Ekko

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
01-17-2015, 02:20 AM

They had just made it passed the borders when she stopped, setting down the child and panting as she flopped to her side. "Colten," she called, alerting him to her stopping. This was too hard. She had just given birth for goodness sake and now she had to walk away, carrying her new born child? He didn't even have a name or gods' sake. She was tired. She wanted to sleep, and that was it. And the poor little beast was hungry! All he wanted to do was eat and sleep, and he wouldn't stop crying unless she did just that. And he sure as hell was letting out quite the cry. "I know you wanted to get further, but I can't let him cry like that anymore. Plus, we really should name him," she said, pale eyes roaming across Colten's brown frame. He was young, and he didn't just squeeze a child out of him. She was old, and new mothers wanted to do shit all. Stupid bitch Cataleya... She wasn't going to be invited to family dinners anymore! Cross her off all the guest lists and visits...

Ekko knew that this was harder on Colten. He had both Amarant and Kylar back in that pack. She had all she loved and cared for with her, while he was forced to leave things behind. Sighing softly she sought to press her face against Colten's legs, granted that he had come close to her at all. This was all her fault... she just had to go and get pregnant. At her advanced age and his... less advanced age, this shouldn't have happened at all. And for the little one to be born without an issue -- other than almost being stolen right after birth -- he was fine. And nameless...
[Image: 5bf48143-5932-47f9-aae7-2ae6fa3f1e16_zps...1414622125]

Colten

gems
size
build
player
01-17-2015, 02:39 AM

They had barely made it past the border when Ekko would call his name. He would stop, peering over his shoulder in time to watch her set their child down. He would turn, approaching her once more. He was uneasy being this close to Arcanum still. She wanted to name him. He would peer down at the newborn, contemplating a name, but he had never had to do such a thing, nor did he expect to do it so soon in his life. He would sit before her, close enough that she was able to press her face into his legs. He would lean down, pressing his nose to her cheek, but remaining silent. Ears swiveled tirelessly, all senses on high alert in case Cataleya decided to send a search party out for them. He wondered if Kylar knew by now of their departure. His gaze would lift in the direction of the pack, wishing that he could have spoken to his brother, or even his grandfather. He didn't want to simply abandon his brother without a word. Nor did he want to leave his grandpa without saying goodbye -of course he had no idea of the ill will his grandfather held towards him. What would you like to name him? He tried his best to give Ekko his full attention, but Arcanum was still too close for his comfort.

Speech Thought Others

Amarant

gems
size
build
player
01-17-2015, 03:00 AM

The boy had heard the violence from the den on his prowl around the pack, but by the time he arrived at the den, there was nothing but air and... Blood. But he could smell his brother more than anything in the place, and he was instantly worried by looks of the place.

He would try to track his brother's scent that had gone off the border and beyond. There was a slight chance that he went to see Uncle Rune... But if he were wounded, then there was a chance he was laying down bleeding somewhere. The two had made up after their mother's death, but it was still awkward to be around eachother. But there was no way he was going to leave him to bleed out and die.

As his scent got stronger, his worry relaxed  to think he had just taken a walk or such to the lake nearby, but he was instantly in shock when the scene came to view.

He stood back and eyed the two, Colten and the woman that Amarant had continuous encounters with. The russet boy was nuzzling at her cheek and it made Amarant instantly confused. He knew nothing about love, let alone where the baby came from he had failed to hear or see yet. In a frisk walk, he came from out of view, possibly startling one of the two but his voice would shoot out quickly.

"Colten? What are you doing?"

He had then heard the cries of the tiny child and only eyed it for a second, hidden away in it's mother's fur. His eyes narrowed as he looked back to his brother, but he was more confused than anything else. What was going on?

Walk "Talk" Think

Ekko

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
01-17-2015, 03:16 AM

She sighed and closed her eyes at his touch, and was about to think of a name when Amarant's voice broke through. Head snapped up as she gazed at the spotted boy, a small smile forming on her graying muzzle. "Just who we hoped to see," Ekko called softly, short tail thumping on the earth. "We um... we were forced to leave. Cataleya kicked us out of the pack," her gaze roamed up to Colten to see what he would say, to see how much he would say. Eyes went down to the little boy who was happily eating, no longer crying for milk. That is when an idea came to mind, a name ringing in her head. Cohen. It was close sounding to his fathers name, yet different enough that it wasn't, well... the same. "Little Cohen," she said out loud, testing it out for the first time. She became deaf to the world around her for a moment, head flopping back down to the ground as her lids shut. "I'm just gunna rest love, wake me up when we have to go," she mumbled. Her one good ear was still curved towards them though, limbs wrapping around their tiny baby. So little...

