hold me to the light, let me shine

Ara

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
02-12-2015, 07:46 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2015, 07:47 PM by Ara.)

Today, Ara was determined to find one of her favorite herbs -- lavender.

She was highly familiar with the plant, having gathered it many times for her parents. It was a useful herb to know about and it had been one of the first she'd truly collected and administered herself. Still the woman remembered her adventure to the plains back near the Range, when she'd lived in Seracia with her family, where she'd met a girl with similar interests named Callisto. The recollection brought back fond memories, as she made her way south, making a mental note of the sun's position almost directly overhead in the sky. Still she didn't know where her parents had gone, nor where her youngest brother was, but she wasn't willing to leave her wife and children to search for them. Not yet, at least.

The average-sized girl's pawsteps were soft as she padded through the thick grass of the plains, each step deliberate as she fully took in her surroundings. Summer was nearly upon them, and she felt the heat of the sun blazing fiercely down on her dark pelt. It was far hotter here than she expected, and she found herself panting softly as she continued through the gradually thickening grasses that seemed to spring up all around her.

It took some time for her to successfully find what she'd came here for, but when she did, she found herself grinning widely. The bright purple flowers were visible from a great distance away. Despite feeling quite fatigued from her journey here and the hot sun beaming down upon her back, her pace increased quickly until she was close to a small bunch of the plants. With ease she leaned forward to begin to tug at some of the plants, her motions swift but delicate, hardly even wincing at the bitter taste of the lavender stalks as she pulled some up from the dirt near the root.

Félicien

gems
size
build
player
02-22-2015, 10:41 PM

The young male was away from home, bearing the title he held as a chapter like a heavy weight on his shoulders. He didn't feel he deserved it at all. A soft sigh escaped the young man, and he would carry on, gaze lowered, as he took slow step after step. He felt like he didn't know enough for the current rank he held. He felt bad about going to Novella or Frith to ask for more instruction... especially when they just had another litter. He didn't feel it right to ask Legend either... which made the boy wonder what was wrong with him. Since when had he ever had trouble speaking with family?  Was there something wrong with him?

The boy would keep walking on. The only one he was really finding ease speaking with was Sorrel, his twin. As much as he loved his brother, however, he was no healer... the names of the herbs never really stuck.  Féli would walk on, outside of pack lands, if only to clear his mind. He would walk through the tall grasses, eventually his gaze falling on some female out there with him. She seemed to be... pulling at the ground. Another healer? He would slow, wracking his brain. Something about her seemed familiar... wasn't she apart of Ludicael once upon a time before the packs split? Yes... that had to be it. The boy would approach her, breathing in her scents. The scent was similar... there was no doubt now.

"Are you still with Sawtooth?" The boy asked, unsure of the changes that had all gone on.

"Listen to me talk," 'but read my thoughts.'

Table by:: Eldarwen

Ara

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
02-24-2015, 08:29 AM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2015, 08:34 AM by Ara.)

Part of her hoped that bringing Novel some lavender might ease her restless soul. Perhaps she could sleep more soundly with it and even find the courage to leave the solitude of their den a bit more often. Though even if she didn't want it, Ara knew her efforts were not in vain. She could certainly find use or it, even if it was not for her wife. With methodical precision she snapped the lavender stalks, placing them gingerly on the ground at her forepaws, careful to not damage the flowers.

She'd been so consumed in her task that she hardly noticed the approach of another until he was too close for her to ignore him. His voice echoed through the flat plains, and slowly her head would snap upward, soft blue gaze fixating on him. "What?" she would echo quickly, having not fully registered his question, her voice full of inquiry. And yet a split second later she realized what he had asked. Instinctively she had tightened her posture, ears flattening against her skull at the prospect of danger -- and yet he seemed far from threatening. :Sorry -- yes, I am," she answered, nodding her head slowly as she examined him from a distance. "We are called Fiori now though, and under different rule." There was little hint of pride in her gentle words, only calm seriousness at the facts she presented him with. There seemed to be a slight spark of recognition within her own gaze, though she wouldn't quite place him. For so long she'd been wrapped up in her studies, in her wife and her children... she felt embarrassed at not knowing if he'd been a packmate at one time. "And you are...?"

Félicien

gems
size
build
player
02-28-2015, 01:11 AM

The female would raise her head, at first seeming to not have registered his words. Her own voice was full of inquiry, as to how he might have known her. Her ears would flatten against her skull, examining him. Félicien would keep where he stood, not wanting to provoke her into an necessarily attack. She didn’t seem to recognize him, even if she seemed familiar to him. Had he perhaps been mistaken about her? But no... She said she had been part of the pack, though it was now under a different rule, called Fiori.

