Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
01-31-2015, 09:47 PM
ooc: sorry for shortness i have a migraine but wanted to post this before i go to bed

A howl broke from his voice, the first in weeks though it was still lacking in the power he once held. Drashiel's call rang out for his children. The man was recovering well but still not at his full strength. There was also the fever. The infection. Drashiel was worried about what it might lead to and something told him it was time to start getting his kids ready for the harsher realities of the world. He wanted them to have at least a foundation from which to defend themselves. Sitting gingerly he waited, drawing in slow, steady breaths.

Sirius1

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
02-01-2015, 04:35 PM

Bounding forward, Sirius was the first to reach her father. "Hey, daddy." The girl still hadn't quite wrapped her mind around the fact that her mother wasn't going to join them. She replayed the bear attack over and over, had seen her mother die hundreds of times, but it still didn't feel real. Sometimes she woke up expecting to feel her curled around Siri and her siblings, other times she exited the den and expected to see her laying in the sun. Without fail every single morning she woke up unaware that her mother was gone. It wasn't until the obviousness of Roman's death was presented to her in some minor, unexpected way that she remembered just how different life was now.

"Talk" "You" Think

Atreides

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Tealah
02-02-2015, 08:00 AM

Atreides was still cocooned in shock, still hiding from the reality of the situation, hiding from the hurt and anger beneath layers of apathy. He couldn't summon up enthusiasm for anything, a natural sort of laziness augmented by a puppyish existential dread and apathy brought on by... the Event that Changed Everything. But when Dad called to them, Trei couldn't and wouldn't ignore it, trotting along behind Sirius with a disconcerting blankness to sit heavily beside her before their dad.

And then with the sight of his dad, a stab of fear cracked through the apathy strongly enough that he had to stifle a whimper. Was his dad going to die? He looked really, really awful and so different than the vibrant male he'd been before. He looked even more sick than Narcissa did now. Was he going to leave them too? The thought was more terrifying and painful than even the memory of the bears - that had happened so fast and was softened by distance and time and the natural resilience of puppies, but the thought of his father dying?

No, Dad couldn't die. Dad was the strongest wolf in all the world. He was the best, and the best couldn't die. Trei shoved his fear back down with determination and mustered a smile for his dad, even if it was a bit subdued. Dad had enough to worry about without Trei being a big baby. Atreides was the boy, he had to take care of his family. He couldn't be a crybaby. "Hi Dad."

""

Integra

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
02-08-2015, 01:41 PM

Integra dwas laying on the floor of the den, next to a sleeping Narcissa as she neatly assorted the plants she'd collected. The thing was… she wasn't quite sure what to do with them now that she'd collected them. Picking up some dandelions she aid them on Narcissa's head and waited to see if anything would happen. Hmmm…. nope. Removing the dandelions she started heaping on some fox tails, surely that would do the trick! Jusdt as she finished laying on the last plant she heard her father's call.

Ears flicked forward and she trotted out of the den, Trei and Siri were already there… weird… no Bellona? Integra stepped forward and nuzzled her father's front legs before moving to sit next to her sister.

""
[Image: yKuOSHo.png]

Drashiel

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
02-08-2015, 03:54 PM

Drashiel reached out to nuzzle each of his pups in turn. There were no tears, only numbness. Bellona had disappeared and after tracking he'd found her… dead and in doing so he'd pushed his own injuries and the infection and knew… some how he knew, he was on his last legs. That was the worst part. Roman had entrusted the pups to him and he would fail her… the young male sighed. Honestly, he was having a hard time caring. He was more than ready to die, tired of this life, struggling on only for the pups he wanted to give a shot at life to but look… Bellona was dead and it was likely Narcissa wouldn't be far behind. He was incapable of being a father. Better to turn them over to someone who could at least teach them to defend themselves. He and Dægmar had been close at one point after all and while he didn't fully trust her he did know that she could at least teach them to fight. After all… she was the one that taught him everything he knew in the arts of battle.

"Kids…. I… I do not know what we have done to anger the fates so… but I'm afraid I have some bad news. Bellona has… she is now with your mother in the heavens and I will be joining them both soon. I… I love you all so, so much and this isn't fair but… please, know that I love you."

Something snapped and the tears came but he swallowed his grief and his fear and cleared his throat to continue. "I've called you here to train. The world is cruel, you've seen that and you will need to learn how to defend yourselves. My teacher in the arts of battle was Dægmar Thyre and I have asked her here to train you." Drashiel turned his head to nod at the approaching emerald-eyed woman.

"Speech"

Dægmar

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
02-08-2015, 03:59 PM

Dægmar strolled languidly into the depressing little gathering. She was somewhat surprised. She'd never thought she would out live her apprentice and yet here they were… she could care less. It was a great opportunity to test out her training methods. Something stirred though deep in her gut, something she refused to acknowledge. Her feelings for Drashiel had always been unusual and conflicting. "That's right, so you better be ready to work your butts off to make your parents proud. The world is never going to give you time to mourn. So line up!" She barked out her orders, moving to stand across from them.

"We'll get started on the basic defenses. I want you to look at me, pay attention and do what I do. You feel upset, yes? Angry, yes? RAISE THOSE HACKLES, let your fur stand up, make yourself larger!" Dægmar's own hackles rose down her back, her fur standing on end. "This will offer your spine and your body some protection and padding from the jaws of your enemies. Next, pin your ears to your head to keep them out of reach. If an opponent tears one of these the blood can run into your ear canal or eyes, dulling your senses, making you weak. Narrow your eyes, this will help keep the dust to a minimum and make for quicker closing should you need to avoid claws, etc." She paused to review the defenses, moving around the pups to correct them before continuing. She would drill them hard, it would be a lot of information but she wanted them ready for the gathering. "Keep your jaws parted and at the ready whether you need to attack or retaliate. Now…. roll your shoulders forward and scrunch your neck back, this will push your fur and flesh over your vitals. Tuck your chin slightly to protect your throat. Do you follow so far?"

"Speech"