Colten

gems
size
build
player
01-17-2015, 03:14 PM

The sound of another approach would have his defenses locking into place as he rose to defend Ekko. But his brothers familiar face and voice would soothe him, muscles relaxing, a sad smile tugging at the corners of his lips. His brother would ask what he was doing, and he had no idea how to explain. But Ekko did it for him. She would dive into a brief story about how Cataleya had kicked them out, though she gave nothing else away. Their son was quiet now, enough that he heard the name spill form Ekko's lips. Cohen. He would smile, his green gaze lowering to them both. He liked it. She wanted to sleep and requested that he wake her when it was time to move again. So as not to disturb her, he would take a few steps away, but not so far that he couldn't get to her at a moments notice. Cataleya kicked us out, because Ekko.... He paused. Ekko gave birth to my child. He would stare wide eyed at his brother, sounding beyond his years. He had matured in such a short time, having no choice but to do so if he wanted to survive the death of his mother. We can't stay here, so we are moving south, I think, Im not sure, just far away from Arcanum. A sigh rolled off his lips. He hoped that his brother would not be mad at him for the mess he made of things, but this was his life now.

Speech Thought Others

Amarant

gems
size
build
player
01-17-2015, 07:44 PM

Head would tilt a little more as Ekko explained that they were kicked out by Cataleya. Not what he was really asking in his mind... He was more  curious about all the affection between the two. Amarant had acted that way when he met Ekko...

But just before he could open his mouth, Colten would explain even more; enough to answer his question. But the black spotted boy had no clue what that even meant. He looked at his brother with a raise of his eyebrow in response, but he continued to speak again; this time to say  that they were heading south.

Amarant's ears would pull back with only a little frustration. He looked at Colten for a moment, but then closed his eyes as rage started to fill him. The hell? He was leaving again. Just like he had with mom...

He would stay in the position for a while, eyes clenching and ignoring anything Colten might have said. But then he realized he had a choice... or he better have one, he wasn't even thinking of Cat and Kylar.

"I'm going with you."

It wasn't really something he wanted... He wanted to live in Arcanum with his grandfather and make a difference in the flaming pack. But there was no way he was going to let Colten get away with running again.

Walk "Talk" Think

Kylar

gems
size
build
player
01-22-2015, 10:03 PM
He had actually come searching for Colten to chat but after a while of poking around Arcanum lands he had found that not only Colten was missing but Amarant as well… More time was spent searching until the beast would pick up Coltens scent. Along with Ekko's and a… Child? For a moment he would lift his head from the scent, sure he had read that wrong but no… A newborn. Acidic gaze would narrow before he would set off after the scent, easily following it past the boarders and to the lake. He heard the wailing shrieks of a child before he would hear the sounds of the boy's talking. He arrived in time to hear Colten explain everything to his brother and for a moment Kylar would freeze. Jesus christ… He was a great grandfather? The man would push forward, appearing out of the foliage, head and tail lifted in dominance as he stared down his nose at his grandsons before turning his gaze to the elderly woman who had seduced his grandson. Was it her way of getting back at him for imprisoning her? "Where will you be going? I would suggest Ludicael or Imperium. But maybe going back to your uncle would be a better option…" Kylar would say to his grandsons though his eyes would never leave Ekko and her whelp. He was torn… He wasn't sure what he wanted to do in this situation. But more then anything he needed to know where they were going and that they would be safe.