The boy would dip his head some, introducing himself with gentle words. “Félicien Ambroise Desgroire. I’m the nephew of Threar’s current alphess, Novella Destruction.” The boy would lift his head again, his gaze fixed on her. “I thought I recognized you as a member when the pack was just as Ludicael... Sorry if I came off a bit odd.”

Ara

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
03-02-2015, 06:43 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2015, 07:46 PM by Nyx.)

Though she knew it was erratic, she felt suddenly possessive over the small stash of lavender that she had collected. Her eyes would shift as she eyed the pile that lay at her paws, though quickly she looked back to the male that had approached her. There was nothing in her posture that might've been registered as her trying to be dominant, though for a moment she seemed a bit confused and slightly bewildered. But slowly she found herself relaxing, a slight smile appearing on her features at his words. He was related to Novel, which made him family in an off-handed sense; and she knew any family of Novel's was a friend to her and she had no reason to be wary of him.

"I'm Ara," she introduced herself, her words still somewhat wary. "Novel Destruction is my mate." Though she didn't know how he might react to the news, if he knew Novel well at all or not, it seemed the best way to explain her connection to Threar to him. "You don't seem odd at all," she admitted with a shake of her head. He'd stunned her into silence for a moment, but that wasn't difficult to do with her. "It's really nice to meet you, Félicien." Her words were genuine and she felt a smile tugging at the corners of her lips as she watched him, happy to meet more of her wife's family.

Félicien

gems
size
build
player
03-05-2015, 08:22 PM

The female would introduce herself in return. Novel's mate? Félicien would think back to the two young boys he had met in Sawtooth some time ago. Momma Novel or Momma Ara? So then that meant... Féli would grin widely, his tail wagging back and forth in excitement. "Novel is my cousin!" He would say happily. So that meant, by mateship, Ara too was part of his family now. He had to wonder about the boys, how they had actually come into the world, but they hadn't seemed unhappy when he had met them. No, both looked and seemed as innocent just as any other child would.

The golden boy would dip his head to the uniquely colored she wolf, smiling gently at her. "It is a pleasure to meet you as well, Ara. I believe I met your boys, Psalm and Hymn, though it was some time ago." He would breath out softly. "You look well too, so I can only hope that all three of them are the same." He would pause for a moment, deciding to ask. "You... wouldn't happen to know what caused Sawtooth to change hands... would you?"

Ara

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
03-09-2015, 06:07 PM
This male seemed far from threatening, and she would quickly relax in his presence. Since Novel's run-in with with the male that had gotten her pregnant, she couldn't help but feel wary around strangers until they proved themselves to be trustworthy. Félicien explained that Novel was his cousin, making him her family by unofficial marriage, and she felt the grin she wore grow slightly now that she realized he was doubtlessly able to be trusted.

Her expression grew tenfold at the mention of Psalm and Hymn, and she found herself nodding eagerly. "They are well," she answered happily, clearly excited to talk about her children. "We're so proud of them." Perhaps they were not as independent or as mature as some children their age, as they'd been somewhat sheltered through most of their lives, but that didn't stop her from feeling proud.

The question about the change in Sawtooth caused her demeanor to falter slightly, a more serious look overtaking her gentle features as she shook her head. "We were taken over by someone named Jupiter," came her somber explanation. "No one was willing to fight, so we just stayed until her rule for awhile. Only recently did she die, and someone named Epiphron has taken over. We're no longer prisoners. Though a lot of wolves have left, including Novel's mother." The briefest of smiles would flicker over her lips, but it was temporary. They were still trying to rebuild their lives, and it didn't help that so many wolves had fled, seemingly never to return. She could only hope they might come back some day.

Félicien

gems
size
build
player
03-15-2015, 05:18 PM

Félicien would find himself smiling as well as Ara quickly answered him about the children. They were well, and their parents were proud of them. Féli could certainly understand that. He was too young yet to have children of his own, but he certainly liked the little ones. They were adorable. Fate and Luck, his newest cousins, were certainly a pair. The boy would breathe out some in relief. “That’s good to hear.” He would say softly, relieve that his family was doing well.

Though hearing that for a time they were prisoners was not such a good thing. The boy was glad that they were no longer prisoners now under a wolfess named Epiphron. Though sadly many had left, and he could only imagine most of those were his family. He would feel sadness at this, though Félicien hoped that wherever they were they were happy. He was curios too, speaking up. “What made you stay, Ara? Is the new alphess kind?”

Ara

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
03-16-2015, 07:22 AM
Her smile grew slightly. Though genuine, her entire demeanor was still a bit wary. Ara didn't know this male, though if he was a Destruction he was as good as family, as far as she was concerned. "Perhaps you can visit us sometime," she offered gently. "It would be good for Novel, and the boys, to spend time with more of their family." Admittedly they were a bit sheltered as a family, though that was mostly because they had been prisoners for a few seasons, and hadn't known if leaving the lands was something they could do or not... but it certainly hadn't been appealing at the time.

