ardent

The Messenger Comes Wearing Black

Cypress

gems
size
build
player
01-25-2015, 12:43 PM
It was over. There was no point in trying any longer. His mother and father had passed on. Mother from sickness, father from his broken heart. Birch had been dying along with their mother, it had been clear to see... and when they left Cy had no heart to continue on. He left the pack to his younger siblings and left to find Laria. His other half. His littermate. If they did not return the pack would be in the hands of the younger two... and that was all there was too it.

The somber knight would walk on, arrive at the place with grasses so thick and high it made his head spin. Or maybe it was already spinning, and the sight of them just made it a bit worse. A deep sigh left him, and Cypress would plunge forth into the depths. He felt sick. Numb. His heart just... hurt. A sinking organ in his chest, constantly there. He would finally come to a stop, raising his head into the grasses. A long, sorrowful sound escaped his lips. Every so often he'd let loose the call as he searched for her. Laria...Gods above let her be safe too.

Laria

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
01-25-2015, 12:58 PM

Her searching had never ceased, her eyes keeping their focus on the surrounding areas. The flower that could save her mother's life had to be somewhere in the thicket and fast she was beginning to lose the hope that she had desperately clung to. A sorrowful sound emerged over the territory and her eyes started to water. It was Sequoyah's voice. She ran towards it, panic and fear present in her eyes as she ran towards the man who had led beside her for so long. They were all they had left. She skidded to a halt, literally, a few feet in front of him and she felt like she was about to break, her heart disappearing along the way. "I... I didn't find it in time, did I?" Her voice was weak and defeated as she looked into her brother's eyes.

A certain empty feeling set in as she looked at the knight before her. She could feel herself deteriorating.

Cypress

gems
size
build
player
01-28-2015, 04:06 AM
The sound of someone coming through the thicket was unexpected, yet Cypress would not shift away from the noise. He would stand there, remaining, until his sister came to a halt just a few feet away from him. Bi-colored gaze would lift to her, pained heavily as he stared into her eyes. He almost couldn't find the words, but finally, he knew, he just had to tell her. To tell her the truth of the situation. Cypress would breathe in, composing himself, standing straighter and dipping his head.

"No... I'm sorry." He would say softly. "Mother passed... and father went not long after. I left the pack to Aithusa and Kilgharrah. I... can't go back. I... I won't go back." Cy would close his eyes, losing his composure. Grief filled the knight, so unlike his usual domineer. He would give a whine, forcing his eyes open, to look through misty eyes, at Laria. "I don't even know if this flower actually exists... I think... I think mother just wanted to give us all some hope... didn't want us to face the truth..." He finally managed, closing the distance between them. He set his paw over hers, shaking some. "I'm sorry Laria... I... I couldn't do anything to help her either..."