite it all, he chuckled. A dry, coughing laugh but a laugh non the less. She spoke and the weak smile dropped. "Too much." He spoke, expression hard despite how tired he was and a slight edge to his voice. "Phoebe I- I need to ask a favor of you." He paused then rethinking his words spoke again. "Less of a favor actually, more like an undertaking."

"Speech"

Phoebe

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
Athena I
01-14-2015, 10:44 PM

Concern was etched upon her face. All sorts of possibilities and senerios swirled in her head, but she had no clue what could have happened so she kept her speculations to herself. Instead she settled onto her haunches in front of her clearly worn out brother and listened as he said that he had an undertaking to ask of her. This only served to make her even more curious. "Of course, Helios... What is it? I'll do whatever I can." She waited for him to reply while she continued trying to guess in the back of her mind. Her silver gaze rested easy on his, her own woes and transgressions momentarily forgotten.

"Talk" "You" Think

Helios I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Alamea
01-19-2015, 11:55 AM

She settled before him and he watched unmoving, she gave a confirmation that she would take on whatever she could and he sighed, relief briefly flashing across his face. "Natalya is not feeling well and-" he paused, collecting his thoughts. "She’s certain she’s dying. She will be stepping down soon and I’m not sure I can-" Another pause this time trying to reign in his rampant emotions. "She has always been a better leader than I am. I want to know if you’d take over Pantheon for us?" He watched his sister, looking for a reaction, for anything. "We’ll help in any way we can till Nat’s time…"

"Speech"

Phoebe

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
Athena I
01-20-2015, 04:06 AM

Suddenly, in just a few words from her brother, it felt like her world was slowly crumbling and at the same time an enormous weight had been placed upon her shoulders. She almost couldn't believe what she was hearing. She loved Natalya. She probably loved her more than most of her blood relatives. Now she was dying? Phoebe's heart sank and her ears fell back against her head at that. She had been wasting precious time she could have been spending with her sister-in-law and learning from her. That thought only made her feel even more guilty and sick to her stomach.

Then he would go on to state his request for her and her silver gaze would widen in shock. Her? Run a pack? She blinked and her mind reeled. She barely felt capable enough to take care of her two girls. How was she going to take care of a pack? What about his children? Or Virgil's for that matter? Weren't they next in line? But at the same time were any of them ready to take this pack? They were all still so young, they had their whole lives ahead of them. She was getting older now, she needed to stop screwing around, literally and figuratively. So many questions swirled through her head, but in the end she knew that Helios wouldn't come to her with this if he didn't trust her. Or maybe he just didn't know where else to turn. Either way, she couldn't let her brother down. "Okay... Okay, I'll do it. But... if one of Virgil's children or one of your children or, heck, even one of my children prove that they can handle this position I want to give it to them. This is their legacy, they deserve to have it. Not me who can't seem to keep myself in line." She gave a small smile, leaning in to give her brother a reassuring lick on his cheek. "I'll do this for you. I'll keep Pantheon afloat."

"Talk" "You" Think