Colten

gems
size
build
player
01-22-2015, 10:21 PM

He could see his brothers anger almost immediately. He knew his brother would be upset by his departure, but it wasnt as if he had had a choice. Cataleya had removed them from the pack, he needed to keep his child safe, and the only way to do so was to obey her command. A sigh would roll off his tongue. His brother wanted to go with him. A half smile would lift his lips. Then leave the pack properly, I don't want Cataleya to come searching for you for bailing. We'll wait for you. The approach of another would pull his attention from his brother, defenses slipping into place. He would take a few steps closer to Ekko as soon as his grandfather arrived, his posture pure dominance. He sought to place himself between his grandfather and Ekko. Kylar would speak, though he was looking at Ekko. His grandfather suggested several packs, two of which were unknown to him. I'm not sure, probably go back to Rune. He would state, though he had no intention of rushing straight to his uncle. Unease settled like a rock in his stomach, his grandfathers intent gaze upon Ekko and his child was unnerving. Tension radiated from him, his verdant gaze locking with his grandfathers.

Speech Thought Others

Kylar

gems
size
build
player
01-22-2015, 10:30 PM
Kylar would not take note of Colten's protectiveness, would barely notice his grandson had placed himself between Ekko and Kylar. But as Colten spoke Kylar would snap his gaze back to his grandson for a short moment before snorting and stepping forward. She was asleep, wrapped around the tiny bundle pressed into her belly. He would study her a moment longer before looking to move past Colten to get to them. As he moved to Colten his acidic gaze would snap to his grandson. "I feel fucking old and I blame you…" He would mutter, a soft smile touching his lips, the only sign he would give his grandson that he meant no harm before attempting to move to get a closer look at the newborn. "There used to be a pack in these lands. I know of a few dens if you want to stay here for a few weeks. Its close enough I can come when you call. Amarant if you wish to leave I will deal with Cat." Kylar would rumble, eyes flickering to his black grandson. He would miss these boys. "Have you named him?" He would ask softly.

Ekko

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
01-22-2015, 11:10 PM (This post was last modified: 01-22-2015, 11:48 PM by Ekko.)

The woman heard the rumble of voices, but she was too tired to care. Plus, it was just Amarant. But when the scent of Kylar reached her nose her eyes snapped open, her lips pulling back into a snarl. Leaping to her paws she jumped in front of Kylar, not even hearing his words. "You get the fuck away from my baby," she snapped, hackles raising. She wasn't scared anymore, she wasn't going to have another child die in front of her. No, if a life was going to be taken it was going to be her own. Cohen let out a cry below her, the sudden movements that she had had woken the poor newborn with a start. Ekko's ears pulled back to listen to him, her body lowering to offer him a little bit of her heat. Growls rumbled through her body as her pale blue eyes narrowed. There was no backing down this time, she was going to fight this time.

Amarant

gems
size
build
player
01-23-2015, 09:23 AM

(OOC: May be confusing cuz so much to reply to xD)

He would tell Amarant to go back and speak with Cat, and that they would wait here. And though he did actually have the intention to when Colten said something, he would reply with a humorous grin.

"I'm sure Cat would be dying if I went missing."

He would be completely surprised as the voice of his grandfather came beside him, though he wasn't defensive or excited to see him. Neck turned toward the large man with a small smile and then turned back to Colten when Kylar spoke.

"I was going to suggest going back to Uncle Rune too."

Seemed the best way to go, Rune wouldn't turn them away because Colten had gone off to be a father now, right? At least they would be with family again, and with mom... Though Amarant didn't really want to be in that haunting anymore. As Kylar approached Ekko and the child, Amarant also wouldn't take note of Colten's dominance standing. Kylar would offer to take business with Cat so that Amarant could go freely, but he felt the need to go back. Maybe not one of his best ideas, but he felt responsible enough.

"I'll go deal with Cat later."

Eyes remained on Kylar for the most part, and he jumped when Ekko woke from her sleep and jolted into the man's face. Immediately he would settle before trying to calm her.

"It's fine, Ekko..."

Her name foreign to his tongue as he never knew her name until now. Surly he wouldn't soothe her defensive feelings. He knew Kylar was here to help, besides... Why would he want to bring back wolves that Cataleya sent away?