He'd continue on, asking why they stayed in the pack they had once been prisoner in. She would shrug slowly, considering. "I think she's kind," she stated after a moment of thought. "She ruled a pack called Seracia, when I was born. She treated my parents well at the time. And, I guess we just got used to living here. We didn't want to change too much for our boys." They were both quite sheltered, and only now beginning to explore the world around them; moving would've only further delayed their development, she thought. "How is everyone in Threar?" Ara would ask tentatively. "Has anyone heard from either of Novel's parents, or her littemates?"

Félicien

gems
size
build
player
03-24-2015, 07:05 AM

Félicien would again listen, taking in the information much like a sponge. The thought of visiting Ara, Novel, and the boys was something that indeed interested the young man. His eyes would shine brightly, a bright smile spreading across his face. “That would be lovely!” The thought of going to Fiori to visit would be an adventure in and of itself. Spending more time with the family he didn’t get to know very well would be perfect as well. To many of their family members had lost contact with them. Goodness knew where they all were now. But he prayed that they were all well, all of them happy.

A pack called Seracia... The name didn’t sound familiar. Though he was glad that the alphess was someone familiar who had treated Ara’s family kindly. He would give a nod of understanding, speaking softly. “Change can be really hard.” He would glance in the direction of his homeland at the mention of Threar. “Novella... Is not doing too well. Her state of mind is a bit off, and physically she has been recovering from the birth of her two youngest; Fate and Luck.” He would frown, looking back to the femme.

“Sadly the only Destructions in our pack right now are Legend and Novella of the older generations. The rest of us are either Novella’s children or my brother and I. As for her grandparents...” The boy would lower his gaze. “They have passed on.”

Ara

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
03-26-2015, 09:05 AM
Since they were free to come and go as they pleased, she knew they were due to visit Novel's family there. Still, she knew there was likely some hesitation there -- so many of her close family had vanished when they'd been taken prisoner, and though Novel didn't vocalize how much their disappearance had hurt her, Ara knew it had affected her.  "What sort of things are you interested in? Fighting, healing? If you don't mind me asking," she would add quickly. She felt her tail wagging gently behind her again, pleased to meet one of Novel's cousins. She only wished she was here with her now. Perhaps they could share some of their knowledge with Threar, or vice versa. At the very least, it would give them more of an excuse to spend time with wolves she considered family now.

"It can," she agreed with Felicien's sentiment that change was hard. He explained that Novella hadn't been doing well either since her most recent birth. She didn't even know she'd had more children.  "I didn't realize she had more children," Ara admitted a bit bashfully, suddenly feeling ashamed they hadn't gone to Threar together to check up on the Destructions that were left there.  "I feel guilty for not having visited sooner, but Novel's been struggling still since... everything happened." She didn't know who knew about what had happened to Novel, about being hurt by the man that had impregnated her, but she didn't think about it much right now. She found herself shrugging slightly, feeling guilty weigh upon her shoulders heavily.

The news that Novel's grandparents had passed away made her frown slightly. "I'm sorry to hear that," she said, her voice lowering a bit as sadness touched her soft tones. She wasn't looking forward to having to tell Novel that -- and she couldn't help but reminded of the mortality of her own parents and feel even more guilty building in her heart, for having not gone to find them just yet. "It seems like so many of your family have gone. I hope they are okay, wherever they are."

Félicien

gems
size
build
player
04-09-2015, 09:10 AM

What sort of things was he interested in? The question had actually caught Félicien off-guard. He would lower his gaze some, almost guilty. He felt so useless in the pack... like he didn't know enough to really be of a help. "Well... I... I guess I'm more into hunting. I want to fight so I can protect my family too... but... I guess I just feel so useless at all of it." The young man would confess. "My brother is already a phenomenal healer. He's still learning too but... I think he's gonna be better than our mother someday. I'm no good at that sort of thing though."

The boy would lift his gaze back to Ara, glad when the subject would shift momentarily back to Novella. "It's still rather recent that she had them. I'm also sure she won't hold it against either of you. Everyone has their own lives to live to begin with, and you guys have faced such hardships. If anything I'm sure she'd feel as I do;; guilty that you guys spent any time at all as prisoners." Félicien would frown deeply. What if that was why his parents hadn't returned? What if they, and Cerise, were being held captive somewhere?

He would give a small nod on her intake of the death of Novel's grandparents as well. It was sad but... "I'm sure that they'll be alright. If there is anything I've learned it's that Destruction's are strong." The young man would motion to her herbs. "Looks like you're a healer yourself. It's probably the profession I personally value the highest, though I might be a little biased." He would smile gently, wanting to lift the mood a little once more.