Aures

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
01-14-2015, 04:15 PM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2015, 04:17 PM by Aures.)

Maija Artenie had healed at an incredible rate. Her concussion was gone within a day or two, but her body had been wracked with soreness and possibly pulled muscles. After being rubbed down with the proper herbs and plenty of rest, she was ready to leave within a week's time. Odette had ensured her belly was full, all injuries fixed, and a bundle of meat and herbs for her journey home was provided. In no time, the golden temptress left for Arcanum without looking back.

Now, Odette walked towards the borders of Arcanum's territory, paws carrying her across lands constantly changing. She had left the snowy terrain early that morning and early afternoon was settling in as she came to the outer region of the Plains. Memories of Valhalla once living there reached Odette's mind, but she held no ill will towards Arcanum. Valhalla was a legend in her mind and that was enough to satisfy her.

The Alphess was born a warrior, but she had become more well rounded in regards to healing knowledge. She hoped that what she had known was enough to ensure Maija's health for her to reach home in one piece. Although she didn't know how tough the Official was personally, she knew that she was stubborn and would stick to whatever helped her survive. Red and blue eyes looked over the slowly budding trees that protected Arcanum's land. Somewhere, in there, she hoped Maija was back to her usual self.

Her head gently tossed back and she gave a call for the leader of the pack. A part of her was worried that a large giant of a wolf would come and try to eat her for disturbing the current serenity that seemed to be placed around the lands. The other part of her was being brave and calmly tried to tell her that no matter what, as long as she didn't trespass upon the lands, she would be okay. Odette remained a respectful distance away from the border as she looked around, hoping to find a face among the numerous trunks of trees that littered the border lines.

Speech

Cataleya

gems
size
build
player
01-14-2015, 08:15 PM

A call would ring across her home, the voice unknown, yet demanding her presence. Silver limbs would beckon her to the border, coral gaze pinpointing a trip colored woman. She would approach, her crown held high, plume curled above her hips as usual. Darkly tipped audits trained the stranger, her gaze racking over the woman before speaking. "What can I do for you dear?" Words dripped off her tongue like honey, a brow quirking. Nostrils quivered taking in the pack scent that clung to her pelt. An Alpha seeking an alliance perhaps? She briefly recalled Maijas story about the Queen from the north and how she had rescued her. A slow smile would curl her lips. What were the chances? "Odette." The womans name rolled off her tongue, wicked amusement lighting up her features. It was a shame that she was Adravendi. Her husband wanted the entire bloodline ended. But perhaps one could be spared, for the sake of saving her golden gem.

"Speech"

Aures

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
01-14-2015, 08:42 PM

Odette didn't have to wait for too long for the presence of Arcanum's queen to appear. She was large indeed, silvery fur blowing in the semi-warm breezes that danced in the West. If her appearance wasn't enough to impress, her confidence and conniving coral gaze could simply blow you away. Odette knew they were within the same height references, something that was hard to find these days. Silently, she took in the woman's stance, all the while showing her amazement.

The queen then asked what she could do for her, but before she could reply, her name was released to the world around them. Odette's ears pricked forward, gaze burning with an intense, curious fire that couldn't be removed. "How do you..." she began to ask, but then she realized that her patient had probably told Cataleya of what had happened. "Yes, ma'am." Her eyes burned, but it was a pleasant fire that came from her heart. "You must be Queen Cataleya," she said, the revelation causing her tail to lightly wag behind her once. Odette figured she must be careful stepping around the silver queen. If Maija was an eye opener to Arcanum's core, she could only imagine how powerful Cat was.

She dipped her skull in a respectful manner, never breaking her gaze with the lovely lady in front of her. "Odette Adravendi, daughter of Ocena and Gargoyle...and Chrysanthe Adravendi." To prevent any confusion, she hastily added, "Chrysanthe is my adopted mother." Odette raised her head and she answered the question Cataleya had asked upon first seeing her. "I came to see if Maija safely made it home, Queen Cataleya...but I also came to establish my standing with other packs." She latched on the last set of words as an afterthought, but before she could correct herself, it was too late. Nervously, she pawed the grass beneath her, hoping that what she said would be approved.

"Speech"

Cataleya

gems
size
build
player
01-14-2015, 10:04 PM

A question began to form on the womans lip, but she cut it short, realization setting in. The Queen would smirk in acknowledgement when her own named rolled off the womans tongue. It seemed Maija had told this woman a thing or two. Her tricolored skull would dip in greeting, though the motion was not returned. She was not one for pleasantries, preferring to get right to the point. Thankfully, this one would. Her full name rolled off her tongue. Adravendi. It hung like a guillotine above her head. But she would quickly explain about she had become an Adravendi, not by blood, but by adoption. If only that was enough to save her from her husband. She would inquire about Maija, but also wanted a political chit chat. Very well.