Walk "Talk" Think

Colten

gems
size
build
player
01-23-2015, 12:22 PM

His uncle would mutter about feeling old, a soft smile tugging at his lips. It was a enough to cause the boy to relax. His grandfather would provide some helpful knowledge about dens in the are, in which he would nod in acknowledgement. He would inquire about his son, wanting to know the newborns name. "Cohen." He would state. His brother would speak, stating that he would deal with Cat instead, joking that she would miss him. Lips twitched in faint smirk but Ekkos snarl and Cohens cry would snap his attention back to them. Angry words fell from her graying lips, fangs exposed in outrage. She would ready to fight. Wanting nothing more than to soothe her worries, he would rush to her side, seeking to press his shoulder against her own and his nose to get cheek. "He's not going to hurt us." He would murmur gently, eyes searching her face. He would seek to place a soft kiss on her cheek before looking back at his grandfather. Everyone wanted to go back to Rune, his brother included, but he wasn't so sure. "We all need to rest." He would hunt that he wanted his family to have some peace. He would find them a den so that Ekko could rest, but they would be leaving here tonight.

Speech Thought Others

Kylar

gems
size
build
player
02-05-2015, 05:29 PM
Colten would ease at Kylar's joke, easily giving his son's name. Kylar would smile softly down at the child for a moment before Amarant would speak, deal with Cat? The beasts eyes would harden as he looked up to his black and white grandson. "Let me deal with her..." His words were stern, unless Amarant was coming back to stay Kylar didn't want him patronizing his wife anymore then what he already did. Kylar enjoyed seeing Ammy screw with his wife but right now was probably not the best time, or ever anymore after all this. And then all at once Ekko was up, snarling and immediately hackles would flare and Kylar would snarl right back at the bitches face. Her child would scream and wail, she would drop herself closer and Colten would rush to her side, offering... Affection? For a moment Kykar was puzzled by this before he would look to Ammy and then Colten. "Silence! I have something to say to you and you better listen. I strongly believe that you used my grandson, you took advantage of his young age like the fucking pedophile you are and used him to gain leverage on me to gain your freedom. For whatever reason a child came out of it and I am proud of Colten for standing by his mistake. But that doesn't mean I like you. You can hold on your shoulders the blame of ripping my family apart. I understand Cat did not help but she was not nearly as far out of line as you are. You raped my grandson. Do you understand that? He had a future, a life ahead of him and now he's tied to an old woman who only used him and a child that wasn't planned. I will protect you because from you came a new generation of Sovari's but it is for that reason alone. Should you do every leave my grandson or do anything aside from give your entire being to him. I. Will. Come for you..." His words were hissed out, managing before he would look to his grandsons, did they object? He didn't care if this did. He didn't want to fight but you better be damn sure he would over this.

Ekko

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
02-05-2015, 06:02 PM

Colten said that he man was here to help, kissing her cheek. She leaned against him, meeting his gaze and offering the boy a soft smile, even if she didn't believe him. He was here for nothing other than his own gain. When he roared at her she shied back, flinching away from his cruelty. Tears poured down her white and rusted face, before her lips pulled back once more and she growled at him with all her might. "I don't take kindly to you coming here and accusing me of this shit," she said, stepping forward to snap towards his face. She didn't step too far away from Cohen though, the boy still whimpering at her paws. "Did you happen to notice that it wasn't me who asked to leave? I would have stayed in Arcanum with him if your wife kicked us out. You think I took advantage of him? Ask who made the first move. I didn't want it, I didn't want puppies! But against everything else I fell in love with Colten. If you ever come here and accuse me of this I will fucking kill you." She spat. It would seem that the new mother had a bit of rage of in her, even after being a slave for all her life. "Colten had a choice, and he chose me over you. How does that feel, huh? He can leave at any point, I will not force him to stay with me. But I love him, do you understand that? Ask him the same thing, if he cares for me or not. You know nothing of me, or of us. I'm not using him, as you say. Colten is not stupid, and he can decide that for himself. And did you grant my freedom? I would hardly call being kicked out of the pack right after giving birth as freedom. I have been a slave all my life, and I doubt that that will be my last. But I am old, and tired, and I just want to raise my boy right." Pale blue eyes left his form to gaze at the little one now, a soft smile forming on her lips. Her eyes went to Colten then, tears still pooling in her eyes. "If you believe what he has said, then you should go back with him Colten. I care for you deeply, enough to let you go if I have to. But the choice is yours and yours alone. Don't let others dictate this for you." Ekko said with a sniffle, trying to push her face into his brown chest. She was so very broken, so hurt from all of this. She peeked up at Kylar, eyes narrowing towards him as she let out another growl. "If you think that I did this for my freedom, then take me back there. Fuck, kill me for all I care. But don't drag Cohen or Colten down with you. Don't place this all on them. I can't turn back the clock and change things, otherwise I would have a lot to change in my life. But I care for your grandson greatly, weather you believe it or not."

