ardent

Have you ever wondered why fairy tales all end in lies?

Hecate

gems
size
build
player
01-08-2015, 04:21 PM

Slowly but surely the timid and damaged wolf had been growing use to the presence of other wolves even if she had never met any of them. She had become to be more sure of herself and the fact that none of the wolves in Threar would harm the young paperback. She had taken to wandering around the territory aimlessly as she gave up on hunting prey for she knew that she could scarcely catch a thing. That particular day, with the sun above her shining on her back to signify high noon, she had decided to take a stroll near the borders on the bay. She had not actively crossed the borders of the lands that Threar had claimed since being invited to the safe haven. She had taken a liking to the lands that she now supposed she could call home.

The young woman who was a child in everything with the exception of age would start to sing for herself as she pranced along the shore. "Come to me my sweetest friend. Can you feel my heart again? I'll take you back where you belong and this will be our favorite song. Come to me with secrets bare. I'll love you more so don't be scared. When we're old and near the end, we'll go home and start again." Her beautiful alto voice rang out louder than her speech, figuring that the girl was alone in her own little kingdom of isolation. She was around other wolves but, as usual, she would never talk to them.

Félicien

gems
size
build
player
01-08-2015, 09:18 PM

Today his paws would keep him close to the part of Threar territory that he made his den in. He found it a comfortable place, the shore close by. He liked to head to the bay, to view the water, to see the fish that splashed out within. As the days got warmer the temptation to swim and catch some of the scaly creatures to snack on would rise. Félicien would make his way to the water, and that was when he heard the song. The voice belonged to a female, the lovely alto chords reaching his ears. Féli was not one for singing himself, but he found songs nice to listen to. Songs seemed to tell a story, no matter the lyrics. The song she seemed to sing seemed to be of a lover, perhaps.

"You have a lovely voice, miss. Do you sing often?" Féli was approaching from behind the she-wolf, not giving thought that his appearance might seem sudden and startle her. He wore a gentle smile, his voice kind. "So you're new, right? Welcome to Threar! I'm Félicien Ambroise Desgroire... what is your name?"

"Listen to me talk," 'but read my thoughts.'

Table by:: Eldarwen

Hecate

gems
size
build
player
01-09-2015, 05:25 PM

A boy a little younger than her showed up, complimenting her voice. She turned, her eyes widening as she gasped. How long had he been there? Fight of flight response kicked in and she turned on her heels and started to run away out of a fear that she had held against all wolves, especially males. Her peaceful day at the bay had turned to a nightmare as she ran through the shallow water that splashed up to her paws. His voice had sounded kind but voices often deceived and twisted things. Her eyes held the fear and suspicion she constantly felt. She had panicked yet against and this was the price, possibly shunning away a kind packmate who might be willing to help with her problems.

"I'm your girl and you're my groom."

Félicien

gems
size
build
player
01-20-2015, 12:33 AM

Félicien blinks, surprised, as the girl seems to show fear at him being there. Perhaps males in general. But... She was part of Threar, was she not? The pack’s scent was on her coat. Was it something about him then, truly? He didn’t mean to scare her! He would frown deeply, concern touching his features. “What... Are you talking about? It’s alright, really... I’m not going to hurt you. You’re a member of Threar, right?” ‘Licien would try to offer her a smile. “So you’re safe with me... I promise.” He didn’t want her to feel like he was going to try anything weird like some males might.

Hecate

gems
size
build
player
01-25-2015, 05:33 PM
She continued to shake and cower, sticking the the usual protocols that she followed as he tried his best to convince her that since she was a member of Threar, she was not going to be harmed. How could she trust that? Her last name was Lilit and yet other Lilit wolves had abused her until she slipped away that one fateful night. Her multiranged fur was flat against her skin as her tail tucked beneath her. "H-H-How C-c-can I t-tr-tru-trust you?" The question came stuttered out as she avoided eye contact with the boy that stood there. She really needed to get over the trust issues that she used as a shield. She needed to get over it but she couldn't.

Félicien

gems
size
build
player
02-03-2015, 02:56 PM

Félicien waited, but still she was afraid. Still so wary. Such habits could not be broken by mere words, and the golden boy knew it, even if it hurt his heart to see her in this state. He would give a soft whine, trying to think, and then, feeling sure, the male would lay down upon the earth, letting his entire body relax before he spoke to the female before him. “There are no words alone that I can say that will make you trust me. Words can be hollow, and easy to tell lies. So I’ll prove to you I that you can trust me not through my words, but my actions. Whatever will make you feel more comfortable, feel more at ease and welcome here, I’ll do. I want you to feel safe and welcome here. Threar wolves are not your enemy... And the majority of them here are my family. I’m sure I speak for us all when I say we’d want you to feel safe here.” He would explain softly.

Hecate

gems
size
build
player
02-05-2015, 11:13 AM
He would speak, a soft whine coming from his snout as he spoke about trust in similar terms to that of Frith's little speech she had received the day before. She trusted Frith and Novella, otherwise she would not be in Threar anymore. This person, Félicien as he had introduced himself as, seemed to behave a lot like the Authors of the pack. "T-tha-that was wh-what Frith t-t-told me." She admitted this little fact to the boy in an attempt to trust the other person. "I-I T-tru-trusted my family t-too and th-they were a-abu-abusive." She looked at her paws as they gently scrapped across the dirt and grass in a soft and fluid motion.

My oh my, she was becoming a blabbermouth! She spoke once more, realizing that he did not know her name. "I-I'm H-Hec-Hecate Jezebel L-Lil-Lilit." Her stutter was very much present but it was slowly getting better in her mind. She looked anxiously at the man in front of her, nervous as her social anxiety was starting to come into play.

Félicien

gems
size
build
player
02-28-2015, 01:10 AM

Félicien’s ears would prick some. Frith! The young man would give a nod, his smile genuine. “Frith is my uncle, in a sense. He’s married to my aunt Novella.” The golden and chocolate boy was glad that Frith told the girl the same thing. She seemed so broken and her next words would reveal why. She had trusted her family and yet they too had been abusive. The boy found his heart ache at the news. That was horrible! How could family do that to one another? He couldn’t imagine the Destruction family torturing each other in that sense, and he truly, truly felt for her.

She would give her name as well, continuing to stutter, though Féli didn’t mind that at all. She was trying her hardest to adjust to him. “That is a lovely name, Hecate.” He would speak softly, wanting to keep her at ease. “How familiar are you with Threar? I can show you around if you’d like.” The boy would remain where he was though. She would lead the show, and he would follow her lead, no matter the pace.

Hecate

gems
size
build
player
03-22-2015, 03:22 PM
Feli seemed very kind as he explained that Novella was his aunt and how that made Frith his uncle through marriage. Hecate would give a small nod as she looked between him and the ground. He asked how familiar she was with Threar and then offered to show her around. There was a certain heat that ran through her cheeks. "I... I don't know." The words were quiet as her unsure voice ran through what little space there was around her. She thought about it and she found no reason to tell him no. But, at the same time, she wasn't sure it was a good idea for her to be around other wolves.

Félicien

gems
size
build
player
03-24-2015, 07:06 AM

Félicien would frown some as Hecate answered him. There was no real reason for her to say no. However he could understand that if she was wary of strangers that could, in a sense, be a reason for her to deny his offer. The boy would continue to look at her gently, his gaze soft. “It’s alright if you don’t want to go right now. The offer can stand for any time you know.” There was no reason to try and force her either. He didn’t want to make her uncomfortable. Félicien would breathe out slowly, adding; “I just want you to feel comfortable... Like you belong here, Hecate.”