gems
size
Extra large
build
player
Novella
01-29-2015, 06:52 PM
round here the sky's a little closer a little closer to the ground

Aslan had been waiting for the right time to speak to his dad. To be honest he knew full well there was no reason to delay it and the few days he had perhaps were simply still in hopes of the news settling within his mind a little more. Something told the chocolate coloured boy though that he wouldn't quite get used to the idea of new siblings until they had arrived in this world and he could actually meet them.

Now he had other things he wanted to ask his dad about anyway, it wasn't just family but pack things too that now filled his mind. Eventually he would suck up the courage to call him, settling himself down upon the ground, watching the calming repetitive roll of the waves as they swept in and back out.

it's hard for someone to get lost here harder still to get found

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
01-30-2015, 11:05 PM
He'd been on his way to catch dinner for himself and Novella when the sound of his son's call was heard from the waters of the bay. He couldn't deny Aslan his presence, and his no hesitation the dark wolf would veer off his original path to greet his tall son. He'd never imagined that one of his offspring would grow so tall, he was impressed to say the least. Though even if he had been of medium size Frith would have adored him.

As with Varda, Frith regretted the sickness that had taken him from them during their young lives, but now he knew he had to make up for it. Quick feet led the man to his child, bicolored gaze falling on his son as he sat at the waves. An intrigued smiled played on the Author's features as he came to sit by his son. "hey." He'd offer quietly as his nose aimed to nuzzle the boy briefly before sitting back, tilting his head slightly in curiosity. "What can I do for you?" Eager to provide Aslan with anything his ears would perk with an expected answer.
if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Aslan

Loner
Chapter

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
Novella
01-31-2015, 09:25 AM

Though he had settled down, Aslan wouldn't have to wait long at all for his father to appear. The man hadn't arrived swiftly, now joining the boy as he settled at his side. There was a resemblance of course in colour, though that height still made very little sense especially as father and son sat side by side like this.

"Hi dad" He responded, returning the greeting as mismatched eyes glanced towards his sire. Frith was quick at getting to the point, questioning what Aslan wanted. "I just wanted to talk" Aslan responded. It was a vague conversation starter, but he would pause now, debating how to continue with his statement or perhaps seeking approval to continue.

"You're an only child." He eventually began, still a little unsure on where he was going with his words. "You must have some family though right? Mum's side is so big, we hear about them all the time but you've never really spoken about yours."

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
02-04-2015, 07:35 PM
A quick response to his greeting would be given as he got a glance from the tall boy. Still quite amazed at how tall he'd actually gotten it was hard for Frith not to feel slightly intimidated by his own son's massive frame. He couldn't imagine where he'd gotten the height, maybe his own father had been tall. There really wasn't much telling and he loved the boy either way. Aslan would also admit that he wanted to talk, pausing to decide what he wanted to say Frith would remain silent, waiting for any words his offspring wished to have with him.

Eventually the lyrics would come, curiosities about his own childhood. He'd given them a clue of where he'd come from when the revelation of their siblings had been flaunted. Though he was almost disappointed that he was going to have no real answer for his son. Indeed the Destruction line was massive, most didn't even realize how far they stretched. "Well, there's not much to speak of. I never knew my father and my mother died even before i met Novella." It was a sad truth, one he knew all too well. "It was only your grandmother and I when I grew up, she was rather elderly by the time she'd birthed me. I don't know if she had any children before but there were none after." Even if she had given life to more siblings it was astoundingly unlikely that they would ever meet up or realize their lineage.

Aslan

Loner
Chapter

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
Novella
02-06-2015, 06:07 AM

His father wouldn't disappoint him though the news itself would be a saddening surprise for Aslan. It was hard to believe that there was no one else in the family on his father's side. A big family just seemed so normal, even if his father had never mentioned them, Aslan had always assumed that there was far more family out there in the world that shared his father's genes. "Really?" He couldn't help but ask, the surprised question just slipping out of his mouth. "No one else at all?"

Aslan really couldn't imagine that, life without Varda and Herne, without his father, his aunts and uncles, cousins even the idea of these new siblings had already come to seem more normal. He felt a little sorry for his dad in some ways, it must have been lonely right? No brothers and sister's to play with, no dad to help teach him things. He wouldn't voice this aloud but the feelings were certainly still there.

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
02-10-2015, 12:33 PM
He could tell that his answer was not anything that Aslan had been expecting, he was lucky to have been born into a massive family, Frith had only one growing up. She was very dear to him though, and her loss had cut him deeply. However with out the chance to go out on his own he would have never met the woman he loved nor would Aslan have been standing before him now. Kynareth would be proud to have such a strapping grandson though, he knew it.

Aslan was filled with so much disbelief that he would ask again, making sure that Frith hadn't forgotten about anyone. "My childhood was much different than yours," He'd say easily, there was no regret just Frith stating the fact. "Only your grandmother and I. We had no pack, my friend was my mother and she taught me how to be a wolf." He'd find himself chuckling, "Joining such a vast family was one of the best gifts your mother gave me." He'd tell his boy, hopefully this glimpse into his father's life would make him more thankful for what he had here in Threar.