"Maija is well, thanks to you. But as for alliances. Your name puts you in grave danger here, my dear." Her smirk would fade, eyes darkening with dangerous intent. "The Adravendi killed my husbands son, and he seeks their downfall. Permanently." She would carefully annunciate her last word, making it entirely clear that Arcanum would one day spill every last drop of Adravendi blood. "But, you did save my precious gem, and I suppose I can't let that go unnoticed." She sounded thoughtful now, as though she was pondering whether or not to spare the young queen from her husbands wraith.

"Speech"

Aures

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
01-14-2015, 11:01 PM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2015, 11:02 PM by Aures.)

The gleam in Cataleya's eyes faded into a darker shade of coral, one that made Odette's inner child gulp in fear. Rather than show it to the silver queen, Odette slowly raised her head when she spoke of how the Adravendis killed her husband's son. The only time that she could think of such a thing happening was when the infamous war between old Glaciem and Valhalla had occurred. She had only been six months old, too young to fight and too young to really grasp why the war had taken place. Even as she tried to figure out why from those days, it was hard to pull the explanation from those faded memories.

"I...had no idea his son was slain," she admitted, tones remaining soft as she spoke. Rather than begin to plead for her life, however, Cataleya mentioned that Odette had saved Maija's life and therefore, the tone in her voice changed. Again, Odette gave another inner child gulp before saying, "I would do it again if she needed the help." The fire still danced in her eyes, showing the determination and truth that radiated from Odette's soul. She was one of those who tended to accidentally wear her heart on her sleeve, save for a few wolves who didn't deserve to see it.

"Speech"

Cataleya

gems
size
build
player
01-15-2015, 12:57 PM

Soft tones would fill her ears as the woman admitted her lack of knowledge. It wouldn't have been surprising if the woman had been to young to even recall such a thing, she didn't appear to be that old. Determination danced in her bi colored eyes as the woman swore that she would help Maija again if it were ever necessary. Humorless laughter would fall from inky lips. "Tell me about your pack." She would humor the girl for now. It was doubtful that the girl commanded an army of warriors. No, she appeared to be too kind, to soft hearted. It was up in the air about whether or not she would grant the woman an alliance, there was still to much unknown about her. Sure she had saved Maija, and the debt would be returned, but could she sacrifice the wellbeing of her entire pack? What was she talking about, the silver woman would smirk. If this woman ended up in war, it would be the shock of the century. Haunches would fold beneath her, tail curling around her hips as she waited for the woman to dive into her story about her pack.

"Speech"

Aures

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
01-15-2015, 03:59 PM

Cataleya decided to want to know more about Glaciem and Odette nodded. As the queen lowered herself to the ground, Odette slowly mimicked her actions and let her haunches touch the green grass. The pride that came from being Glaciem's alphess made Odette slightly puff out her chest before speaking. She cleared her throat and gave a direct, detailed explanation. "Glaciem is a neutral-aligned pack, with a bit of good mixed in. We help those who are sick, wounded, or...knocked out." She gave a soft smile and continued. "When our members join Glaciem, they have the chance to hone their skills and improve themselves as wolves..."

What else could she say about her home? "Loyalty is a big factor for Glaciem, too. The wolves in my pack work together and prove that they are fit to stay in my kingdom...They did so when Maija came back with me." Her large front paws nervously pawed the dirt in front of her as she waited for Cataleya's response.

Speech

Cataleya

gems
size
build
player
01-16-2015, 11:48 PM

The woman before her would also sit before diving into her story. Glaciem was neutral. Loyalty. Blah blah blah. The only thing that caught her attention was their ability and willingness to help others. Perhaps that could be used to her advantage. "You are capable healers then?" She would inquire. She had no use for neutral packs, there were plenty of those around here. She really didn't care about Glaciems members or what they did for each other. But if they were capable healers with a vast knowledge of herbs, then perhaps she would keep them around. "I have only one healer, and she is young, inexperienced. If you are willing to lend aid in training her, then I will extend an alliance to you, and keep your last name a secret." Her last words were teasing, though threateningly so. Her life was in her paws. All it would take was a few words to Kylar and the gates of hell would open.

"Speech"

Aures

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
01-17-2015, 12:35 PM

The trade that Cataleya proposed was enough to satisfy Odette. She didn't want to worry about the husband of the silver queen stomping through her lands to try and kill her, so she figured it was a good compromise. Red and blue eyes sparkled as she nodded, her soft smile remaining across her tan face. "I would be more than happy to help train your healer, Queen Cataleya." Her tail wagged before she smoothly added, "Thank you for keeping my last name under wraps." She hoped that, in time, she wouldn't have to worry about being challenged for her life. Until then, she was going to be on her toes almost everyday.

Speech