Amarant

gems
size
build
player
02-05-2015, 11:08 PM

The spotted boy would be glad to see that his brother calmed to Kylar's presence. But it wouldn't last long as the giant and the miniature woman spat at each other. Amarant would share a gaze between the two, his hidden temper rising to his skull. Colten should have know he had that temper, why else would he hold such a grudge towards him before?

"I've had just about enough of everyone threatening to kill each other!" He would begin to roar back at the two. He would try to place himself between the two, only to get to the other side. But he wasn't trying to separate them, he just wanted to get their attention by trying to stand tall and act as if he could stop time. "Why does it have to be so hard for someone to try and make peace with everyone?" He would look at Ekko with a piercing, but not threatening gaze. "I've stood up for you multiple times without knowing that we would all be here today." The same look would come to Kylar again and then back to the ground, and the sky, and anywhere but on someone here. "I have to lose everything to get something good and have that ripped from underneath me too! But I will not be separated from my brother again even it means I'm miserable the rest of my life." If anyone knew, he was talking about Arcanum, about Kylar, about Secruta, about Mom. He could never be too happy for long.

Finally he would make a loud step over to Colten, trying to get into his face with a hissing tone, "You call me when this is settled." Turning his head to face the other two again he would end, "I am not dealing with this shit right now!" He would shout his last words to cross everyone's mind.

If only the boy knew what love was... He could have some pretty darn good stuff to say about that. But everything he really wanted to get out now was not necessary for the whole world to hear. When Colten was ready, they would have another talk. It seemed like there was nothing to get them through their harsh relationship. There was always another block tumbling after the other; what would happen when the whole wall came down? He would then try to leave, hoping that the situation wouldn't last much longer. He needed somewhere to cool down. Or maybe just to cry.

-Exit Ammy unless stopped-

Walk "Talk" Think

Colten

gems
size
build
player
02-05-2015, 11:55 PM

Everything had been going so well. And then it was gone. Kylar would snap, lashing out with angry, hateful words towards Ekko. He would make bold accusations against Ekko, only serving to fuel the boys anger and resentment towards him. But when his grandfather finally threatened Ekko, he would snap. An angry snarl ripped from his russet lips as he took a step forward. Much to her surprise, Ekko could beat him to it. She would burst forth with equally angry words, standing for herself for the first time, probably ever. For a moment all he could do was stare in shock. He had never heard her say so much. Ever. Then three words would spill from her lips. He felt his anger melt, a small toying with his lips as peered down at her. When she would finally look at him, she would give a choice, a chance. A frown would immediately pull down the corners of his lips. I love you. He would murmur as she pressed against his chest, his neck arching to embrace her.

The tender moment didn't last long. His brother would erupt angrily, something he hadn't seen in awhile. Ears would fall back against his skull as his brother moved forward, placing himself between Kylar and Ekko. He remained unmoving until his brother turned a hostile gaze toward Ekko. Eyes would narrow as he struggled to rein in own his temper, but otherwise he said nothing. His brother would then turn on him, hissing angry words in his face before storming off. Finally, it was his turn to face his grandfather. He felt his anger return, overwhelming him and heating his body. Don't ever talk to her like that again. He would bite out, hackles bristling, lips peeling back to expose fangs. She did not rape me, she did not use me for anything, and you will not threaten her again. Angry words spilled like venom from his lips as he glared at his grandfather.

Without another word, he would turn, seeking to scoop up his whimpering son, pressing against Ekko as he signaled her that it was time to go. He wouldn't look back as he left his grandfather behind, he was still seething, his resentment towards the man only intensified. He had no desire to ever see the man again, right now, all he wanted to do was find his little family a safe place to settle down and sleep for the night.

-exit-

Speech Thought Others