ardent

On a night like this

Aakil

gems
size
build
player
01-20-2015, 03:34 PM

He was pretty sure that it hadn't been too long since he had last eaten, but for whatever reason as soon as he dug into the chunk of meat that Dione had brought, he couldn't get enough of it. Puppy teeth would slash at the juicy meat, slicing bite size chunks that he would greedily wolf down. He had never remembered meat having tasted this good. He had eaten deer and elk and fish, but none of those compared to the meat that he was eating now. He would eye Dione from the corner of his eye as he dug into the meat, watching as she finally disappeared back the way she came. He hoped he wouldn't have to run into her very soon again but that was probably very wishful thinking.

Haunches would fold beneath the boy as he sat down to enjoy the free meal that he had been given, forgetting for the moment that Ganja was even there. Ivory and chocolate muzzle would be buried deep into the meat, salmon tongue lapping greedily at the dripping blood as he gnawed away at the chunk, finding that he was slowly chipping away at a good amount. It wasn't until he had nearly his entire face, almost all the way up to his eyes, covered in blood and his stomach was full enough that he would finally pull his head back, chewing lazily on his last piece of meat, amethyst eyes refocusing on Ganja's figure. Apparently she was supposed to show him around, per Dione's request. Would she be a good little mommy's girl and listen? He would smirk to himself as he waited to find out.

Aakil
Ganja

Ganja

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
Vail
01-20-2015, 06:28 PM

Her mother would eventually leave her and Aakil to their meal and soon after the tour. Ganja was going to show him everything every single place she ahd discovered so far. Which really wasn't an incredible amount because of their parent's protectiveness. It wasn't often her mother trusted her out on her own, but she would surely do her best to make her proud. The little green bud adored her mother, even more than she feared her.

Both children would eat heartily, Ganja's tiny belly would fill quickly even before Aakil had finished she would back away from the haunch. Her bright red eyes would watch the hostess cake colored boy as he finished and looked up at her, drenched in pieces of meat and blood. Even though he called her slimy she couldn't help but smile brightly at his appearance. Her tiny black paws would bring her closer to him and she would try and clean him off, using her toxic green tongue to do so.

Aakil
Ganja

if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Aakil

gems
size
build
player
01-20-2015, 09:08 PM

Another smile would find its way onto the girls' lips and Aakil would frown at her. Why was she always smiling at him? Why did she always look like she was amused by everything that he did? It was annoying how happy she looked all the time, except of course when she wasn't cowering from her mother. He would frown at her, blood speckled brows furrowing together as he continued chewing the last chunk of meat, blood pooling across his chocolaty limbs. He would watch her with wary eyes as she suddenly decided that she was going to walk up to him, her toxic green tongue slipping out of her jaws to try and lash across his bloodied muzzle in an effort to clean him up.

Amethyst eyes would bulge out of his head as he scrambled backwards, falling back onto his spine as he tried to roll away from her in the most ungraceful manner possible. His head would slam backwards against ground, dirt mixing with the blood that was beginning to dry on his coat, making it that much dirtier than it already was. Pulling his limbs back underneath him, Aakil would scramble to stand up, ears flat against his skull. What are you trying to do?! He would demand, taking a few steps back to widen the space between them. Who did she think she was, trying to come and clean up his face! They were strangers and he didn't let strangers touch him like that!

Aakil
Ganja

Ganja

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
Vail
01-20-2015, 09:31 PM

He would give her a confused look as she walked closer to him, he was obviously still displeased with her but that didn't matter. He was hers unless his parents came back, her mom had said so. She'd even let her name him, and still she was half tempted to call him 'hoot'. As she poked her tongue at him his eyes would widen considerably in alarm, causing him to fall back extravagantly. This also caused him to become infinitely more dirty. Her jaw would drop as she watched him disapprovingly. He would rage at her, obviously unaware of his mess of a state. "Cleaning you up.. duh?" The girl would tell him, how had that not been obvious? "I'm keeping you now, so I've got to take care of you." again, as though her point should have been completely obvious in the first place. The girl would attempt to come at him with her tongue again, determined to have him clean before she took him around.

Aakil
Ganja

Aakil

gems
size
build
player
01-20-2015, 09:46 PM

He didn't have a problem with getting dirty or else he wouldn't have stuck his entire face into the meat and gotten all the blood on his face. He obviously had plans to wash it off later with some water, but it didn't seem that Ganja was on the same wavelength as him, which shouldn't have been surprising since they were still strangers. So to him at least, it made sense that he would freak out when she tried to come and clean off his face with her tongue. If he had wanted her to clean him off, he probably would've asked her to or made it pretty obvious that those were his intentions. But he had done no such thing.