Aslan

Loner
Chapter

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
Novella
02-10-2015, 07:15 PM

Though Frith would indeed confirm the fact that he had grown up alone with only his mother for company Aslan would still find himself surprised by the news. Indeed the boy the grateful for his own family, having so many wolves around him was certainly something he'd come to love and couldn't imagine life without them.

He would remain silent for a few moments, not entirely sure what else to say upon the matter. It seemed a little rude to jump straight onto another topic right away but there was something else that he wanted to talk to his father about after all. "There was something else that I wanted to talk about as well." He began slowly, easing himself into the matter. "In the meeting, mum said about new allies. I saw Bass in Abaven do you think I could go to the North?"

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
02-17-2015, 11:51 AM
He knew that his history might be a tough one for his children to swallow, they would never know the life that he had grown up. The incredible bond he had with his mother could never be duplicated, but to have so much family around them. They were lucky indeed.

Alsan would remain quiet afterwards for a long few moments, still contemplating what was told, but would soon let his father in on his thoughts. This was not the only reason for his need to be at his father's side. There was a question of a trip too. He'd seen Bass, but that was easy since the packs literally shared a border. however Glaciem was much farther away. "We'll probably have to make sure Novella thinks it's alright. But I think it'd be a good experience for you." Though he couldn't deny his nervousness about letting him go alone. "You will probably need a guide to help you up ther yes?" Had his son even intended upon going on his own?

Aslan

Loner
Chapter

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
Novella
02-18-2015, 06:02 AM

Of course Aslan knew that a trip to Glaciem was completely different to the one to Abaven. They may have both been allies but the distance was a lot greater to Glaciem and it was why on this occasion he had decided to speak to his father about the possible visit first. Frith would think about the matter for a moment before responding with the need to speak with Novella as well first. To start with the boy assumed that was a way of saying no but passing the job onto his mother first to his surprise though, his father thought it was a good idea.

Aslan hadn't thought it was the greatest idea to travel alone, though he wasn't entirely certain who he could go with. Frith too thought it was better for him to travel with someone else, a comment that was no surprise given his warning that they ought to be careful outside of the pack lands. "I guess so" The boy responded. "Who?" Did his father have any ideas?

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
02-18-2015, 08:40 AM
Had Aslan been any younger Frith might have considered telling him no, but as he was very clearly becoming an adult much too quick for Frith's liking there was no reason to confine him in Threar. He was old enough now to have an adventure or two, even if Frith did wish for him to be in the company of a more experienced member. Aslan wouldn't seem too disappointed about not being allowed alone, but would question who it was Frith wished him to go with. For a moment he considered saying Legend, the man seemed well suited for the trip, and with the new babies Frith was not as eager to leave Novella's side. But with Varda's help, and the aforementioned brother surely he could slip away to Glaciem for a few days and Novella would hardly miss he and Aslan. He also wished to see Odette again, so she could be the one to give him a tour. "I think that I'd like to."

Aslan

Loner
Chapter

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
Novella
02-18-2015, 08:53 AM

To be honest Aslan's first thought was his sister, though he doubted either of them really counted as the right support for the other. They would look out for each other as best as they could he was certain, though their skills and experience were some what lacking due to their young age. They may have been growing up but there was a lot more to do until they would be ready for such things alone. His thought after that then was his Uncle Legend or one of his cousins, most likely FĂ©licien for he didn't really see Sorrel agreeing to sign up for such a task. Even a member of Abaven would seem more likely an option than either of his parents at the present though to the boy's surprise Frith would volunteer himself for the trip.

It wasn't that he disliked the idea of travelling with his father, it would certainly be quite a nice opportunity to spend some time with him. He simply felt that Frith probably would have rather stayed here what with more pups on the way, they would surely be here soon now and then they would need time with their father too. "Really?" He questioned. "Are you sure?"

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
02-25-2015, 08:42 AM
He wasn't too keen on sending his yearling children off into the wild unknowns by themselves, especially with his inability to have trained them as thoroughly as he wished. He trusted them completely and had every confidence in them, but there were a lot of dangers in the world and he wasn't about to lose them over a silly mistake. Though with Novella pregnant it was unlikely that they would be leaving before his wife gave birth. He could see the surprise in his son's eyes as he offered himself up, but Odette had asked him to come and see her home and he was hardly about to disappoint her. A good amount of time had passed since the man had left Threar anyway, it was time to get out and go do something. What better excuse than to travel to the North with his son?

Aslan would question his decision and Frith would grin, "Of course, you'll just have to be a little patient and wait until your new siblings have been born." They'd go within the first week of their new lives. The pack could hunt for Novella, and Varda would be able to help see to her and the new babies care. He had every confidence this plan would work out perfectly.

Aslan

Loner
Chapter

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
Novella
03-19-2015, 04:19 PM

Travelling was something that Aslan of course hadn't done too much of at all. His longest adventures had been perhaps the visits to Sawtooth as a child, quite a feat for one as young as he had been and whilst he perhaps would have dreamt of venturing out further he had developed control and some common sense. Patience wouldn't be a problem here, the calm boy had certainly inherited that trait and he would simply offer a smile of his own in return to his father as he nodded his head understandingly. He didn't want to miss seeing his new siblings for the first time anyway, it was an exciting experience all of its own. "I can wait." He reassured his father.