Cleaning you up.. duh? I'm keeping you now, so I've got to take care of you. He would allow himself to stand up to his full height, looking down at Ganja with a raised eyebrow. You're not keeping me, so you don't have to take care of me. I can take care of myself. He would inform her, needing her to understand that he was capable enough to take care of himself. Maybe not to the point where he could quite hunt effectively for himself, but he was at least able to keep himself clean all by himself if he was inclined to do so.

Aakil
Ganja

[/quote]

Ganja

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
Vail
01-20-2015, 10:17 PM

Since he didn't have a mother Ganja felt it her responsibility to care for his upkeep, cleaning him, showing him around, making sure he knew where to potty. Her brothers sure didn't know how to clean themselves, so she only thought it logical that he didn't either. She'd try to go for his face once more but the boy would stand up, making himself quite out of reach. She would 'humph' and sit back down, finding herself scowling up at him this time. He was so sure that his parents were coming back. "yeah if they come back," the tiny girl would mumble to herself as she stood back up. "Fine," Her vocals would say finally as she turned away from him, "Come on then. Momma doesn't often let us out without watching us. Lets have some fun while we're by ourselves!" With that she would skitter forward through the tall grass, deeper into the territory to show him around.

Aakil
Ganja

Aakil

gems
size
build
player
01-20-2015, 10:27 PM

He would find himself pleased when Ganja quickly gave up on trying to clean up his face for him, his height dissuading her from trying any harder than if he had stayed on the ground. But quickly his mood would plummet as the girl mumbled that there was a chance wouldn't come back. He wanted to snap at her, to defend his parents and tell her that they were coming back, but he knew deep down inside of him that they wouldn't. The child in him refused to give up hope until he knew for a fact that they weren't going to come back, so until that moment came, he would keep on believing that there was still a chance that they would come back.

Come on then. Momma doesn't often let us out without watching us. Lets have some fun while we're by ourselves! He would dare a glance back in the direction where his parents' disappearing scents had come from, hoping with all his might that they might come back in the next several of days. Resigned for the time being he would follow after Ganja as she led him through tall grass. It was a little hard to see through the grass, since it was so tall, but Aakil was doing pretty well. Unlike Ganja, who was swallowed up by the tall vegetation, her bright coat somewhat blending in. Where was she taking him?

Aakil
Ganja

Ganja

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
Vail
01-20-2015, 10:50 PM

She wouldn't notice that he'd caught what she'd said, not that he could deny the truth in her words. He'd continue to be complacent, listening to her as she spoke of Dione and her strict ways. She'd spare a glance back at him when he wouldn't reply, a bit worried about his silence now. Maybe he had heard her words, and she had to admit she would have been really sad if she lost her parents as well. She'd turn back around and continue, sure that he was following her now. She'd try and forget the loss he was experiencing, the remorse for her words an annoyance as she walked on.

The last place they were gonna go was the den, that's where momma wanted them at the end of their journey and she wasn't gonna waste time showing it to him first. They would head in the opposite direction, avoiding her plants, she didn't trust him enough to allow him to see those for real yet, so she would find her way to the meeting place. When they'd last come from there momma had been incredibly angry at what Valentine had said. So much that she was ready to leave him. "This is the meeting place," The girl would say cheerily as she took a seat to let him take in the scene before him.

Aakil
Ganja

Aakil

gems
size
build
player
01-27-2015, 03:06 PM

He wasn't exactly thrilled that he was going to be following Ganja around for the rest of the day, but really, what else did he have to do? He wasn't particularly keen on sitting around and moping about the fact that his parents possibly abandoned him, waiting to see if they could decide to come back, so following the green girl around was the lesser of two evils he supposed. He wasn't very interested in what she had to show him, wanting this day to be over as quickly as possible. But he would entertain Ganja and the tour she wanted to give him, figuring he might as well play nice since she and her family were going to help him stay on his paws while he figured out if his parents were ever coming back.

This is the meeting place. She would announce, breaking him from his thoughts as they arrived in a large clearing, the scent of many wolves filling his nostrils. Among them he could pick out Ganja's and Dione's, with them a few that smelled of the green wolves while all the rest were of complete strangers. He would take a moment to inspect the area, amethyst eyes roving the clearing. This is the meeting place for what? He would ask as he turned to glance at her for a moment before allowing his gaze to fall back on the meeting place. He wasn't familiar with the going ons of a pack, since he'd only lived with his parents, so he didn't know why a bunch of wolves would want to gather together in a large area.

Aakil
Ganja